Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Story of Souls: A Sweboz AAR

Rampant psychopath Member Olaf Blackeyes's Avatar

Default Re: The Story of Souls: A Sweboz AAR

And now for a treat
    Chapter Thirteen:Broken (Part Five)
    (From the Latin book:)
    Spring 237BC
    As i write these words i can feel the life being slowly sucked out of me by recent events. My wife has died, killed by the bastard Germans at Roma. As for Roma herself.....it has been nearly obliterated. When i arrived nearly four days after the battle in the woods, i saw fire and death all over the place. What survivors we found were badly shocked by what had happened during the fall. During the latter stages of the fight the Temple of Mars, where nearly half of the people within the city had taken refuge, EXPLODED and set half the city on fire. This outright killed 70000 people, and then fire began to rain from the sky. Many of the senators have died and what is left of the Senate is trying to et me to sue for peace. I WILL NOT GIVE IN TO FEARS OF SUCH STUPID THINGS!!!!! Not after what happened to my wife and family. This was all done by that feathered whore, I KNOW IT! I WILL KILL her one day. The Germans fled before our grave wrath but the damage had been done. Roma burned for ten weeks. All in all 190000 good Romans died in the aftermath. We were forced to recall all the Romans in Greece. However things were complcated by the Eporoite bitch Alexandra. She chose that moment to attack our retreatinf forces by cutting the Legio XXXI off from the rest of the army and civilians. The battle took place on a snow-swept plain in the middle of winter. Both armies formed up but she put all of her cavalry and herself on the right, while on the left she put those copycat Liegonaires, the Theruopmkai. In the center were her planagitais. The battle began with her marching her whole army forward. Our army, under a juinor leader, was ready for battle but the commander was an imbeclie. The fist to meet were the copycats and two maniples of Hastatii.

She met our next set of forces. The Campainian Cavarly we sent along.

They didnt last more than a few seconds.

However our commander made a large mistake here. Instead of holding down her long-spears and THEN trying to flank the enemy, he surged a groups of slingers with several maniples of his best troops. This made the bitch turn nearly all of her army as i think our commander had hoped. But it backfired upon him. Her cavalry made short work of several maniples right there.

And the bitch tied down almost HALF the Legion with her lightest troops. This made the men easy target for the turning spearmen. Our young fool decided to tr and halt them before they could surrond our forces. She saw this and attacked him head on. His cavalry was destroyed and he was killed within minutes. This gave her free reign over nearly all of the battlefield. And her spearmen kept turning our flanks and breaking them.

She did this so much that it took her no time at all to break much of our army.

In the end it was an utter disaster.

However the rest of our forces, under Constantine, manage to escape Greece on the fleet at the port of Athens. They returned and everyday we rebuild Roma back to her former glory. After they left it took the bitch no time at all to reclaim all of Greece under her banners. But then she showed nearly everyone around he how much of a genius she is. She charged her forces north and in a seiers of stunning victories beat several tribal armies all the way up to the Danube River which she claimed as her northern border. This took her 2 months to do. What the Eporoites are up to now i have no clue. But we have been unable to secure a peace with them. In fact along our entire border there is no peace. Up in the north the Germans are staring at us with hate filled eyes but are far too busy on other fronts to attack us. We are currently trying to negotiate a peace with them. I can only hope it is successful. For even if i wish all Germans dead i cannot have that with so many other much more pressing isssues to deal with. However i will still have my revenge one day. I SWEAR IT!!!!!
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 11-15-2008 at 17:23.

My own personal SLAVE BAND (insert super evil laugh here)
    My balloons:
    My AAR The Story of Souls: A Sweboz AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=109013

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
    You're fighting against the AI... how do you NOT win?

Rome had 300,000 citizens by that point, though. Oh well.
    What about the senate? Or is Germanicus PIP or something?

I know for a fact that at it HEIGHT Rome had 1 million ppl. also with all the destruction going on around them the fact that i have butchered like 10 of their armies and sacked 7 or 8 cities as well as having that set of disasters in Greece i think that Roma in my timeline would be pretty depopulated however ill look at it again cuz i think u may have a point there.

EDIT: i have adjusted the numbers the population of Roma in my time before the sacking was 250000. so that -190000 should = about 60000-70000 :)
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 11-14-2008 at 00:20.

