Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: EB v1.1 released!

Bruadair a'Bruaisan Member cmacq's Avatar
    Where on this beige, brown, and olive-drab everything will stick, sting, bite, and/or eat you; most rickety-tick.

Default Re: EB v1.1 released!

Well, all I need now is to move v1.1 from my laptop to the external and from there to my really, really, really fast PC, which I will not trust to run wild on the net.
    quae res et cibi genere et cotidiana exercitatione et libertate vitae

Herein events and rations daily birth the labors of freedom.

Hi guys,
    Thanks for this!! Can't wait to get going on it after I finish my Romani campaign.
    Two Queries:

Question 1: Do we still need to install Oppida fix and the other fixes listed in tech help or have those been incorporated into the latest version?

Question 2: Is this playable with Alex.exe?? has anyone tried?

Bests and thanks again!

I guesss I'll have to wait for the filefront link to download. BitTorrent takes hours longer, and it seems to slow down my computer.

Unless anyone knows something faster than BitTorrent (currently using BT 6.0.3)?

I must say finding out EB 1.1 is out is a wonderful birthday gift

Closet Celtophile Member Redmeth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blazing141

Question 1: Do we still need to install Oppida fix and the other fixes listed in tech help or have those been incorporated into the latest version?

Question 2: Is this playable with Alex.exe?? has anyone tried?

Bests and thanks again!
    1) No. They have been incorporated.

2) Yes

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixemperor
    I must say finding out EB 1.1 is out is a wonderful birthday gift
    Happy Birthday

Cheers

theweak-themighty-the CRAZIII Member craziii's Avatar

I thought this was a late april fools, but then the torrent link worked! can't wait to try out the new changes, especially the new horse + client ruler changes.

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    Seriously guys, I don't get this complaining about timing. Noone is forcing you to abandon your 1.0 campaign. Just make a new copy of RTW 1.5 and install EB 1.1 into that, and you have separate installations of both versions.
    I don't know about anyone else but I thought it was clear I was totally kidding.

OMG FTW!!!!!!! WOW.... and i just randomly saw it
    Damnit, i'll have to wait till monday to come home to start playing 1.1!!! what will i do till then?!? Does anyone know anyone with a time-machine?!?!
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

Quote Originally Posted by ptr
    Do you use BI
    BI always.
    Last edited by lobf; 04-07-2008 at 22:42.

Many thanks....

Bruadair a'Bruaisan Member cmacq's Avatar
    Where on this beige, brown, and olive-drab everything will stick, sting, bite, and/or eat you; most rickety-tick.

Quote Originally Posted by anubis88
    Does anyone know anyone with a time-machine?!?!
    No...

but I hear you can get a friend to dig a hole in the ice and snow.
    quae res et cibi genere et cotidiana exercitatione et libertate vitae

Herein events and rations daily birth the labors of freedom.

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

2 Q's:

1-is this save game compatible?
    2-has the unit limit been reached?
    3-why is Torrent giving me wierd script? can someone tell me how to use it? can it be on rapidshare or file front as well
    4-is this all a cruel joke? am I dreaming?
    Last edited by Ibrahim; 04-07-2008 at 22:51.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Enemy of cauliflower Member Visitor13's Avatar

just when I absolutely need to get some sleep!
    A big THANKS to all Total War modders

Heed the wisdom in Omanes Alexandropolites' signature!

You look at this the wrong way: you simply start up the download, go to sleep and when you wake up you'll have EB1.1!
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios
    You look at this the wrong way: you simply start up the download, go to sleep and when you wake up you'll have EB1.1!
    well, wht about torrent? it's just funnyscript-I don't get it..
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Nothing funny about it. The torrent worked perfectly for me. Have you read up the (sticky) on the use of BitTorrent?

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrahim
    2 Q's:

No. See the various posts above yours asking/answering the same question.
    Again, no - for quite simple reasons: where are we going to pull the slots from for the new factions in EB2 if we stuff EB1 with all units, and M2TW offers the exact same amount of unit slots?
    3-why is Torrent giving me wierd script? can someone tell me how to use it? can it be on rapidshare or file front as well
    It's not a weird script: it's a file containing instructions & checksums for your torrent client software to interpret. So you should obviously not open this file with any ordinary text editor or some such thing: you need to use special client software or a browser which supports the bittorrent protocol.

Details are found among the stickies (a quick guide to torrents) on these fora.
    Yes it is.

