Thread: Is this config suitable for MTW-VI

Default Is this config suitable for MTW-VI

I recently upgraded my computer,and just wanted to inquire whether I should even bother trying to play MTW-VI on it, considering the issues with the most recent drivers+hardware.

1.Core2Duo 4500 2.2 Mhz
    2.Nvidia 8400GT 512 MB DDR2(169.32 driver)
    3.2 GB 667 DDR2 Ram
    4. OS- XP SP2(32 bit version)

A hearty thanks in advance.
    In the three years of war, necessity gave birth to invention. During those three years, we built bombs, we built rockets, we designed and built our own delivery systems. For three years, blockaded without hope of imports, we maintained engines, machines, and technical equipment. We spoke to the world through a telecommunications system engineered by local ingenuity. In three years of freedom, we had broken the technological barrier. In three years, we became the most civilized, the most technologically advanced black people on earth."
    - General Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Default Re: Is this config suitable for MTW-VI

Moved to Hard- Software where this will get better treatment.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

You're in XP, that's a good thing ... dunno about the video card.

Post Re: Is this config suitable for MTW-VI

You've got a Geforce 8 Series card there, so, sadly the ability to play all of M:TW is not at current possible, regardless of the OS.

Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 05-08-2008 at 07:27.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

When will people learn to use a Radeon!? *kneels down on the ground and whelps*
    There can't be that much of a big gap in performance when comparing a Radeon to an Nvidia, could there?
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    There can't be that much of a big gap in performance when comparing a Radeon to an Nvidia, could there?
    But overall there is. And Radeons can cause other problems anyway.
    Last edited by Husar; 05-08-2008 at 09:51.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

"so, sadly the ability to play all of M:TW is not at current possible"

Please do clarify- currently I get a CTD on end turn.

Of course not, and furthermore it's a great feeling when your ATI radeon 9800 128mb pro decides to go taking your motherboard with it.

My prevoius configuration:

Athlon XP 2400
    ATI Radeon 9800 pro
    1.256 GB SD DDR Ram.
    In the three years of war, necessity gave birth to invention. During those three years, we built bombs, we built rockets, we designed and built our own delivery systems. For three years, blockaded without hope of imports, we maintained engines, machines, and technical equipment. We spoke to the world through a telecommunications system engineered by local ingenuity. In three years of freedom, we had broken the technological barrier. In three years, we became the most civilized, the most technologically advanced black people on earth."

Post Re: Is this config suitable for MTW-VI

Quote Originally Posted by amritochates
    Please do clarify- currently I get a CTD on end turn.
    Occasionally some cards do allow the playing of historical/custom battles with no/few problems, but not playing on the campaign map. Other cards cause serious problems with both - it varies.

Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 05-08-2008 at 21:05.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

For what it's worth, amritochates, my rig is very similar to your new one and can run MTW/VI just fine. The main difference is my graphics card, which is an XFX GeForce 7600GT 256MB (128-bit). Don't know if you've got XFX cards available where you're at, but it might be worth checking out if you do.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

For what it's worth, amritochates, my rig is very similar to your new one and can run MTW/VI just fine. The main difference is my graphics card, which is an XFX GeForce 7600GT 256MB (128-bit).

For what's it worth, that is the card I had originally decided upon,but at the store they told me since my motherboard already had an inbuilt 256 mb nvidia card, buying it made no sense. Additionally the price diffrence between the 7600GT and my 8400GT was just 25$ , so it seemed the better deal at the moment.

Clan Takiyama Senior Member CBR's Avatar

Hm maybe use the onboard for MTW heh

CBR