PDA

View Full Version : Advice sought from newby...

apoll
02-19-2008, 08:10
Hello...just downloaded EB v1.0 and it is an amazing simulation...but I need some advice from you all...

...I am into realism...and played the campaign as the Romans at the very highest difficulty in the campaign and battles; I find now in the mid 160s that I am being picked on like you wouldn't believe...I am public enemy number one...the Germans...the Gauls etc...everyone is at war with me and very agressive...no one will respond to any requests for ceasefires and basically I am being worn down with dark green stack after stack attacking my gains...I am losing and have been pushed back to almost my starting positions. I would like some advice on what is the best setting for the capmaign difficulty and the battles....for realistic balance so I don't attract every crazed faction out there. Would it be better to have hard campaign and very hard battles? Is this more realistic? (The very hard battles mean even slingers seem to be able to sort out my Principes at times...which is just not realistic at all.) Grateful some advice here.

Also...what other mods, on top of EB v1.0, should I use? What about some formation mods? There seems to be a balanced script mod? Is this good and what does it do? The force diplomacy mod looks interesting but it seem like cheating to me if you can force a faction to do what you want. What other mods are 'must have'?

Thanks in advance...and I look forward to some ideas.

regards,

Apoll

LorDBulA
02-19-2008, 08:34
Official recommended difficulty is VH/M.

More then M battle will only make enemy units better then yours.

I recommend using General Camera for additional challenge in big battles.

IndianPrince
02-22-2008, 03:12
Use divide & rule ... better still ... use the force diplomacy mini-mod. ITS BRILLIANT TO create a realistic campaign ... dont cheat though ... thats just wrong.

Prince