Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spoils of Victory for EB 1.1

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

Default Re: Spoils of Victory for EB 1.1

I am sorry that my lazyness and lack of time to update my mod for EB 1.2 is causing you so much trouble. Please accept a beer as a satisfaction:

Garrison-to-population ratios apear only in the CAMPAIGN_SCRIPT.TXT, which assigns UnitSize traits according to them. As this file is apparently perfectly O.K. in EB 1.2 it should not cause any problems - just use the original EB 1.2 one and it will be all right.

If the copy-and-paste method somehow corrupts your files, the only thing that comes to my mind as the possible cause is that Windows Notepad sometimes saves the files in different format than in which they were created and thus mess it all up.
    I have never noticed such thing as the backup file, you mentioned, so I really have no idea why this happens.
    Just to be on the safe side, I would recommend to use Notepad++ (I have used it for my humble modding attempts and it woked fine. It is absolutely free and very efficient, download here). You may try it as well, but whether it helps, I do not know.
    Probably the easiest solution would be to use EB 1.2 minimod pack by ||Lz3|| - link in my previous post - or just forget about it and enjoy the game as it is.
    EB RULEZZ!!!!

"Technocrat Politician" Member C.LVCIANVS's Avatar

... I can't resist to a fresh "Mrogbonnian" beer...

... noW evErYtHinG IS CleAr to mE, My DEaR FelLoW... To bE is muCH BETteR thAn Eb; becAuS "QVisqu...e....St...BArba..HEY BaRMAn! One MOre HerE!! ...Alio...IACta EsT, DudE !!!"

EDIT: Ok, I must take advantage of this sober moment, until lasts... As you suggested, I've edited the files using Notepad++... And now all goes perfectly. No more strange backup files in folders, and the game loads like an oneraria ship. It Seemed like windows notepad save its files as non-notepad; weird thing in my opinion, quite normal in this crazy world. Now SoV works also for EB 1.2.

Again renew my infinite gratitude to His Laziness VTMarvin for his providential support to a silly, ignorant plebeian lost in his narrow mind. May the Gods always protect yours, Milord.
    Last edited by C.LVCIANVS; 01-09-2009 at 01:04. Reason: Futility.
    °CAIVS^LVCIANVS°

..."Atqve nostris militibvs cvnctantibvs, maxime propter altitvdinem maris, qvi decimae legionis aqvilam ferebat, obtestatvs deos, vt ea res legioni feliciter eveniret: -"Desilite"- inqvit -"commilitones, nisi vvltis aqvilam hostibvs prodere: ego certe mevm rei pvblicae atqve imperatori officivm praestitero"-. Hoc cvm voce magna dixisset, se ex navi proiecit atqve in hostes aqvilam ferre coepit. Tvm nostri cohortati inter se ne tantvm dedecvs admitteretvr vniversi ex navi desilvervnt. Hos item ex proximis [primis] navibvs cvm conspexissent, svbsecvti hostibvs adpropinqvarvnt."

C.IVL.CAESAR COS.
    "COMMENTARII DE BELLO GALLICO" -Liber IV, XXV.

Hi there,

I wanted to try this great mod but apparently there are a few problems which I encountered.

First I use EB+ALEX.exe, the phalanx mod, Atraphoenix EOM and the Legions mod from him. Works all perfectly. So I copied and paste the parts V.T.Marvin described in the readme with Notepad++, so everthing is fine. I really looked that I'm pasting the parts in the exact places etc. (and didn't copy the campaign_script.txt, because it didn't seem necessary anymore). I started the game loaded a new campaign but the characters didn't get the unitsize trait in round two. Even when I fought battles (which I autoresolved) I didn't get anything. Ok so I took a look in the files oncemore, but didn't find anything missing. I decided to apply the different things in the campaign_script.txt using winmerge. Then after a new test I attacked a city, autoresolved and then the attacking char got the trait with enemy camp captured (but I can't remember there was the unit size trait). So I thought everything is fine and started a new campaign with the Aedui. And after I fought a heroic victory mself (using NOT autoresolve) I got a CTD after the battle before the campaign screen. And of course I activated the script.

I really want to play with this mod, but I'm running out of ideas. Maybe someone has the files merged with alex (I wanted to try Lzs minmod, but the download link is dead). Could anyone help me? Would be really really great.
    Last edited by TheStranger; 09-26-2011 at 00:27.

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

I think there's a problem with the campaing_script since it is for 1.1. I have painstakingly tried very hard to implement it into the mod pack, but to no avail.

And marvin was too lazy to make it for 1.2

~Jirisys ()
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

Ah ok so I doesn't really work - like I expected. Because with the 1.2. campaign_script it's like nothing is installed and with the old one I get a crash when I play a battle by myself. Strange thing is that there are some posts who say it does work (maybe). The minimod is also for 1.2. and included SoV and apparently it works? Hmmm
    Last edited by TheStranger; 09-26-2011 at 10:36.

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
    Ah ok so I doesn't really work - like I expected. Because with the 1.2. campaign_script it's like nothing is installed and with the old one I get a crash when I play a battle by myself. Strange thing is that there are some posts who say it does work (maybe). The minimod is also for 1.2. and included SoV and apparently it works? Hmmm
    It never worked for me in the mod pack. No "Enemy Camp Captured" trait gained.

~Jirisys ()
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123