Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Future World

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Default Re: Future World

A New Declaration of Human Rights

People, we have come to a crossroads in our history. Recent events have seen the rise of extremism in all of its forms and we increasingly risk becoming two worlds - one of wealth and one of poverty. For this reason I declare that it is time for an update to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, that most important document first signed in 1948. The conference to discuss this will occur in July 2011, with possible implementation occurring by 2014.

What I propose is to keep the text for the most part the same, yet also to add in several other clauses. The proposed clauses are:
    • Each person has the right to live a life free of poverty, famine and should never find themselves wanting for the most basic of human needs
    • If a nation finds itself in a position to help those citizens of their fellow nations to alleviate the aforementioned conditions, then it should do whatever is in its power to do so
    • Each person has the right to live in a clean environment

These three new clauses will help us become one world again - the wealthier nations may help the poor out of the vicious cycle of poverty, while the entire world works together to create a cleaner environment, free of the risks of Global Warming.

Further to this I propose a new version of the Kyoto Protocols, to be discussed in Greenland in 2012. Greenland has seen the collapse of many of its ancient glaciers in recent years and it would do the world good to see that its leaders are making an attempt to solve the problems that we can forsee. All nations shall be invited and all nations who have ratified the Kyoto Protocols* shall receive one vote on all matters put forth.

*i.e - All nations except the United States
    Last edited by CountArach; 05-18-2008 at 13:23.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

South Korea applies for a conference of the Security Council to discuss the threat of the Chinese-Russian training in the Taiwan Straight
    Israel files for a conference of the Security Council to decide actions against Iran because of the nuclear program
    India appeals to the Security Council to discuss the threat coming from the riot at Pakistan.
    Though I personally have no authority over the member nations of the security council, I feel obliged to comment on these issues.

I wish to personally express my concern over China and Russia performing military maneouvers in the Taiwan Straight. This is but the first step on the road to another war and one step further away from the idealism of world peace. I will warn China and Russia that it is within my authority to advise that some nations boycot products, though obviously it is not within my authority to ensure that such boycots are carried through.

Regarding Israel's problem, I wish to call a new summit to discuss further steps towards multilateral disarmament. If the largest nations of the world start to disarm themselves, there will be no reason for the smaller nations to create a nuclear weapons program to defend themselves. This summit shall be called for September 2011.

I advise India that the riots in Pakistan are an internal matter over which the United Nations has no control.
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Iran's Proposal For UN Reform-

The security council be expanded to include at least one nation from each continent, minus Antarctica. The European Union would then send an alternating member of their choice as their delegate, to balance power somewhat. Also, we believe firmly that India deserves a position in the Security council as well, due to their stronger economy and rapid modernization. Iran's suggestion for South America would be Brazil, for Australia would be Australia, and for Africa would be Egypt.

However, the Security Council would be changed- As the new council would be derived of 8 members, veto power would be altered. Instead of each nation possessing absolute veto power, a 75% majority, or six total votes, would be needed in favor of a resolution to pass it.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Would Austirllia really be a good choice? Yes they are the leader of their continent but what competition do they have. In addition this would misrepersent some countries, for example lets look at europe we can both agree that Germany, France, the UK and Russia are important nations but under your rules only one could be repersented while less influential nations such as egypt would gain power. Farther more the E.U. supports giving Germany, India and Brazil permentent spots on the council in order to better repersent the international communnity. In addition we support a reform in veto order and suggests that the permenent members simply act as sort of second house of the UN which all resoloutions have to be cleared through.

The E.U. also announces its support of all confreneces called by the U.N. and will be attending.

In addition the E.U. calls for Russia to lessen its restrictions on forigen investor and embrace a free market for the good of all.
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Russia vetoes any attempts at changing the structure of the vote in the security council, but is not opposed to the inclusion of new members.

Russia will reserve the right to decide on her own policy. EU investors are welcome to invest in Russia, but no more will issues that are important to the russian people be decided by wealthy foreigners wishing to get rich on what belongs to all the russians.
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

The United States agrees with Russia's Veto.
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

And what of China, France and the United Kingdom?

(Insert innuendo here) Member Balloon Bomber Champion DemonArchangel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CountArach
    Though I personally have no authority over the member nations of the security council, I feel obliged to comment on these issues.

I wish to personally express my concern over China and Russia performing military maneuvers in the Taiwan Straight. This is but the first step on the road to another war and one step further away from the idealism of world peace. I will warn China and Russia that it is within my authority to advise that some nations boycott products, though obviously it is not within my authority to ensure that such boycotts are carried through. (etc.)
    Hey, about you, Uncle Sam, and Sorkies all get bent? I'll decide when and where I'll conduct maneuvers, and with whom. Are my sovereign affairs the business of the UN?

I'll be there in person in Greenland, but I'm backing Russian on vetoing any attempt to reform the Security Council. Additionally, I'm not going to disarm until the United States does so as well.

The Chinese have nothing to fear from foreign competition. We will be putting up several old and inefficient companies formerly owned by the state on the auction block in case anyone else wants their assets and market position. Also, foreign interests are now allowed to trade on the Shanghai Stock Exchange, but they must buy new stock at cost, instead of buying stock at below cost. Also, China is launching its own Securities and Exchange Commission. Investors are encouraged to come and participate in China's free and transparent economy. After all, the Americans are getting somewhat unreliable these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    China is not a world power. China is the world, and it's surrounded by a ring of tiny and short-lived civilisations like the Americas, Europeans, Mongols, Moghuls, Indians, Franks, Romans, Japanese, Koreans.

Count, I hate to break it to you, but a single veto annihilates all possibility of reform and change. We don't all have to veto, just a single one. That's why the Korean War was started, because the USSR stepped out of the Security Council for a potty break and WHAM! the Security passed the resolution through in record time.

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Murat
    Count, I hate to break it to you, but a single veto annihilates all possibility of reform and change. We don't all have to veto, just a single one. That's why the Korean War was started, because the USSR stepped out of the Security Council for a potty break and WHAM! the Security passed the resolution through in record time.
    OOC: And to think it was the USSR that was keeping the world sane... Ah the irony.

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

I am absolutely aware of that - I am just trying to gauge interest. Someone has to look out for world peace, after all.

" Hammer of the East" Member King Kurt's Avatar

A quick message from the rest of the world!!

I need to assimulate what is happening so possibly there will be a short delay before I reply to PMs . However, I hope to be up to speed as soon as possible.
    "Some people say MTW is a matter of life or death - but you have to realise it is more important than that"
    With apologies to Bill Shankly

My first balloon - for "On this day in History"

Humanist Senior Member Franconicus's Avatar

In this period these countries will be non-permanent members of the Security Council:

Bulgaria
    Argentina
    Mali
    Nigeria
    Japan

Saudi_Arabia announced to decrease oil production by 5% per year.
    Last edited by Franconicus; 05-19-2008 at 19:31.

Blog Entries

Russia announces that it will increase production by 10% if demand for oil pushes the price past 140$ per barrel. If this happens, russia will sell at a fixed 100E per barrel until prices get back under or 12 months, whichever is longest.

Blog Entries

Russia proposes a summit in Kaliningrad and invites the leaders of Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan to discuss the stability in the Middle East and long term economic cooperation.

The leaders of Saudi Arabia, and Kazakhstan are invited to attend as observers.

Russia wishes to strengthen its ties with Argentina and Brazil. Russian investors like South America, and the President will visit these countries as part of his American tour.

Other coutries are Panama, Cuba, and the USA if the President of the US will welcome the Russian visit.

Russia will also impose an additional import tariff of 10% on alcohol in order to better combat the drinking problems of the population.

The United Nations respectfully asks if it can attend the summit as an observer to represent the other nations in this region.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CountArach
    The United Nations respectfully asks if it can attend the summit as an observer to represent the other nations in this region.
    The Un is welcome to attend as an observer without veto or voting power.

Humanist Senior Member Franconicus's Avatar

There is a new world reporter. BHC. Welcome!

Don`t forget that Saturday is the last chance to give me orders!

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thank You! I'll start getting to work ASAP!

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

We accept the invitations, but I'd like to know why aren't we allowed to take part of the discussion?

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

The United States would welcome a visit from the Russian president.

The United States also would like to pronounce a withdrawal of 10,000 combat troops from Iraq, to be continued with further draw-downs in the upcoming months.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caius
    We accept the invitations, but I'd like to know why aren't we allowed to take part of the discussion?
    You can participate, but you can't really vote on the decisions. You're welcome to propose ideas.

Blog Entries

The United States would welcome a visit from the Russian president.

The United States also would like to pronounce a withdrawal of 10,000 combat troops from Iraq, to be continued with further draw-downs in the upcoming months.
    That is great news. May this be a new page in the US-Russian relationship.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

The Brazilian President is grateful that the Russian President will be visiting him. Anything he wishes to discuss with us we are all ears.

OOC: Do we get decisions or do we just write our own?
    Last edited by Csargo; 05-21-2008 at 21:25.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

The People's Republic of China formally denounces America's attempts to build a military base in Vietnam. The People's Republic of China will NOT tolerate this course of action and will go to extreme lengths, up to and including military action in order to protect the region against American depredation. Also, the Bank of China will convert some of its holdings of American dollars to Euros , as the American economy looks increasingly unstable. The majority of the Bank of China's holdings will remain in dollars.

-PRC Foreign Ministry
    China is not a world power. China is the world, and it's surrounded by a ring of tiny and short-lived civilisations like the Americas, Europeans, Mongols, Moghuls, Indians, Franks, Romans, Japanese, Koreans.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonArchangel
    Hey, about you, Uncle Sam, and Sorkies all get bent? I'll decide when and where I'll conduct maneuvers, and with whom. Are my sovereign affairs the business of the UN?

I'll be there in person in Greenland, but I'm backing Russian on vetoing any attempt to reform the Security Council. Additionally, I'm not going to disarm until the United States does so as well.

The Chinese have nothing to fear from foreign competition. We will be putting up several old and inefficient companies formerly owned by the state on the auction block in case anyone else wants their assets and market position. Also, foreign interests are now allowed to trade on the Shanghai Stock Exchange, but they must buy new stock at cost, instead of buying stock at below cost. Also, China is launching its own Securities and Exchange Commission. Investors are encouraged to come and participate in China's free and transparent economy. After all, the Americans are getting somewhat unreliable these days.
    Clarifications:
    1.) State owned assets are to be sold below value, but not far enough below value that they can't cover the bad loans they took out. They don't have to be owned by the Chinese at all. China does not fear foreign competition. However, these companies will be subject to taxation on any income they earn, not just in China.

2.) Basically, the Securities and Exchange Commission I'm setting up will enforce the financial laws in place in China. Stock will be purchased at cost and not financed with loans, stock will be issued in an orderly manner and the Securities Commission will review the books of companies to make sure that they're not committing fraud. Also, the Securities Commission will determine criminal liability in cases of fraud.

Other Note:

I am repealing the One Child Law for certain families that can prove that they can financially and physically support two or more children.

" Hammer of the East" Member King Kurt's Avatar

An important announcement from the Non-Aligned nations of the Pacific Rim (NANPR)

The nations of Taiwan, Japan, Vietnam, Austrailia, Indonesia and the Phillipines declare that, as of today, January 1st 2011, they have formed a mutual self- defence alliance to prevent the destabilisation of the region by the increasingly aggressive attitude and stance of China. The persecution of Tibet and the forced migration of millions of people is contary to the expected actions of a modern civilised nation. Its lack of action over Dafur has sentenced thousands of innocent Africans to starve to death. Their aggressive bullying diplomatic stance to our nations leaves no choice but to act together in mutual self defence.

NANPR's first actions will be as follows:

1) The Taiwan Straight up to internationally recognised territorial waters is declared a Demilitarised area for all craft except those of NANPR.
    2) NANPR announce the setting up of a permanent flotilla of ships of all the NANPR navies to patrol and enforce the DMZ within the Straight. This will be known as NANPRFLOT
    3) All NANPR nations will enforce a complete trade embargo for all companies based or trading in their countries for the sale of goods or services with China.
    4) NANPR countries will not buy goods or services from China or companies based there.
    5) All Chinese assets in NANPR countries and banks will be seized.
    6) All diplomatic links with China will be severed. Diplomatic links will be via the UN.
    7) All Chinese embassies and diplomatic presences in NANPR countries will be closed.

We call upon the nations of the world to state their view on the actions of NANPR so the world can judge if they support the aggressive actions of China or if support the way of peace and free trade.
    Last edited by King Kurt; 05-22-2008 at 16:07.
    "Some people say MTW is a matter of life or death - but you have to realise it is more important than that"
    With apologies to Bill Shankly

My first balloon - for "On this day in History"

Demilitarized my . Prepare for war.-Premier DemonArchangel
    Last edited by DemonArchangel; 05-22-2008 at 16:26.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by King Kurt
    An important announcement from the Non-Aligned nations of the Pacific Rim (NANPR)

The nations of Taiwan, Japan, Vietnam, Austrailia, Indonesia and the Phillipines declare that, as of today, January 1st 2011, they have formed a mutual self- defence alliance to prevent the destabilisation of the region by the increasingly aggressive attitude and stance of China. The persecution of Tibet and the forced migration of millions of people is contary to the expected actions of a modern civilised nation. Its lack of action over Dafur has sentenced thousands of innocent Africans to starve to death. Their aggressive bullying diplomatic stance to our nations leaves no choice but to act together in mutual self defence.

NANPR's first actions will be as follows:

1) The Taiwan Straight up to internationally recognised territorial waters is declared a Demilitarised area for all craft except those of NANPR.
    2) NANPR announce the setting up of a permanent flotilla of ships of all the NANPR navies to patrol and enforce the DMZ within the Straight. This will be known as NANPRFLOT
    3) All NANPR nations will enforce a complete trade embargo for all companies based or trading in their countries for the sale of goods or services with China.
    4) NANPR countries will not buy goods or services from China or companies based there.
    5) All Chinese assets in NANPR countries and banks will be seized.
    6) All diplomatic links with China will be severed. Diplomatic links will be via the UN.
    7) All Chinese embassies and diplomatic presences in NANPR countries will be closed.

We call upon the nations of the world to state their view on the actions of NANPR so the world can judge if they support the aggressive actions of China or if support the way of peace and free trade.
    Would this, then, mean that US warships are also banned from NANPR's territorial waters?
    Or does NANPR only focusing on chinese imperialism at this point? Perhaps we can hope for an expansion of the list of imperialist countries in the next session?

Well... now the world is screwed. Not much I can do about it...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast