Thread: Extremely slow family member

Default Extremely slow family member

my apologies if this was broguht up earlier.

For some uknown-to-me reason one of my family memembers is incredibly slow.

It is winter, but taking 1 step per season makes no scence to me.

If you guys need more shots, I can always do that.
    Last edited by muha; 08-02-2008 at 02:43.

Default Re: Extremely slow family member

It might be related to your FM´s traits, there are a few with that effect. He doesn´t look old so he could be sick or weary.

I've had family members move that slow before. -50% from winter, with any of the sick line of traits can do that. Plus there are a few others like being lame can reduce movement. Can you post a SS of all his traits?
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

Im not sure what SS stands for, but here are his traits (he has no retinues)

dull/uncharismatic/vigorous
    barren
    arevaci
    local hero
    a bit paranoid
    trusty
    scholaric
    devoted
    terrible tactician
    poor farmer
    freebleeder
    whatcful
    mathematics expert
    utterly disgraced
    biography
    healthy, ignorant whife
    man grown
    welcoming to foreigners
    unselfish/pessimistic/disloyal
    blooded
    restless sleeper
    well supplied
    worshipper of ataecina
    summer
    forced marching
    gloomy
    confident troops
    winter campaight

It could be the forced marching one, but her got it recently, and after I noticed to problem.

Plus I found another possible bug. Notice that its clearly winter.

Wow, something has definitely gone wrong. I don't know how he could have both winter campaign restricted trait AND summer. Are you sure that you've been activating the script every turn? Also he has a biography trait, is it for him? I can't find one for an Ambon Lusotanakum in the trait file. Also again, with those traits he shouldn't have 5 command stars unless I'm missing something. The only trait that relates to command in that list is "Terrible Tactician" which reduces it by 2. And to get the "Utterly Disgraced" trait, you need to lose two ROMAN eagles. So I have no idea what to tell you.

SS means screen shot btw.
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

Have you perhaps applied the non-retroactive, permanent fix related to traits and continued playing on an old savegame instead of starting a new campaign ?

Edit: Quite strange though that he has no retinue either, and at the age of 34.
    Last edited by Skandinav; 08-02-2008 at 09:35.

I once experienced something similar where all traits were totally messed up (for example Saba victory conditions for some random seleucid family member...). I think it had something to do with the export_description_character_traits file.
    Do you use any minimods?
    Read about glory and decline of the Seleucid Empire... (EB 1.1 AAR)

from Satalexton from I of the Storm from Vasiliyi

Changing the EDCT during a campaign will produce weirdness, unless all the actual traits are unchanged (you can safely change triggers).

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

I did not load the script when iI took the second shot, just loaded to game to record the traits.

I did not activate the script EVERY TRURN (whitch is impossible, no?) But I did activate it every time I loaded the game.

He has no retinues because I moved them to another family memember in order to eliminate one possible cause for this problem.

I dont even know what EDCT is or were it is.

I installed all the fixes, and only then started a new game.

Im using alex.exe, if that counts as a mini-mod.

I cant remember correctly but I think the biography is about some guy in either the Seleucid Empire (sp?) or Ptolemaio.

The Utterly Disgraced trait comfuses me as much as it comfuses you m8.

Thats sums it up pretty much.

Should I just kill him? =\

Quote Originally Posted by muha View Post
    I did not load the script when iI took the second shot, just loaded to game to record the traits.

I did not activate the script EVERY TRURN (whitch is impossible, no?) But I did activate it every time I loaded the game.

He has no retinues because I moved them to another family memember in order to eliminate one possible cause for this problem.

I dont even know what EDCT is or were it is.

I installed all the fixes, and only then started a new game.

Im using alex.exe, if that counts as a mini-mod.

I cant remember correctly but I think the biography is about some guy in either the Seleucid Empire (sp?) or Ptolemaio.

The Utterly Disgraced trait comfuses me as much as it comfuses you m8.

Thats sums it up pretty much.

Should I just kill him? =\
    EDCT is the export_description_character_traits.txt you can find in the folder EB\Data.
    Maybe this file has been changed when you configured EB for alex.exe. Do you use Alex-EB-mod or Lz3's alex.exe files? If so, you should look if the download may be updated and the problem fixed after installing the newer files.
    This is in fact what happened when i had the problem. I was able to continue without any problems (with a savegame from before), all my FMs had their original traits back. I suspect there were issues with the edct in the version i used first.
    Read about glory and decline of the Seleucid Empire... (EB 1.1 AAR)

from Satalexton from I of the Storm from Vasiliyi

I might have forgotten to instal the files that switch EB to the alex engine, but doubt it, since i can play on alex.exe.

And all my other family members are perfectly fine, its just this freak of nature that bothers me.

I installed the mini-mod from https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=94861

And it changed all my FM's traits, I think.

He moves at more or less normal speed now, so Im happy.

Here are his current traits.

sharp/uncharismatic/vigorous
    lusitani
    untouched by fear
    ingenuous
    blooded
    war chief
    sly
    mature
    selfish/optimistic/disloyal
    sdetious
    good tactician
    wise wife
    benevolent ruler
    careless
    understanding of tactics
    pawn of the gods
    father avanged on sabeans (doesnt fit, does it?)
    distrusts outsiders
    uneasy with command
    tired
    seliun-pilis defender (what ever that means)
    outsider heavy sleeper
    medicore when outnumbered
    poor tactician (even thoguh he also has good tactician, and understanding of tactics)
    worshipper of bandue
    not like his father
    calm
    righteous anger
    night fighter
    Last edited by muha; 08-02-2008 at 22:26.

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

you installed it midgame... that messed up the traits...

transition to alex.exe is not savegame compatible...
    (I know maksimus says it is)

although according to LordbulA, if the new traits are added at the end of the section that solves the compatibility issue ... I dont know yet I haven't tested it

there's a chance that you might be able to save your campaign from death, if you can get the original files -here- and then install the fixes you had again , that could solve it (but you wont be able to play with alex.exe ,until 1-you start a new campaign or 2- someone confirms what LB said )

but still that's no reason to cause slow movement... AFAIK
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 08-02-2008 at 23:24.
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

Of course it's a reason for slow movement. His traits are all jumbled up and any of them could have effects on the movement. EDCT = Export_Descr_Character_Traits.txt, one of the files which you should not change during a campaign.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

well I was asking cause when I killed my campaign , my family members despite having weird traits , the didn't got such mvement restrictions
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

Yes, and that's because it's semi-random which traits are given when they get all jumbled up. You didn't get any movement-affecting ones, he did.

================
    ================