Well it's back and better than ever! The writing contest appears again for the Fall and this time we're back tot he basics with a story format for the contest, so what are you waiting for? Get writing! The judges are already eagerly awaiting your submissions! Submission phase goes active on the THIRD OF OCTOBER. Hope to see your entry!

The Challenge: Write a story, any type of fiction, max 1.500 words.

The Theme: The prosperity scene in Summer is slowly falling into decay with Fall, and thus that is our theme this time around. Decay. (This can take on many forms, be it the fall of a mighty empire, exile of a king, anything that fits the theme!)

The Prize: Winner and runner-up will both recieve a prized .Org literary badge to show off their victory.

The Rules

1) One submission per person. All submissions must be original work, published or unpublished.

2) The story must be fiction, and must be 1.500 words or less. Use word-counting software or web site if you need help with this. (Microsoft Word has it built in. For other word counting software try Q10)

3) The standard Org rules regarding language (and not the more lenient Mead-Hall ones) apply for the contest.

4) The submission period will run from a minute past midnight GMT on Friday, 3rd October to the same time on Saturday, 1st November. To submit your entry, PM your story to Monk. The story will be posted in a separate submission thread.

5) Everyone may write and enter, from Junior Members to Org staff, except for the judges.

6) ALL SUBMISSIONS ARE FINAL. Submissions are posted “as is” when received by Monk. Once posted it is not permitted to be edited (unless I screw up the bolding or formatting which I sometimes do, then I will fix.)

The Judging

Impress us with your creativity and your ability to hook us into your story in the first two paragraphs.

The winner will be decided by three judges:

Monk
{BHC}AntiWarmanCake88
Martok

What we're looking for is mainly a few things; Originality, Creativity, How well you express your ideas and captivate us. Judges will discuss which story is their favorite and after many hours (and threats!) a winner will be at last selected.

The submission period will run from a minute past midnight GMT on Friday, 3rd October to the same time on Saturday, 1st November