Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cyrus gets a Saba CTD

Default Re: Cyrus gets a Saba CTD

Ooooooh ok man thanks alot,it's that i copied and pasted the doc. but when i tried to open the backup it wouldn't open it is that normal? aside from that thank alot agian for your quick and helpful reply.

Italians do it better! Chi dice donna dice guai. Abbi donna di te minore, se vuoi essere signore. Donne e buoi dei paesi tuoi. Fiume, grondaia e donna parlatora mandano l'uomo di casa fuora.
    And my personal favorite: "Non rimuovere il confine antico fissato dai tuoi padri". In english: "Do not remove the anchent border placed by your fathers". It looses something in the translation......

What do you mean "open the backup"?

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

When i double click it.
    So when i try to validate my installation it tells me i have either a corrupt file or it's been modified and to press any key after that it opens a document wich tells me all the stuff it thinks i modified but since it's to long i won't post it,after i read it what do i do? also when bovi said i should run eb first it tells me it can't locate the file, there is also an other icon that sais run eb (trouble shooting but it to is not located.

Italians do it better! Chi dice donna dice guai. Abbi donna di te minore, se vuoi essere signore. Donne e buoi dei paesi tuoi. Fiume, grondaia e donna parlatora mandano l'uomo di casa fuora.
    And my personal favorite: "Non rimuovere il confine antico fissato dai tuoi padri". In english: "Do not remove the anchent border placed by your fathers". It looses something in the translation......

Post it. This is the third time I tell you to. Anyway, all evidence points to you not installing in the correct folder.
    Last edited by bovi; 11-22-2008 at 18:15.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

What do you mean post it? i thought i just now did....

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
    but since it's to long i won't post it
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus
    What do you mean post it? i thought i just now did....

================
    ================

Ok i admit i missunderstud you. i cannot however post it, since it's so huge it won't fit in the page and my computer won't let me post, but i'll tell u ruffly what it says, on the black window with the grey characters is :Validation is complete.There should be now a new file called "eb validation results.txt" in this directory, open it by pressing any key. and it gives me a blank notepad document and i'm blocked, what do i do? also thare are 2 icons to validate the installation in the start and all programs menu, one that says validate instal, the other validate installation and when i'm at the end of the other one it gives me that huge document it thinks i modified, what am i supposed to do?

You installed EB 1.2 in the wrong directory then. There should be no way you could get that message with 1.2, for I've changed the feedback it gives and overwritten the file that starts it. Reinstall 1.2 and make sure you choose the right folder. Perhaps you've installed into a subfolder called [First select your RTW where EB1.1 is, then remove this]?

================
    ================

No i deleted that part,but i'll try reinstalling it.

Ok i uninstalled it,to make shure i make no mistakes what exactly do i have to do after the installatioon?

After the installation you need to use the "Run Europa Barbarorum" shortcut in your start menu. If it doesn't work, you need to run the "Validate Installation" shortcut. Post the results here. If it's too big, post the first part of the results, as long as you're allowed to post.
    Last edited by bovi; 11-25-2008 at 19:48.

================
    ================

Geez it wouldn't let me "run europa barbarorum" yet again, i did validate installation and here's the few first lines i get:You don't have an original installation; There are changes to files, or some are missing.
    However, these may be conscious changes you have made, to remod EB. See below for details.
    ==========
    Missing file: .\data\animations\engine\ballista\ballista_crank.cas
    Missing file: .\data\animations\engine\ballista\ballista_crank.evt
    Missing file: .\data\animations\engine\ballista\ballista_cranked&idle.cas
    Missing file: .\data\animations\engine\ballista\ballista_cranked&idle.evt
    Missing file: .\data\animations\engine\ballista\ballista_cranking.cas
    Missing file: .\data\animations\engine\ballista\ballista_cranking.evt
    Out of curiosity am i supposed to place the eb 1.2 folder inside the 1.1 one?

Oh man i just noticed this:Missing file: .\eb\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\radar_map2.tga
    Missing file: .\eb\mp game edu backup\rome.lnt
    Missing file: .\eb\sp game edu backup\rome.lnt
    Missing file: .\eb.jar
    Missing file: .\ebchecklist.txt
    Missing file: .\ebignorelist.txt
    Missing file: .\edtftpj.jar
    Missing file: .\miles\mssds3d.m3d
    Missing file: .\miles\mssdsp.flt
    Missing file: .\miles\mssdx7.m3d
    Missing file: .\miles\msseax.m3d
    Missing file: .\miles\mssmp3.asi
    Missing file: .\miles\msssoft.m3d
    Missing file: .\mss32.dll
    Missing file: .\rometw.exe
    Is it normal? i swear i never modified eb in any way and rtw only to make certain unplayable factions usable....

Missing file RomeTW.exe means you definitely installed in the wrong folder. You need to select the folder where the RomeTW.exe file lies. You can however move the whole EB folder (along with the validateInstall.bat file) into that one with your Windows Explorer.

================
    ================

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12