Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20606667686970
Results 2,071 to 2,077 of 2077

Thread: A New EB Tavern

Default Re: A New EB Tavern

[QUOTE=Moros;1992442]
    Quote Originally Posted by pezhetairoi View Post

Copenhagen is a verry nice city! Real lovely, not sure about the nights though (went there with me parents) Oslo is kind of a concrete grey city I've heard, not sure if that's true though. London well there's a lot to do and to see. Though it's not the most beautifull of the really big cities of Europe though. Not at all really. Then I'd rather go to Paris, been there twice and I'd still go back! While London, well I'v got the been there done that feeling. Rome is of course worth a visit, so are all the nothern rennaisance cities (Firenze/Florence!!!) When in Italy don't you visit Napels, dirty ugly city. And another great city is Lisboa/Lisbon, it is not the size of Paris and London but it'll do. Has great night life and a nice weather. Always sunshine and good temperature, but because of an Atlantic breeze never too hot. Vienna is also a nice city, not that big though, but every building is just a piece of art. Not sure how the nights are.
    I can go and on when it comes to must visits in Europe, so I'll just add a few city names:
    Barcelon
    Valencia (!)
    Madrid
    Berlin
    Prague (!)
    Budapest (!)
    Leuven (!!!!!!!!! ;))
    Amsterdam
    The Hague (or how is it spelled in English?)
    Bruges
    Brussels
    Trier
    Athens
    Istanbul (!)

Also: you forgot Utrecht.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

[QUOTE=Tellos Athenaios;1992517]
    Quote Originally Posted by Moros View Post

Also: you forgot Utrecht.

Yeah, I first wrote it in dutch completely then I changed it to Englisg, but apparantly I forgot to change the first part! Utrecht? Never been there. Maastricht is nice too.
    Bartender I'm thirsty! What about two pints of Rodenbach?

Utrecht is very cool. I lived there for seven years, right in the middle of the city. Great place to be.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Hax View Post
    Guys, let's share urban legends? You guys got any good spooky stories from around the area?
    A few drops of listerine in a plate of water will knock mosquitoes out of the sky.

From Snopes.com

Um, Viking, I have to go to London because that's where my other scholar friends are studying, and that's where the Sterling Airlines flight to Tromso departs... So we're meeting up there. I ain't got a choice, dude. XD

I'm going to Osnabruck via Belgium/Netherlands in spring, might pop by to see Moros and Hax then, and maybe drag Hax along to Osnabruck too XD

I intend a trip around France in my second year with my girlfriend, and Rome also. In my third year, I will go to Greece (AT LAST!), and after that, if budget still permits, to Petra in Jordan (just a very short trip).

It's really ambitious and I'll probably bankrupt my government-given allowance. So if you happen to see some guy with an apron and a helmet washing dishes outside a seedy restaurant in a rundown part of York, be nice and give him some quid to tide him over, okay?

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Well if you pass in Belgium I might be able to set you up with a free place to sleep. Depens if I'm going to live alone like last year, or go to university by train. (I went out a little to much last, so me parents are still thinking about it lol) Though even that doesn't work out, I might still be able to get you a sleeping place.

The EB Team has become increasingly concerned with the behavior and general attitude of several members on its forum. The good will that was once a part of it seems to have been replaced by negativity and sarcasm - especially toward new members. Not only does the team find this worrisome, but it also hurts the team's image while fostering an unwelcome climate and discouraging discussion of topics specifically related to the mod. As an example: If a new member asks about why Lorica Segmentata is not in the mod, he is verbally abused or called names instead of pointed towards the FAQ (and maybe given a jestful remark about "here we go again?" or similar).

This is the ORG board. These are private sub-forums; and the EB team has been granted to moderate these forums as it sees fit so long it remains within the ORG forums.

Henceforth, the EB Team will seriously consider at least temporarily banning repeating offenders for spamming or confrontational language. We also feel at liberty to delete posts which we find to be SPAM or confrontational. Furthermore, we are closing down the EB Tavern and any similar threads as they foster the type of behavior that we want to prevent from happening this board.

EB Tavern,

We have given you a chance to change your behaviour, but once again you have spoilt it. The vast majority of posts here are of a comradery nature (if rather random and sometimes tending toward spam), however a small but significant minority have persisted in behaviour that got the last EB Tavern shut down. We are concerned about the tendency of the culture fostered within these pages to be spilled outside, particularly against new forum users. There is a perception that this thread does not need to conform to the normal rules and behaviours of a forum - the threat of attack against another mod is but a case in point - but this is not the case.

We realise that many people will be angry with the closure of the EB Tavern but we have come to realise that these EB forums are not a suitable place to host such off-topic banter. The .org has many places for such topics that are far more suitable for unrestricted conversation. The association of this forum with the EB modification and its team means that the bad behaviour of a few tarnishes the image of the entire team - a volunteer organisation who do not wish to see their reputations damaged by irrelevant conversation. We are glad that a strong community has formed amongst the fans of EB, but we no longer feel comfortable playing host to it on these forums.

Signed,

EB Team.
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20606667686970