Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Signup thread

Default Re: Signup thread

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Punk View Post
    Marsyas looks like he could become quite the general. Inspiring and leads from the front. Aswell as being a capable administrator. Could be quite the leader.

plus his mother in law isn't that bad apparently
    Yeah, I'm gonna try and reserve him for myself if the new guy doesn't take him. Keep it in the family and all. Oh, and the other one's mother in law is gonna get sold into slavery if she don't shut her trap real quick-like.
    Last edited by MerlinusCDXX; 05-26-2009 at 12:03. Reason: god i suck at typing

Sorry dude but im going to have to take Marsyas, Id be idiotic not too

I hope to be up and running by tonight, boy has this been a pain in the neck

Quote Originally Posted by Nole4694 View Post

I figured you would.

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Merlinus, will I save Laomedon for you?

Yes, I-K, that will work.

Dejotaros moc Praesutagos Member Cultured Drizzt fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nole4694 View Post

but it shall be worth it!

(just don't leave after 5 days like everyone else... then we would have to hunt you down.... )
    Micheal D'Anjou
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    memory of the short lived king of Babylon Patrokles Adiabenikos

Vicious Celt Warlord Member Celtic_Punk's Avatar

true enough. Stick it out champ. Especially since your going to be in the East. Which aparently is a little bit hecktic. You might have the chance to lead an army soon. (but the current state of affairs with the Civil war and Cunobelinus' disobedience toward the King and the council has the King a bit paranoid and distrusting of everyone around him. He might not want to create a new army and have it led by a new general.)
    'Who Dares WINS!' - SAS
    "The republic stands for truth and honour. For all that is noblest in our race. By truth and honour, principle and sacrifice alone will Ireland be free."-Liam Mellows

Who knows? If it's a enough day we may all end up Generals!"

Well looking at your guy's RP posts im going to have to work on the length of mine, and my comp keeps crashing so still not ready, was almost finished with RTW installation and BOOM pc goes kaput, sooo got to start over, good thing i got a fast pc :D

I have an (soon to be open) Satrap Aid position that you may be offered if you stay active in the game.

Well, thanks but it seems im never going to be able to play

The WotB just wont seem to work right, I download extract, copy the data folder into the EB and merge/overwrite the stuff in the origanal Data and I play the game, So I can now get Recruitable generals, but their worth like 2370 and thats not right...

Any ideas?

same thing happened to me pretty much. I had to uninstall everything relating to RTW and EB. You can back up your saves. get rid of everyhting else (the proper way) and then reinstall it. Using a clean install works.
    'Who Dares WINS!' - SAS
    "The republic stands for truth and honour. For all that is noblest in our race. By truth and honour, principle and sacrifice alone will Ireland be free."-Liam Mellows

well this is what happened last time and I did install and delete everything I could find, and reinstalled it still this happened. Theres got to be a better way...

On an unrelated note, why cant I edit my posts?

extract this into your main RTW directory (the one where you have WotB installed) and click yes to "overwrite files". If you don't get the overwrite message, you can manually copy the files. Place export_descr_unit.txt into the EB-> data and EB ->sp game edu backup folders, and put export_descr_unit-backup.txt into EB->data. This should get the RGBs to cost 1 m'nai. It's because you are still a "junior member", just post a lot, follow the site rules, and don't flame and troll and all that, and then the mods should upgrade your status to "member", and you'll be able to edit your posts. I'll also see what I can do to speed up the process.
    Last edited by MerlinusCDXX; 05-27-2009 at 03:46. Reason: it's OK now

While I encourage attempts to get the WotB mod working, I don't think you actually need it in order to play. The only limitation is that you cant be chancellor (and end the turn). EB 1.1 is enough to view the save.
    Quid ais, homo levior quam pluma, pessime et neqissime, flagitium hominis, subdole ac minime preti?
    -Plautus, Menaechmi

Alexandros Syriakos in WOTB

Quote Originally Posted by Incitatus View Post
    While I encourage attempts to get the WotB mod working, I don't think you actually need it in order to play. The only limitation is that you cant be chancellor (and end the turn). EB 1.1 is enough to view the save.
    Fair point, but I had to make these fixes because I am the chancellor, so I already had them on my HD, so I figured I'd share .

