Thread: How do you think.........

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default How do you think.........

How Do you think the TW Community can come back to life?

Default Re: How do you think.........

A game which actually has a half decent multiplayer platform.

If you compare TW multiplayer to any other game it really is "that bad" and when you look at the market for online play it really doesn't match up and if empires doesn't then I certainly wont be buying it.

So a short responce a new game with an actual half decent multiplayer, if ETW doesn't deliver I wont and certainly a lot of other people wont be coming back to total war MP any time soon.

Tib

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

Blog Entries

I just think people need to come back and help out. I think a lot of people complain, but they don't help out. MP has it problems, but still. How can the communit re-grow if everyone complains yet doesn't play?

I like many others would play but it's beyond us we can't fix the teribble lobby.

To me it jsut seems pointless when there are so many superior games similar to total war but with good multiplayer availible to me it seems pointless waisting it trying to log in 10 times.

For example two of my ex clan mates tried to play a couple of days back, 10 log in atempts and they still couldn't get on.

If empires is the same old don't expect a community to come flocking back, IMO CA needs to get there act together.

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

Blog Entries

Good Point Tib, but I just think CA doesn't want to do anything when they see everyone leaving. Why should they do anything if everyone leaves? But then again, if they can't do anything while everyone is here, I would argee with you.

I try to play. Can never connect though. I think all that is needed is for a small patch to be released that makes it so people can connect on the first try. Kind of like if they took the mp from MTW 1 then you would have a good base for a community to grow on.
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

there was never enough online compared to those who bought the game(any title) for ca to give a toss about mp. ever.

hopefully empires will be on wii. :)
    Last edited by t1master; 08-26-2008 at 06:15.

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t1master View Post
    there was never enough online compared to those who bought the game(any title) for ca to give a toss about mp. ever.

hopefully empires will be on wii. :)
    Hiya Tim

They have never understood that a thriving multiplayer community is the number one best advertisement any game can have.

The operative theory being that if there are those many people playing it, it must be fun. This logic is not lost on single players; they think and evaluate games from the same criteria as multiplayers, even if they choose to only challenge their own machines.

The evidence is all out there on the net in overwhelming quantities, but still they slog along ten years behind the times making single player games with a multiplayer “add-on”, rather than the other way around.

Basically nothing has changed since Castles II (forerunner of the series). The graphics and the complexity have evolved, but the game concept and the business model are still the same.

But don’t get me started
    Last edited by Tomisama; 08-27-2008 at 01:23.
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tomisama View Post
    Hiya Tim

They have never understood that a thriving multiplayer community is the number one best advertisement any game can have.

The operative theory being that if there are those many people playing it, it must be fun. This logic is not lost on single players; they think and evaluate games from the same criteria as multiplayers, even if they choose to only challenge their own machines.

The evidence is all out there on the net in overwhelming quantities, but still they slog along ten years behind the times making single player games with a multiplayer “add-on”, rather than the other way around.

Basically nothing has changed since Castles II (forerunner of the series). The graphics and the complexity have evolved, but the game concept and the business model are still the same.

But don’t get me started

Go On Tomi, We Be Nice

TW on Wii? Weeeeeee!

Annie
    AggonyJade of the Brotherhood of Aggony, [FF]ladyAn or [FF]Jade of the Freedom Fighters

a.k.a. Armatus of TWC Member Ricochet's Avatar

MP community cannot come back to life until logging on to mp issue is resolved.
    Last edited by Ricochet; 09-01-2008 at 18:58.

They did not leave their walls to fight them, but
    put them to flight with Celestial Artillery of
    Thunder and Lightning
    -- Flavius Philostratus II

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LadyAnn View Post
    TW on Wii? Weeeeeee!

Annie

Spartian Total Warrior On Wii Could have been Fun

Game is over for the oldies (even for the Wolves... We retired). All lost interest and nothing will change it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Kyolic View Post
    Game is over for the oldies (even for the Wolves... We retired). All lost interest and nothing will change it.
    I think part of the problem is a attitude like that from the players, and when that happens, then I think it makes other oldies lose interest also. When no oldies want to come back and play and/or demand that CA does A,B,C,D,E,F,G, and H even though they know they can't do it in a one game time span, then I think it screws up TW.

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|3|AntiWarmanCake88 Toyosada88 View Post
    Spartian Total Warrior On Wii Could have been Fun
    We can use the Wiimote to act as flag waving or drumming, ordering units to maneuver on battlefield, like the real generals do.

Anniep
    AggonyJade of the Brotherhood of Aggony, [FF]ladyAn or [FF]Jade of the Freedom Fighters

I agree 100% with Tib...they (CA) just did'nt give us a choice. If I was able to connect I would play unfortunately "they" didnt give a sh*t! There are endless threads with players with these connectivity issues all over other forums including the .com site. Trust me, I and many friends here spent lots of hours trying to help resolve my issue and finally just giving up. This was the last hoorah for me...I will never buy another TW game again. For now I will continue to play VI until well...they pull the plug and I will finally take my leave and dissapear into the sunset.
    Hunter King George Visit the Realm of the Hunters:
    Proud participant of the Code of Honor. Have you signed the code?

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

Total War MP is dead.

Even the latest versions like M2TW. That is even worse than the previous with the Lobby and Connection issues.

All the clans have departed, except for a few individual players trying to keep MP alive.

It was fun while it lasted.

..Jochi
    Last edited by Jochi Khan; 09-09-2008 at 15:03. Reason: typo
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

RTK also has slipped into almost complete inactivity.

But there is always hope.When old players stop playing, new ones take their place.

Some of the new clans on M2TW have shown great attributes, and whilst people may knock them for being able to play a game that was essentially arcadey,it doesn't diminish the results they earnt.Imperial and B-S being the two new clans at the top of the list.

When a new game in the series comes out, it won't always suit players of prior installments.Nothing can be done about that, its just the way it is, so we'll keep having a revolving door of players in the TW online community.
    ETW won't be any different.We'll lose some familiar faces, and gain some new ones.
    I just hope that CA will use a better more reliable server, and don't release a half-finished,half-assed game this time.Though of course I expect the worst.

Sad to hear that Grey Wolves won't be returning to TW in any capacity.I hope one day a TW game will be released that alters that situation.

Tibby, your gamerscore is worse than Monarch's. :P

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jochi Khan View Post
    Total War MP is dead.

..Jochi

Sadly, I think it is. But Like I said, I think partial blame is on the players for being to demanding and expecting everything or for some newer players for being on the "bad" side and chasing away some of the better players. Besides, keeping a attulide like that does not help matters Jochi.

But Yes, CA is to blame. How many times do we have to complain about issues that are not really "over the top", like lag issues (GameSpy), and so on? CA reads this fourm. I know they do, you know they do. The Shougn, Jack Lusted, and some more people from CA all visit this fourm, but you think they would post here more often....?

But Hey, What Do I know? I'm just some 16 year old who used to cause touble in the community
    Last edited by ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88; 09-16-2008 at 00:46.