Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 1.1 fixes you should try before posting

Default Re: 1.1 fixes you should try before posting

It doesn't work that way in my browser. Perhaps you should try in Firefox if Internet Exploder fails to locate the file when you click on it. Each link should start a download of a given file, not give a list.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

I ok sorry it was a mistake in my part... it seems i have no connection to the downloads at the momment so i'l try again later.

After installing the 4 permanent fixes is it safe to assume i can start a campaign again without much worries of any more problems?
    Current Campaigns

"tu regere imperio populos, Romane, memento"—"Roman, remember by your strength to rule the Earth's peoples!"

Please excuse what it might be a noobie-dumbie question...

I downloaded all of the Permanent fixes and I've done a Backup of the files that it will be modify. Now my question is: Should I complete replace the folders "scripts", "sprites" and "world"; or just «update» those folders with the "extract - replace only existing files" option (I'm using WinRAR)?

Thanx in advance...

I'm sorry, I don't know WinRar that well. I believe the default option for unpacking should work well, whichever that is.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

All right.. I'll do that. Thanks Bovi.

I only asked because the fixed folders seems way too small in comparison with the "default" ones, so I wasn't sure if it was ok to replace them, but if you say so I shall do it.

Well yes, the fixes only contain the files that are actually changed. The unpacker should leave the unchanged files alone, any other behaviour I would consider to be a bug.

================
    ================

The links for the fixes don't work.

Then you are doing some filtering on your end. I believe some joker put us up for being P2P poisoners or something ridiculous like that, maybe you're using the software that believed it.

You can also try another browser.

================
    ================

All i get if i click on the link is

Index of (ftp://europabarbarorum.org/sprites.zip/[/url]
    Up to higher level directory
    Name Size Last Modified

if i click up to higher level directory then i get page load error.

i got the same list as that other guy and figured it out, thanks.
    Last edited by Sparta955; 10-20-2008 at 13:42.

Which of the client ruler script optimizations should I use? The first one (retroactive) ore the second (not retroactive)? Or do I use both?

You need to decide for yourself. If you want stability, keep the permanent fix and don't install any optional one. If you want speed at the cost of stability and want to keep playing an ongoing campaign, get the retroactive one. If you want speed at the cost of stability and want to start a new campaign, get the non-retroactive one. I'm not sure, but I think the non-retroactive one is a bit more stable.

================
    ================

Hi

I just downloaded EB 1.1 and i installed it into rtw folder that is NOT in the program files. EB starts up fine and the custom and historical battles work beautifully! However there is a problem! When i go into single player there is no campaign, it just has Custom battle and historical battle. I have no idea whats wrong and the campaign just isn't on the menu.

Please help!

Thanks!

You installed the Trivial script, right? Change the settings there to campaign mode instead of multiplayer, or custom battle, or whatever it's called.

================
    ================

does this apply to all downloaded v1. 1 or simply to those prior to the fixes being introduced, the assumption being they have been worked into the latest download. Mines only a few weeks old and these date back to mid summer

All downloads. They have not been worked into any download.

================
    ================

hi there,
    got a big time crash at 192 BC, playing as Romani, after ending turn, it crashes when it gets to Eleutheroi`s turn.
    No idea why, downloaded the two retro fixes (export char traits and script fixes), but Vista won`t allow me to overwrite. Anyone have Vista and knows how to change this, at least i`ll know if these fixes help...
    Last edited by zemaniak; 11-19-2008 at 03:15.

Quote Originally Posted by zemaniak View Post
    hi there,
    got a big time crash at 192 BC, playing as Romani, after ending turn, it crashes when it gets to Eleutheroi`s turn.
    No idea why, downloaded the two retro fixes (export char traits and script fixes), but Vista won`t allow me to overwrite. Anyone have Vista and knows how to change this, at least i`ll know if these fixes help...
    RT-CLICK the EB folder, CLICK properties, 1st check if your EB folder is read only, if it is, turn off read-only and this should work. If this won't do it, CLICK the security tab,CLICK edit permissions, select whichever username applies to you, and check the box that says "Full Control", hit apply, and this should work.
    Last edited by MerlinusCDXX; 11-23-2008 at 23:42.

64,8 stadies from the east bank of the scaldis

are these permanent fixes also present in 1.2?
    sorry if this is a stupid question :S

Yes, they are. Except, the missing sprites were forgotten, so there's a fix also in 1.2 for those. But you need to use the 1.2 fix instead of the one here.

================
    ================

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234