Thread: Problem starting game and other questions

Default Problem starting game and other questions

OK, well I was playing EB as Romani and I was fighting a battle against Koinon Hellenon. In the middle of the battle, it crashes to desktop. Even though I installed all of the fixes, it still happens every once in a blue baboon. No problemo, right? Just start the game back up like I always do. So I start it back up, and the screen goes black. I wait a bit and after like 5 minutes it closes and says
    "Rome Total War cannot find DirectX 9. RTW needs DirectX 9 to run. Please install it now."
    how strange... so I hit OK, and it just closes and nothing happens. So I try again, same results. Any help?

another question out of curiosity. Are the Getai supposed to be the Dacians ot Thracians?
    "An army of Sheep led by a Lion will always defeat an army of Lions led by a Sheep"
    -Arabic Military Maxim
    "War doesn't decide who is right, only who is left."
    "In order to test a man's strength of character, do not give him adversity, for any man can handle adversity, but instead give him POWER.
    -Abraham Lincoln
    "A man once asked me who my grandfather was. I told him I didn't know who he was, and didn't care. I cared more about who his grandson will be."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Default Re: Problem starting game and other questions

Sounds to me that you need to reboot.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

thanks. I did and it worked!
    "An army of Sheep led by a Lion will always defeat an army of Lions led by a Sheep"
    -Arabic Military Maxim
    "In order to test a man's strength of character, do not give him adversity, for any man can handle adversity, but instead give him POWER.
    -Abraham Lincoln
    "A man once asked me who my grandfather was. I told him I didn't know who he was, and didn't care. I cared more about who his grandson will be."
    -Abraham Lincoln

I have another question;

I just defeated the Koinon Hellenon, and earlier I destroyed Epiros, but the "Faction Destroyed" picture/movie does not work. Like the little email thing goes down and when I click on it the paragraph is there but the picture is just white. Any help?
    -Arabic Military Maxim
    -Abraham Lincoln
    -Abraham Lincoln

Sorry, I don't know about this one. Perhaps someone else has got past this problem earlier?

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Angry wtf?!?

Ok ive downloaded Eb and it installed fine, but when i click on the EB icon it launches RTW?
    Blessed be the lord that teacheth my hands to wa and my fingers to figh. Psalm:144

Edit EB shortcut and add " -mod:EB"

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

I had that problem with my vanilla RTW , it was solved by downloading the latest Windows media player , even if you already have it (as weird that might sound)
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

Barely a levy Member overweightninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ||Lz3|| View Post
    I had that problem with my vanilla RTW , it was solved by downloading the latest Windows media player , even if you already have it (as weird that might sound)
    I notice when I reinstall RTW it always asks me if I want to install "Windows Media Format 9". I also remember seeing threads about RTW having this problem when windows media player has been updated/rolled back (as Lz3 seems to have confirmed).
    So I suppose it's likely that it has something do with it?
    Last edited by overweightninja; 07-23-2008 at 00:33.

Well if noone has a solution then can I have pics/a link towhere i can see them?
    -Arabic Military Maxim
    -Abraham Lincoln
    -Abraham Lincoln

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

did you tried with the latest media player?

that was how I solved the exact same issue in vanilla rome
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

I will try that but I meant the pics for KH/Epiros.
    -Arabic Military Maxim
    -Abraham Lincoln
    -Abraham Lincoln

He's talking about your problem, Majd. Try his suggestion.

================
    ================

NO I am trying his suggestion but I really dont want to play the campaign over again and beat KH and Epiros so I can see the destroyed pics, I meant that I wll try his fix but I just want the pics of KH and Epiros defeat. Sorry for misunderstanding.
    -Arabic Military Maxim
    -Abraham Lincoln
    -Abraham Lincoln

Oh, I see. Don't you have a savegame from where they are about to be destroyed? I don't know where to find them actually.

================
    ================

they are in the fmv folder in eb/data/ iirc.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator