Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Thread: The Royal Council

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Royal Council

Kleonemos stands...

"I second Edict 10.3 as well. It's not necessary but I would like to show my support on this matter."
    Last edited by Ibn-Khaldun; 06-07-2009 at 17:58.

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Sarpedon stands up.

"Honoured members of the Council, the time for proposing legislations has come to an end. As the only one running for the position, Phanias Lydikes automatically retains the Chancellorship. Voting will begin shortly."

He walks out into the Agora, chatting quietly with Hilarion.
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 06-09-2009 at 15:02.

Vicious Celt Warlord Member Celtic_Punk's Avatar

Dispite the King's best efforts.. I've been given power over the Satrapy of Egypt. I will not fail in my efforts. I will bring peace to the Nile, and I will create a powerhouse which will fuel the Arche's future endevours and create a spine on which our Nation's economy will flourish. As Epona as my witness I will not let you all down... With that the Celt rushed out of the council
    'Who Dares WINS!' - SAS
    "The republic stands for truth and honour. For all that is noblest in our race. By truth and honour, principle and sacrifice alone will Ireland be free."-Liam Mellows

Who knows? If it's a enough day we may all end up Generals!"

Dejotaros moc Praesutagos Member Cultured Drizzt fan's Avatar

A middle aged man walks into the council chamber his face a slight grin as he pick's his way to a seat.

Hail the Basilleus! I am Euandros Stratonikeias Karikes, a noble from Sidon. I have for quite a long while neglected my duties to this council, and sadly to the Arche itself. but in these times of trouble I have come forward to assist in any way I can!
    Micheal D'Anjou
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    memory of the short lived king of Babylon Patrokles Adiabenikos

Mardakou enters the chamber with a scroll and addresses the Magistrate and anyone else present.

Magistrate, I just received a copy of a letter addressed to my lord Phanias stating that the former rebel strategos Epikrates has decided to give up his rebellion in the only honorable manner possible. He has elected to fall upon his sword as the Eastern warriors of old did. Phanias has instructed me only to inform the you that this has happened, so that the Basileios may address the disposition of the men remaining near Arbela, as Phanias will likely address this matter more fully when next he attends this council.

Mardakou, some months since his last appearance, enters the council halls asking after Hilarion.

"I am right here, Mardakou. What is it?"

Ah, there you are. My lord Phanias wanted me to ask you to get a letter off to the Basileios. Hands Hilarion a scroll

Basileios Sarpedon, Hail
    I hope this letter finds you in good health. I wish to ask of you to add the city of Asaak onto my satrapy. I realize, with all the other things you have to handle, not to mention the ungrateful subjects you often have to deal with, that it may be difficult to see to the business of extremely distant settlements as it should be. This city is one of the more important settlements in the east, as my workers have just completed a mining operation there. It is vital to the Arche that this settlement be fully defended, which I can do. Having it as a part of my satrapy insures that its defense is seen to, and the day to day mining operations are closely scrutinized. Please allow me to serve the Arche by making sure the revenues you gain for the throne are never lost, and defending your subjects with the utmost of my ability. I've proven that I have the managerial skill to oversee such a vital operation. Thank you for your consideration. All glory to the Basileios and the Arche.

Satrap Phanias L. Lydikes

Hilarion stuffs away the message.

"I shall see to it that he get the message. You will have the answer when I have one, or when lord Sarpedon tells you himself, through a messenger or in person."

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132