Thread: Odd crash in campaign menu

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Default Odd crash in campaign menu

Since I made some changes to my mod, nothing new that I haven't done before, I've been getting an error message just after the campaign has loaded, when it should be appearing on my screen.

I've also noticed I get an error message if I browse around the campaign faction selection screen for long enough. I just click on the different faction icons, have a look around, and then eventually I will get an error message. It always happens just when I click on a faction icon. Although not always then same one. First time I clicked on Russia and it crashed. Tried again and clicking on Russia caused no problems, but clicking on the Moors caused a crash...

I have no idea what I've done wrong. Could this oddly-timed error give me a clue?
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Enraged Viking-Slayer Member Irb_the_Pictish_Berserker's Avatar

Default Re: Odd crash in campaign menu

Hmmmm... I've had that same problem in my Stainless Steel mod.

I'm not entirely sure what causes it, but I think it has to do with campaign_descriptions.txt or descr_win_conditions.txt. Try messing around with those and see if you get results - I still don't know why mine did it, but after i screwed around with those files it doesn't really happen anymore
    If electricity comes from electrons, does mortality come from morons?