PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Livius Andronicus
02-18-2008, 03:38
Hello everyone,

I downloaded Roma Surrectum today. I only played a few turns of a macedonia campaign, but I have to say I am extremely impressed. I had been playing the EB mod for awhile, which is wonderfully rich, but I am frustrated with the choppy play. EB is great, but it seems to do too much in my opinion. I wanted to try this mod out because it looks like it pays attention to history more so than the vanilla version, but that it might actually run at a decent pace on my computer. I really believe you guys found the balance between creating history a little better, while keeping this a game.

I know I'm coming off as a brown noser, but great job with the mod. I can't wait to explore it more in the near future.

Nellup
02-20-2008, 17:28
You are right, RS is indeed an excellent mod and will only get better with the release of RS2.

Good Ship Chuckle
02-21-2008, 22:36
Good to hear it Livius! :2thumbsup:
I'm having some technical difficulties with my install, but soon I'll be able to play it too. I'm glad to hear my difficulties will not be in vain.

Long lost Caesar
02-28-2008, 17:45
so is this mod better than EB? im putting rome back on my computer but dont know which mod i should get, and i have to say the screens ive seen of this look IMMENSE!

Squid
02-28-2008, 21:33
Each mod is different has had its advantages and disadvantages, you'll have to try both out and decide.

Good Ship Chuckle
03-03-2008, 04:12
so is this mod better than EB? im putting rome back on my computer but dont know which mod i should get, and i have to say the screens ive seen of this look IMMENSE!
As a person concerned with running performance, RS takes EB out to the woodshed and gives it a good a** whooping. The loading times of RS is about 1/3 that of EB, and the time is takes to end the turn is about 1/10 that of EB. If you don't like wasting your life in front of loading screens, go for RS. :7teacher:

Hax
03-04-2008, 01:15
On the other hand, EB has a huge background script, and with no offense to the RS team (a mod which I too immensely enjoy) is quite more detailed, f.ex the Spartan Agoge system.

But I don't want to turn this into a fanboy bashing contest, so I'll just quote Squid:

Each mod is different has had its advantages and disadvantages, you'll have to try both out and decide.

:thumbsup:

Good Ship Chuckle
03-04-2008, 22:21
I agree Hax, we should remain civilized and dignified.

...But RS is better.

Hax
03-05-2008, 00:51
Fine, civilized, fine.

*sends assassin after GSC*

What? 1 percent chance? What the hell?! But he has 10 subterfuge!

======

Well, I can't convince ya of my opinion, and you can't convince me of yours, so let's just leave it at that.

Good Ship Chuckle
03-05-2008, 22:19
Again, Hax, I can't seem to stop agreeing with you. I am not capable of convining you that RS is better, but maybe my diplomat can.

*sends diplomat to Hax*

What? He won't even accept trade rights? What the hell?! But he has 10 influence!

======

It seems that both of our agents suck...I guess we are doomed to disagree for all of eternity.

...RS owns EB! :tongue3:

Squid
03-06-2008, 00:34
And now back to our regularily scheduled thread, thank you.

Good Ship Chuckle
03-06-2008, 22:13
And now back to our regularily scheduled thread, thank you.
Awwww. C'mon Squid.

We was just having some good ol' rib nudging. Nothing wrong with that, right? :beam: