PDA

View Full Version : How is it comming along?

MidevalLoRd
02-27-2008, 05:52
Well, personally, I can't wait for the release of EB II, and was wondering if any members of the EB team know a estimate of when EB II might be out. ( I'm not trying to push you ). It looks great from the pics I have seen so far!

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
02-27-2008, 07:12
"When it's finished" is the official responce.
There really isn't an ETA at all. Not soon, is all that I can say.

General Appo
02-27-2008, 08:07
If you can wait for it, then find some way to help with it. Anyway, 1.1 will still be playable once EB2 comes out, so no worries. Let´s not push the EB team into making a CA and releasing a barely functional game like Kingdoms.

Teleklos Archelaou
02-28-2008, 00:48
We have a map, load screens, a menu, a unit, some traits, most of one GUI, music, some scripts, some very slight basics for a lot of new factions, and some other things. It's a (very basic) mod already for sure, but it still needs a lot of work. Especially new unit work. That's something that we need lots of help with (models and textures). A lot more of our work will be ported over though, but we need most help there.

Copperknickers
02-28-2008, 18:42
So, OP, were talking well in excess of january next year.

Teleklos Archelaou
02-28-2008, 19:39
Of the final version of EB2? Yeah. Could there be a release sometime this year of a beta version of it? I would think it's possible. I dunno how much we will need to get ported over first though. Everything will go more quickly if we can get some more talented model/texture guys though. If we had more of those working on all fronts it motivates other folks (there's nothing like new unit images to get people working elsewhere too!), then sure, we could have something this year (potentially).