Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EB1.1 for BI

Default Re: EB1.1 for BI

Instead of me opening a new thread, I will assume that it won't harm to much for me to ask how to play EB 1.1 trough alex.exe here. I tried reading the instructions at the mod page, but it only gave me confusion and a headache.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

I've uninstalled EB and copied over my RTW1.5 backup, then installed BI. Only now it won't install the 1.6 patch, keeps saying it can't find RTW-BI.exe, even when the patch is in the same directory.

Do I need to just start from scratch?
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Just done a clean install of RTW + 1.3 + 1.5 + BI, but it still won't install the 1.6 patch.

Help!

EDIT: Apparently it's because the White Label edition is already patched to 1.6.

EDIT II: More importantly, I've got it working.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; 04-15-2008 at 00:33.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)

I got it working too - but its hopelessly unstable!

I get a CTD every 3-4 turns. I have made it to 255 BC but nowthe CTD appears fatal.

That's the end of EB1.1 with BI as far as I am concerned.

Shame though. AI was much better strategically. Much more naval activity and naval invasions.

H.

Mine's been fine so far, but I did do a clean uninstall-reinstall.

Quote Originally Posted by HamilcarBarca
    I got it working too - but its hopelessly unstable!

I get a CTD every 3-4 turns. I have made it to 255 BC but nowthe CTD appears fatal.

That's the end of EB1.1 with BI as far as I am concerned.

Shame though. AI was much better strategically. Much more naval activity and naval invasions.

H.
    I suggest using Ferromancer's EB for BI Installer w/o the EDU options...

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=88717
    Those who would give up essential liberties for a perceived sense of security deserve neither liberty nor security--Benjamin Franklin

As far as I know Ferromancers tool has not been updated to EB 11. It replaces the descr_strat.txt with a version based on EB10. Therefore it should not be compatible with Eb 11.

I thought it just copied over the nessecary folders/files from the EB install...

I've been using the old 0.81 version on 1.1 with no problems, even during beta testing 1.0 and 1.1
    Those who would give up essential liberties for a perceived sense of security deserve neither liberty nor security--Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by mcantu
    I thought it just copied over the nessecary folders/files from the EB install...

I've been using the old 0.81 version on 1.1 with no problems, even during beta testing 1.0 and 1.1

Well, that sounds good.

Before i install and test it myself, do i have to do anything else besides downloading and installing it?
    I like to conquer.

does somebody know how to get the campaing descriptions to work? I can't see to fight a way

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hrrypttrbst
    does somebody know how to get the campaing descriptions to work? I can't see to fight a way
    yes, I do - I had this problem and Theages solved it for me thus:

Quote Originally Posted by Theages
    It seems I have forgotten one step:

edit the file 'EBV11 mod\EB\Data\text\campaign_descriptions.txt
    replace all 'IMPERIAL_CAMPAIGN_' with 'BARBARIAN_INVASION_'

that should give the discriptions
    this worked for me
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

I didn't find that worked at all.

that is what i did and that didn't work for me,maybe i'm missing something else?

Master of Puppets Member hellenes's Avatar

Can anyone make nomad factions to form hordes? Plz?
    Impunity is an open wound in the human soul.

ΑΙΡΕΥΟΝΤΑΙ ΕΝ ΑΝΤΙ ΑΠΑΝΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΙ ΚΛΕΟΣ ΑΕΝΑΟΝ ΘΝΗΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΔΕ ΠΟΛΛΟΙ ΚΕΚΟΡΗΝΤΑΙ ΟΚΩΣΠΕΡ ΚΤΗΝΕΑ

The best choose one thing in exchange for all, everflowing fame among mortals; but the majority are satisfied with just feasting like beasts.

Hey mcantu, thanks for the tip.

ferromancers installer did the trick for me. I have also added the 1.1 fixes and find that I now have a stable EB 1.1 with BI.

H.

Quote Originally Posted by HamilcarBarca
    Hey mcantu, thanks for the tip.

ferromancers installer did the trick for me. I have also added the 1.1 fixes and find that I now have a stable EB 1.1 with BI.

H.
    did you just install it without the EDU options? did it involve any other editing on your side at all, or the installer does all the work?
    thanks

On Theages guide, I need some help, since somethings really confused me.

I've done step 1 through to step 11 (I left out 12 since I didn't see the point in having night battles either) but step 9 really just doesn't want to work.

