Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Royal Council

Default Re: The Royal Council

If I recall only Strategos Theodotas Pisidikes has seconded edict 1.1, if I am correct I also second edict 1.1.

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You were right. I thank you for seconding my Edict since other Edicts were based on that one.

Antiochos nods towards the young Strategos..

Thank you, Basileus,
    I would be honored to take up the Satrapy of Hecatompylos (Parthava). I hope I will discharge my task well.
    In order to properly discharge my duties, I feel a cavalry army would be necessary, as these Arshkanig are steppe people. You can't kill what you can't catch.
    Last edited by MerlinusCDXX; 09-11-2008 at 17:00.

Blog Entries

Good! I'll then start making preparations for your army there. Cavalry Army it is..

Antiochos smiles.. One less problem to worry about..

I'm sorry my head is just bursting with ideas... and I'm restrictted to only propose one officially. I think it would be very pratical for the Magistrate to post all eddicts proposed during each session and the strategos who seconded, so we don't have to go through our memories.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    OOC: I cannot propose this in a more IC way, what I mean is that we should keep the eddicts, the people who proposed them and who seconded them, written and updated on the first or second post of each Council thread, so we don't need to go searching between posts... at least the game masters will have the most of the work done to start polling

I'd like to officially second Edict 1.6

Vicious Celt Warlord Member Celtic_Punk's Avatar

Cunobelinus nods to Lydikes in acknowledgement Thank you friend. From what I hear of the steppes they use many bows on their horses. do away with heavy cavalry, the armour will only slow you down, I wish you much luck mate. Cunobelinus sits down and grumbles "hmmph cowards and their bows a real man wields a longsword, am I right?"
    Last edited by Celtic_Punk; 09-11-2008 at 22:13.
    'Who Dares WINS!' - SAS
    "The republic stands for truth and honour. For all that is noblest in our race. By truth and honour, principle and sacrifice alone will Ireland be free."-Liam Mellows

Who knows? If it's a enough day we may all end up Generals!"

Andromachos rises and bows before Antiochos

"My deepest thanks, my lord. I will try my best not to disappoint you."
    This space intentionally left blank.

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Thank you, great Basileus, my father. To do my duties as a satrap, I think that an infantry army would serve me best. It was evidently superior when Alexander set out, and it is still the best in Mikro Asia, as I intend to prove myself.
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 09-11-2008 at 23:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Punk View Post
    Cunobelinus nods to Lydikes in acknowledgement Thank you friend. From what I hear of the steppes they use many bows on their horses. do away with heavy cavalry, the armour will only slow you down, I wish you much luck mate. Cunobelinus sits down and grumbles "hmmph cowards and their bows a real man wields a longsword, am I right?"
    Hehe, Cunobelinus, a real man wields a longsword, either that or a Kontos. I was planning on using the locals for the job. I think the armored guys will be of more use against the Egyptian sickos, grumbling "not only laying their sisters, but marrying them? I'm surprised the Gods haven't struck them down. Ah, well, they leave it up to us, I guess."

The fair haired man stood up "There is also a pressing matter of Baktria. Since they ceded from the empire, do we face them at force? or should we accept their independence and use them against the Persian threat? Can we really afford conflict with them? and seeing as they were our most remote end of the empire and already practically autonomous I think they've earned their keep. I say we recognize Baktria's independence and move forth hand in hand with them as allies. We direly need allies in the east, not more cities to be a burden on our stretched coffers." Cunobelinus sat down awaiting a harsh rebuttal
    Last edited by Celtic_Punk; 09-12-2008 at 10:31.
    'Who Dares WINS!' - SAS
    "The republic stands for truth and honour. For all that is noblest in our race. By truth and honour, principle and sacrifice alone will Ireland be free."-Liam Mellows

Strategos/Strator Member Rodrico Stak's Avatar

Attalos Peragmou Mysiakes nods to Cunobelinus.

I agree. Baktria is more valuable as an ally than as a territory. Since we are already allied with them, there's no need for a edict, but nevertheless I felt it necessary to voice my agreement.
    Attalos Pergamou Mysiakes, Strategos of the Arche Seleukia in Will of the Baselius (WoTB)

Ioannis Kommennos III, Strator of the Basileia Rhōmaiōn in Last of the Romans (LotR)

Blog Entries

We are not allied to Baktria. They broke the alliance we had! That was one of the reasons I called this Council together! I do agree that we don't have to go to war against them, yet. But we should not forget this treachery and wait the right moment to bring them under our rule again. At the moment I would propose this diplomatic offer to Baktria:

Edict 1.7: Diplomats should be sent to Baktria to give and get trade rights and form a new alliance with them.

Finally one alternative eddict for the Saba envoy! I believe we should only improve relations with Baktria not with the nomads. I second Eddict 1.7!
    Last edited by kingsnake; 09-12-2008 at 14:51.

I also believe that a better relationship with Bactria would be beneficial, however temporary it may be. Therefore, I also second Edict 1.7. I feel it would be wise to give instructions to our diplomat to stay in the area, and thus be ready to open communications with the Saka if Baktria should turn on us.
    Quid ais, homo levior quam pluma, pessime et neqissime, flagitium hominis, subdole ac minime preti?
    -Plautus, Menaechmi

Alexandros Syriakos in WOTB

Aratos, the Edict calling for an envoy to the Saka calls for a cease-fire, nothing more. I agree with improving diplomatic relations with Baktra, but a cease-fire with the nomads costs us nothing, as we have larger problems closer to home. Do we really want to fight over undeveloped steppes so far from anything?

"Baktria is under constant threat of the steppes people's. We must take care in an alliance with Baktria if we are to keep this peace with the Steppes. Our position strategically on our northern Persian/Saka/Baktra border is horrible!" Cunobelinus looks at Antiochus "We should be prepared to abandon it if the situation becomes dire enough. I feel we need some scouts in the area to survey the land and watch enemy troop movements. This will give us fair warning of an incursion and we will be able to act accordingly, whether it be scorched earth or reinforcement. What say you?"
    Last edited by Celtic_Punk; 09-12-2008 at 17:11.
    'Who Dares WINS!' - SAS

Blog Entries

I planned to send some 'intelligence agents' near Our and Saka border. Also near the Pahlavan and Baktrian borders as well. Of course if we have the money to recruit them.

And I have considered to call back troops from our two most north-eastern settlements. We just don't have enough resources to hold those provinces at the moment.

Sorry Phanias Lydikes, I had tried to point out since the beginning of the council how a cease-fire with Baktria was far important than a cease-fire with the Saka and I was very satisfied when the Basileus proposed eddict 1.7 and did not think twice about my words. I of course agree with a cease-fire with the Saka, but I think the baktrian situation is much more important.

We have discussed many matters but I fear one has been quite neglected... that is the Hayasdan Kingdom, tough one eddict as been proposed, it wasn't very convincing and nobody supported it. So I ask you what will be our course of action towards these people.

The 1st Royal Council is almost to its end, congratulations everyone! So I propose one last thing: that we all go feast together tonight!

Blog Entries

Antiochos stands..

I hereby declare that the time for proposing legislation has passed! Voting will begin shortly. There will be a two day period allocated for voting. Voting will end at 8pm GMT on Sunday, September 14th.
    Last edited by Ibn-Khaldun; 09-12-2008 at 21:12.

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

The Magistrate in charge of voting stands up:

Strategoi, the polls are open! Please give your vote promptly, as we will close the polls in 2 days, that means at 20:00 GMT on Sunday, 14th of September.
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

Blog Entries

Antiochos stands..

It's good to see that all Edicts passed. Now I need to know some things.

First, what Army type will Andromachos Syriakos and Sarpedon Syriakos choose for their Satrapies. It will make my life easier if I know what units I have to train for them.

Secondly, I have to name the Commanders of our Regular Armies. So here they are:

Theodotas Termessou Pisidikes
    will lead First Lydian Army.
    Bithys Nisaias Parthiakes will lead First Parthian Army.
    Aratos Arethousas Syriakes will lead First Syrian Army.

If some of those men can't lead the Army for some reason then I would like them to tell me.

Also I ask that Phanias Laodikeias Lydikes would lower the taxes in Hekatompylos or there is a chance that local people could rebel against our rule!
    And I hope that Satrap of Ipsos, Sarpedon Syriakos, will allow me to use Ipsos and Sardis to recruit soldiers to the Lydian Army and wouldn't lock the garrisons.

I will make a report of the springs events soon!

After the speech he sits back and starts to talk with couple of his scribes..
    Last edited by Ibn-Khaldun; 09-13-2008 at 23:04.

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Sarpedon Syriakos stands up.

Father, I think it is your bad hearing playing with us again, for I have already announced my choice in the matter! However, I shall restate it now: I will have an infantry army.

As I told you in the private talk we had during the break, I will allow you to do this. It is more urgent to get the Lydian Army raised and ready than a defence force for my satrapy, as it is relatively safe at the moment.

Blog Entries

Yes, it must be my bad hearing. I have assistants who should keep track on things said in this Council and if they don't do their job well then.. their punishment will not by an easy one!

Antiochos glares some of his assistants who start nervously look around..
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

OOC: This happens when you have several threads open in the same time.
    Last edited by Ibn-Khaldun; 09-14-2008 at 17:14.

Blog Entries

Timarchos Anaias Mysiakes, with what right did you took the units from Susa? I understand that you killed a rebel force there but I remember you that you have to ask permission before you take units from city garrisons. This time I let it be. But next time I will punish whoever will take units they have no right to take!

Antiochos looks annoyed..
    Last edited by Ibn-Khaldun; 09-14-2008 at 22:19.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Basileus, if I may ask, has the First Lydian army been recruited and drilled yet, or is it still in the process of it? If it is ready now, I would ask your permission to move out towards Side with the intention of besieging it.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Blog Entries

It is not completely ready yet..
    We have some units recruited in Ipsos and Sardis and they serve as garrison there..
    I hope that in autumn or later in this years winter we have the Lydian Army completely ready for campaigning.

wherever the wind takes my (broadband connected) box

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun View Post
    Timarchos Anaias Mysiakes, with what right did you took the units from Susa? I understand that you killed a rebel force there but I remember you that you have to ask permission before you take units from city garrisons. This time I let it be. But next time I will punish whoever will take units they have no right to take!

Antiochos looks annoyed..

Timarchos looks equally annoyed

My apologies your majasty,

I had my clerk look over various documents and he saw nothing wrong with borrowing units from the garrison, especally since it didn't affect order,
    in any case, if I ever find myself in a city with rebels looting the countryside and no army of my own, I'll be sure to ask if I can borrow the garrison.... I'm off to punish my clerk in the meantime.
    WotB: Timarchos Anaias Mysiakes, marching round the arche beating up rebels

LotR: Lisas Attaliedas, currently in reserve

"You man, should be punishing yourself, not the clerk. For what following your own orders? I thank Maponos that I am not under your governance. Do not blame good men for your own incompetence," Arrhenides raises an eyebrow "for it is a good way to make many enemies and meet an untimely end."
    Last edited by Celtic_Punk; 09-15-2008 at 17:52.
    'Who Dares WINS!' - SAS

wherever the wind takes my (broadband connected) box

Incompetant? hmm...
    I have spent the year dealing with a small rebellion, nipping it in the bud before they layed their plundering eyes on our capital so you see, I did not have unlimited leasure time to check the constitution with regards to my actions, that is why I employ a clerk. I have appologised to the emperor for using his troops without asking, not for using his troops to destroy that rebellion

I ask you Gedrosianos, how have you improved the safety of the arche this year? what enemies of the arche have been destroyed by you?
    If thats what counts as incompatance nowadays then you are the most competant man in the world!

Mysiakes sits muttering "Insolent, stupid youth" barely loud enough for his neighbours to hear.
    Last edited by 00jebus; 09-15-2008 at 18:32.
    WotB: Timarchos Anaias Mysiakes, marching round the arche beating up rebels

LotR: Lisas Attaliedas, currently in reserve

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast