Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The South Ossetia War

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Default Re: The South Ossetia War

First Battle Chapter: Strong words

8th of August.

What has started as a simple misunderstood or as a simple aggressive way of telling Russia to get their troops out of our territory, this has broken out some reactions from Georgians, Russians, and now Ossetians and Abkhazians. The conflict started with three participants, and might end with six participants, and some unknown reaction.

If we had to ask what really happened, it is not clear at this moment. There are a lot of versions who come at the moment of asking such a hard question: What happened? Every participant in this battle has their own version.

One of the main points to remark is that there was a muted voice. The Ossetians lost a war, and their nation started to be a part of Georgia. This has lead to keep them fighting for their right to be free again, but Georgian authorities doesn’t want to allow them to be free. This has lead to discontent in the former Ossetia residents. During the period that involves the end of Georgia – Ossetia war, there were a group of “terrorists”, people who have been training people to free South and North Ossetia from the Georgian territory. The government answered with threats, but this group has not performed an attack against anyone.

They were in the shadows. Now, there are some reports that this group is going to accomplish their objective: Create a free Ossetia for all.

Dmitri Medvedev, president of Russia, has sent a message transmitted in all the radio and television stations of Russia. In the message, he says:

“It is well known that the people of South Ossetia claim for their land, and they are in their right to do so. We are fully supporting their petition. Georgia is blind, thanks to their government. This leads us to think that not only Georgia is behind this.”

The Russian Federation sent an ammount of troops to the border, like Georgia did also. There is tension in the Russian - Georgian border, as troops can start to fight... and the real war begin.

But where the real war began is in Abkhazia. While the independists control a big part of it... they want their nation free from Georgia. The Georgian troops are being expelled from Abkhazia, mainly due to the conflict in South Ossetia. The Abkhazian leader Noncommunist haven't done any kind of declarations yet.

It is only matter of time to know what will come. The abkhazians were silent. Now, today, they started to talk. And their voice is starting to sound in many places at the same time.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

This game has been inactive. What did I do wrong?

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

Formerly: SwedishFish Member KarlXII's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States. Malmö/Gothenburg, Sweden. Cities of my ancestors and my favorite places to go!

I'm waiting for American/UN/Georgia. I mean, I can't do this alone as Russia.
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

Thats right SwedishFish.

I will contact everyone of them and we will see who is playing and who is not.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

Damn, it was my first IH to take off! Will look for new players, and if you want to retreat, do so. I won't be angry with you, SF.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

Do you mind if I back out as well, Caius? I'm not going to have time for this IH anymore, sorry.
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmaster Horus View Post
    Do you mind if I back out as well, Caius? I'm not going to have time for this IH anymore, sorry.
    Don't worry.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

I'm sorry! I'm still in; I've just been distracted the last week or so.

Peoples of the Civilized World:

Neither the U.N. nor NATO (nor the rest of the Civilized World) recognize the existence of South Ossetia, just as they do not recognize the so-called "independent" desident regions of Transnistria and Abkhazia. The reason for this?: The said areas are rightfully a part of their mother-nations, pure and simple!

President Mikheil Saakashvili

The Chosen One Member Noddy The Beefy Egg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caius View Post
    Actuality vs. an IH.

The war in South Ossetia, a little piece of land, the land of the Ossetians. Everyone have their interests in that piece of land... You don't know what it will trigger. You never know if a Second Cold War could be triggered... But for now, you can take place of Russia, invade them to free the Ossetians. You could be the Ossetians, a group of people who wants to live with freedom. You could be Georgia, and try to kick the Russians out of South Ossetia. Try to make an effort to delay the was as the UN, or try to enter the war being the US. There are 4 chances. Who will win? We are not sure, hell, even in real life we are not sure!

5 players needed:

Russia - Swedish Fish
    South Ossetia - Warmaster Horus
    Georgia - King Jan
    US - Ignoramus
    UN - Sarathos
    you forgot Abkhazia!

On my titles, Kaiser means king in German. So i'm the king

SELLING PIRATINGS OF THIS VIDEOGAME WILL RESULT IN PUNISHMENT BY CRUSHING

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12