EDIT: Oh, and also you numbered your questions one thru four ... so why '2 Q's', then?
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 04-07-2008 at 23:08.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrahim
    2 Q's:

Which two of them do you want answered ?

1. No. No. No. NO. NO. Still no. Stop asking already.
    2. No, but it's close. There will probably be no more units in EB1.
    3. Install a bittorrent client. Google it.
    4. It might be. You might be.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

People, new versions are very rarely compatible with older ones. If anything you should look out for a note specifically saying it is, otherwise assume it's not.

Which is why I'm working on my own mini-mod to start the game in 250BC, rather than 272BC.

I'm not in a hurry to start 1.1, I'll wait for the early bugs/hotfixes and whatever else to come out before jumping in. In a week or two things should have settled down.

Great stuff!
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Thank you so much for all of your hard work.
    Are the Ethiopian Swordsman back in?
    You have made my week!

Enemy of cauliflower Member Visitor13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios
    A baloon for you? Yes. Three, in fact

A big THANKS to all Total War modders

Heed the wisdom in Omanes Alexandropolites' signature!

Guys, I have a question.

How do you get this to work with BI 1.6? I've seen some of you are already using BI, but I have not tried yet. Does the 1.0 minimod still work?
    My first balloon: (awarded to undevastate me)
    My second balloon: (kindly awarded by Emperor Burakukuku)

"Have a hearty breakfast lads, for tonight we dine in Hades!"

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

Nononononononononononononononononononononnononnonononononononnonnonnononononononnnononononononononon ononoonononononononnnnonononoonnonononononoonnononononononononononnonononononononononoonnononononono nononoonononononnonononoonononononononononononnoonnnnnnnnnnnnnnononoonnonoononononononononononnonono nononoonononononononononNononononononononononononononononononononnononnonononononononnonnonnonononon ononnnonononononononononononoonononononononnnnonononoonnonononononoonnononononononononononnonononono nononononoonnononononononononoonononononnonononoonononononononononononnoonnnnnnnnnnnnnnononoonnonoon onononononononononnonononononoonononononononononNononononononononononononononononononononnononnonono nononononnonnonnononononononnnonononononononononononoonononononononnnnonononoonnonononononoonnononon onononononononnonononononononononoonnononononononononoonononononnonononoonononononononononononnoonnn nnnnnnnnnnnononoonnonoononononononononononnonononononoonononononononononNononononononononononononono nononononononnononnonononononononnonnonnononononononnnonononononononononononoonononononononnnnononon oonnonononononoonnononononononononononnonononononononononoonnononononononononoonononononnonononoonon onononononononononnoonnnnnnnnnnnnnnononoonnonoononononononononononnonononononoonononononononononNono nononononononononononononononononononnononnonononononononnonnonnononononononnnononononononononononon oonononononononnnnonononoonnonononononoonnononononononononononnonononononononononoonnononononononono noonononononnonononoonononononononononononnoonnnnnnnnnnnnnnononoonnonoononononononononononnonononono noononononononononon!
    I have BitTorrent and used it to among other things download 1.0, but now it won´t work no matter what I do. When I press the Torrent link I just get a "NOt able to show page" or whatever it´s called in english. And that other stuff isn´t working either, gives me the same page. I can´t believe this, I´ve never felt so sad before, it´s like my hearth has been crushed, I have no reason to get up tomorrow, becasue I won´t have 1.1. I might as well die.
    Nononononononononononononononononononononnononnonononononononnonnonnononononononnnononononononononon ononoonononononononnnnonononoonnonononononoonnononononononononononnonononononononononoonnononononono nononoonononononnonononoonononononononononononnoonnnnnnnnnnnnnnononoonnonoononononononononononnonono nononoonononononononononNononononononononononononononononononononnononnonononononononnonnonnonononon ononnnonononononononononononoonononononononnnnonononoonnonononononoonnononononononononononnonononono nononononoonnononononononononoonononononnonononoonononononononononononnoonnnnnnnnnnnnnnononoonnonoon onononononononononnonononononoonononononononononNononononononononononononononononononononnononnonono nononononnonnonnononononononnnonononononononononononoonononononononnnnonononoonnonononononoonnononon onononononononnonononononononononoonnononononononononoonononononnonononoonononononononononononnoonnn nnnnnnnnnnnononoonnonoononononononononononnonononononoonononononononononNononononononononononononono nononononononnononnonononononononnonnonnononononononnnonononononononononononoonononononononnnnononon oonnonononononoonnononononononononononnonononononononononoonnononononononononoonononononnonononoonon onononononononononnoonnnnnnnnnnnnnnononoonnonoononononononononononnonononononoononononononononon!!
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god

"I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams." -Hamlet, II, ii

"Historians and others attempt to pin the tail on the reluctant monkey of change." -excerpt from a real college essay, from Ignorance is Blitz by Anders Henriksson

Please, goddamnit, help me with my question!!!

