Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.x AI Faction Progression Thread

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 1.1x AI Faction Progression Thread

No.. not KH

Actually Moros mentioned them already.. so he really should get the balloon

Yes.. I'm Romani.. on the little island called Corsica..

How I ended up there?? Well.. you need to have some skill to loose as a Romani and looks like I have that skill

My southern legion was defeated by the Epirotes because they brought(or recruited?) reinforcements and when I finally attacked them there was too large of a force against me..

Foolishly I used my northern army to attack Corsica (I wanted to spice up my game!).. My navy was defeated by the Carthagian navy and I was stranded on that island. Before I managed to get a new legion the Carthagian army near Lilibaeo came and attacked Capua and then Rome.. Because I was in dept when that happened I had no chance to recruit any units to protect my northern cities and they too fell to the Carthagians.. Epirote managed to get Arpi in the same time when Carthage took Rome..

There is one good thing in this campaign actually.. the Carthage and Epirotes are at war now.. Epirotes took Capua and are heading south against Rhegion(Carthagians just took it last turn)..

Have to say that this have been one of the most interesting campaigns because I have never seen Carthage to become so powerful so fast..
    Last edited by Ibn-Khaldun; 08-17-2008 at 22:46.

Hahahahaha!

Man, that is TOO awesome. You will get a balloon for me, just for the heck of it. Great stuff.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Any chance of uploading your save game? I couldn't mind having a quick go at such a campaign to see if I can pull it out the fire.

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I played that campaign for couple of turns so it's 263BC but I'm still stuck on that island..
    Rome rebelled back to me just to be taken by the Carthagians again..
    I have disbanded most of the army because I never would've get out of the debt..
    I have only one family member - Blasio..

Anyway.. I'll upload it to somewhere if you are interested..

Your in a situation where you desperately need to fight back and you disbanded your army? I don't think I'd have the patience, the amount of time it would take to save up and get a new one...

Well, you also need means to move your island off the island so without boats, without shipyard and with debts you are doomed.

Wargamer-Project - Kampagne IX

Default AW: Re: 1.1x AI Faction Progression Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun View Post
    Ok.. if you guess what faction
    Thats great,
    be a napoleon and conquer europe!!

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Default Re: AW: Re: 1.1x AI Faction Progression Thread

A balloon!
    Thank you dear sir.

Pontos 200 BC (Previous Update)

Iberia: Lustannon Kicked out Averni (there dead fully now) and are expanding into gaul, but Carthage is trying to reclaim her colonies it seems.

Gaul: OH GODS ROMANS, SWEBOZ AND CASSE .

Greece: Koinon Hellenon dead after there last family member died..

Rhodios. After Koinon hellenon were defeated. The Makedons were quick to move in, lead by a Agregade (sp?) the city defected to Pontos (Yay bribery) Though he underestimated his brethren in Makedon Service who where quick to get Revenge on the upity noble. In the Insuing battle he fought like a true Pontic, killing hundreds by himself before he and his men finally fell. This inspired the Pontic people and united them under the Pontic Heir Phraortes Kianos, and so began the Rhodian War.

Dacia: Makedon making aggressive moves against the Getai.

The East: Hayasdan and Sauromotte still in a vicious stalemate.
    Baktria has expanded but other then that still pretty boring.
    Last edited by Rilder; 08-20-2008 at 08:26.

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

OMG, the Casse Naval Script actually works!!
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Something just went horribly wrong.

The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

One heck of a Seleukid rebellion there.

Can you put a save of that somewhere (axifile.com?) for download please. I can see lots of fun to be had. If _Chris can work out how to change factions mid-game then lots and lots of fun could be had.

Hey man, it took me seriously less than 10 minutes to do that, it´ll probably take me more time to upload it.
    Just start a AS campaign, give all cities Very High Taxes, move all garrisons out and wait 2 turns. That´s what I did.
    The Appomination

Quote Originally Posted by General Appo View Post
    Hey man, it took me seriously less than 10 minutes to do that, it´ll probably take me more time to upload it.
    Just start a AS campaign, give all cities Very High Taxes, move all garrisons out and wait 2 turns. That´s what I did.
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

Baktria H/M BI.exe Client rulers removed from script :(
    Sorry about the quality of the pics, didn't have the time or patience to mess with Photoshop, so took the quick and dirty route.

