Thread: UNINSTALL PROBLEMS

Default UNINSTALL PROBLEMS

I am so sorry I even started with this whole thing. What a struggle. Now all I want to do is uninstall the program from the computer and it tells me I can't. I have to be an administrator! What does that mean? Please help!

I never thought I was a computer expert but I knew the basics, but this whole experience makes me feel like you have to be a computer engineer or something. I learned my lesson, guess its just vanilla for me.

Thanks for any help.

Default Re: UNINSTALL PROBLEMS

That means that your Operating System thinks you could be a "bad guy". Administrator is to the OS the same as "owner of the PC"; an ordinary user is not.

So if you do own that PC you can easily circumvent the issue by logging on with administrator acces; or pressing "Continue" (if you already are logged on as such); you may have to provide a password so the OS can verify you are who you claim to be.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Thank you very much for replying. How exactly do I log on as an administrator. I have Vista and I sign in as myself evertime I start my computer.

Okay, hereby: welcome to UAC! That is not some obscure place for people with PC trouble, it's in fact a security mechanism which WinVista uses. That explains why you are asked for "Admin approval" when you try to (un)install things.

First question: do you own your PC?
    If yes:
    -Do you actually know/remember what type of account you created, the one you use to log on to your machine?
    -What does the dialog which prompts for "Admin approval" look like? Does it feature a button called "Continue" (and another one called "Cancel") ? If so, try clicking "Continue"; if it prompts for a password, type the one you use for logging on to your machine. If that works, you now know that the account you use to log on to your machine is in fact an administrator account.

If no:
    -You likely do not have an administrator account, ask the one who does own the PC if you are allowed to install things. If you are, try the stuff under "what does it look like?".
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.