Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8485455565758
Results 1,711 to 1,722 of 1722

Thread: OOC Thread and Chatroom

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

Default Re: OOC Thread and Chatroom

If I ever, ever, ever, ever become Megas in this game, I'm going to employ a hat full of lawyers and have them guard my inbox 24 hours a day.

I'm sure there are some people who are going to disagree on this...but, I think the time spent on this topic OOC is becoming disproportional to what has occurred. TC has made his summary comment, Igno has made his. Everyone has made their position clear.

I'd like to propose moving on.

If anyone wishes to continue discussions then in the interest of amusement please do it here in the OOC with TC so I can watch.

I think we'd all learn a thing or two on formulating positions and legal process

Tiberius/Fred/Mark/Isaak Member flyd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AussieGiant View Post
    If I ever, ever, ever, ever become Megas in this game, I'm going to employ a hat full of lawyers and have them guard my inbox 24 hours a day.
    I think I'm gonna start an I'm a Participant in LotR without a Legal Background (IaPiLwaLB) support group. "Politics and history" majors will only be accepted as associate members, since that's still sort of related, as far as I see it. Having heard of "malice aforethought" before is grounds for immediate disqualification, regardless of educational background.
    Last edited by flyd; 07-31-2008 at 08:09.
    Βασιλεοπατωρ Ισαακιος Κομνηνος
    Basileopator Isaakios Komnenos

(Save Elberhard)

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Maybe, just maybe, it's better if we first send a friendly pm to the Megas in charge if we think we noticed a mistake, something like:

"Hi there, When I examined the save, I noticed that army XX needs extra units. It's the army of YY and according to rule ZZ it should be prioritsed. Thanks in advance. Btw, I do realise that being Megas is alot of work and I really appreciate your efforts, so I'm not annoyed at all. This is just a friendly reminder. Thnx in advance and keep up the good work Cheers. P.S.: Naughty boy P.P.S.: "

If such a pm would be ignored, the next step should be contacting TC in private.

Of course, the culprits' pm box should be empty in order to follow that course of action

But then again, maybe you should just ignore me, since I'm one of those guys who doesn't qualify to join the IaPiLwaLB support group

Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

Andres,

That is certainly what I hope is the future of this game. I'm totally sure I would miss things. There would be a standing order to contact me in the event of issues.

I received an email from Askthepizzaguy:

Because of computer complications, I must delay the launch of the Simpsons Mafia game. Couldn't start yet anyways.

Also, must drop out of Soviet Mafia game for the same reason. Please let everyone know I am sorry. Sorry everyone!!!
    Guess he won't be around for LoTR either.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, it's better if we first send a friendly pm to the Megas in charge if we think we noticed a mistake, something like:

"Hi there, When I examined the save, I noticed that army XX needs extra units. It's the army of YY and according to rule ZZ it should be prioritsed. Thanks in advance. Btw, I do realise that being Megas is alot of work and I really appreciate your efforts, so I'm not annoyed at all. This is just a friendly reminder. Thnx in advance and keep up the good work Cheers. P.S.: Naughty boy P.P.S.: "

If such a pm would be ignored, the next step should be contacting TC in private.

Of course, the culprits' pm box should be empty in order to follow that course of action
    This is an excellent idea. I would like to start implementing this for OOC problems with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramses II CP View Post
    So tomorrow I'm going to sail to the nearest landmass, recruit all available mercenaries, and hop back aboard ship. I'm not hurting anyone and it's my first time breaking the rules, so I think I can expect a free pass.

I didn't get a free pass when I first broke a law...

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

You didn't break a law, your character did, and obviously I wouldn't get a pass on the rules either; I was speaking sarcastically to emphasize the deliberate and harmful nature of the act which did get a pass.

Guys, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignoramus View Post
    I'd like to clear up a misunderstanding her.

I never knew that armies and construction were tied together. I thought that prioritised buildings had to be built before any other construction, so I built the Wooden Castle at Aleppo. I didn't seee the rule that you had to recruit for royal and private armies before prioritised buildings.

I really am sorry for breaking the "unbreakble" rules, because I know that they're an essential part of the game. I'll fix up the problems as soon as I can, with apologies to those affected. I never intentionally broke the OOC rules.

Also, please don't get too harsh on me. FLYdude as Megas hadn't strengthened my royal army to the minimum legal OOC requirement, and he voted for me, so it shows how confusing the Megas' job can be somethimes.

Once again, sorry, specifically to PK and the Order.
    Ignoramus said that he did not break the rule on purpose and he also apologised.

He got a slap on the wrist from TC and I think he understands by now how angry you all are/were. I'm sure this won't happen again.

Don't forget: we're all human and we all make mistakes.

Can't we just let it rest and move on, please?

If you keep continuing your mantra, you'll eventually ruin the game for some of us and that would be terrible, considering the effort and the amount of time TinCow is putting in this.

Let's concentrate on the fun, please.
    Last edited by Andres; 07-31-2008 at 13:30.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Strator Efthymios ek Herakliou Member Dafuge's Avatar

I agree to just move this into the past OOC, but in IC it should obviously carry on untill deemed necersarry.
    Strator Efthymios ek Herakliou
    Strator and Legate of the House Ilios Korakas

Makedonios Ksanthopoulos Member Privateerkev's Avatar

I am convinced that Ig tried to find a loophole in the rules rather than actually break the rules. But, in the course of trying to find a loophole, he did actually break a rule on accident.

In light of this, I think the OOC response from TC is wholly appropriate in proportion to what happened OOC.

IC however, the Caesar tried to find a loophole to deny the Order a legally mandated army.

So, to me, this seems to now belongs solely in the IC world. And there is plenty to !@#$ about IC on this issue.

But OOC, to me, this issue is settled.

And Andres's suggestion to send a friendly OOC PM is a good idea and will stop many problems before they start. But Ig was on purpose trying to find a way out of fulfilling a Constitutional mandate so in that case, a "friendly reminder" might not have had the appropriate immediate effect. Him and I had talked about the army IC and OOC before this happened so he knew he had to make it. But his character really didn't want to so he tried to find a way out of it.

But he did try to do it legally. (He failed of course but it's the thought that counts.)

When I get home, I'll check the save. If I see the units are being recruited, then to me, the issue is over OOC. (IC however is different... )
    Last edited by Privateerkev; 07-31-2008 at 14:41.

Knight of the Order of St. John
    Duke of Nicosia

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    in the Magnaura
    "Welcome, Senator Nikiphoros Manouelitis! Fresh blood is always good for the senate."
    Reading this I can't help but picture Kantakouzinos with a pair of fangs and a black cape...

Maybe he remained too long in Transylvania...

Last edited by _Tristan_; 07-31-2008 at 14:51.
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8485455565758