Hurray! it worked... Finaly! What do i do now? hahaha

Post a staus and orders report in the SOT thread, and then you can start (get a post in the character information thread to, though you wont have much to say for now). you can take the save and get a feel for things, post in the council (join the rebels... with troops you stole from a cities garrison , sorry keep doing that.... )
    Last edited by Cultured Drizzt fan; 05-27-2009 at 21:59.
    Micheal D'Anjou

Hello people! I'm planing on Joining WotB (my comp with EB is not working, but once it's repeared I will install EB 1.1 so until then I can't participate actively). My question would be if the WotB mod has any noteabla chages besides enabling recruitment of generals in every town?
    And another thing would be that I'm not sure if I understand a part of the Rules: the players who don't post there save 24 hours after the earlier save has been made availeable won't be able to make there moves?

I wonder how this civil war will head on... good luck to both parties! I hope I can get my comp will be working again soon....
    “Save us, o Lord, from the arrows of the Magyars.” - A prayer from the 10th century.

well its kind of like that, but what happens is the chancellor takes the save and posts the new turn, then everyone else has about 24 hours (most of the time we go a bit longer than that however) to take the save and make their moves. If you don't want to take the save however you can simply post what you want done in the SOT thread, then the chancellor will do it for you.
    I haven't noticed any other changes other than the fact Arche Selukeia can recruit generals everywhere for 1 Mnai.

yes the civil war is reaching its end. The arche you will be joining may be a very different place!
    Micheal D'Anjou

HunGeneral, the time you have to take the save depends on who is acting as chancellor at the moment. Right now, while I'm the chancellor, I usually let the save be open until all major parties that have been active lately have moved or said they aren't going to. The way the rule works is that the chancellor must wait 24 hours since the last new turn save is up to end the turn, but can, at his discretion, extend the time until he ends the turn up to 72 hours. I usually go from between 36 and 48 hours on average.
    Last edited by MerlinusCDXX; 06-15-2009 at 06:56.

Thanks for the answers. Looks like the battle of Antiochia is getting started... I wonder who will win.

I would have other questions if I'm on the area already. I know that in the status and order thread you can tell what people like the Basileus or the chancelor can or can't do with your character, that is atleats clear. Does "ingame" or in character communitcation between palyers work primary with PM?

If you wish to get rid of ananciliary then do you simply give him to a strategos who doesn't have a "Player" controling him or should you post it somewhere to see if anyone is interrested in getting that anciliary?

Also if you would like to be placed or assigned to a given satrapy then do you have to turn to the Basileus or tha Satrap in office for permision? Do some character have a personal income and money which he can use for his own need s (like recruiting an agent for personal use or build buildings out of his own pocket to decrease the cost for the treasury)?

By the way if the civil war ends then will the winner be declared Basileus or is there a chance that some strategoi will form a kind of "resistance" against the rightful King/foul usurper?
    “Save us, o Lord, from the arrows of the Magyars.” - A prayer from the 10th century.

Quote Originally Posted by HunGeneral View Post
    Thanks for the answers. Looks like the battle of Antiochia is getting started... I wonder who will win.

I would have other questions if I'm on the area already. I know that in the status and order thread you can tell what people like the Basileus or the chancelor can or can't do with your character, that is atleats clear. Does "ingame" or in character communitcation between palyers work primary with PM?

If you wish to get rid of ananciliary then do you simply give him to a strategos who doesn't have a "Player" controling him or should you post it somewhere to see if anyone is interrested in getting that anciliary?

Also if you would like to be placed or assigned to a given satrapy then do you have to turn to the Basileus or tha Satrap in office for permision? Do some character have a personal income and money which he can use for his own need s (like recruiting an agent for personal use or build buildings out of his own pocket to decrease the cost for the treasury)?

By the way if the civil war ends then will the winner be declared Basileus or is there a chance that some strategoi will form a kind of "resistance" against the rightful King/foul usurper?
    To be honest I have very little chance of winning this battle, especially if mini is unable to reach the battle by the next turn (dice gods do not fail me now!) (plus the fact he has to go out to reach a computer with internet accuses cant help )

IC communications can either just happen in a thread or by PM, your choice. I use PM most of the time, especially if I am planning anything secretive, which is most of the time
    Ibn handles the disposal of Retinue you don't want, he has a avatar he loads up with the unwanted retinue and you don't have to deal with it any more.
    I am not sure about your last question but I believe that you just need the satraps permission, the Basileus has little say in the matter.
    Last edited by Cultured Drizzt fan; 06-16-2009 at 23:38.
    Micheal D'Anjou

If you want to be assigned to a satrapy, you ask the satrap. They are the ones who pick their aides. If you want to be assigned to a regular army, those commands are appointed by the Basileus, though if you want to "ride along" with a regular army, you can ask the current commander of that army. Regular Army commanders usually decide who will be "second in command" in their own forces. There are no "private" funds that I know of...unless you are a rebel, but then you have to worry about surviving until you can use your money. All expenditures will be accounted through the office of the Chancellor (you post what you need in your SOT post, if you have the authority to do so, and the chancellor takes care of seeing that it gets done-or not. If you are a satrap, you can prioritize construction according to the rules, and the Basileus can prioritize recruitment outside of the satrapies).
    Last edited by MerlinusCDXX; 06-16-2009 at 22:13.

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HunGeneral View Post
    Also if you would like to be placed or assigned to a given satrapy then do you have to turn to the Basileus or tha Satrap in office for permision?
    It's up to the satrap in question whether or not to accept you as an aid, though how many aides he can have depends on his in-game traits. The Basileus has no say in the matter (unfortunately, heh). So CDf is right about that.

Do some character have a personal income and money which he can use for his own need s (like recruiting an agent for personal use or build buildings out of his own pocket to decrease the cost for the treasury)?
    Well... if you become a rebel, that gives you an income depending on how many settlements you have and their sizes. Of course, it has the setback of openly declaring you an enemy of everyone else, and you can't use any of that money for some time (how long depends on your in-game traits). It's not a decision to make on a whim... or, well, it can be, if you're the reckless type.

Well, if I win I will remain the Basileus, no contest. However, if I lose and Sarpedon dies, then the title is up for grabs. CDf's character of course has a claim for it since he killed me (if he dies too, then there's still mini's character to take his place). Others with perhaps a more legitimate claim would be Phanias (Merlinus' character) since he's currently named as my heir, and then there is, well... me, since I'll be playing Sarpedon's son. The firstborn of kings - especially if male - usually have some claim for it.

That's the people I can think of right now. Of course, with me and my army gone, others might just try to do like CDf (for the life of me I can't remember his character's name... I generally suck at remembering names ) and just rebel and try to kill him to take his place. That's my understanding of the would-be situation.

I think the other questions were adequately answered by CDf.

if for some ungodly reason I win, I wont be taking the throne, that is for sure! I will sit back and let the cards fall where they may. Though I definitely have a preference as to who I want to take over.

to be fair, I am not the reckless type, I made sure I was chancellor the term before I declared rebellion, and loaded up the cities of my choice with all manner of troops. A rebellion is not something to take lightly, you need support and allies, along with a stack of good old Mnai.
    Micheal D'Anjou

Wow now thats what I call fast answers!

Thnaks people. Now most seems clear.

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Viking View Post
    Well... if you become a rebel, that gives you an income depending on how many settlements you have and their sizes. Of course, it has the setback of openly declaring you an enemy of everyone else, and you can't use any of that money for some time (how long depends on your in-game traits). It's not a decision to make on a whim... or, well, it can be, if you're the reckless type.
    Ammmm. Well I don't intend to become a rebel so soon - I don't even know what my character will be like so I couldn't say wether I must roleplay loyal or disloyal...

Quote Originally Posted by Cultured Drizzt fan View Post
    if for some ungodly reason I win, I wont be taking the throne, that is for sure! I will sit back and let the cards fall where they may. Though I definitely have a preference as to who I want to take over.
    Now thats what I call a multisided character: he seems to have the will/guts/balls to create his own kingdom and rip the Arche apart, but doesn't seem to be interrested in putting it together again when he could get more. (just joking - )

Quote Originally Posted by Cultured Drizzt fan View Post
    to be fair, I am not the reckless type, I made sure I was chancellor the term before I declared rebellion, and loaded up the cities of my choice with all manner of troops. A rebellion is not something to take lightly, you need support and allies, along with a stack of good old Mnai.
    Now thes are the words of a real hidden genuis.

What I really wanted to know is IF the battle is won by the Basileus, then will the rebels be given a chance to serve the Arche again or will they be hunted till death or till there resisitance is broken? Or does this depend on the mercy of the Basileus?

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

It depends completely on the mercy of the Basileus.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Having finally managed to get multiple copies of EB working with my Steam RTW (ironically using a method I tried many months ago but thought caused oddness, only to discover said oddness seems to occur with any EB install), I would like to return to WoTB using Zelys Lykikos. It's been great to see this doing well despite the other EB PBMs falling away.
    Last edited by johnhughthom; 07-02-2009 at 20:52.

he might be dead...
    'Who Dares WINS!' - SAS

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314