After a awhile of playing EB, i got used to the slower paced battles in which one couldn't use archers to mow down the enemy in under 5 minutes, fights lasted longer than a couple of seconds, and one had time to react to the enemy's attacks. Now i've decided to try RS, and boy, did I get a shock.

When i played a few battles i noticed instantly that men were dieing left and right, getting mowed down impossibly fast (in seconds), and that was just infantry vs infantry. Don't get me started on the calvary.

I understand completely, though, the amount of work involved here. I was Just going through the units alone trying to rebalance them and slow down their relentless massacres, which is a big project in itself. And while this post seems critical, i would also say i also like other insights and ideas i didn't see elsewhere, such as having population growing buildings, a treasury you can sack, and a more dangerous independent/slave faction (BIG PLUS). Even better is that this is a stable, scriptless (DOUBLE BIG PLUS) mod.

However i would suggest the following for the up and coming RS 2.0:

*Have a slow battle option for slow people like me
*Slow down the cash flow for the player, and make him struggle to build an economy and maintain an army (at least for the harder difficulties)
*Make the population growth fairly slow and have population be treated like an important commodity (and not a simple side note) at any city level, and reduce slightly the Population Growth buildings build time
*Jack up the prices for soldiers (WAY UP, its too easy, at least at the beginning)

In a round about way of saying it, i would like to have a mod that will try to KILL ME, EAT ME AND SPIT OUT THE BONES.

Admittedly i haven't played this very long, and my opinions could change as I progress, but for now, I think i'm not being altogther unreasonable.

PS: about possible unit rebalance for slow battles for 1.5, i'm working on a possibility for that now and hope to try it out in the next few days. If it works, i'll consider uploading it and maybe polishing it some. But i was hoping the people who know this mod best (ie the guys who made it) could make it even better.

Well Cheers and thanks for listening and opinions

gamerdude