Thread: Custom Battles

Unhappy Custom Battles

I'm sure this has been said before, but I am really getting pissed off with this. On the Custom Battle trop select screen for the Romani, the only troops i can get are Auxilia, no Original Roman troops. Does anyone know what the problem is? I'm using version 1.1 so I don't think that's a problem.

Lightbulb Re: Custom Battles

I can understand your frustration, but don't be so rude. There's two options to play 1.1 EB, singleplayer and multiplayer. Click the multiplayer one, and once at the main menu, you can play the custom battles from there.

EDIT: You should read the FAQ or search the forums before posting a common question like this.
    Last edited by Megas Methuselah; 06-07-2008 at 00:35.

Default Re: Custom Battles

And if you don't happen to have those shortcuts: install the EB trivial script.

The price you pay for bringing so many units to the table is your units rosters can hardly ever look 'right'.

Someone on EB has been so kind as to make sure two versions of the EDU file exist: one with the full richness of the Grand Campaign (SP) and the other geared towards custom battles (MP). And someone else (LorDBula) made this nifty tool called EB Trivial Script which enables you to quickly change between SP & MP, and/or adjust settings (Configuration) in the process...

You may now thank them.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

I'm sorry about being rude, it's just it got me frustrated, and apart from that the advice hasn't solved my problem lol. My problem is that I cant see Roman troops in the troop selection screen for custom battles. I dont have a problem with getting there or playing battles. And what makes it annoying is that when you select random army, there are Roman troops (e.g. First Cohort)

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

That's because you're loading up the game with the wrong script, assuming you're using one. If you're not using the TrivialScript, then you'll have to read the FAQ to get an alternative method of running custom battles with the normal rosters.

Or to make it simpler, if you don't have the right roster available, you're loading the game up wrong. That's the problem.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; 06-07-2008 at 13:06.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR