PDA

View Full Version : Capitals

anubis88
02-27-2008, 22:22
I have a suggestion. I'm not trying to be smart or anything but you guys really seem like you have scripting in your little finger and this could be possible.
In EB and all other TW games the Capital Citys don't mean much. Ok, it's true that for a faction like the Arche Seleukia the loss of the capital isn't so dramatic, it did happen and the empire regained the city, and no harm was done.

But what about city controlled faction's like Carthage or Rome? I mean the loss of Rome or Carthage would make their empire crumble in a second, since the allied city's which were plenty would give a s*** for the faction and would be extremely pleased that they would be free again.

So my question is would it be possible to make the capitals more important? Tell the AI to guard them more closelly, and perhaps destroy the Faction if the capital is lost?

General Appo
02-27-2008, 23:41
Though I suspect it would be hard to accomplish, it would be rather nice.
I mean, if Scipio Africanus had somehow miracously destroyed Carthage in the 2nd PW then he would very unlikely have been forced to run half the Mare Nostrum just to finish the Carthaginians of. Punic culture could have lived on in a few areas, but without central authority it would be every Punic colony for itself, and many of these were not even willing to fight Rome, at least not to the death.

Labrat
02-28-2008, 14:02
An EB member wrote once that they were working on a crumbling-empire script (for EB1) that would do about what you suggested. However, it hasn't been mentioned recently.

antisocialmunky
03-01-2008, 19:02
:-\ That would break the AI. The AI doesn't respond well to sneak attack or guard their capitols very well. At any rate, a human player would really make it hard to make a script like this.

Theodotos I
03-03-2008, 17:34
Yeah, I'm playing EB 1.0 and I thought I saw something in the fact about alerts describing the break-up of the Seleukid Empire, if it happened. However, playing as the Pahlava, the Seleukids are about as "broken-up" as they're going to be(restricted to Asia Minor), and I've seen nothing. So was that another part of the script that had to be removed, like Alexander's body being moved to Pella?

Atraphoenix
07-26-2008, 23:08
romans sacked cteciphon more than 3 times , in byzantine area they sacked more than 5times but both sassanids and parthians recovered from demolishing bt of course sassanids replaced parthians after such a huge defeat and were even not powerful to supress their own staphs...

Majd il-Romani
07-29-2008, 18:21
maybe faction-specific effects of a loss of the capital. in example in the Romani lose rome then south Italy, sicily, sardinia, and corsica will revolt OR defect to whoever took it (like in 2nd Punic War)

||Lz3||
07-29-2008, 19:00
Rome and Phyrros raided Pella several times also , but the makedonians werent destroyed inmediatly...

perhaps if several revel armies or unrest appears...

but that would add too much to the EBBS script I think so... 'm not sure ifits worth it :sweatdrop:

Slim_Ghost
08-05-2008, 11:55
Simple solution: Whenever a faction loses it's capital , all the settlements suffer a huge law penalty for a few turns - to reflect the sudden loss of central administration, loss of the peoples' trust in the king's leadership ability (speaking of which, do also include a "lost a capital" trait in the faction leader when this happened) , petty governors taking the chance from the chaos to be independent, and so on. It works both ways for human and AI controlled factions.

I believe this is a very easy to write and lightweight script that can be easily handled by this mod.

Tellos Athenaios
08-05-2008, 12:07
And you wouldn't happen to know what events monitor just that? :rolleyes:

Space_Ed
08-08-2008, 00:46
I agree. I think capitals should be important especially Rome and Carthage. I think the law problems and revolts is a good idea. Also I think it should be scripted that there is always a decent sized garrison in or around Carthage.

Foot
08-08-2008, 02:24
Why especially Rome & Carthage? Why not also Alexandria, Sparta, Athens, Seleukeia, Amaseia, etc.

Foot

||Lz3||
08-08-2008, 03:49
what about giving to capitals substancial economical importance

by hidden resources? not sure if this could be implemented though

Tellos Athenaios
08-08-2008, 10:07
Problem is a hidden resource is assigned only once; capital status on the other hand can be granted or revoked at will [well, at least in a game that is]. Not to mention the problem of multiple 'capitals' ?

Che Roriniho
08-11-2008, 15:27
I think if we only have it for certain factions, for example Carthage, Rome, and maybe Baktria as well. As these were all focused on a single city, which expanded, losing that city would spell almost certain doom.