Thread: A few issues with modding, help appreciated

Default A few issues with modding, help appreciated

Hey

For those that have been following my problems, here is another to the long list.

Added a new faction to my game,working perfectly, game loads fine, campaign loads fine, can build all units fine etc.

Normal battles work well, no crashes, however, whenever I attempt a seige battle(or a battle where a castle/city appears on the battle map) the came ctd with an unspecified error.

Im sure this is to do with the castle/city models as it makes no difference wether or not I have battering rams or ladders etc to whether or not the battle crashes. And since normal battles work fine, its not a battle_models error. System log just says its an unspecified error.

Can anyone give me any help for this issue.

I also have a couple of skinning issues.

For the strat map flag for my new faction, i Placed their CoA in the lower right corner of symbols 7, aka number 27, put this into descr_sm_factions. However, on the strat map, the flag just has a square of darker coulour where the CoA should be, and depending on the position, this square turns grey. Anyone know what the issue could be with that?

Also I have been reskining all the units in the faction, so they have red instead of blue, however, on the battle map, when I zoom out they al turn blue again, when I am zoomed far enough away.

How do I change this so they look red, edit the sprite files?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Default Re: A few issues with modding, help appreciated

The first problem I cant help with, sorry.

The problem with the collor is that you have not made the sprites for your new faction yet. When the zoom is too far away from a unit they are diplayed as sprites instead of the complex 3-d models in order to conserve computer resources. I know the game has a sprite generator, but I'm not familiar with how it works, look around for how to make sprites and you should find your answer easy enough.