My balloons:

Alot of story here.
    Chapter Fourteen: Peace in disaster
    (From the runic book:)
    Spring 231BC
    Peace is such a wonderful feeling. I has been a long and bloody road getting here and we have suffered many, MANY reversals. Even when we lost the Po and the Ligurians were wiped from this earth, even when we were forced back into the passes, even when the war finally turned into a brutal stalemate in those passes, we did NOT give up. However it has at long last ended in truce. I hope real peace can follow. This war has lasted to many winters seen too many sons not come home, daughters raped and murdered and familis ripped to shreds.
    I still am VERY concerned about Romani activies though. For while they have been pushing us back under Germanicvs, they have also managed to destabalize and conquer most of Iberia. By use of several VERY good agents and some murdering as i believe, (Most dont think it was murder, at least in Iberia), the nation that was forming in Iberia collapsed. The Romani leader named Constantine landed three legions to "restore order" as he put it. It only took him 6 years to conquer much of the poor fools' lands. By the time they began to unite it was too late. Even though they are not yet fully conquered they will never again be a force to be reconed with. An soon it will end for them.
    Even worse to the west a failed invasion of Gaul by an army from Britian killed the "Verrix" of the Averni, the man whom brought a small measure of unity and peace to Gaul. So soon after he united Gaul, upon his death it all fell apart.

Even though the invasion failed, many tribes of Gaul have declared their freedom, and we are once again trying to stop the many tribes of raiders from attacking our lands. And the Romani have turned their greedy eyes upon Gaul as well. A few armies from their provence at Massalia, have begun to subdue the surrounding tribes. The peace that comes over the conquered tribes makes other "free" tribes wonder if they would not be better of under Romani rule. I simply do not under stand WHERE all these Romani keep coming from. Our spies tell us that there are ten times the number of Romani in the south of Italia as there were in the north and that number grows daily. They have managed to fully rebuilt Roma itself as well. Our spies in Iberia also tell us that the Romani settlers outnumber the remaining Iberians. I do NOT like what all of these portends mean one little bit. Even after we burned Roma, even after all of the killing and destruction. Even after what they did to me and my little ones, it was all a drop in the bucket to them. All of this was meaningless ((there are tearstains here)),a waste, pointless. Ive tried my hardest to secure a place for my people.But i cannot stop such a juggernaught that a "Roman Empire" like that would entail. I mean Germania is a powerful state in its own right. But the combined resourses of ALL of Western Europe against us would probably overwhelm us. So peace is our only hope.
    The only real good news within this time is that a winter ago, we subdued the Goth pirates that had been raiding our coasts since before we were united. The last of the German rebel tribes has been brought into our empire, and we are all better for it. Also the amber trade has been flourishing as of late. Our people grow wealthy as the Gauls, Romani, Britons, and even people as far away as the Eporoite Empire and Akkadia are order our amber-glass works.
    Oh that reminds me. The Eporoites, under their greatest Heroine, Alexandra, have conquered much of Mikra Asia and made it into their own lands by virtue of the MANY Greek settlers that have migrated there over the centuries. Their conquests stopped just short of Antiouchus, due to the fact that she had to deal with the Haidisan people as well at that point. Pontos has not survived, unfortunatley. But such is the way of the world i suppose. She has turned out to be a very capable administrator and has done her best to unify the Greek peoples. On that front she has had much success. The only bad spot is the area know as Galatia. This area is populated by celts the migrated there over 70 winters ago. I hope she can handle them. We also sent her envoys of congradulations for she will soon have her first child. We hope that there will be peace between our peoples.
    To the east of Germania our armies have finally begun to subdued the Eastern Celts and the Balts. In fact we recieved a report last week here, at the palace, that told us the great city of Brandoum surrendered after a three year siege by my uncle, the high king. This has given us a border with the long standing Getian Confederation, within the Iron Sky Mountains and the plains that surround them. A result of many of these conquests has had many Celts migrating towards Galatia. They are being peaceful at the moment, for they are submitting to the Eporoite authorities, but it could turn violent any day before they get there. I hope that it does not.
    Meanwhile much closer to home, i have had the joy of watching my two little ones grow up. Jurgowulfaz will become a great warrior someday if his training keeps going so well. He is a strong young man with skill any bit as good as that of his father. However my little jewel, Methenalasa will never be able to see, no matter how much healing i try to give her she just cant get her eyes to work. However she i a powerful seer and will make a wonderful addition to the Runic-Hand one day. And i will soon celebrate my 40th winter of life. I cant feel myself starting to slow down. However i am assured that i do not look any older than 20 winters due to the large amounts of magics within me. My husband and i are very happy together even if we have not had anymore children, though not for lack of trying. But i still hope. However i must go for now, a Hand seer needs my help with some students.
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 11-17-2008 at 05:23.

My balloons:

btw im having a little trouble deciding what to do next with this AAR. the choices im stuck on are:
    1. EPIC world war (Roman Empire vs Germania vs Eporoite Empire)
    2. British wars (Roman Empire vs United Britain)
    3. Roman Civil war (Details here are secret)

Plz tell me which ones u think is good

My balloons:

Chapter Fifteen:Anger
    Summer 231BC
    Well news is in from the north. We are at peace with the German monsters, at least for now. In the meanwhile Constantine has put down the last organized Iberian resistance to Roman rule. So the rich resources of the Peninsula will be ours to use. All the minerals and metals of their mines will come to Roman foundries, to be turned into weapons, armor and other such nessacery implements. I would wish to use this newfound wealth and power to continue the war. I turned the tide against the German at the Auline pass, again at the Selecine Bridge on the River Po, and again at Segesta. In spite of ALL of these victories, the Germans survive as a people. I WANT THEM DEAD!!!! I want to see their swamps and forests turn red with their own blood. I want them to drown in it. But no the Senate says do not anger them for we need more man power and time, as well as more resources to fuel such a war.I DO NOT CARE WHAT SUCH OLD FOOLS WANT!!!! Even Constantine says to wait on it. Pah! What does he care, none of HIS family were butchered at Roma, none of his family were killed. In fact he has been far too successful as of late for my tastes. I must deal with him at some point, but now is not that time, for i dont have enough support from the Plebian mob to take him down. Right now we are both vying for whom gets to take command of the Gaulish conquests. I think the Senate is leaning towards Constantine. He has always been the old mens' lapdog, doing as they ask, giving them what they want. I guarantee you that if they said "Give your daughters to us to use." he would do it. Well one day i will become greater than all of these idiots. And once they are out of the way i WILL deal with the German filth, PERSONALLY!!!! And when i find that feathered whore.....OH what i will do to her!! She WILL pay, PAY for what she has done to the Roman people, done to my family, DONE TO ME!!!!!!
    Well on a happy note my only surviving daughter, Julia, has reached the age where i can marry her to someone important. If i manage that well enough i can move up SIGNIFICANTLY within the power structure of Roma. I also have adopted two sons, Gaius Marius and Terrorus Hailis. Both of these young men are a fine addition to the Gens Germanicvs. I am having Gaius sent on a punitive expedtion to North Africa, Carthago has become vernurable due to serveral revolts within it Numidian allies and protectors. This may allow us to finally finish them off. Maybe then i can get the approval and funding i need for war. I have under my direct command at this point three legions, Legio III, Legio VI, and Legio IX. To take on Germania i would need 20 more legions and tons of money, PERIOD.
    These Germans think our peoples at peace. HA!! They will NEVER see peace so long as i draw breath. All this is is an interlude, a calm before the storm. When the storm breaks, hell will open its doors upon them!!!

Autumn 231BC
    Its official. I am not to be in charge of the Gaulish conquest. That honor has been given to the Gens Corvos. That fool Constantine had better do a good job for if he fails i will have to deal with them myself, a task i would rather save for the Germans. Meanwhile in the south young Gauis has done well. He has taken Atiqa, the last of the allied Carthagoian states. He has also begun in earnest the conquest of the Numidian states. Most of the African coast is in our hands. However we still have to take Carthago itself. I am sending the Legio III to do that. After two wars over Sicily with them we will FINALY put an end to the Carthagoian threat. This is wonderful news for the populace of Roma. As i ride the streets everyday in my chariot, i can hear the Plebs say my name with awe and wonder. I am getting closer everyday, closer to my goals. Germania will burn one day, i promise.
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 11-15-2008 at 18:11.

My balloons:

Note to self: Elephants+City battle=Death
    Chapter Sixteen: Endgame
    Spring 230BC
    Ah victory is sweet. Just last week Gaius sent me news that he had taken Carthago. It was a hard fight but for his forst true command he did admirably. After we took the place we burned it down to get revenge for the first two wars, and their terrible losses. There will be a Roman city built upon its place. Here is the report of the battle.
    After a nearly year long siege he finally got the man power to storm the walls. The armies formed up upon a lovely summers day.

The army commanded by Gaius was one that had faced death and adversity many, many times. The Carthagoains were mainly militia and other troops that were worthless. However there were two exceptions. First was a unit of Superb Elite African phalanx infantry.

