Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110
Results 3,271 to 3,284 of 3284

Thread: OOC Thread and Chatroom 2

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: OOC Thread and Chatroom 2

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlax View Post
    So is this "Save my Senator" thing coming along or not? It's been 3 whole days!

More seriously, do you want help setting it up Cecil? I've been itching to do something game related for weeks now.
    I'll get started in about eight hours, once I'm back from studying. If anyone wants to compile a list of all the Strators, that would be very helpful.

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OverKnight View Post
    Hi all,

"The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

I apologize for my abrupt departure from LotR and the Forum. A combination of the holidays and possible lay offs at work sent me into survival mode. By the time things got back to normal, it had been a few months and I felt like a moron for not posting an explanation for my absence in the first place. So I did the adult thing and stayed off line to avoid any awkwardness. Which was stupid of me as well.

Anyway, I got an email from AG and that spurred me on to come back.

So the last thing I remember, a dog was running for Megas. What's happened since then? I'm sure it can be summed up easily right?

Oh, that reminds me, a very big thank you to General Hankerchief who took over as Historian.

It's good to be back.
    Excellent.

Another acolyte returns from the dead.

My plan is coming together.

Outrageous French accent, Warhorse, page boys, some garlic, a few whores and a trumpet.

My character is forming in my mind.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The History was mostly TheFlax's work, actually. Most of what I did was just some mod work to get it to mesh with the thread.

To sum up the rest of the game: A lot of PvP battles (most of them Tabletop ) were fought. People died.

Glad to have you back, though.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Tiberius/Fred/Mark/Isaak Member flyd's Avatar

We're still not sure not sure what became of all the characters because Igno never bothered to write-up the ending. (nudge)

But what we can tell you for sure is that the Komnenos family held on to the throne, fighting off rival claims from the Tagarises, various kooks, and... other Komnenoses.
    Last edited by flyd; 07-06-2009 at 20:06.
    Βασιλεοπατωρ Ισαακιος Κομνηνος
    Basileopator Isaakios Komnenos

(Save Elberhard)

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flyd View Post
    We're still not sure not sure what became of all the characters because Igno never bothered to write-up the ending. (nudge)

But what we can tell you for sure is that the Komnenos family held on to the throne, fighting off rival claims from the Tagarises, various kooks, and... other Komnenoses.
    Given the somewhat corrupt nature of the Komnenois and the fact that we never eliminated the Turks, I have personally assumed that the events would divert back towards actual history. I imagine internal troubles due to the final upheavals crippling the Byzantines and allowing the Turkish tribes to regain the upper hand, resulting in Byzantine advances slowly eroding away; eventually culminating in the destruction of the Byzantine Empire with the fall of Constantinople in 1453.

The Search for Beefy Member TheFlax's Avatar

For my part I deeply enjoyed the crumbling empire "feel" of the later years. Towards the end we had a huge civil war, Turks gaining ground and cities rebelling left and right. I think TC's interpretation is spot on, the glorious years of the "new" empire had waned and it was in decline. (This might have been more obvious if the enemy AI was somewhat competent. )
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    TheFlax needs to die on principle. No townie should even be that scummy.

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    Given the somewhat corrupt nature of the Komnenois and the fact that we never eliminated the Turks, I have personally assumed that the events would divert back towards actual history. I imagine internal troubles due to the final upheavals crippling the Byzantines and allowing the Turkish tribes to regain the upper hand, resulting in Byzantine advances slowly eroding away; eventually culminating in the destruction of the Byzantine Empire with the fall of Constantinople in 1453.
    Something that clearly wouldn't have happened if the great and destined Constantine XI Ksanthopoulos had claimed the throne.

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

I like to think that the great general Arintheos Voutoumatis, veteran of a single battle where blood was shed, would have saved the empire in far reaching campaigns.

Of course then the reigning Emperor would worry of his growing fame and have him blinded and exiled.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Tiberius/Fred/Mark/Isaak Member flyd's Avatar

Obviously, all the doomsday predictions are from those who were on the losing side (or in TC's case, enjoy chaos). I, for one, think that the Empire under the Isaakian branch of the Komenos family would have been infinitely prosperous. If real history was like our game, we'd all be speaking Greek right now.
    Βασιλεοπατωρ Ισαακιος Κομνηνος
    Basileopator Isaakios Komnenos

(Save Elberhard)

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Prosperous? So... how exactly was that 62k of debt going to be cleared?

Cthonic God of Deception Member ULC's Avatar
    In the swirling maddening chaos of the cosmos unseen to man...

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    Prosperous? So... how exactly was that 62k of debt going to be cleared?
    Debt only exists if it is acknowledged...

...well, if it works for the US government!

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Surprisingly easily. The destruction of so many of the armies that had been built up (and reduction of Iggy's and my armies in the process) would fix the negative income problem, requiring only time to recover. Heck, although we were honestly losing money in the latter turns without any help needed, earlier on I was moving merchants off of their resources to reduce our income, because I expected a Megas hostile to Iggy to be elected (little did I know most would remain apathetic to Arintheos' squandering of resources).

We would still have one loyal House undamaged by the war, Asteri, who I imagine would be itching to get back into the conflict in the west. Given Iggy's tendency to look westward during LOTR I suspect that would become the main offensive front, with Italy as the goal. He and Asteri (KnightnDay had a nice army heading west, I recall) would likely head that way. I would remain in the east and salvage things as best I could (brings back memories of fighting alongside Matthias...). I'm not a great player, but all I'd need is the core of my army from the Civil War (whoever survived the last battle) and I could wipe out any number of AI led Turkish armies. If I needed to to buy time and income, I'd raze my way east for a bit before turning back and trying to reconquer provinces lost to rebellion. If I were feeling especially cruel about their lack of loyalty, sacking Alexandria would also do much to get out of debt.

62,000 in debt seems bad, but that's par for the course for much weaker and poorer factions than we were in EB... we'd probably be richer than ever in a shockingly small number of turns. Such is the nature of MTW2's less than stellar ai...
    Last edited by Zim; 07-07-2009 at 00:16.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

Bah, Andronikos would have returned from exile with a massive army and used his tactical brilliance* to win back the crown

*side effects of tactical brilliance may include field battles against veteran horse archers, head on bridge assaults, and attacking Antioch using only ladders.
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by woad&fangs View Post
    *side effects of tactical brilliance may include field battles against veteran horse archers, head on bridge assaults, and attacking Antioch using only ladders.
    Ahh.. those were the days. It was an honour to somehow win most of the time by your side.
    The lions sing and the hills take flight.
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

—chant from a children's game heard in Great Aravalon, the Fourth Age

Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110