Pretty please?
    My first balloon: (awarded to undevastate me)
    My second balloon: (kindly awarded by Emperor Burakukuku)

"Have a hearty breakfast lads, for tonight we dine in Hades!"

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: EB v1.1 released!

You EBers suck! I didn't even notice 1.1 till an hour ago, and then this tremendous shock. My game PC is inoperable atm, I'm stuck to mommy's PC for a week or more...

Quote Originally Posted by Metalstrm
    Guys, I have a question.

How do you get this to work with BI 1.6? I've seen some of you are already using BI, but I have not tried yet. Does the 1.0 minimod still work?
    I am not sure, though I'd presume it does - but if anything it should be a quick update for whoever wrote that batch file... ?
    - Tellos Athenaios

Quote Originally Posted by General Appo
    Nononononononononononononononononononononnononnonononononononnonnonnononononononnnononononononononon ononoonononononononnnnonononoonnonononononoonnononononononononononnonononononononononoonnononononono nononoonononononnonononoonononononononononononnoonnnnnnnnnnnnnnononoonnonoononononononononononnonono nononoonononononononononNononononononononononononononononononononnononnonononononononnonnonnonononon ononnnonononononononononononoonononononononnnnonononoonnonononononoonnononononononononononnonononono nononononoonnononononononononoonononononnonononoonononononononononononnoonnnnnnnnnnnnnnononoonnonoon onononononononononnonononononoonononononononononNononononononononononononononononononononnononnonono nononononnonnonnononononononnnonononononononononononoonononononononnnnonononoonnonononononoonnononon onononononononnonononononononononoonnononononononononoonononononnonononoonononononononononononnoonnn nnnnnnnnnnnononoonnonoononononononononononnonononononoonononononononononNononononononononononononono nononononononnononnonononononononnonnonnononononononnnonononononononononononoonononononononnnnononon oonnonononononoonnononononononononononnonononononononononoonnononononononononoonononononnonononoonon onononononononononnoonnnnnnnnnnnnnnononoonnonoononononononononononnonononononoonononononononononNono nononononononononononononononononononnononnonononononononnonnonnononononononnnononononononononononon oonononononononnnnonononoonnonononononoonnononononononononononnonononononononononoonnononononononono noonononononnonononoonononononononononononnoonnnnnnnnnnnnnnononoonnonoononononononononononnonononono noononononononononon!
    I have BitTorrent and used it to among other things download 1.0, but now it won´t work no matter what I do. When I press the Torrent link I just get a "NOt able to show page" or whatever it´s called in english. And that other stuff isn´t working either, gives me the same page. I can´t believe this, I´ve never felt so sad before, it´s like my hearth has been crushed, I have no reason to get up tomorrow, becasue I won´t have 1.1. I might as well die.
    Nononononononononononononononononononononnononnonononononononnonnonnononononononnnononononononononon ononoonononononononnnnonononoonnonononononoonnononononononononononnonononononononononoonnononononono nononoonononononnonononoonononononononononononnoonnnnnnnnnnnnnnononoonnonoononononononononononnonono nononoonononononononononNononononononononononononononononononononnononnonononononononnonnonnonononon ononnnonononononononononononoonononononononnnnonononoonnonononononoonnononononononononononnonononono nononononoonnononononononononoonononononnonononoonononononononononononnoonnnnnnnnnnnnnnononoonnonoon onononononononononnonononononoonononononononononNononononononononononononononononononononnononnonono nononononnonnonnononononononnnonononononononononononoonononononononnnnonononoonnonononononoonnononon onononononononnonononononononononoonnononononononononoonononononnonononoonononononononononononnoonnn nnnnnnnnnnnononoonnonoononononononononononnonononononoonononononononononNononononononononononononono nononononononnononnonononononononnonnonnononononononnnonononononononononononoonononononononnnnononon oonnonononononoonnononononononononononnonononononononononoonnononononononononoonononononnonononoonon onononononononononnoonnnnnnnnnnnnnnononoonnonoononononononononononnonononononoononononononononon!!

Try to right click & save target as.
    - Tellos Athenaios

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast