Thread: MTW-Redux Beta Released!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: MTW-Redux Beta Released!

Hi guys and thanks to Gollum for providing da extra link. Anyhow, I’ll
    start with Gaius, but first for those who might need it…

The Official MTW Patch 1.1
    ==================================================

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/m.../patch/16.html

http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/234...ro_release-zip

Both links are functional and reliable…. (US/Euro-release)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Septimus Severus View Post
    This makes me...want to play MTW again
    Well, Redux is good place to start, so feel free to give it a shot if you like. Besides, redux is infamously crammed with sexy little princesses – and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I mean royal vixens just aching to meet and marry you... How can you or anybody possibly turn that down, you can't can you?!

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    I'd like to play new Redux but I don't have MTW 1.1. I have to wait for the VI version.
    You are probably not alone, it will come eventually... Hopefully you (and others) will like it, once you get the chance to play it.

btw I'm curious, What are the reasons of still making a mod for MTW 1.1?
    For me, three things; availability for all, practiced solidarity with V.1.1-owners and personal preference (just like some people prefer original STW ahead of the Wardlord edition for instance).

Non-VI owners has with little exception been left out in the cold and ignored – I wanted to change that – while still offering an game-experience that can succesfully compete with the big stuff done for VI exclusively. As if, for once, VI did not actually matter. Proving that VI is hardly a neccesity for making intersting and good stuff for MTW on general terms – contruary to popular belief it seems. VI is easier and friendlier to work with and it does offer more possibilities - but the results are not available for all. I don’t like that circumstance and at least redux in its standard form should and will be available to ALL – utterly regardless of what version of MTW they have. Roughly 50% of all people who play, or have played, redux have probably done so upon V.1.1. Redux is thus unique, since it does offer virtually the same game and experience regardless of version of MTW – no other major mod has done that or have such traits to date.

What are the main differences (in case of modding) between 1.1 and 2.01?
    40 ton of differences… In short, I think V1.1 is harder to handle, more screwed up and restricted. You have more options and possibilities in VI, and it is easier and friendlier... etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    This is great news although it will be a couple weeks til i have proper time to install and play.....Meanwhile can someone post up some screenies?
    Achilles, I will probably put up some screens eventually. For now I’ll pass that ball to the community, if somebody is kind enough to post up some screens of new redux – then feel free to do so. In the unlikely event that it actually happens, please remeber that for pics bigger then 800x600 pixels use spoilers or thumbs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by victorgb View Post
    Being somewhat paranoid about malware and the like, can anyone suggest a good clean site from which I can download the 1.1 patch?
    Well Victor, I can certainly relate to that, anyhow you got two solid links now. Do enjoy da game…

Some other notes

I have finally put another link for the new Redux BETA (over at Atomic gamer, slower but have yet to disapoint me). I may have also been too eager to get rid of the 2nd Ed links so I have put them up again for reference for any people wanting to try out old redux out as they wait for the new VI-upgrade module. Furthermore, it would still be good if I can get it confirmed that the files works – I do believe they work – but it would be better to be 100% sure. Anything else, fire away…

- Cheers
    Last edited by Axalon; 03-05-2011 at 08:02. Reason: She-Hulk made me do it...