PDA

View Full Version : Some general questions about EBII

Kongeslask
02-27-2008, 23:11
Are there any features currently in EB that are known to be impossible under the new engine and will have to be removed?

Any concrete plans for completely new features? Is it possible to say anything about things that were impossible under the RTW but are possible under Kingdoms?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
02-28-2008, 02:16
Towns that look ancient so far don't seem to be possible, so that will be a loss compared to EB1. I seem to remember something that was going to have to be dropped (scripting or traiting) but Kingdoms reintroduced the trigger or something, though I'm not sure.

There are some things that are somewhat decided on for new features, but it is a general rule that these things are kept secret and are used as surprises for previews and such.

Iasonis
02-28-2008, 09:10
will all the soldiers in a unit share the same face or will there be a variety?

anubis88
02-28-2008, 15:23
will all the soldiers in a unit share the same face or will there be a variety?
They vary, look at the hellenic natives screenshot.

So the City's will look medieval? or will you "ancientize" them?

Mithridates VI Eupator
02-28-2008, 15:41
Another question concerning the units: Will EB2 use the visual effects of armour upgrades that exist in M2TW? It might be superfluous, since it will require a lot of modeling, and has no real effect on the game, except that it looks good, but it would be a nice feature.

Foot
02-28-2008, 15:43
Armour upgrades come with a hardcoded armour bonus for each level of upgrade. If this bonus could be negated then we would have many options, but as it is that bonus is stifling what we can achieve with effect.

Foot

Mithridates VI Eupator
02-28-2008, 15:54
I see.
Thaks for the reply.

Labrat
02-28-2008, 18:32
So the City's will look medieval? or will you "ancientize" them?
What MAA is saying is that, currently, it is not possible to change the look of the cities. There is simply no modding tool capable of doing that. Once there is, we may see some change (but modding the 3D buildings was a pain in R:TW too).

Sarkiss
02-28-2008, 19:21
any plans on exploiting Kingdoms multiplayer campaigns feature?

Hax
02-29-2008, 21:30
any plans on exploiting Kingdoms multiplayer campaigns feature?

I believe this is impossible.

The problem would come with the faction expansion regions, they can only be for a single faction in one campaign, so that will get messed up.

Sarkiss
03-02-2008, 13:30
I believe this is impossible.

The problem would come with the faction expansion regions, they can only be for a single faction in one campaign, so that will get messed up.
there are folks playing BC campaign in MP. i am about to join, will see how it goes.

Hax
03-03-2008, 11:37
Yes, well, if memory serves me right, BC doesn't use the 'Homeland, Expansion, Alliances' thing that EB does use. There it will get screwed up.

Sarkiss
03-03-2008, 17:15
Yes, well, if memory serves me right, BC doesn't use the 'Homeland, Expansion, Alliances' thing that EB does use. There it will get screwed up.
iirc there were talks on introducing a new, more in depth system in EBII

Ashtart
03-13-2008, 14:32
In EBII do we have clones units as in EB1 or is there different unit texture as In M2TW. For a lot of people it can be a stupid question:dizzy2: but it can be important.
I explain; to have different texture as in M2TW can be cool for barbarian or for greek hoplites (Oh!!! I imagine hoplites with different bukler, as in in the picture of this time:duel: ), but romans had the same uniforms.

I just would say that you made a great work for EB1, and EBII will be better again. Thanks for all:shakehands:

Ludens
03-13-2008, 16:12
Don't worry, the units won't be clones anymore. Have a look at the new Pantodapoi picture:

https://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5990/picture035sp7fu1.jpg

Ashtart
03-14-2008, 10:21
Yeah I see it, I've just one thing to say::jumping: "Great"

Das
03-16-2008, 03:26
Armour upgrades come with a hardcoded armour bonus for each level of upgrade. If this bonus could be negated then we would have many options, but as it is that bonus is stifling what we can achieve with effect.

Foot

why not inflate the stats to the point that the hard coded increase means nothing. I haven't read all the thread just this one post that i was directed here from elsewhere. It seems as though the numbers will act the same so long as they are all incrementally increased.

Ibrahim
03-16-2008, 07:59
acting under the qthread name:
did the spartans still use the lambda on all thier men's shields (I'm not going by EB 100%, or even 20%), or did they revert back to individualistic by 270BC?

Ashtart
03-17-2008, 11:52
What will be the best configuration to play EB II?:7detective: