Thread: unsynced Multiplayer AI

Default unsynced Multiplayer AI

One thing that bugs me when playing eb cooperative with some friends in a lan is that the AI is not synced across the network. For example, in my screen an enemy unit charges on my left flank, while on my friend's computer the same is nowhere near there, often doing something completely different. And the battle outcomes are completely different between us, even though we can see eachother's troops.

This makes cooperative playing pretty much useless, as each of us could just as well play a singleplayer game. Is this a bug? is it a plane? no it is... bad!
    Just wondering if anyone else gets the same problem, or know a fix.

we're using EB 1.1 with MC formations and Silhuet's AI formations.

Default Re: unsynced Multiplayer AI

No idea. I would suggest to fight human opponents instead.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

i'm afraid that doesn't work either. After we tried human vs human today the battle ended alltogether different for each one of us. I had lots of spearmen, and they had lots and lots of missile cavalry. On their screens my units stood their ground as i instructed them to, but the cavalry beat them down after a while, showing them as the victors.
    On my screen though, i succeded and won by a huge margin as their cavalry stormed right into my phalanxes.

this only happens in EB, we've been forced to play vanilla rtw when we play together

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

what???

so in your screen you won , but in his screen he won?

since its online gaming my guess would be a -really bad- lag <.<

what if you try with smaller unit sizes ? are you playing wth hamachi or gamespy? if the second, try to use the first one...
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

it's not online, it's through a lan, and everything is synced as in my units attack what i order them to attack on his screen, but the location and status of my troops are not the same on both screens.
    So lag is not the issue.

Trust me, we have done nothing to modify the network synchronization. As you're playing on a LAN, try to use Gamespy just to see how it works.
    Last edited by bovi; 08-07-2008 at 12:39.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

I have played tons of MP battles in hamachi with no problem whatsoever
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 08-07-2008 at 18:59.
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

This sounds like the old RTW multiplayer bug.
    I often, if not always, had this problem back when Rome was just released and I played it alot in LAN, but we always blamed our connections or occasionally speculated that maybe it was some kind of odd trick of the engine to reduce or make lag less visible gone awry.
    Hadn´t tried a LAN battle for years, and never in EB, so I decided to do one with a friend some weeks ago and the same happened again, although not before late in the battle - we didn´t notice it before at least - and the difference between what was shown on our two screens was limited yet clear.
    In addition to a notable delay in the battle-progress on the PC not hosting, the AI seemingly made up for this by taking control of the host´s forces on the non-host´s end and conversely until at some point somehow the two were more or less syncronized again but with dissimilar experiences of the battle.

But I remember vividly the frustration of differing battle outcomes and when the differences became apparent early on the notion that you were really playing two seperate battles.

This would rarely happen when I played online*Ok guys, I've finished of the Scipii, coming to help you look like you need it. Erm, you just sat there basically and got destroyed, the hell are you talking about?*, the only thing I can think of is to check your firewall and port settings to be sure it can go through. Try playing normal RTW/EB with other people online and seeing if you still have this problem. Your friend too.
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'