I unfortunately had AA turned on when I took earlier pictures, so here's 240bc

AS and Ptolemaioi declared peace in the 260's and are now allied. It doesn't seem to have done either one any favours. The loss of Cyprus to KH has slowed the Yellow Fever and the eastern provinces of AS keep revolting just when there's a Baktrian army nearby - wonder how that happened. Saba holding their own against Ptolemaioi at present, but I can't see it continuing.

In the west, Kart Hadast... um WOW! They landed a large stack north of Rhegion just before taking Messana and the combination has allowed them to power north. Expansion in Iberia is atypically early too. However the Romani are about to launch a counter-attack

and all the reserves are nowhere in sight

In other news, Makedon is starting to show its power, but will probably dissipate it in Asia Minor. Pontos did own Nikea and Byzantion, but Tylis proved to be a conquest too far and they have collapsed to the Mak onslaught.

Continuing
    230bc

Maks go mad. Kart Hadast reserves grow larger. AS suffer a setback in the East. Ptolemaioi start to grind down Saba. The steppes are a three-way battleground. Saka do nothing at all.

Ravenfeeder - That looks almost the same as my Baktria game did at that year. Im at 186 at the moment, Maks are in the Baltic and Carthies expelling Lusos and Romani at same time, havent played it in a month or 2, but I'll post the map soon. It is/was also my first BI.exe game, removing any thought of using rtw again

EDIT:
    Last edited by Voice; 08-28-2008 at 14:47.

My Arverni campaign in 215 BC with BI and MAA's City Mod

Makedonia has had quite a come back after being reduced to Lesbos and Pergamon by 255bc.

Pontos was down to one settlement 2 decennia back, but they are gaining strength again.

The Ptolies have had their asses kicked from 3 sides since the beginning of my campaign. I doubt they'll hold out much longer, but I hope they'll somehow manage to come back too...
    Last edited by Mediolanicus; 08-28-2008 at 16:04.

--> - Never near Argos - <--

The Forgotten one Member Onehandstan's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: 1.1x AI Faction Progression Thread

On my romani campaign AS were wiped out by 230bc (roughly) and the yellow death has no other superpower to stop it. The Arverni have only one province due to my benevolence, but they just betrayed me and are paying for it (dearly ), the casse have all of the Isles and Koinon hellenon recently had an Iberian settlement rebel to them, only to be retaken by the qarthhadast.
    If Vanilla was a toilet, it'd be clean
    If EB was a toilet, It'd be sparkling

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: 1.1x AI Faction Progression Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Centurio Nixalsverdrus View Post
    262BC

252BC

242BC

232BC

222BC

212BC

Iberia: It was all Luso, but then the Carthies steamrolled the country and brought troops like elite phalangitai to Iberia, brought the Lusitani to the verge of extinction, but these turned the tide again and now there's only one Carthaginian stronghold in the central area left besides the coast.

Eastern Europe: The Getai are the perfect buffer between me and the Sarmatae. Especially since the Greek of the Crimea "begged me for help" against the nomads. They don't make attempts to retake the region, I guess it's because of their constant feud with the Getai and Hay.

Greater Iran: The Seleukides are slowly expanding eastward while losing ground in the west. Baktria is slowly conquering former satrapies.

Italy and Gaul: A political masterpiece of me. The Romans had attacked me in Dalminion after having made their way through Gallia Omnia unto the very Oceanus. I conquered Segestica from them, and levied an allied army, consisting of Greeks from the South, Celts and Thracians from my allies in the north, declared a crusade for the liberation of Gaul from the Romans, and sent them to northern Italy where they occupied the towns of Cisalpine Gaul. I gave them to the Arverni who were on their road to winning the civil war. I gave Arretium to the Getai which were allied to the Romans (they were my allies previously), and two turns later it rebelled and the beautiful alliance between the two is a victim of my sabotage... Now the Getai are my allies again. However, my allied army got slowly annihilated, and so I withdraw. The Arverni than made peace with the Aedui and attacked their old ally Rome! They took two settlements, and even the Aedui took Bratosporios, but the Romans are tough cookies, they made their way back, even besieging Rhegion, after the Carthaginians were close to making their way through Italy for a short time. It seems that I have to annihilate the Romans rather sooner than later. The only problem is I don't want to get into confrontation with Carthage because I don't want a Kyrenaian sand war...
    Last edited by Centurio Nixalsverdrus; 09-04-2008 at 01:16.

Previous updates
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Carthies losing ground to revolt in Iberia and to the Romani in southern France and southern Italy. May have a comeback but they seem to be lacking troops in north Africa and southern Europe.

Arverni/Aedui , being allied, have held out against the Carthies, Sweboz for decades, now the resurgent Romani are taking territory from them

Sweboz solidifying ground to the north, pushing back the Maks and taking advantage of revolts and Mak retreat (...though it may not look like it, those Mak settlements are almost empty, and Sweboz stacks lurk everywhere)

Romani, currently the richest faction, are recovering from almost being defeated to driving out the Carthies from Italy and taking more ground to the north, also...whats the trigger for AI marian reforms??

KH by some miracle are still in the game despite having only 2 settlements for 5 years, have set out and attacked+claimed territory for themselves (not through revolt)

Makedonia, have had a change of heart and are now focused on fighting the Hai, leaving most northern territories undefended, they now have about 5 or 6 full stacks worth migrating south-east

Sauro have been quiet, only defending from Maks and skirmishes with Pahlavans, still neutral to me somehow

Pontos tried to reclaim territory from Hayasdan, now they sit in Trapezous with half a stack waiting to be put down by an impending Hai full stack

Hai punched a hole through the Pontos/Mak war, all but destroyed Pontos and took Pontos' place against the Maks, looking very strong

Sele's, down to 3 settlements, lack any military strength after nearly 20 years of fighting turn after turn with me and the Ptollies

Ptollies, declared war on me in ~180bc (by crossing enemy Sele lands) , were defeated, sued for peace which i accepted, attacked same turn, was again defeated... now laying seige to Damaskos with a full stack

Saba have the odd skirmish with Ptollies but otherwise inactive

Pahlava lost their homelands and fled north before the Sauro came back for their land, now Pahlava is isolated and at war with all its neighbours

Casse havent moved in nearly 50 years

Baktria after fighting sometimes multiple battles per turn after turn for 20 years against the Seles, finally recieved armies from the Pahlavan conquest and pushed to the mediterranean coast, now retraining and consolidating new winnings, holding off Ptollies, waiting for Hai to declare war, and in the north, hunting Pahlavans

Continuing Baktria game

220bc

Makedon steamrollers Pontos

Hayasdan start to get involved south of the Caucuses

Ptolemaioi take most of Arabia and then lose it to revolts

Kart Hadast pay the price for leaving 6 full stacks doing nothing in Numidia. Wonder what will happen if they ever go to war against the Ptolemaioi.

Ptolemaioi and AS still allied.

Romani Alex.exe
    VH/M

500 thousand!? Dont you build anything lol!
    In the words of Marcvs Avrelivs;
    Live each day as if it were your last

Ο ΠΟΛΕΜΟΣ ΚΑΤΑ ΤΗΣ ΣΕΛΕΥΚΕΙΑΣ - A Makedonike AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=97530

Wielder of a pointy-thing Member Olimpian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaivs View Post
    500 thousand!? Dont you build anything lol!
    500 thousand is nothing.I had 3 million when playing Romani in 1.0 and building constantly in every settlement.Guess they're big money-makers

Wielder of a pointy-thing Member Olimpian's Avatar

I've never seen this before...Saurmo doing so well south of the Caucasus.And the campaign is still young..I'm curious how things will evolve there.

Continuing Baktria game 210bc

Makedon still on a rampage, AS and Ptolemaioi still allied.

Kart-Hadast oh dear. Oh for a fleet!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenfeeder View Post

That is som Crazy expansion, especialy the Macedonian one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenfeeder View Post

move_character. It'd make things VERY interesting.

Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast