Thread: Weird Recruitment in Sparte and Rhodos & Imazighen Army

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default Weird Recruitment in Sparte and Rhodos & Imazighen Army

Sorry if this topic has been brought up before, but there are two recruitment issues I'd like to share:

1. In Sparte, I can't recruit Hoplitai Haploi. Is that intended?

2. In Rhodos, I can't recruit Classical Hoplites. Is that intended?

Also, having fow off I spotted an Eleutheroi army in Nabatea, which said "Imazighen". I know that you funnily called the inhabitants of the Eremos Province Imazighen, so I worried if their could be something wrong. I know that central Arabia is part of Eremos. Was that army placed there by the EB team?

Thank you for your attention.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: Weird Recruitment in Sparte and Rhodos & Imazighen Army

Checking the Recruitment Viewer, that's intentional. No one can recruit levy hoplites in Sparte, and no one can recruit Classical Hoplites in Rhodos.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Yea, me neither. That can be changed, though manually.
    ~Maion

The Recruitment Viewer shows the actual recruitment area of the game, not intentions.

Again without any historical authority, I believe the levy hoplites are not available in Sparta because they would not fight as levies but rather in a Spartan phalanx instead, as a hallmark of their universal battle training.

I also don't know about the hoplites of Rhodos, but I would think it is because these kinds of troops were not recruited from this area. Rhodians were famous slingers, I believe.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Default AW: Re: Weird Recruitment in Sparte and Rhodos & Imazighen Army

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    The Recruitment Viewer shows the actual recruitment area of the game, not intentions.
    Exactly. Thank you for your explanations.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    You've missed my point. I'm saying as per the RV, not being able to recruit those units was an intentional move by the team, not a "mistake".
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

If so, I am still misunderstanding you. I am saying that whatever is shown in the Recruitment Viewer is no indication of the team's intentions, only a representation of the files as they are, whether the current state is intentional or otherwise.

You cannot know the intentions of the team by using the RV. There may be mistakes in the recruitment options, whatever the RV shows.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Default AW: Weird Recruitment in Sparte and Rhodos & Imazighen Army

I've looked up the recruitment in the RV before I dared posting here of course. So at least you understood me correctly.

Enemy of cauliflower Member Visitor13's Avatar

I would be very surprised indeed if Rhodos hadn't fielded hoplites of its own. I see no reason why it wouldn't have - but I am just guessing here.

I suppose the Imazighen rebels in Nabatea are there because the Sahara and the Arabian desert are one province - Eremos. These areas were designed to be unconquerable, so they were combined into one province. There is an inaccessible settlement in the Sahara, and it belongs to the Imazighen, so any rebels spawned in Eremos will be Imazighen. I guess the rebels you speak of must have wandered into Nabatea from Eremos/the Arabian desert.
    A big THANKS to all Total War modders

Heed the wisdom in Omanes Alexandropolites' signature!