Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swedish Al-Queda leader killed in Iraq.

Formerly: SwedishFish Member KarlXII's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States. Malmö/Gothenburg, Sweden. Cities of my ancestors and my favorite places to go!

Default Swedish Al-Queda leader killed in Iraq.

Link

You know, it does pain me to see Sweden used like this.
    Last edited by KarlXII; 10-20-2008 at 02:45.
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

Default Re: Swedish Al-Queda leader killed in Iraq.

Now if only we could prove McCain is part Swedish.
    Koga no Goshi

I give my Nihon Maru to TosaInu in tribute.

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

Some vikings were Swedes.
    Some vikings settled in Ireland.
    McCain's Irish...

Come on, this is too easy.

1. "Swede", well... His name wasn't exactly Sven Eriksson.

More like Muhammed Whablablabla...

2. Al-Queda, if you read up on Al-Queda, you will find it very strange that they now pop up everywhere... Or maybe the US is just clueless?

3. "Leader", that is a joke. Swedish SÄPO (Swedish version of NSA) has confirmed he is nothing remotely close to a terrorist leader.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    1. "Swede", well... His name wasn't exactly Sven Eriksson.

More like Muhammed Whablablabla...
    r.
    So you dont consider immigrants sweeds? Well that explains allot.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

well, it depends...

I do not consider anyone with a swedish passport a swede, no.

In this case, he came to sweden 5 years ago, got his passport 4 years ago, and went back to waristan 3 years ago...

He has thus lived 2 years in Sweden, before going back to fight.

No, I wouldn't call him a swede. A person with a Swedish passport, yes, but not a swede:)

well, it depends...

I do not consider anyone with a swedish passport a swede, no.

In this case, he came to sweden 5 years ago, got his passport 4 years ago, and went back to waristan 3 years ago...

He has thus lived 2 years in Sweden, before going back to fight.

No, I wouldn't call him a swede. A person with a Swedish passport, yes, but not a swede:)
    Thats not what your post said.

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

My post did not say I don't consider immigrants swedes either...

Truth is somewhere in between.

But who or what I consider to be a swede is a topic for another day... In this particular case though, I dislike the notion of him being portrayed as a swede.

My post did not say I don't consider immigrants swedes either...

Truth is somewhere in between.

But who or what I consider to be a swede is a topic for another day... In this particular case though, I dislike the notion of him being portrayed as a swede.
    Well you made fun of his name and pointed out the fact that it wasnt spelled like a normal sweede. I can only draw one conclusion from that post. Maybe next time you shouldn't try to score a couple of cheap laughs with a bigoted post.

Maybe next time you should not call someone a bigot based on two sentences?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    People who do actually know me would laugh pretty hard at that... You know, when teaching, I have choosen to work in the ghettos... earning way less than I could. I have been a volunteer worker at a yuth center for immigrant kids. I participated in the "big brother" program to get immigrant kids out of criminality. My dad sat in a concentrationcamp (and most of my family on fathers side). At University, I started a program to help immigrants with the language for their raports and papers...

Basicly, if I say someone is not swedish I have some legitimate reasons for it.

I can agree that the post can come off a bit bad if you read it that way, so just don't :)

Formerly: SwedishFish Member KarlXII's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States. Malmö/Gothenburg, Sweden. Cities of my ancestors and my favorite places to go!

The man was a Swede, he had citizenship, therefore, a Swede. But this is all I consider him to have been- an immigrant made citizen.
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar
    3. "Leader", that is a joke. Swedish SÄPO (Swedish version of NSA) has confirmed he is nothing remotely close to a terrorist leader.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Article
    The Swedish citizen who on Wednesday evening was reported to have been killed by US forces in Iraq was Abu Qaswara - according to the UN and EU one of the most senior al-Qaeda leaders in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Article
    “He came to Sweden in the middle of the 1980s, became a Swedish citizen in the mid-1990s and was here until 2006. In May 2006 he travelled to Iraq and hasn’t returned since,” said Israelsson.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

The Swedish citizen who on Wednesday evening was reported to have been killed by US forces in Iraq was Abu Qaswara - according to the UN and EU one of the most senior al-Qaeda leaders in the country.
    Again, that is a joke. He isn't even part of al-qaeda, but of GIA (Groupe Islamique Armé). I know that the US wants to portray Al-Quade and Bin Laden as some sort of James Bond secret organisation with ties all over the world.... The reality is something else though. There are many, many small groups, with little or no connection (often fighting within too). However, sicne sep. 11 the US has blamed pretty much every terror act on this super secret organisation...

You are correct about citizenship though, the first sources of swedish media had it wrong, and it is now changed to "mid 1990s" as you say. However, he has not spent much actual time IN Sweden, cause SÄPO was on him at once.

He lived in my former area btw... cool:) That means I can get some more information probably, I know the people at his mosque and stuff:) Will check...

Maybe next time you should not call someone a bigot based on two sentences?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    People who do actually know me would laugh pretty hard at that... You know, when teaching, I have choosen to work in the ghettos... earning way less than I could. I have been a volunteer worker at a yuth center for immigrant kids. I participated in the "big brother" program to get immigrant kids out of criminality. My dad sat in a concentrationcamp (and most of my family on fathers side). At University, I started a program to help immigrants with the language for their raports and papers...

Basicly, if I say someone is not swedish I have some legitimate reasons for it.

I can agree that the post can come off a bit bad if you read it that way, so just don't :)
    it isnt worth my time or the warning post deleted
    Last edited by Strike For The South; 10-20-2008 at 06:15.

Coffee farmer extraordinaire Member spmetla's Avatar

Default AW: Swedish Al-Queda leader killed in Iraq.

Well good riddance. Too bad that he was able to misuse his Swedish citizenship. Let's hope his successor is an incompetent that leads to more Al-Queda losses and few civilian and coalition losses.
    Last edited by spmetla; 10-20-2008 at 06:09.

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Four stage strategy from Yes, Minister:
    Stage one we say nothing is going to happen.
    Stage two, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    Stage three, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage four, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

sfts, as I mentioned, I had old information... There is a difference between being a liar and having the wrong info... Accepting to be wrong, and clearing up the facts is all anyone can do, isnt it?

So yes, he had been a swedish citizen (on paper) for 10+ years... However, my point remains that he wasnt participating in the swedish society, thus I find it a stretch to call him swedish...

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

One down now the rest.

It seems like he blew himself up, killing some woman and kids in the process?

No reliable source though, can anyone confirm?

Yesdachi swallowed by Jaguar! Member yesdachi's Avatar

There is a difference between being a liar and having the wrong info...
    That’s the same thing W said after invading Iraq.
    Peace in Europe will never stay, because I play Medieval II Total War every day. ~YesDachi

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Default Re : Swedish Al-Queda leader killed in Iraq.

Well I have some trouble considering this man a Swede.

In fact, one can wonder whether lax immigration laws not only bring unwanted immigrants like this man into Europe, but whether this isn't dangerously close to Europe offering a safe haven for terrorists.

Abu Qaswara is a Moroccon terrorist, who is wanted by Morocco for terrorist activities, and who possibly escaped prosecution because of his Swedish nationality.
    He was born in Morocco, lived there until he was an adult, radicalised, lived in Sweden for just long enough to gain citizenship, and no sooner had he aquired one or he left for Afghanistan.
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Louis, agreed.

When I read the swedish press and forums, it seems like most people are a bit angry that he gets portrayed as "swedish"...

It seems like every other week the leader of al-qaida in Iraq is killed .
    They certainly have a lot of leaders don't they

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Bob MacNamara designed the "X al queda leader killed" software. What'd you expect?
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

One out of 3 people struggling to free Iraq seems to be an al-quaeda leader...

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

Quote Originally Posted by Tribesman View Post
    It seems like every other week the leader of al-qaida in Iraq is killed .
    They certainly have a lot of leaders don't they
    Isn't that what happens when you have a Hydra and keep chopping the heads off without a plan?
    Last edited by Banquo's Ghost; 10-21-2008 at 07:09.
    "If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

Its obvious to anyone that a war like this requires far far more than just killing the bad guys, we need the best damn pr campaign in history, and killing people is bad pr, so limit the killing and more pr!
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Some people will find 1001 ways to downplay the death of a muslim fanatic.

Yay for killing muslim fanatics.

Panzer, what thread did you answer to?

No one has downplayed the death of a muslim fanatic, we just kind of disagree with him being a muslim fanatic in charge of other muslim fanatics.

We downplay the leadership role, as that is, well, wrong...

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: Re : Swedish Al-Queda leader killed in Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    Abu Qaswara is a Moroccon terrorist, who is wanted by Morocco for terrorist activities, and who possibly escaped prosecution because of his Swedish nationality.
    He was born in Morocco, lived there until he was an adult, radicalised, lived in Sweden for just long enough to gain citizenship, and no sooner had he aquired one or he left for Afghanistan.
    Muahaha home of the beards land of the wee. I expect a lot of swedes are in their bed with an icebag on their heads 'what did we do wrong'

No, we know what we did wrong, we let wayyyyy to many immigrants in, in to little time.

As an example, my brother lives in Södertälje a town with 81.000 citizens.

This town ALONE has accepted more Iraqis than the entire USA plus Canada together. Now do you see where the problem start?

When people think of Sweden they don't think of ghettos, well guess what, we now have ghettos as bad (or worse) as in the US. Like Rosengárd, where the firebrigade and ambulance refuse to go in without police escort, and where the police go in with minimum two cars at (single police patrols gets attacked).

About 85% of Rosengárd is muslim, and in Rosengárd High School, with about a thousand students, only two are born in Sweden.

So basicle, we have no control at all who is here and not, we pretty much give anyone a swedish passport.
    Last edited by Kadagar_AV; 10-21-2008 at 10:41.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast