Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New WWI IH

Default Re: New WWI IH

I'd also like to add that a very sharp member has alerted me to a problem with the rules. At this moment there is no way whatsoever to guage how powerful enemy forces are near your own troops and so you cannot make an accurate decision on whether ot is worth attacking or not.

So I am adding a new rule that states that if you ask me I will alert you of all troops within a 2cm radius of your leaders to represent spies.

Sorry for the quintuple post but you guys don't talk much

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

I think that will involve too much micromanagement and is essentially flawed. I could keep 1,000,000 soldiers 1cm from opposing troops and 5,000,000 one a half cm further to come to their aid.

I believe it would be better to know approximately where opposing troops are and app. their number.

For example in the case of Russia I've stationed 1,000,000 troops 2cm south of Moscow, you could inform other players like this: There are Russian troops somewhere in the vicinity of Moscow, their number is between 0 and 2,500,000.

That way all the players will know app how much troops there are and where are they. I feel that this game will involve mostly massive battles, often involving few million men. It would be impossible to hide army movements on such a scale. Also, it would prevent possible "hoarding" of troops in your territory - for example I train 30,000,000 soldiers and mass them in Ukraine and unleash them all at once if a frontline is broken. In that day and age it would be impossible to hide app. number of soldiers from the enemy and their general location. I find it hard to believe that Germany didn't know how much soldiers Russia had. I mean maybe they didn't know that there was exactly 13,290,173 but they knew that there were between 12 and 15 millions. And maybe they didn't know exactly the place where they were but I doubt that they didn't know whether 3,000,000 russian soldiers were in St. Petersburg or in Caucassus.

This wa you could show on the map general location of all troops and their app. numbers. Then each turn just post the map and everyone is happy and informed. If you must talk to all players via PM each turn and then to check all PM's to see if there are any troops 2cm from their leader, you'd get confused pretty quickly. At least I know I would. Also, armies can be stationed in the capital or base withour a leader. So that could potentially lead to situation where Austrians don't know that there is 4,000,000 strong French army on the outskirts of Vienna if they don't have a leader there.

So to sum it, IMHO, this is the easiest, cleanest and most simple way.
    But, it's your call of course, just making a suggestion. I don't wan't to hijack your IH

P.S. Sorry for the long post
    Last edited by Sarmatian; 06-02-2008 at 01:30.

Yeah a good post, as I said originally I am always open to improvements as I'm not really experienced in this kind of thing. We'll trial your system for a few turns and if everyone is happy with it we'll carry on with it, sound good to you?

Whatever sound good to you sounds great to me

I'll never get a million men...

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Is there something good going on? I can be an excellent ally, you know that. So... I am open to every ideas to win the war. Or to finish it.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

I can offer you a hovel and two cattles, will you fight for Greater Serbia?

^ this is a good deal, trust me...

I wrote the rules I would know

Formerly: SwedishFish Member KarlXII's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States. Malmö/Gothenburg, Sweden. Cities of my ancestors and my favorite places to go!

Quote Originally Posted by shlin28 View Post
    I can offer you a hovel and two cattles, will you fight for Greater Serbia?
    Make it three, add a chicken, and we'll talk.
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

3 hovels or 3 cattles? I can't afford both...

Hovels must be mightily expensive in Serbia, you do have 2 million <insert generic currency here>

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wink Re: New WWI IH

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishFish View Post
    Make it three, add a chicken, and we'll talk.

How About Some Cashews And Milk Instead??

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Ferret View Post
    Hovels must be mightily expensive in Serbia, you do have 2 million <insert generic currency here>
    Well after all my leet defences I don't exactly have much cash left... I DEMAND A RICHER SERBIA!

Of course! All demands shall be met, Serbia now has 50 kabillion trillion gazillion moles (6x10^23) of generic currency units. Only problem is all of this free money caused massive hyperinflation so now a loaf of bread costs 40 kabillion trillion gazillion moles.

By 'richer' I meant cash which is economically viable...

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Wat? *Invades Poland*
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo View Post
    Wat? *Invades Poland*
    Tsk, tsk, such aggression!

How close are we to playing?

Well so far only 3 people have sent in orders, which is discouraging. This could mean we'd have to replace some people who haven't done anything since signing up which will mean it could take a while longer.

Sorry I haven't got my orders in, was going to wait till near deadline, but I'll try to get them in today.

Well so far only 3 people have sent in orders, which is discouraging. This could mean we'd have to replace some people who haven't done anything since signing up which will mean it could take a while longer.
    Would the host be so kind as to destroy those nations who has yet to send in orders? Poor Serbia sure could use your help...

Quote Originally Posted by shlin28 View Post
    By 'richer' I meant cash which is economically viable...
    Don't worry. You what they say, "It's not what you know, it's who you know" and at this moment you have some powerful friends...

So... how many people sent in orders?

probably only around half, maybe less. Tomorrow I'll be PMing those who have only missed orders once and looking for replacements for those who have missed orders both times. I really don't want to have to play half of the factions myself...

Players who haven't sent in orders this turn, but did last turn:
    none now

Players that haven't sent in any orders yet:
    PrinceofTroy
    Baby Boomer

as you can see this is around half of the players.

I am opening up Austria for anyone to take as it is no good having one of the major powers unplayed

As for those on the first list, they have until Sunday 10:00 GMT
    Last edited by Ferret; 06-15-2008 at 11:41.

No Austria playing? Awsome

*Hums the Serbian national anthem*

Just to announce that Bulgaria and Greece are officially members of the Entente. Any attack on them by a neutral country will be considered the same as the attack on Russia, and Russia will respond accordingly and decisively. That goes for an attack on any other member of the Entente of course.

I'm sure the official declaration of war on the Central Powers by Bulgaria and Greece will follow shortly...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    Just to announce that Bulgaria and Greece are officially members of the Entente. Any attack on them by a neutral country will be considered the same as the attack on Russia, and Russia will respond accordingly and decisively. That goes for an attack on any other member of the Entente of course.

I'm sure the official declaration of war on the Central Powers by Bulgaria and Greece will follow shortly...
    To the enemies of the Greek nation:

A segment from a popular Buglarian radio show.

President Vladimir Vazov of Bulgaria

To the people of Buglaria, it is my duty as President of this great country, to annouce that Buglaria has entered into this international conflict as a member of the Triple Ententre. I hereby formally and officially declare war on the alliance of the Central powers....God bless Bulgaria, and may this conflict soon be resolved.
    Last edited by Sarathos; 06-14-2008 at 12:13.
    Total Mafia Games played ~ 30
    Total Mafia Awards = 1

I'll give a hovel to whoever who enters Vienna first!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast