Thread: EB mod not initiating

Default EB mod not initiating

Greetings, recently i have re-intalled Tome TW and remembered the EB mod.
    So after patching the vanilla version of Rome up to 1.5, I downloaded the EB mod from Fileplanet.

Now the problem is that when clicking the icon, i can see from my cursor that my PC is doing something but thats it, no install, no error message, nothing.

I have removed and re-installed Rome to C\:Games instead of Program files as suggested and still the same thing.

BTW i use Vista 32bit

Checked the various stickies and posts here but nothing seems to help :(

PS: Rome on itself work fine and problem free

Default Re: EB mod not initiating

Are you saying that the installer doesn't do anything, or that EB doesn't do anything when you have installed it? Could you please check that you have a couple of gigabytes free on your C: disk?

Please run a validation if you have installed.
    Last edited by bovi; 07-27-2008 at 20:37.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

EB is not installed yet. i downloaded the mod and when double-clicking the icon to start installation my cursor changes to the arrow with whirling circle and thats it.. nothing more..
    Have 35 Gb free space left

Check you have at least a couple of Gigs of continuous space left on your C:\ drive; so the unsinstaller can unpack, w/ever it needs to, in C:\Temp succesfully. Also: wait a bit, it takes a (quite some) time to start up the installer.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Also, since you are on Vista, you may have to run as administrator if you have a normal user account.
    Last edited by Chris_; 07-27-2008 at 21:39.

Tried that also, even tried right-clicking and changed Compatibility to windows XP and back..

At a loss here

I had this problem as well, but I solved it by running it as an adminstrator.

Try right-clicking the application, go to properties, security and modify the security options so you have full access over the application.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Cool, it works now..

Also it seemed it needed a little longer to start up.. is working now but seemed to have run into the CTD problem.

Will check the other threads for that so thanks for the help

Also it seemed it needed a little longer to start up.. is working now but seemed to have run into the CTD problem.
    I had exactly that.

Good to hear it works!
    This space intentionally left blank.