Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New WWI IH

Default Re: New WWI IH

Quote Originally Posted by shlin28
    YAY! ITS BACK!

FEAR TEH UBER MIGHT OF SERBIA!!!
    Calm down, my Balkan brother. We must tread carefully in these troubled times.

So, has the game started yet...?
    Total Mafia Games played ~ 30
    Total Mafia Awards = 1

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarathos
    So, has the game started yet...?
    EF said he was waiting on deployments from people, and would maybe start next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Seeing as many of these people are unresponsive atm I'm gonna shoot 'em all a PM this afternoon (GMT) and if they haven't replied by Saturday I'll do there deployment for them and then I'll post the intro chapter and you can send in your full set of orders for turn one, complete with recruitment, upgrades, research etc.

edit: I have also updated the rules on research so that it is not possible to research everything in one go.
    Last edited by Ferret; 05-22-2008 at 09:47.

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

[accent=british]I resent that remark, my good sir and demand satisfaction. I choose pistols at twenty paces. Be a good chap and appear on the Tower bridge at noon tommorow[accent]

I've sent you my orders two weeks ago, I've even drawn where are my troops on the map. Just in case you missed them, I've sent them again...

On the issue of research, shouldn't it be better to wait until they were historically avaible? Like, we can't research tanks until 1915?

And I have a question about troop transport - can I transport my troops past the Boshporus? At the beggining, Ottomans are holding both ends of the Straits, it would be logical that Entente nations can't move pass them until they hold at least on end. So, what's the deal with that? Opened or closed?
    Last edited by Sarmatian; 05-22-2008 at 21:59.

good question, and tbh I hadn't thought of that. I'm gonna say no so long as they still hold both sides and have a garrison in their capital (or another military base along the straights). The same goes for the gap between Denmark and Sweden, I'll update the first post.

Sorry about forgetting your orders...

Did I send in my orders, Elite?

you did

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Any orders still not in?
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

yeah, all of the following:
    Great Britain - Julian the apostate (done by me)
    Austria-Hungary - PrinceofTroy (done by me)
    Scandinavian League - SwedishFish (done by me)
    Switzerland - Baby Boomer (done by me)

edit: which means I'll deploy for them tomorrow morning and we can start the game at last.
    Last edited by Ferret; 05-30-2008 at 19:42.

It might be better to postpone a day or two more. That's GB, AH and Italy there...

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Baby Boomer hasn't been on since April 29th. The rest were on today.

Cant wait for this to get started.

Formerly: SwedishFish Member KarlXII's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States. Malmö/Gothenburg, Sweden. Cities of my ancestors and my favorite places to go!

My orders have already been sent in. I'll resend them if you cannot find them.
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

You said "mobilisation of Denmark", that isn't exactly what the orders are supposed to be like

Formerly: SwedishFish Member KarlXII's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States. Malmö/Gothenburg, Sweden. Cities of my ancestors and my favorite places to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Ferret
    You said "mobilisation of Denmark", that isn't exactly what the orders are supposed to be like
    Well, I have no real big orders
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

So you don't care where your armies are placed? In that case I'll put every soldier you have on the Northern most coast of Norway

Place entire army in Iceland

Before we start, I'd like to offer the chance to Central Powers to surrender now and save themselves the humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian
    Place entire army in Iceland

Before we start, I'd like to offer the chance to Central Powers to surrender now and save themselves the humiliation.
    How many donuts are you offering me to surrender?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo
    How many donuts are you offering me to surrender?
    12, plus Ice cream.
    Last edited by Sarathos; 05-27-2008 at 04:54.
    Total Mafia Games played ~ 30
    Total Mafia Awards = 1

Quote Originally Posted by Sarathos
    12, plus Ice cream.
    hmm... I don't think so

Can i still send my orders in ?

Of course, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo
    hmm... I don't think so
    Why do the Central Powers have to be so unreasonable? I'll be willing to up the previous offer to 15 donuts and 2 gallons of Neapolitan ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by {BHC} King Jan III Sobieski
    Why do the Central Powers have to be so unreasonable? I'll be willing to up the previous offer to 15 donuts and 2 gallons of Neapolitan ice cream.
    I need more land to grow my donut trees and my ice cream trees on. Then I'll be able to produce my own, and since no one wants to give me any land I have to take it by force. My people demand donuts and ice cream!

Quote Originally Posted by {BHC} King Jan III Sobieski
    We could even go to 20 donuts and 3 gallons of ice cream but don't tell them that in the beggining.

Ferret, when do we start?

Soon is all I can say, I waited a little longer as some deployment orders were still trickling in and I'd rather the players did it than me. Soon though I will have enough time to do it and then we can start.

Okay I have a little free time this evening so I'll see whether I can get everyone's initial deployment done. I've got a lot of exams next week though so I may return to the original start date (12th June)

Right all countries have been deployed. If you sent me your orders but did not recieve a reply with a visual representation (on the map) please PM and I wll get them to you. Now I shall start to write the Intro and then we can begin.

Sorry for the triple post btw...

July 1914, turn one.

The great Nations of the World are gearing themselves for War. After the death of the Austrian Duke, Franz Ferdinand, Serbia has been invaded. Following this nearly all nations were drawn into what would become the greatest war of all time.

Two major alliances opposed each other and many supposedly neutral nations were also dragged in. The Triple Alliance of Germany, Austria and the Ottoman Empire are all at war with the Triple Entente of Britain, Russia and France. Germany is also poised to invade the Lowlands, the very reason Britain have joined the war. Despite the rest of the Nations being neutral now, the events to follow will surely change this as World leaders join the alliance they see as most likely victors.

Britain:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Though your Empire is extensive it is too soon for any troops to join the war in Europe, you must make do with British soldiers for the time being. You have also guaranteed the neutrality of the Lowlands Coalition, thus the BEF (a force of 1 million men) is now stationed on mainland Europe. You have many options available, you could sail huge armies into France (providing their leader agrees) and hoe to hold off the Germans there and let matters sort themself out in the East. Another option would be to invade Scandinavia, or else gain military access from there leader, and from there open up a third front with the Germans. Due to the greatness of the British navy sailing will be faster and cheaper for your troops, making it possible for you to land in Germany itself or even sail an army to confront the Iberians.

France:
    You are one of the greatest powers of Europe, fielding a vast army. However the Germans are even more powerful and are massing large armies on your borders. There are also other potential threats further South. It is likely the Swiss will remain neutral but you must be prepared for every eventuality. The Iberians have an army to rival your own now that Spain and Portugal are united and you do not have the soldiers to hold of them and the Germans, a peaceful solution would be preferable, perhaps even a bribe. There are also the Italians, if they were to join the Central Powers you would face a united front and surely be overrun, diplomacy is key.

Russia:
    You have a mighty horde of soldiers at your disposal, but your lands are poor and your economy unstable. You share a vast frontier with the Germans, Austrians and Ottomans and if they coordinate their attacks against you they will break through somewhere, it is not possible to defend the lengthy borders you have. It is worth contacting the Scandinavians and Balkan nations to join you, as if they were pressing hard against the Central Powers it would allow your troops to push into enemy lands.

Germany:
    You have never been so powerful before! With this confidence the Kaiser has massed huge armies set to invade Russia and France who surely cannot stop your soldiers. Still it would be preferable to increase this horde even further by gaining allies such as the Italians or Iberians, even the Swiss may join you if the right things are offered.

Austria:
    You are now the dominant power in the Balkans. Serbia should not last long against your armies and once they fall you will have the money to launch invasions of Bulgaria and Romania. However the Russians may prove a problem, they will likely attack you before you have secured these lands and so perhaps it would be preferable to have them as allies, at least until the Russians are taken care of.

Ottomans:
    Though your Empire is far smaller than it once was, and is clearly waning, the Ottomans are still a force to be recognised. You have a few options available to you as well. At the moment there is only one enemy that is a threat to you and they also share borders with your powerful allies and so will be weak and your men could swarm through their defences and secure the Southern Steppes for the Empire. It would also be possible to recreate the invasion of Greece as the Perians did, as the armies there are far smaller than their own and you could likely concentrate on them if the Russians are kept busy by your allies. Greece would also provide a staging point for an invasion of the rich lands of Italy if they prove hostile to you and your allies.

Scandinavia:
    You are a neutral nation surrounded by those at war. There are threats of invasion by the Germans from the South, the British from the West and the Russians from the East. Your small armies could not stand up to any of these alone never mind all at once. Perhaps it would be wise to join of the Alliances and then seek to invade the lands of the others, kept busy by your new allies.

Coalition of the Lowlands:
    Now that the two nations of Belgium and the Netherlands have united you stand a better chance of surviving the German invasion, especially with the help of the one million strong BEF. Unfortunately there are little diplomatic opportunities for your nation despite being officially neutral in the war you are still allied with the Entente and at war with the Central Powers. Though of course, in war, everything can change.

Italy:
    Once rulers of nearly all Europe Italy is but a shadow of it's former glory. However the coming war may give you a chance to change that. There are many possibilities open to you. You could join the Entente and attempt to gain land in Germany or Austria. You could join the Triple Alliance and launch and invasion of France, your Eastern front secured. Or you could remain neutral and seek land elsewhere, in Iberia or the Balkans. Or if you have no interest in glory at all you could sit tight and build up defences in Italy.

Serbia:
    You are the leader of a small but proud nation. The recent annexation of Montenegro has swelled your ranks though facing the might of Austria seems a daunting prospect. However you may be able to draw Austrian forces away from your lands by pleading to Italy, and the Balkan nations to join you in war.

Bulgaria:
    A small neutral nation. The coming war could make your country great or force you to see it destroyed. As it stands you have no hope of surviving against your larger neighbours though a war with the Romanians could gain new land and riches for Bulgaria. That is if you want war, it may be better to sit tight and build defences, hoping the Ottomans don't invade.

Romania:

You are commander of a small army indeed. As it stands you cannot hope to compete with any of your neighbours alone. It is advisable to join one of the great powers on your borders or perhaps attempt to form the Balkan alliance in an attempt to pull through the coming war.

Greece:
    Once the 'trendsetters' of all Europe, Greece is a country without power now. Though the coming war may weaken your neighbours enough to be ripe for invasion...

Iberia:
    Now that the two nations of Iberia are united you are truly a force to be reckoned with and one of the greatest nations of Europe. You could condemn the French to death by invading their Southern lands or sail the Mediterranean and launch a large invasion of Italy, securing the large lands there. It would even be possible to construct a second Spanish armada and invade the lush isles of Britain.

Switzerland:
    The epitome of neutrality. Your nation prefers to stay out of all wars, relying on the mountains to protect you so that your economy can continue to boom. However this war is unlike any past war and you may well find yourself dragged into it.

Turn one orders due in by 12th June
    Last edited by Ferret; 05-30-2008 at 20:39.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast