Thread: Romani CTD 256BC Moving screen

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

Default Romani CTD 256BC Moving screen

Hey Bovi, came up against a new CTD problem for you to solve (I presume its new, I've not seen it during a couple of searches I did).

This is in my Romani Campaign. 256BC. Last AI turn ends, my turn again. As soon as i move the camera it CTD's. I have tried with and without the script activated, simply skipping my turn and ending turn, all CTD as soon as the camera moves. The annoying thing is this is the third of fourth time I have rerun this campaign. I came up against this problem first around 257ish, same problem. After leaving it for a couple of months, I revisitied the campaign, restarting it about 6-7 years back. Now its 256 BC, and I have the same problem, and with 7 odd years you can see there has been a different line of events, so it cant be something I'm doing.

I have several minimods installed, none of which have seemed to cause any problems thusfar, or in other campaigns, where I have managed to get further than 256 BC. I obviously cannot search the map for any problems without moving the camera, so I'm a bit stuck to be honest. Would definately appreciate some help. Tanks in advance.

http://www.axifile.com?9783296 see if it happens when you try it
    Last edited by /Bean\; 10-23-2008 at 10:21.
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Default Re: Romani CTD 256BC Moving screen

It's now also happening in my Mak campaign. I can move around the map by using the minimap, but when the turn ends the camera has to follow AI movement, which crashes it. Can anyone help?
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    + =
    [/CENTER]

I don't think I've heard of crashes immediately upon panning the campaign map before. Your savegame is useless though, as you have several minimods installed. Similarly, you'll be unable to use the validation or try a plain EB installation to see if those minimods cause the problem . I have no solution for you.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Fair enough, thanks for trying Bovi. I didnt know minimods affected the save game files. I'll bear all this in mind. I guess i'll just start afresh again.
    + =
    [/CENTER]

It doesn't affect them in other ways than being savegame incompatible. Some aren't. But I don't know which you've got, so chances are at least one is not compatible. At any rate, I wouldn't have the same game that you do.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking