Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1.1 fixes you should try before posting

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: 1.1 fixes you should try before posting

Yes OK Mr. Bovi. The confusing arose because "retroactive" normally means ex tunc, and not ex nunc. So if something is not retroactive, it should function from then onward. I don't think I want to skip my campaign for some battle triggers.
    Last edited by Centurio Nixalsverdrus; 06-14-2008 at 03:17.

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

Default Re: 1.1 fixes you should try before posting

nevermind I found my error
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 06-14-2008 at 07:37.
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

Quote Originally Posted by OP
    Retroactive means having an effect on ongoing campaigns, and not retroactive means you'll have to start a new campaign to get its effects.
    I think that is pretty clear actually.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Has anyone reported back on the third optimised script? The one with the warning to install last of all? As in, does it now work as intended, with client rulers actually being client rulers, not generals and not interloping?
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

What's the status of the investigation of duplicating Family members Bovi?

If I've understood it correctly, noone has reported. I may be wrong though, if it was and it just wasn't clear that it related to that.

The duplicate family members I've given up on. I presume the problem will go away if recruitment of generals and client rulers are removed, but that's a rather big part to... part with, and also I'm not spending the time to investigate it further. We could really use some feedback on whether the potential fix actually does the trick.
    Last edited by bovi; 06-17-2008 at 20:28.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Difficult to say...let's say after my last Casse campaign failed due to the reported CTD I started a new campaign with the Arche Seleukeia (freshly installed EB and applied all fixes in correct order) and up to now (220BC, yeah I am gaming a lot at the moment as I just finished school and finally have the time to do so after months of learning ) did not encounter any of the previous errors concerning client rulers&their traits.

But that's just one voice...

Wargamer-Project - Kampagne IX

Has the Client Ruler trait been removed in the newer optimised script? Because I just spawned some client rulers, and they were generals. Not interloping, but still generals, not client rulers.

Old script still works fine; will I cause CTD-error issues if I continue to switch in the old script whenever I want to spawn a client ruler?
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; 06-18-2008 at 20:43.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)

I can't find where I saw the post but I believe the new client ruler fix gives you a general who acquires the client ruler trait next turn.

Oh. Does that mean I should go back to my save before and keep using the new script?

I won't take any chances given what happened to my last game. It was only about six turns anyway.

EDIT: New script works just fine, there's that delay of a turn before they become client rulers. Delete these two posts, they're just cluttering up the thread now.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; 06-19-2008 at 16:24.

Did you try it?

Do I have to start a new campaign for the fixes to take effect?
    Oh the Celts, they love their naked half stack men that can effortlessly beat full stacks of Sweboz heavy's...

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: 1.1 fixes you should try before posting

Quote Originally Posted by Wernicke View Post
    Do I have to start a new campaign for the fixes to take effect?
    Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    Retroactive means having an effect on ongoing campaigns, and not retroactive means you'll have to start a new campaign to get its effects.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    Ah, well I'm playing Baktria and whenever I attack Sadagydia (Or whatever region is below Gandhara) the game CTD's even though I downloaded all the fixes, and the one I'm assuming is causing the CTD is the sprite thing which sais that its retroactive. I've restarted it about 7 times and let them sally out and attack me but the same thing happens.
    Oh the Celts, they love their naked half stack men that can effortlessly beat full stacks of Sweboz heavy's...

hallo to all

I have tried in the FAQ, but I have not found answers for some doubts.

I have installed E.B and I wanted to know before if it were better to install the bug-fix quickly, d' to begin the campaign or only if the game goes in crash

for the bug fix not retroactive it seems to me normal to install them quickly. but for the bug fix retroactive?

aspect that us is a problem I install or them quickly?

I make excuses myself in advance payment if these things already have been discussed in the forum, but have not read null with regard to

Blog Entries

If you haven't started a campaign yet, it is best to install all permanent fixes. The optional fixes are just that, optional. However, I would install the first two optional fixes as well. The third optional fix hasn't been fully tested yet. Pay attention to the instructions of the first optional fix, or else it won't work.

If you haven't started a campaign yet, it is best to install all permanent fixes. The optional fixes are just that, optional. However, I would install the first two optional fixes as well. The third optional fix hasn't been fully tested yet. Pay attention to the instructions of the first optional fix, or else it won't work.
    Well I did, reinstalled all the fixes and started a new campaign but on my first battle as I was deploying my troops it crashed... I'm running Vista so should I have it running as admin or have it in compatability mode for XP?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wernicke View Post
    Well I did, reinstalled all the fixes and started a new campaign but on my first battle as I was deploying my troops it crashed... I'm running Vista so should I have it running as admin or have it in compatability mode for XP?
    Sorry, I was answering dedalonur9. I have no idea why the fixes don't work.

Sorry, I was answering dedalonur9. I have no idea why the fixes don't work.
    hello i'm new to this forum. i have a problem that i cant see siege equipments (catapult, ballista etc.) when choosing in custom battle or campaign. i can choose them if i select units randomly. i cant choose them because i cant see.
    anyone could help me please?

Using the new client ruler fix potential fix for a bit now all seems to be working great. Though there is a comment typo in the character traits file I think, that makes the family member trait visible when it should be hidden on line 37590, or is this how the entry is supposed to be.

Trait FamilyMember
    Characters family
    ;Hidden

Level Family_Member
    Description Hidden_desc
    EffectsDescription Hidden_effects_desc
    Threshold 1
    Last edited by kepta; 07-01-2008 at 03:23.

that should be hidden, or at least with a clean EB , however If you have SoV minimod that's normal , if you don't like it to be visible you can change that by deleting the ";" however it's not savegame compatible (I think, I might be wrong )
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

I believe that is actually savegame compatible, as disabling and enabling triggers is.

What is definitely not savegame compatible in that file is to add, remove or shuffle around the traits.

================
    ================

bovi I've a question , if I would like to change my optimized EBBS scriptfix by lordbula, back to the original EBBS optimized script , would that be save game compatible? just checking

since there are reports that say that version might be causing more loading crashes

and does the Interloper thing has been solved in that EBBS version? cause last time I used it, I would get Impostor or interloper traits for my client rulers

thanks in advance
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Hmm... I don't really think that would work. The latter one makes changes to a lot of other files, so unless you took backups I think you'll have to reinstall EB and apply the fixes again.

================
    ================

but... I'm looking at the file itself right now and it only includes EBBS_script , so that's the only file changed, can I go back to the original EBBS? which also only includes the EBBS??
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

You are mistaken. The latter one contains EDCT, descr_strat and the script. I am pretty sure the trait changes require the script changes and vice versa.

================
    ================

yes I was looking at other files hhehe

and , perhaps an ignorant question , but... we can't delete the Client rulers section when using Lordbula's script ,right?
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 07-02-2008 at 22:00.
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Question Re: 1.1 fixes you should try before posting

Instale el mod EB 1.1 y tengo problemas con las unidades Romanas que aparecen en el Imperio Seleucid. Ajguien sabe como corregir esto??

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

I'm reinstalling EB at the minute after messing with too many files and was wondering about the optimized scripts. I was happy with the speed of 1.1 before trying the new scripts, so would I be better with the script in the original install?
    Last edited by johnhughthom; 07-17-2008 at 18:42.

Probably, yes. The initial interlopers would be a good thing to avoid though.

================
    ================

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast