Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HELP ME!

Default Re: HELP ME!

mss32.dll is one of the most important files that makes RTW run.

If you try and start EB and get that error, there is something wrong with RTW, not EB. However, I'm pretty sure you have just installed in the wrong folder.
    This space intentionally left blank.

As Norse is pretty hard to understand for present-day Scandinavians after less than a millenium, I think the language from 1500 years before that again is hardly easy to understand, regardless of training in Norse.

Mss32.dll is not any more important than many other files that RTW depends on. It concerns the Miles Sound System Library, used in lots of applications including Winamp and RTW. It appears that some RTW versions don't come with this file, or with a wrong version.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Janköping(sweden) , Tromsø(norway) , Godthåb(greenland) and Ribe(Danmark) > I move from settlement to settlement co's i must raid more often:)

Cool Re: HELP ME!

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    As Norse is pretty hard to understand for present-day Scandinavians after less than a millenium, I think the language from 1500 years before that again is hardly easy to understand, regardless of training in Norse.

Mss32.dll is not any more important than many other files that RTW depends on. It concerns the Miles Sound System Library, used in lots of applications including Winamp and RTW. It appears that some RTW versions don't come with this file, or with a wrong version.
    I spent 8years studying old norse,it's very usefull,for example, when the swabians get the order to attack the say 'paz', well in old norse it's 'påðe'...

Old norse isn't really hard to understand,
    as you are norwegian you can understand this>>>

Oddr segir við Ragnar jarl, "Seg mér, jarl, af heiminum, af jötnum ok ásum." Ragnarr svarar, "Þat skal ek, Oddr."
    "Í heimi stendr askr stórr er vér köllum Ask Yggdrasils. Við askinn eru heimar þeir er heita Miðgarðr, þar er vér búm; Útgarðr, þar er jötnar búa, en hann heitir ok Jötunheimr; ok Ásgarðr, þar er æsir búa. Undir askinum búa dvergar, er smíða bauga ok branda."
    "Drottin ása köllum vér Óðin, ok er hann áss mjök spakr. Hann hefir hrafna, er heita Huginn ok Muninn, ok fljúga þeir hrafnar um heimana. Þat, er hrafnarnir sjá, sér ok Óðinn. Því er Óðinn áss alvitr. Í Ásgarði býr ok áss sá er Þórr heitir. Þórr hefir hamarinn Mjölni ok flýgr hann oft til Jötunheims ok vegr með hánum jötna. Margir æsir búa í Ásgarði, ok vernda þeir allir mennina ok heiminn, gegn illum jötnum."
    "Surt veit ek búa í Múspellsheimi. Sá er stórr ok illr jötunn elds. Í heimi þeim brenna heitir eldar ok mun Surtr leiða þaðan jötna gegn ásum. Hann mun vega æsi eldi ok brandi þeim, er hann hefir. Illr er mjök jötunn sá."
    "Í Miðgarði búm vér menninir. Um Miðgarð allan veit ek orm hringa sik, er vér köllum Miðgarðsorm. Ormr sá er illr. Ása-Þór vill veiða þann orm ok vega hann hamrinum."
    Oddr mælir nú, "Kenni ek nú marga æsi. En sumir segja mér af öðrum, er þeir nefna Krist. Hvárt er sá meðal ása?" Ragnarr svarar, "Sá er eigi áss, heldr maðr. Menn segja hann lækna sjúka ok blinda, rísa aftr dauðr, ok koma af himnum. Margir norroenna manna trúa nú hánum, en sjálfr veit ek eigi mátt Krists."
    Fara nú Ragnarr ok víkingarnir at leita sér þræla meðal írskra manna. Þeir kaupa þar í Vestrvegi marga unga sveina af norroenum kaupmönnum, er halda sveinunum þrældómi. Kaupmaðr segir, "Sveinarnir eru sterkir mjök, ok sá kaupir vel er þá velr. Tak þú, jarl, þá sveina er þar standa, þá gef ek þér annan til."
    Ragnarr telr kaupmanninn bjóða sér vel, ok geldr hánum peningum. Býðr hann svá þrælunum at ganga í bátana, ok siglir brott.
    Er Svartr ok Kormákr foera viðinn heim til jarls, spyrr Svartr Kormák, "Hvárt eru allir írskir menn þrælar, sem þú ert, Kormákr?" Kormákr svarar, "Eigi erum vér allir þrælar en mörgum vár halda norroenir menn í þrældómi."

Janköping(sweden) , Tromsø(norway) , Godthåb(greenland) and Ribe(Danmark) > I move from settlement to settlement co's i must raid more often:)

DANSK og stolt!

Well, I do understand much of it (or, as long as I read of it), but then again I also have training in Norse. But far less than you, of course, I limited myself to what was required during school and I wouldn't dream of choosing it as a study area.

Odd says to Ragnar Jarl: "Tell me, Jarl, about <confused. The "home" of trolls and gods?>, about trolls and gods." Ragnar answers, "I will, Odd".

"In <the "home", again> stands an ash tree as large as a hill, the Yggdrasil ash. At <?> your homes where it is called Midgard, there we are living. In Utgard the trolls dwell, and it is also called Jotunheim; And Åsgard, there the gods live. Under the tree live two dwarves called Bauga and Branda <or dwarves who forged Bauga and Branda, perhaps>."
    It is of course a lot easier to let Google translate for me (lacking the two latter paragraphs):

Odd says to Earl Ragnar, "Tell me, earl, of the world, of gods and giants." Ragnar replies, "That I shall do, Odd." "There is in the world a great ash tree which we call the Ash of Yggdrasil. By the tree there are the worlds called Midgard, where we live; Utgard, where the giants live, but it is also called Jotunheim; and Asgard, where the Aesir gods live. Under the tree there are dwarves, who craft rings and swords." "Lord of the Aesir we call Odin, and he is a very wise god. He has ravens called Hugin and Munin, and those ravens fly around the worlds. That which the ravens see, Odin also sees. Therefore Odin is an all-knowing god. In Asgard there lives also a god named Thor. Thor has the hammer Mjolner and he flies often to Jotunheim and slays giants with it. Many gods live in Asgard, and they all protect the people and the world against evil giants." "I know of Surt, who lives in Muspellsheim. He is a great and evil fire giant. In that world hot fires burn and Surt will lead giants from there against the gods. He will kill the gods with fire and the sword that he has. That giant is exceedingly evil." "In Midgard we humans dwell. Around all of Midgard I know that a serpent is coiling himself, we call him the Midgard Serpent. That serpent is evil. Thor of the Æsir wants to catch that serpent and slay him with the hammer." Now Odd speaks, "Now I know many gods. But some tell me of another that they call Christ. Is he among the Æsir?" Ragnar replies, "That one is not a god but a man. People say he cures the sick and blind, that he rises dead and comes from the sky. Many northern people now have faith in him but I myself do not know the might of Christ."
    So you see, plenty of room for misunderstanding.
    Last edited by bovi; 08-04-2008 at 16:41.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Thumbs up Re: HELP ME!

Well, I do understand much of it (or, as long as I read of it), but then again I also have training in Norse. But far less than you, of course, I limited myself to what was required during school and I wouldn't dream of choosing it as a study area.

It is of course a lot easier to let Google translate for me (lacking the two latter paragraphs):

So you see, plenty of room for misunderstanding.
    You could learn it easily though...

There's just 1 thing I don't get, Celts also speak old norse in the game, didn't you find any Cymræg speaker to do the voices?

Anyway, it's as I bought another game, though the loading time to get on the game and passing turns are really really long!

Any idea of what makes it so long or is it just about the mod(napoleonic 2 total war wasn't long to load, though it hasn't got as many options as EB)

Thanks 4 helping 2 play though!Great mod!
    I wouldn't be surpirsed of you making games other than TW or Creative Assembly made video games!

There is a Celtic voicemod and a Proto-Germanic one. They are different. Actually you're hearing a Norwegian (Shigawire) in voices for the Celtic one. I believe Redmeth (Romanian) says most or all of the Proto-Germanic voices.

As the frequent issues post says, we've crammed so much into the game that it runs slowly. We prefer the detail.

Have you got the fixes yet?
    Last edited by bovi; 08-06-2008 at 07:37.

================
    ================

Cool Re: HELP ME!

There is a Celtic voicemod and a Proto-Germanic one. They are different. Actually you're hearing a Norwegian (Shigawire) in voices for the Celtic one. I believe Redmeth (Romanian) says most or all of the Proto-Germanic voices.

As the frequent issues post says, we've crammed so much into the game that it runs slowly. We prefer the detail.

Have you got the fixes yet?
    What kinda fixes?1.1?
    dunno what corresponds exactly...if you could tell me it would b nice^^

There aren't any fixes for the Voicemod released in case you were wondering; Bovi simply asks if you have installed the [permanent, as in: will be included with newer versions of EB if any] fixes for EB 1.1.

Those files can be found in a sticky with a very descriptive title on this very same forum.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Not to mention in huge, friendly letters in my sig.

================
    ================

I guess you should make the Pink and make them read "Don't panic"
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Unhappy Re: HELP ME!

Not to mention in huge, friendly letters in my sig.

Lol
    wot letters?:p^^^^^^

(i know wot u're talking about^^)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123