PDA

View Full Version : Modding faction building selection

jdan007
02-24-2008, 00:59
figured earlier questions out. But, is there any way to get around the settlement size limit that is faction specific, not culture specific? I keep getting an error that the settlement size of descr_buildings does not match the culture db, since I only added new city types for the sarmatians and not for the parthians or saka who might fall under the "nomad" culture group in the game.

I wanted to add the option for large cities and stone walls just to add the "hypothetical" possibility that certain nomadic/barbarian peoples could have developed had history played out differently. As Herodotus said regarding the Scythians, "they were the most manly and law-abiding of the Thracian tribes. If they could combine under one ruler, they would be the most powerful nation on earth." I also went ahead and restricted what provinces they can develop beyond minor cities, basically areas in the game that already support large populations or in this case "large town" populations.

Foot
02-24-2008, 18:10
The parthians are part of the eastern culture group.

The nomad culture group is limited to only the first three levels of the core_building building tree in the EDB. This is hardcoded and cannot be changed.

Foot

Watchman
02-24-2008, 23:57
As Herodotus said regarding the Scythians, "they were the most manly and law-abiding of the Thracian tribes. If they could combine under one ruler, they would be the most powerful nation on earth."...and didn't that bit refer to the Getai or something ? :inquisitive: The Scythians certainly were no Thracians, anyway, the inevitable frontierland mixing-up nonwithstanding...