Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Battle Reports

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Default Re: Battle Reports

A slightly shellshocked Zelys Lykikos has won in his shock appointment to lead the 1st Lydian army. His inexperience has shown with the heavy losses, but he will have learned from the experience.

That roughly translates to my lack of experience with phalanx armies, a heavily forested map and use of general cam led to a slightly disappointing showing. Sorry for losing so many men.
    Last edited by johnhughthom; 07-03-2009 at 00:45.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Another victory for Zelys, over a force of Galatian rebels.

The 1st Syrian has engaged a large Ptolemaic army in the desert near the Red Sea. The men fought bravely and won a famous victory.

Quid ais, homo levior quam pluma, pessime et neqissime, flagitium hominis, subdole ac minime preti?
    -Plautus, Menaechmi

Alexandros Syriakos in WOTB

The 1st Syrian has encountered a foolish Ptolemaic prince wandering the desert alone. He did not live long enough to repeat his mistake.

Quid ais, homo levior quam pluma, pessime et neqissime, flagitium hominis, subdole ac minime preti?
    -Plautus, Menaechmi

Dejotaros moc Praesutagos Member Cultured Drizzt fan's Avatar

won a clear victory against some Anatolian rebels.
    Micheal D'Anjou
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    memory of the short lived king of Babylon Patrokles Adiabenikos

End of Summer, 244 BC. On the road to Antiocheia-Margiane, the filthy Dahae thought they would rob good Greek and Persian men...they were terminally mistaken. The men gave good account of themselves, though the Shivatir and Nizagan-i-Eranshahr suffered extensive casualties. The Shivatir were caught in a wooded patch and forced into melee, while the Nizagan bravely charged some Peltastai to protect my Thanvare Payahdag and were forced to wait for the Prodromoi to finish off some dangerous Kataphraktoi Hippeis. In barbaroi, they are called Azat-Asavaran or some such garble. Why haven't we armored our cavalry like this? We could cause mighty damage amongst our enemies if we did so.

Last edited by MerlinusCDXX; 07-15-2009 at 00:27.

Vicious Celt Warlord Member Celtic_Punk's Avatar

forgot to take a picture... sorry

clear victory in ammion
    'Who Dares WINS!' - SAS
    "The republic stands for truth and honour. For all that is noblest in our race. By truth and honour, principle and sacrifice alone will Ireland be free."-Liam Mellows

Who knows? If it's a enough day we may all end up Generals!"

The 1st Syrian has defeated yet another Ptolemaic army.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I had a little technical trouble after fighting the battle, so I had to autoresolve.
    -Plautus, Menaechmi

I've beaten yet another band of mounted cattle thieves on these ungodly steppes, though my cavalry took many casualties before they were able to penetrate the bake ovens they insist in wrapping their horses in. Not quite a bad idea though, it would help our horsemen to weather the ungodly arrow storms these thieves like to precede their battles with.

The 1st Syrian has defeated yet another band of Ptolemaic warriors and captured another town.

-Plautus, Menaechmi

Antiocheia-Margiane. Assaulted the city, clear victory.

Sorry about the small screenshot size, Imageshack was acting up. I'll try to re-upload later (when there's not so much traffic) I-K, it's in my "random" private album over at TWC, since you are on my contact list, you should be able to view it. It's a bit larger and more readable there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234