Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: EB v1.1 released!

Default Re: EB v1.1 released!

Great work guys! I can't wait to start another Romani campaign.

I is da bestest at grammar Member Strategos Alexandros's Avatar

Welcome to the forums, fellow Dan Abnett fan! Hope you enjoy your campaign.
    - my first balloon, from Mouzafphaerre
    - LS balloon

Modo Egredior
    https://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bi...ookup=Plb.+toc <- read this!
    "Do you know what's worth fighting for?
    When it's not worth dying for?"

Default EB v1.1 released!

Thanks for all the help! 1.1 up and running. Played about 40 years of Roman Campagne in 3 Days! Great Mod. I was right, the Bruttian Infantry is a good addition to my Alae as is the excellent Tarentine Elite Cavalry.

Great job EB Team!

Hello! is it certain that my game will be screwed up if i install 1.1 over 1.0 or is it absolutely necessary to make a fresh install?

Yes im quite lazy

No its not certain. However if things do go wrong we cannot really help beyond suggesting that you uninstall everything and then reinstall. Your choice.

EDIT: It is certain. You're lazy if you do it, as it will ... What bovi said.

Foot
    Last edited by Foot; 06-13-2008 at 23:38.
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

It's certain. You're not lazy if you do it, as it will double the effort needed to get it to work.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Well it works, but i will do the fresh install before i start a new campaign just to be sure everything is 100% ok.

The new voices for Pahlava is very good, much more immersive playing as them now, good work!

WOW ... exams just finished and i see this !!! AMAZING !!! Thank You EB Team ... u guys ROCK ! :)

Prince
    Living life not by celebrating victories, but by overcoming defeats

What units were REMOVED between .8 and 1.1? I'd like to create a list and maybe re add a few for a mini mod.

Aithiopikon agema were removed due to being ahistorical, as were Illyrioi Thorakitai, although they were replaced by Epeirote Thorakitai.
    - LS balloon

Modo Egredior

Weren't a few of the crazy Hybernian units take out as well, or did they just have thier recruitment changed?

Any idea who might be able to provide the old unit info, tga.dds files, models, etc?

The Vasci heavy infantry and their Goidilic equivalents had thier recruitment disabled but are still in game. Someone will probably still have 0.8 installed and could upload the files. If not it's probably still downloadable somewhere.
    - LS balloon

Modo Egredior

Didn't we take a Roman unit or two out or am I imagining?

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Late Roman bodyguard was removed. There is also a problem with the Praetorian cavalry, though I think it's still in and will remain in...

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: EB v1.1 released!

The Goidelic hammermen have also been removed. Illyrian thureophoroi have been downgraded.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Klingon-American Member Oldgamer's Avatar

I was a bit late to join the 1.1 bandwagon, as I was determined to finish my Roman campaign on 1.0. However, that was done, and I've downloaded and installed 1.1.

All of the praise for this modification is well-deserved, and I shall add to it. I'm playing as the Romani once again, on VH/M, which I regard as the most realistic difficulty levels.

I've only had one battle, so far. The Epeirotes sent a small force north, and I beat it back, engaging them in Campania. Given the force makeup of both sides, I regard the Roman victory as quite realistic, with 97 casualties for my forces, and 368 for theirs. I immediately sent my force south to invest Taras, to prevent a recurrence.

I like the feature allowing the player to easily control brightness, and I also like the movies. That was a surprise!

I've always felt that the Romans are underpowered, and that their upkeep is too high, given the period. However, I can live with it, since I realize that it was intended for balance.

I'm one of the oldtimers who appreciates the music of Miklos Rozsa from Ben-Hur, King of Kings, Quo Vadis, and others, and music from other movies like Spartacus. However, I've decided to give the mod's music a chance, and I greatly like it. I think that the only "movie" music I shall add is the "Fanfare for Quintus Arrias", from Ben-Hur (when a battle-notice is displayed), the "Legions on the March" from Spartacus (when moving Roman forces on the battlemap), and "March of the Charioteers" from Ben-Hur (when victories are achieved). The rest of the mod's intrinsic music add greatly to the overall mood.

I simply can't say too much about the quality of the graphics ...

Great job! Kudos to everyone involved.

EDIT: I've read that the team is considering an EB 1.2. May I suggest that, to the degree possible, EB 1.1 is merely patched, so that savegames will be secure (or, at least, all that is needed is a new campaign)? For example, why release a 1.2 megafile ... requiring un-installation and re-installation ... when 1.1.0 or a 1.1.1 will do? I realize that some changes require new campaigns, and I know that emphasis is being given to EB 2.0, using the M2TW game engine. So, why not patches?
    Last edited by Oldgamer; 07-15-2008 at 17:10.

The Aspiring God Of War Member Lysander13's Avatar
    Leading the assault against the Gods at Mount Olympos itself.

Oldgamer? Here at the org?
    Is that really you? Have the EB moderators around here decided to start a mini-EB mudpit then? You know, we EB'ers prefer to keep the EB home forums clear from you crazy, loony, conservative types. :P...I keed...I keed...

Nice to see you around these parts.

Hellpuppy unleashed Member Subedei's Avatar

Oh my god!

After a forced break of 6 months due to the absence of computer skills I am again able to play (thanks to Foot and Bovi!).

Started a Hay campaign and it is very (ehmm?!?!?) challenging. I love all the new features like "This year in history" and the like.

As soon as I tried to attack Trapezou [sp?], I was surprised by a text, which gave me the hint "In case of attack, all the Greek factions will be after your Hay-scalp!". Well, I happily ignered this and now KH and the AS declared war on me and my little mountain kingdom.

I can still hold out...and wait till my mines are built and recruit me some good units to kick some Greek butt. Eventually...as long as AS is in war with the Ptolis.

Can`t wait to get back on my computer....Vive Le EB team! Vive this wonderful unrivalled mod!
    “Some may never live, but the crazy never die” (Hunter S. Thompson)

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112