Thread: Problem with the download(or install)...

Exclamation Problem with the download(or install)...

Hello ,
    I recently re-downloaded this amazing mod and tried to install,but every time it says that something different is corrupt,one time its some Barbarian file and one time its the Roman battle theme song...
    I've re-downloaded the game for 3 times and it still won't work and say that some files are corrupt,I don't remember that this happened to me before as well.
    What can I do to solve this ?
    Alea iacta est(The die is cast)-Gaius Julius Caesar

Default Re: Problem with the download(or install)...

Quote Originally Posted by eliad91 View Post
    Hello ,
    I recently re-downloaded this amazing mod and tried to install,but every time it says that something different is corrupt,one time its some Barbarian file and one time its the Roman battle theme song...
    I've re-downloaded the game for 3 times and it still won't work and say that some files are corrupt,I don't remember that this happened to me before as well.
    I have no idea about why that is happening to you mate, try downloading again from different sources
    Last edited by Havok.; 07-21-2008 at 20:10.
    Ser mineiro é, antes de tudo, um estado de espírito.

El bien perdido

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwfhJy6JwPg
    A don Jose! Oriental en la vida e en la muerte tambien!

Quote Originally Posted by eliad91 View Post
    Hello ,
    Assuming you already ran the installer succesfully and only "discovered" theres errors at your attempt to "run the game"; you can start with the following easy steps:
    A) Read the Stickies in the BUGS & SUPPORT fora first. Check if according to the those threads "you have done it properly".
    B) If that yields no statisfying results:
    1) Create your own thread at the BUGS & SUPPORT fora, instead of these.
    2) Run a Validation. See the Validation Sticky for instructions & more.
    3) Post the results of the validation in that thread.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Do you download directly or do you use torrent?

If you use torrent, make sure you delete the torrent from the torrent list and also delete the EB1.1.exe which is corrupted so the program really loads again "from scratch".

Or try using a different torrent program which has an included MD5 check, granting your file is 100% fine. And if only a part is corrupt, these programs usually only redownload that corrupt part (I use utorrent mainly, as it's very small (290kb), very effective and comfortable, without being cluddered with crap no one needs.

Wargamer-Project - Kampagne IX

Barely a levy Member overweightninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Senshi View Post
    Or try using a different torrent program which has an included MD5 check, granting your file is 100% fine. And if only a part is corrupt, these programs usually only redownload that corrupt part (I use utorrent mainly, as it's very small (290kb), very effective and comfortable, without being cluddered with crap no one needs.
    Just to say here here for uTorrent, brilliant little program, I hate having to use Azureus (uTorrent crashes my pc for some unknown reason :|)

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios View Post
    Assuming you already ran the installer succesfully and only "discovered" theres errors at your attempt to "run the game"; you can start with the following easy steps:
    A) Read the Stickies in the BUGS & SUPPORT fora first. Check if according to the those threads "you have done it properly".
    B) If that yields no statisfying results:
    1) Create your own thread at the BUGS & SUPPORT fora, instead of these.
    2) Run a Validation. See the Validation Sticky for instructions & more.
    3) Post the results of the validation in that thread.
    Hmm,where can I download the Validation ? I did not found it in the sticky :X ?
    And I've downloaded from the FTP mirror.

I guess you haven't actually *read* that sticky then?

Hint: first paragraph.
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 07-22-2008 at 12:57.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Woops,my bad.

Got it working after deleted the stupid crack folder,
    can be locked now,thanks to all