Thread: Best mod for a campaign lover

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Question Best mod for a campaign lover

I am currently playing Europa Barbarorum and it is absolutely splendid, but I want to try a new mod. What I liked the most about EB was the quality of the campaign map (such as its new ground and water textures, the numerous resources, the way the cities looked different) and particularly the immensely complex traits system. The campaign map just felt like something out of an entirely new TW game. That is the kind of experience I could not get on some of the other mods I've tried.

I am the kind of person who likes the strategic map more than playing battles, although battles are still important to me as well, so I was just wondering what other RTW mod has the best strategic map/traits system? I want to try a new mod but I do not want to have to bear looking at the same bland RTW campaign map with the same inaccurate traits. Scripting is another thing i would like in a mod. I've heard Fall of the Republic - Rise of the Empire is pretty good and that 58BC: Caesar Imperator utilizes heavy scripting, but how's their overall campaign map like? Any other mods similar to EB?

Bassist, God and Modder Member Thor the Bassist's Avatar

Default Re: Best mod for a campaign lover

Try something that is set on a totally different time scale/reality - EODII and VI-II for example. EODII has its own make believe map and VI-II is set in dark ages Britain and the surrounding landings of Europe.

Building for the Future of METW

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

I don't like anything that has to do with fantasy, including books, games, movies, etc, to tell you the truth. I do understand that those fantasy mods have the most unique feel to them, but they just not something I would play. Is there any other historical mods that I would enjoy?
    Last edited by Aemilius Paulus; 10-26-2008 at 19:35.

Roma Surrectum was one of my top 3 RTW mods its got 0 turn movement so army sizes are epic and invasions as more realistic if you choose to invade with a large force 3+ stacks. The strat map is by far the best out of every mod ive played the detail(comparable to M2tw) and size is awesome, Romans are especially entertaing with personalized legions for different cities i think its like 50 legions or so. try it if you havent so far.
    Son of the Glorious Empire of Croatia
    traits: Distrusts Hairy Middle-Easteners, Reverant, Austere, True Roman.