I assume that the shortcut that needs to be edited is EB 1.1 Singleplayer, but every time I try and edit the 'Start in' box I always get the same pop up box when I press enter. The box says

The folder '"C:\Program Files\ EB 1.1 Mod\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:eb -show_err' specified in the Start In box is not valid. Make sure that the folder exists and the path is correct

The problem is the path is correct and the folder does exist. Any suggestions? Cheers
    Brothers in Arms- A Legionaries AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...86#post1853386

Oh dear, you didn't install the game in Program Files did you?

Ive done step 1-11 (didnt do 12 since I don't wanna bother about night battles) but some reason step 9 (changing the route of the shortcut) doesn't work. I assume that I go into the EB 1.1 Mod folder, down to EB Singleplayer, properties, and the 'Start in' box. I change the destination to the new folder, and to RomeTW-BI.exe (as the BI shortcut is named in the folder) and then add on the mod:eb and all that at the end of it, but when I press enter it says it cant find it, claiming that I need to check the route and that the folder exists. Its all there, so why won't my computer recognise it? Cheers

sorry for posting twice, didnt realise there was a second page

i know its stupid that i installed it there but my computer wouldn't let me install it anywhere else! Besides, even though it was not recommended to install on C I was told it was a Vista only problem, and since I have XP that shouldn't be a problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Long lost Caesar
    Ive done step 1-11 (didnt do 12 since I don't wanna bother about night battles) but some reason step 9 (changing the route of the shortcut) doesn't work. I assume that I go into the EB 1.1 Mod folder, down to EB Singleplayer, properties, and the 'Start in' box. I change the destination to the new folder, and to RomeTW-BI.exe (as the BI shortcut is named in the folder) and then add on the mod:eb and all that at the end of it, but when I press enter it says it cant find it, claiming that I need to check the route and that the folder exists. Its all there, so why won't my computer recognise it? Cheers
    Better than trying to change a shortcut is creating a new one.
    One procedure for creating a 'manual' shortcut is:
    1. with windows explorer (or any file manager) browse to the folder, that contains 'rometw_bi.exe' (the 'EB11 mod' folder)
    2. while right-clicking drag the file to a free space on your desktop
    3. release the right mouse button
    4. a context menu appears, click on 'create shortcut' (I hope that is the english translation of the german 'Verknüpfung hier erstellen')
    5. edit this shortcut to add the mod:eb switch

Thanks, I'll give it a go, although I'm gonna retry your original guide now that I've reinstalled BI and EB, this time not in Program Files. Cheers

I have updated my 'guide' on the first page. It seems I had missed to correct the spelling error in 'Noctophilic_gain_desc'. This should also be corrected to 'Noctophiliac_gain_desc' in the file 'EB11 mod\EB\Data\export_descr_VnVs_enums.txt'

Just a couple of final questions before I give it a shot, does BI need to be patched? And when Theages' guide says that the game needs to have the fixes added on, what exactly does that mean? I don't know what these fixes are, where to find them and, more importantly, which ones to add. Cheers

BI has to be patched to 1.6. If you've got the White Label edition, it's already there.

Here's a question: can I go back to rtw.exe having been playing with bi.exe for a while? Are they freely interchangeable? Do I need to uninstall-reinstall, or can I just change the filenames/foldernames/TrivialScript?

ah, looks like i'll have to get those patches then. can anyone link me them, since i can't remember what versions there are and i can't even find a site that has them! (i'm pretty sure it was v 1.2, 1.4 and 1.6, but i could be wrong) cheers

ah, looks like i'll have to get those patches then. can anyone link me them, since i can't remember what versions there are and i can't even find a site that has them! (i'm pretty sure it was v 1.2, 1.4 and 1.6, but i could be wrong) cheers
    www.totalwar.com
    I like to conquer.

No you don't. You only need 1.3, 1.5 and (assuming your BI doesn't come with it) 1.6. All are on totalwar.com.

I've discovered that you can indeed move between BI and RTW as your executables with the same saved game. However you need to reinstall each time you switch or things don't work. Probably a 1.5 v 1.6 compatibility thing.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius
    No you don't. You only need 1.3, 1.5 and (assuming your BI doesn't come with it) 1.6. All are on totalwar.com.
    Thanks man, I've gone on totalwar.com and have the 1.6 patch ready to put on, but i can't find the links to download 1.3 or 1.5 anywhere on the site. Any ideas? Cheers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast