Thread: "Tale of a Makedonia Spartan" Makedonia AAR

Default "Tale of a Makedonia Spartan" Makedonia AAR

Intro

Hello everyone just call me cheez, this is my first AAR. I decided to do this because everyone makes these epic mods and creates awesome AAR’s that I really enjoy playing and reading so I feel that I never give back. I decided to give back by creating an AAR on Makedonia that by no means is meant to be historically accurate. This will not be your traditional AAR (boy haven’t I heard that before) because most of it is very fiction based on a back-story I created to keep me entertained through my EB campaign. I was given the idea by friends of an elite league of Makedonia Spartans, that rule the huge empire I created and rules to be followed for the Makedonia Spartans. Every family member possible in my game, which is on Hard/Hard EB 1.1RTW.exe, is a Makedonia Spartan and completed the Spartan Agoge. The story I believe is amazing as long as you use your imagination.

The first post is quite big I am sorry about that but the back-story of the Makedonia Spartan league must be explained in detail. The first post only consists of the back-story and the remaining post will be the talk of a Makedonia Spartan.

Background

The year is 229 BC spring and Makedonia has expanded further then ever before, Megas Alexandros himself would be in awe of modern Makedonia’s achievements. Makedonia generals have expanded the kingdom to conquering and re-establishing the once great king Alexandros empire once gained by destroying first Ptolemaioi in 249 BC and then the Arche Seleukeia in 235 BC.

The new kingdom has expanded conquering further north gaining territories from the proud Getai, conquering all of Sicily and driving the Romani off the Italian peninsula. Makedonia has even gained new land upon the shores of biQarthadast capturing its great city of Kart-Hadast.

The fall of the previous great Makedonia Empire forged by Megas Alexandros, as we all know was divided upon his death. The Empire fell because of its only weakness; the lands were conquered under one man and upon his death not one successor could assume control. The new Makedonia kingdom leaders feared of another event in other words repeating history, this lead to Makedonia leaders to make a decision that will shape the kingdom to the core. Instead of Makedonia ruled by one king an elite league of Makedonia generals known as “Macedonia Spartans” will rule it.

The decision was made out of importance as civil war again was on the verge of returning in 261 BC when three brothers all rightfully worthy, wished to be king. At this time in history Makedonia destroyed the Konion Hellenon preparing to advance east.

The first most deserving brother was Kalos Argeades; he was the first to spread the armies to the east conquering all lands from Pergamon to Antiochiea. Kalos later in history was directed to head south eventually destroying Ptolemaioi single-handily in 249 BC. At the time in 261 BC Kalos was extremely aware of the situation of another possible civil war except a kingdom the size of Alexandros was not at stake but a much smaller one meaning Makedonia if driven into another civil war will never last.

The second brother was Krateros Argeades, was not as well known to the people of Makedonia for he was the governor of all the great Greece cities.Krateros worked behind the scenes traveling to a new Greek city every year and a half to improving its economy through trade and using his great knowledge of saving on building costs to help fund the campaign east. Krateros efforts were extremely important for Makedonia even through he never once embarked on a campaign, commanded an army or fought in a battle.

The third and final brother and self proclaimed ruler of Makedonia was Antigonos Argeades. Antigonos was a proud man and known for defeating the northern hordes which threatened Makedonia. Antigonos even defended Pella and conquered Eperios, But upon Makedonia’s expansion into the east Antigonos was beginning to feel his age. Antigonos falling extremely ill foring Antigonos to retire and return to Pella becoming governor of the empires capital gaining praise from the empires people. Antigonos due to his illness became mad with power as he wished to become king and make his mark on history not fearing of a civil war between the three brothers upon there fathers death in 261 BC.

Upon Antigonos falling ill and the death of the brothers father, the three potential next kings returned to Pella to come to a decision of the next ruler. The three brothers met in a chamber underground near the Makedonian Royal Tombs. The brothers referred to the chamber as the “Cave of Valor” where the three played when growing up dreaming of once ruling a great kingdom one day. The chambers are where the greatest decision made by one another would shape the Makedonia Empire to what it is today in 229 BC.

(We start with Kalos arriving to the meeting place)

Upon arriving within the “Cave of Valor” entrance a musty smell lingered, which was not surprising to Kalos since he has not been here nor Pella in 10 years due to his campaign to the east. Kalos arrived in the chamber to a concerned looking Kratores and extremely ill Antigonos knowing here Makedonia’s fate lies in these three brothers hands.

Kalos greets the three brothers around the fountain located inside the small cave, which is the main feature as sunlight pours upon the water creating a glistening aura all along the rough chambers walls. The fountain to the brothers meant their fate as they all wish to have their ashes dispensed into the fountain after their deaths as the brothers believes the fountain could never die making them immortals in a sense. Now after hours of rambling and arguing of territories, threats of war, and near backstabbing, Kalos thinks of an idea. Kalos recognized himself and his brother’s were successful in there own right and the one thing they all have in common been they completed the Spartan Agoge when Makedonia and the Konion Hellenon were allied. Kalos proposed a league, a union, and an almighty elite legion to rule over Makedonia. After Kalos babbled for what seemed hours to Krateros and Antigonos, explaining the way an elite Makedonia Spartan league would work Kratores was completely convinced but Antigonos was disgusted by the idea “One Makedonia, One King” he screamed then coughed visouly spitting up blood. Antigonos stumpled out of the cave Acknowledging he was the most beloved by the people so he should be ruler. Kalos and Krateros knew Antigonos was right so the following year Antigonos became ruler and talk of civil war began to spread.

By the gods Antigonos mad ways stopped upon his death in 259 BC exactly one year after the meeting in the Cave of Valor and Kalos was giving control of the Empire. Kalos then established the Makedonia Spartans. With Krateros help one man no longer ruled Makedonia. Truly elite leagues of men know as the “Makedonia Spartans” assumed control of all major decisions for Makedonia. The first league consisted of only 4 generals with a leader of the Makedonia Spartans know as the high elder. The high elder was unable to make kingdom decisions simply ruled over the Spartan Agoge as Kalos was the first High Elder.

Spartan Agoge was only conducted for the most promising of candidates, for these young teenagers will be future rulers of the kingdom. The elder Makedonia Spartans met within the Cave of Valor once every year, the same time it took for Antigonos to die after first mentioning of the Makedonia Spartan league. The meetings determines which candidates are worthy of the Makedonia Spartan training.

Every candidate selected must do a 6-year Agoge consisting of two years of the traditional survival drills ran back when Sparte was it’s own city-state. Then two years of service in the ranks of a phalanx unit with daily battles against slaves promised freedom upon the death of the Spartan candidate in other words a fight to the death. Finally two years under the wing of a former Makedonia Spartan. During the 6-years of Agoge you are selected for which blood path to take all resembling the first Makedonia Spartans. You can take “The path of Kratores” or govern which you are attuned to rule a land to benefit the Kingdom. “The path of Antigonos” or Conquering Hero, which is one of the more vocal Makedonia Spartans and typically the elders that make decisions for the good of the kingdom and men used to stop rebellions. Finally “The path of Kalos” or General, which are the army’s leaders and campaigners into new territories for expanding the great Makedonia kingdom

Upon completion every Makedonia Spartan was giving a task according to they’re chosen paths such as conquer the north, destroy a faction or govern cities within certain territories. Every Makedonia Spartan was giving an elite army consisting of one lesser non-Makedonia Spartan general or a young Makedonia Spartan candidate still in the third stage of the Agoge, two additional Hetairoi (Companion Cavalry) units for cavalry power. 8 Argyaspides (Elite Phalanx) units, 2 Peltastai Makedonikoi (Elite Peltastai) units, 2 Hypaspistai (Royal Guard) units, 2 Cretan Archer units, and finally any 2 units chosen by the newly graduated Makedonia Spartan in which he sees fit to command.

The young Makedonia Spartan will Campaign with this army and carry out the task assigned to him. At the age of 59 (Antigonos age of death) the Makedonia Spartan and his remaining units may return to Pella to be retired and referred to as elders teaching new Makedonia Spartan candidates in the Agoge. An ever-longing circle revolved around the idea of a Makedonia Spartan league ruling the great Makedonia Empire forged by Makedonia Spartans.

Failure of a Makedonia Spartan throughout anytime in his life means treason and exiled from the kingdom for you are not worthy to stand of Makedonia ground no more. The Makedonia league also has given the empire bad traits as instead of conquering in Alexandros views to spread civilization Makedonia now conquers for what seems to be pure pleasure and the kingdom forged by steel alone.

Now you know the Makedonia Spartan background and rules within the league. These Makedonia Spartans go through a tough Agoge but are given everything to succeed and judging on their chosen paths help expand the borders of the kingdom

This was just an intro to the AAR, which will follow a tale of one Makedonia Spartan by the name of Rumetalkos Pheraios. I hope to complete three one for every path. Rumetalkos has just graduated and takes the command of one of the most veteran armies assembled. Rumetalkos has chosen “The path of Kalos” to command but he begins to question the Spartan Agoge and its meaning. Will Rumetalkos be able to fulfill his duty given to him by the elders or fail and become exiled from his kingdom?

Check back soon for the first chapter
    Last edited by ibleedgrenchese; 07-09-2008 at 19:15.
    you may only live once

Just stop with the speech's and just fight

Check out my Makedonia Spartan AAR "Tale of a Makedonia Spartan"

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Default Re: "Tale of a Makedonia Spartan" Makedonia AAR

Wow. Post- Victory conditions AAR FTW! That empire is one that would rival MAA's, and it looks like you built it in half the time! This looks like it'll be an interesting AAR.

And welcome to the Org, Cheese.
    Last edited by Chaotix; 07-09-2008 at 02:32.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Thank you for the warm welcome.

and yes this AAR will be interesting and great i'll make sure of that
    you may only live once

Default Chapter 1 "My name is Rumetalkos Pheraios"

"Tale of a Makedonia Spartan"

Chapter 1 "My name is Rumetalkos Pheraios"

My name is Rumetalkos Pheraios, a young ambitious recent graduate from the Spartan Agoge making me one of the few in the Makedonia Spartan league. Us the “Makedonia Spartans” are the greatest generals the Makedonia Empire has to offer. We become the best through 6-years of difficult training, during which we decide one of three paths, I have chosen “The path of Kalos”. My skills as of now excel in management but command is what I must do. For reasons I just don’t fully understand yet but I imagine, I will taught the hard in this case.

The Spartan Agoge, it is what it is, broken down into three parts. The first is old-fashion Spartan life hood made to teach us how to survivor by stealing, killing and attempting never to get caught in the action. I was caught three times, the most out of me fellow students, meaning I was beaten to the brink of death on three separate occasions. Lets just say I learned to deal with pain more then survival. The second stage was serving in a Phalanx army, which I did under my father Agis Pheraios.

My father also was a Makedonia Spartan but he had taken “The path of Krateros” becoming an appraised governor of Byzantion, upon capturing the city and several surrounding cities. As I served within my father’s army, I saw much war as we continually defended the city from rebellion and the Getai. Agis was always a stern and proud leader never needing luxuries, living a simple life.

After the two years served in the Phalanx I was moved to garner my Hetairoi and serve under Fellow Makedonia Spartan Melanippos Argeades a direct descendant of Kalos. Melanippos was a very charismatic man. He commanded an elite army conquering all of the Italian-peninsula single-handily with his army. I was in charge of the left flank, which Melanippos regarded the most important position in war. I was in awe of Melanippos command ability as we ran over town after town. When I turned 20 and was called back to Sparte for my graduation. The entire yearlong trip sailing back to Sparte I praise Melanippos hoping I was even half the general he was.

The day of my 21st birthday I arrived at Sparte with all my now fellow young Makedonia Spartans. All night the wine flowed and celebration was evident as our laughter and fun could be heard throughout the streets. The next morning we all awoke groggy from the night before to a older man in a black cloak concealing his face. We all knew it was the “High Elder” champion of the Makedonia Spartans but he was never seen in public to hide his identity for fear of assassination. The man in the black cloak simply said “Come, follow me brave young soldiers of gods” in a very familiar voice so we did for next 30 days back to Pella to a very dark musty smelling cave completely hidden behind the royal Makedonia tombs. All 6 of the newly graduated students stood outside the Cave entering one by one given the task or duty endowed to each one of us as a Makedonia Spartan, which I was last to go. I entered the cave amazed at the light skipping across the wall and bouncing off the fountains water. Behind the fountain lined 7 older men with the mysterious man we followed above them all stood on the far side of the cave. As I came closer all the men unveiled there cloaks turning out to be the Makedonia Spartans we read of in our readings. The “High Elder” of all people turns out to be my father I was in complete shock. He however did not greet me like a son but an unproven Makedonia Spartan.

I was given the task of first traveling north finally putting an end to the Getai and then move east as far as possible to eventual unite rebellious lands destroy the Sauromatae. I was told of an elite army will be waiting for me outside of Pella. When I walked out of the cave I realized that it was the “Cave of Valor”.

My massive elite army on the banks of Pella greeted me. It consisted of 8 elite phalanx units, 2 Hetairoi heavy cavalry, 2 Peltastai Makedonikoi Elite Peltastai units, 2 Hypaspistai Royal Guard units, and 2 Cretan Archer units. I choose an additional Hetairoi, Peltastai Makedonikoi unit to combatant the horse archer to the northeast. Finally for my lesser general I choose my fathers most trusted companion Hermoitas.

He was formally a Celtic slave that served in my father’s army in a Celtae Vollorix unit. He was a proud man only asking of one thing his son serves with me one day. I knew he would make a great lesser general as he did for my father.

Now enough of this babbling I gathered my army and headed for Getai’s capital of Lucarottea, which was one marching season away.

As my armies lay siege to Getai’s capital, my army and I knew if we were to capture Getai’s capital it’s single remaining city of Gawjam~Bastarnoz would fall to rebellion and then the vast gold of the Makedonia kingdom will prove to much and bribery will give us the city and rid the Getai once and for all.

By the year 228 my army was ready for action having the Getai capital under siege, but the Getai flank my siege post and attacked from the rear outnumbering my army.

I positioned my army on top the highest point possible clear of the forest, as my phalanx army would be a disadvantage if positioned in the forest. The Getai cleverly attacked from both sides but I was ready for with all my assault troops attacking for the front my cavalry circled the flanking army killing the faction leader.

My Silver shield phalanx held the front strong with spears ready for action.

After the death of the faction leader moral broke and my Hetairoi ran down the stragglers. Upon killing the faction leader in the Getai last stand, I knew the Getai days were numbered as the siege of Lucarottea continued

After an entire year of siege and the defeat of Getai’s last stand we invaded Lucarottea.

My armies entered the walls as my Spartan side showed it’s ugly face as I gave my army an ultimatum. “If we destroy the Getai warriors you destroy there women”, moral was higher then ever and by nightfall the Getai capital was capture putting an end to the faction and yet another threat to the north.

I marched the army back to Pella for relaxation and retraining as few men were lost but my main journey further northeast to rid of the Sauromatae from Makedonia. I felt the new Makedonia provinces under the care and supervision of hired local mercenaries in a sense of giving back the land to the people.

Upon arriving back to Pella the elders seemed please but stressed the importance of destroying Sauromatae for they to the east is our only real threat besides our own ally Saka Rauke. Now I sit and wait for my naval fleet to be ready and have my army sail off to carry out my lifelong duty.

New updates soon and as always questions, comments and concerns are not just welcomed are love so reply me peace.

Stay tuned for chapter 2

“Sauromatae the first encounter”
    you may only live once

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Default Re: Chapter 1 "My name is Rumetalkos Pheraios"

Cool AAR man, keep it up!
    ~Maion

Default Re: Chapter 1 "My name is Rumetalkos Pheraios"

Quote Originally Posted by Maion Maroneios View Post
    Cool AAR man, keep it up!
    Thank you chapter 2 is coming in a couple of days.

I really welcome all comments it helps alot in keeping the AAR going
    you may only live once

normal unit size?
    i would really had like u to put the units on huge or large but w.e itll do
    very intersting AAR so far
    keep up da good work!!
    remember, when u chase horse archers with calvalry
    click way pass them and when they get close enough then cick on them
    AND SWITCH TO SWORDS remember that ;)
    Epic Balloon for my Roma ->

Sorry about the unit size i was not planning on doing a AAR. if you could I started it 30 to 35 years already into the campaign. I will do another mini AAR on the Casse Conquering it's islands it's on huge but won't nearly be as epic and cool as this one.

Plus horse archers will feel the phalanx as they need to get around me to hurt and my cav and assualt troops ain't gonna let that happen

Again thank you for the encouragement it really helps the writers and me.
    Last edited by ibleedgrenchese; 07-11-2008 at 15:53.
    you may only live once

“Tale of a Makedonia Spartan”

Chapter 2 “A tragic loss and beginning of a war”

My name is Rumetalkos Pheraios; I arrived in Pella in 227 from my campaigning to the north destroying the proud barbaric tribe the Getai. My main duty given to me by the Makedonia Spartan League was to eliminate the Sauromatae to the northeast. I wished however to give my army rest and retraining before our extremely long campaign against the Sauromatae.

Two days after my arrival in Pella I received horrific news from my mentor Melanippos, he said “Rumetalkos your father has passed away with suspicion that he was assassinated”. I began to feel this rage within me I started to uncontrollably swing my arms widely striking Melanippos, then I unleashed my sword and slash at his guards until thank fully a royal guard knocked me out with his shield hitting me in the head.

I awoke in my bedroom surrounded by my friends, fellow Makedonia Spartans, my fathers’ advisors and Melanippos with a bandage around his head.

Rumetalkos: “Melanippos mentor my actions were not like a Makedonia Spartan, I deserve punishment”.
    Melanippos: “do not worry my Rumetalkos you have tasted your Spartan rage for the first time it is difficult to control the royal guards simply applied so much force to protect the new High Elder”, “the Makedonia Spartans Elders met to vote and I was chosen to become the new “HighElder”
    Rumetalkos: “Congratulations, Melanippos now who is the treacherous murderer of my father and will soon see my blade hack him limb by limb”
    Melanippos: “We believe it to be Leon Byzantios, He was serving in your fathers army as you did when duringthe second stage of the Spartan agoge, your father was killed at night, Leon Byzantios was no-where to be found the next morning but a bloody blade was hidden in his room.” “We do know from one of our spies Leon has ran off to the far northeast to Gava-Alanna a Sauromatae settlement. We believe he was bribed by Sauromatae to kill the HighElder our father in turn to be protected and since you were given the duty to destroy the faction Sauromatae retaliated by killing your father.”

Rumetalkos elevated from his bed storming out of the room upon passing Melanippos at the doorway he whispered “Death will come” to the new HighElder as he command Hermoitas his lesser general to assemble his army at the port of Pella and prepare embarking to Sauromatae.

So on the day of Pella’s remembrance of Agis Pheraios and celebration for Melanippos, Rumetalkos boarded the ship and set sail for Sauromatae through the Byzantion gateway. With no assistance from Makedonia Rumetalkos Pheraios set to conqueror all of Sauromatae to its furthest settlement Gava-Alanna where murder of his father cowers from his fate of death by the hands of his victims son.

Rumetalkos orders the sailing fleet to port in Byzantion. Even though Pella was the capital Agis Pheraios tomb was located in Byzantion.

Rumetalkos starred upon his fathers tomb saddened by his absence during his father’s death. The young commander wished he could have heard his fathers dying words. But as Rumetalkos thought of the treacherous ways of Leon Byzantios his anger began to boil thinking of exterminating the Sauromatae populous in a path of destruction to kill one man was fully worth it. Out of the corner of Rumetalkos eye he spots Hermoitas his lesser general he says “Rumetalkos are you sure you wish to go on so soon I am sure the army will understand if you decide to embark at a later time”. Rumetalkos replied, “ No Hermoitas we go now and as I said before, Death will come

The sailing fleet once again hit the seas passng through the great Golden Horn.

The fleet hit land in Olbia declaring war in 226 and lay siege to Olbia. Olbia was a breeze as small armies garrisoned the large town we destroyed the walls capture the settlement and made our first mark in Sauromatae lands.

We moved on to the Bosporion peninsula and captured Chersonesos a rebel settlement and moved on to Pantikapaion a minor Sauromatae city. Again we laid siege and enslaved the remaining population, as Rumetalkos promised to do so till he reaches Leon Byzantios. Rumetalkos began to think is there any real challenge in Sauromatae. Rumetalkos has now moved to Gelonus.

Before Rumetalkos continued his advance he decided to adapt a second army with full mobility as he recognized the long travels between settlements. Rumetalkos hired mercenaries and recruited an entire army of Horse archer cavalry commanded by a lesser general from his Hetairoi unit.

It was an genious plan having the mobility of a second army completely of horseman could siege a city and prepare for the arrival of Rumetalkos Army. The Makedonia Spartans however did not permit this action as they shamed generals from using full mercenary armies due to a pride factor as a Makedonia Spartan was given a elite army should not need such a support from mercs. Rumetalkos however did not care he saw it fit for the quickest way possible of reaching his fathers murder.

Kephalon horse army was sent east as Rumetalkos laid siege on Gelonus but a siege was not required as no walls were present. Rumetalkos laughed and advanced the army.

The phalanx was ordered to move forward and break into 2 to widen the advance and possibly gain a flanking advantage. The arrows began to fly but the phalanx from was un-phased by arrows. The cavalry was ordered to the left for support.

The enemy charged at the phalanx and met outside the city. The phalanx barrels over the weak Slavic infantry and continues its advance to Gelonus capturing the settlement.

Now Rumetalkos has taken the western part of the Sauromatae lands and successfully made a statement to the Sauromatae as he enslaved every settlement he captured from the enemy faction.

Rumetalkos was in for surprise though as he moved further east to Tannis, Sauromatae believed capital but an army of Haydasan protected the boarded. Rumtalkos haulted his army looked in a surprised manner and waged war upon another faction the hayasdan.

Check back soon for Chapter 3
    you may only live once

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Nice job, keep it up.

Are you aiming to conquer the whole world?
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

eventually yes if enough people like this AAR enough i'll do a couple more revolving around young new Spartan graduates given missions to conqueror new territories. But this story has a really good twist coming up as i am almost done with chapter 3 gameplay all i have to do is write it which takes like 2-3 hours but i got some free time on my hands.

Sorry about the rabbling the answer is yes
    you may only live once

Ah very cool AAR. One of your screenshots looks like a cave in LOTRO. I played that game for a bit. Anyway I like how its not starting in 272 BC. Kind of like the Roman AAR by "The Lord". Anywayz keep it up and I will be following :)

Quote Originally Posted by Chirurgeon View Post
    Ah very cool AAR. One of your screenshots looks like a cave in LOTRO. I played that game for a bit. Anyway I like how its not starting in 272 BC. Kind of like the Roman AAR by "The Lord". Anywayz keep it up and I will be following :)
    Thank you Chirurgeon it's good to hear from yourself on how you like the AAR i should have the next chapter up by tomorrow.
    you may only live once

My name is Rumetalkos Pheraios, I have now been campaigning for 3 years in Sauromatae. My armies are undefeated as we move closer and closer to Gava-Alanna, the final settlement of the Sauromatae and the garrison of my father’s murderer Leon Byzantios. I have ravaged this land enslaving its populous through my severe Spartan anger and revenge driven ways. I also have noticed I become a brute, killing so many in my conquest for one man. This warpath I have undertaken has brought death to so many innocent people but I will not stop. I am sure the people under the dragon banner of the Sauromatae know I am coming, I Rumetalkos Pheraios must be demon in there eyes my name is likely used to scare children to sleep, but I am sure the people know I do what must be done because “One man cannot suffer for a murder of an Pheraios, a whole faction must die”.

Chapter 3 “I stare at the gates of confrontation and the terrible truth”

Rumetalkos Pheraios armies have come across the mountain kingdom of Hayasdan. A Makedonia Spartan Alkys lesbios pushed the Hai to Tanais back in 245 but Alkys failed to accomplish his duty given to him by the Makedonia Spartan league of destroying the Hai, so Alkys was exiled and peace restored between Makedonia and Hayasdan till now. Rumetalkos now sees himself as the man who must finish the job for Tanais holds a large population of Sauromatae. So Rumetalkos waged war on the weak, pathetic and poor Hayasdan.

The Hai raised every last member of its depleted military might and met Rumetalkos army on to separate fronts. Rumetalkos however has experience in this formation from his great battle against the Getai’s last stand.

Rumetalkos Phalanx stood ready and discipline as always as cavalry attacked from behind and infantry charged forward in the front.

Once again Rumetalkos became victorious chasing and killing the remaining family members of the Hayasdan eventually capturing the former capital to Sauromatae and destroying the final remains of the Hai.

Rumetalkos and his second army moved closer and closer to their goal. Taking Gava-Roxsalanna and Gava-Aursa just a couple of months later. Continuing his warpath and conquest of the Sauromatae people. Uspe was captured months later by Rumetalkos second army of horsemen and was also enslaved under Makedonia rule.

Rumetalkos then met his first large Sauromatae army devised of entirely horse and foot archers in the settlement of Gava-Yazyga. Yazyga contained a proud family member named Kanaxarthos. Rumetalkos armies could hear Kanaxarthos war cries from far outside the city walls, but the army has faced so many barbarians before the army was completely un-phased and marched forward ready to destroy.

The arrows flew but the phalanx was unarmed and reached the city streets quickly with no walls in the way of the phalanx again.

The horse and foot archers could not run and skirmish forever before being pinned in the streets by the phalanx and the heavy cavalry of Rumetalkos army.

The slaughter finally ended and another newly acquired settlement of Gava-Yazyga under Makedonia rule was enslaved as Rumetalkos became know as a destroyer and respectful brute.

Upon conquering all of these settlements Rumetalkos enslaved the people by destroying the nomadic ways the Sauromatae followed. Many uprisings happened but were quickly extinguished by the client rulers for the Sauromatae people began to realize the Makedonia way was for more stable then previous nomadic ways. The Makedonia way started to grow on the conquered Sauromatae slaves. So as Rumetalkos thought of himself as a destroyer of worlds without him knowing his conquered settlements began to praise Rumetalkos but word did not travel very fast and Rumetalkos continued his conquest and moved far north to Gava-Yugra. As previous settlements Rumetalkos marched through the streets capturing the city and enslaving the people once again.

Rumetalkos gave the army a break to re-supply his army for the final push to Gava-Alanna, which Rumetalkos knew, was only a few months march away. Rumetalkos retired to his quarters housing a bountiful selection of the most beatiful Sauromatae women slaves wearing Makedonia toga’s ready to please Rumetalkos the conquering hero.

Rumetakos then ordered all the women to leave his quarters and see to the other men in his army. As the room emptied Rumetalkos shut the doors and sighed thinking of his son Antandros and wife Kastianiera.

Rumetalkos missed his family very much so, to a point where he even contemplated ending this conquest, but his burning desire to avenge his father’s death and not knowing the truth to Leon Byzantios actions just kept Rumetalkos moving forward. Rumetalkos awoke the next morning to an extremely concerned and out of breath Hermoitas.

Hermoitas: “Rumetalkos you have awaken thank Zeus you must assemble the army “
    Rumetalkos: “Calm down Hermoitas what has happened”
    Hermoitas: “I have sent two scouts long ago to survey our advance to Gava-Alanna, this morning one scout rode back to the encampment holding the head of the other scout maintaining terrible news”
    Rumetalkos: (he was curious more then anything) “say this news now Hermoitas”
    Hermoitas: “Leon Byzantios marches a huge army out of Gava-Alanna to meet you before our army reaches Gava-Alanna. The remaining royal members of Sauromatae have commissioned a mercenary and regional army commanded by Leon”
    Rumetalkos: (Rumetalkos eyes widened and began to lose breath himself gaining tremendous respect for Leon knowing he was about to meet his fate) “This is a good news Hermoitas, inform the army tell everyone our journey of destruction will end soon and death will come to Leon

By midday Rumetalkos army was ready and marched out of Gava-Yugra for a month long march to meet Leon Byzantios his father’s murderer on the field of battle. The moral of Rumetalkos army was at its highest point ever knowing a clean victory against Leon army would mark the end of the Sauromatae and a long march back home will begin.

Rumetalkos mounted his horse and ordered the army forward knowing winter was soon to hit. The winter month was rough with blistering blizzards pounding the army he knew his armies moral and ambition would pull through and so it did.

Finally Rumetalkos can see Leon army Rumetalkos says to his armies “I stare at the gates of confrontation and the terrible truth”. “A Makedonia Spartan will die today and we will finally know the last words of my father and our High Elder Agis Pheraios, now arm your weapons as we do as and make sure that Death will Come.”

End of Chapter 3 stay tuned for

Chapter 4 “How blind was I from the real truth brave Leon Byzantios”

Parting (Parthian) shot = everyone thanks for reading I am having a good time writing this AAR it adds so much to my campaign with Makedonia. Just gotta say thanks to eb creators and everyone who supports mine and everyone elses AAR’s hope you are enjoying this one so far for the story is about to get very intriguing.
    you may only live once

ROFL!
    This space intentionally left blank.

Yo hax what does ROFL stand for
    you may only live once

Rolling on the Floor Laughing.
    This space intentionally left blank.

oooo ok when i first thought of it and put it on i thought i was getting get a boot for it but a ok now.

plus how is the faction swap coming along can't wait
    you may only live once