Secondly was a unit of Elephants, a staple of all Carthagoain armies by this time.

As the battle got under way, we began with a sneak attack. The only siege tower we had was pushed to a point far from any enemy troops to facilitate the climb of our Triarii. This was so that we could sneak our elites up and over before the enemy could react.

At about the same time several ladder units came under heavy fire from the few Numidain slingers still loyal to the Carthagoains. However all of them made it to the walls without too many casualties. At the same time the ram made it to the gates.

((This is the first time in my EB gameplay that a ram has made it up to a stone wall. I was AMAZED.))
    While the ram was breaking down the gates, another unit of Hastati began to dig under their walls. However up on the wall two maniples of Hastati and a maniple of Princepes were having a firece fight with the Numidain slingers.

It was tough but they were winning so it wasnt a big concern of mine. However it did take them longer to kill some slingers than i thought it would. However as i watched the fight up top the walls to the left of the gatehouse collapsed. The miners did their work well.

After the walls collapsed and the gates broke. I ordered my men into the settlement. Right off the bat we faced off against a few units of militia. We also faced down the Elite Africans. It was a short but hard fight.

This fight i got into myself, as my legionaires held their attention, i charged home into THEM. I took a few times but in the end they broke and were butchered.
    In the meanwhile my Trarii and several mainples of heavy infantry snuck around the main fight to the center of the city and began a fight at the town square. It was harder due to the fact that the militia units would not surrender before our obvious victory.

Our next true test were the Elephants, though. These big creatures are fearsome to behold. However i ordered my Velites to start lobbing their javelins at the fools. It didnt take very long for some to go down. Then i saw a man in rich armor order his elephant to feel. The rest followed suit.

I realsied that this man was their Sophet or leader. I was estatic. If i could capture or kill this man it would end any Carthagoain nation and all resistance to Roman rule. I ordered my troops in pursuit.
    When the few remaining Elephants went to the center of town they were greeted by a wall of spears. Most walked right into them. And of course the one with the Sophet aboard went down and fell on top of the poor fool. He died instanly.

The heart drained from his men instantly, i could tell. Soon only one elephant was left. I knew it was only a matter of minutes before it too fell, for it was full of holes and it was bleeding. So i order my men to ignore the poor thing and finish off the remaining militia, while the slingers killed the elephant. However when they tried to do so, something horrible happened. The elephant apperently went berserk.

((Time for oh crap!))
    It began to charge through my men like butter kill EVERYTHING it could see.

((OK time for an
    INTERMISSION
    I once read that if u ever had a group of elephants in a city you should avoid them. I think it was in Chureigon's Lusotannan AAR. Let me tell you folk he was right! I mean the one remaining elephant in this part of the battle went berserk and went on a killing rampage. ONE elephant = 1/3 of a legion dead. I shit you not! In fact when i saw what was going on i almost shit myself. One elephant killed 400+ men. I watched amazed and only managed to get one screenshot of the carnage (Ty fraps for chosing that moment to @$@! up on me).

It was EXACTLY like Churiegon described it to be, some kind of sick bowling match. Human pins flying everywhere.
    And heres the aftermath.

And before you ask NO this is NOWHERE NEAR THE WORST PART!! This was the only clean part of the battlfield though. In fact i can guarntee you that if i removed the building to the left it would double the number of bodies, and including a third of my Triarii. Truely the worst part was the area where most of the men were fighting right behind the dead elephant cuz it went through ten ranks of my own men before it died. So to anyone who says elephants suck, YOUR WRONG. ONE elephant= 400+ men. Thank you for your time.
    END OF TRANSMISSION (Chaotic static sounds) ))

It went left then right then left then right again. My horse paincked and fled carrying me with it till i fell off The worst part of the leftover carnage was the area just behind its body. It went through ten full ranks of Samite Hastati and Pricepes and THEN thorugh a rank of Carthagoain militia before one of the militia spears pierced its heat killing it instantly.

The battlefield had turned into utter chaos. However too many of the enemy where dead to take advantage of it. In the end it was bloody but a victory no the less.

And so Carthago fell. I am ordering its complete plundering and desruction as i write this. I will rebuild a Roman city here. and it will be a great city.

From my junior's notes it appears to be a hard fight. However he still won an important victory. So he will be rewarded. Also i must learn how to make elephant go on a killing spree like that for future use. But for now i must leave off, there are reports that need to be filed and work that needs to be done.
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 11-15-2008 at 23:49.

My balloons:

Does anyone know how to make a poll?

My balloons:

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Wow, you're updating this a lot.

(Polls are made by scrolling down from the text portion of starting a new thread and it will have a poll option box.)

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

Yeah, posts can't keep up with you
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

What can i say i got lots of time on my hands

EDIT btw i really do need help decideing between those options from above. ill implement one once teh Romans kill Gaul
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 11-16-2008 at 06:38.

My balloons:

So, to make a poll, you would need to create a new thread. Just scroll down until you see "Additional Options", and you'll see the poll options.

Ehehe, I hope you don't get upset, but I sort of made the poll for you.
    Last edited by desert; 11-16-2008 at 07:27.

Aw thanks desert

My balloons:

OK TIME FOR AN
    INTERMISSION
    I think it is time i gave a full explanation of how magics work due to their increasing influence upon the course of battles, as well as a full list of magics within the world itself.

The Rules for magic
    1.The magic a person uses is only as good or bad as the person using it. It is a tool nothing more. To be perfectly honest the flows of magic would rather be left alone than changed in any way.
    2.If a person become powerful enough with magic it will manifest itself as new physical traits (Horns, wings, tails and in extreme cases new bodies entirley). This is a rare occurence to be said truthfully due to the vast amounts of power that need to gather within a person for it to take control of their cellular sturcture and modify it so that the magics are far more efficient and cannot harm the body as easily.
    3.Magic must either be granted by a god or demon, or be learned from someone whom has done the above. This is due to the fact that human cannot normally see the flows of magic around them unless inspired to do so.
    4.Mortals cannot raise the dead with magics, for looking into the Abyss will be enough to take ANY mortal soul into it as well.
    5.There is a difference between the types of fighting you can use magic for. Magic vs magic duel can be fought from far away, even so far as the other side of the world. This is why magicians have Shields. To protect them from the machinations of other magicians unless in VERY close proximity. Then it is possible to see through the shield and lauch a direct assault upon your foe. The other type of fighting with magic is magic vs non-magical objects, people, ect. When a person using magic tries to influence a non-magical object or force or person it takes MUCH more energy to make the flows of magic harden and affect the physical world in the way the the magician wants. So say you see a group of enemies and you want to burn them alive. You must use you will as a seer to take some of the magic flows and Harden them into a raw material for fire. Then create and dispence the fires over said target. How much control over the magic you have depends on how "Hard" you make the flows you are using.
    Flows of magic.
    These are energy sources that under normal circumstances are NOT avalible to normal mortal beings. They usually have no effect upon the physical world. Only in the presence of a skilled magic user can they be influnced to do things like lift heavy objects, cause transformations, burn stuff, make ppl explode, and other such amazing things. It can take a normal mortal many years to get the proper training so its usually a life long commitment. And most mortals cannot use them to their full potential for if they did the magics would destroy their bodies. So they usually also have a weapon at their sides, this is usually a sword due to their lightweight and and close combat only needs, for any magician at long range uses magics not weapons. Even when fighting up close and personal, they streghten thier attack with minor magics that take less time and energy to use than the longer-ranged attacks.
    The types of magic.
    1. Runic magics: This breed of magic is specific to Germans only due to the language barriers of non-Germans. It uses small stone called RuneStones. These RuneStones are filled with magic, and engraved with a word of runic. So if the word for fire is engraved upon a stone all that a seer has to do is project their will as a seer, Or soul as Aluruno has already stated. This type of magic is unquine in that it is TRULEY safe. With other types of magic you cannot tell that you are using far too much until it is too late, the runic magics cannot harm you directly. For the magic is within the RuneStone and not the person. So if you take too much magic it will simply break the RuneStone rather than the person. This makes RuneStones a great training tool for young maigicians. However this limits the person ablilty to use magic EXACTLY as they wish it. For RuneStone cannot think. They are purpose built for ONE specific task. So if you wanted to make fire you would inscribe a Runestone with the word for fire and place your seers will upon the object to burn. Fire will then fall over said object. That is all that will happen. You cannot make the fire twist and turn. You cannot make the fire spin or target certain individuals. All the RuneStone will do is create fire around the area you specify. There are way to make the magic more advanced. One way is to create RuneStones that let you see the flows of magic directly. This allows for much for freedom with the magics. However it is more dangerous as this adds the person back into the magical balance. So only expert seers of the Empire of Germania are given these types of RuneStones. There can be other forms of this type of magic if a culture has a written word that has the ability carry flows of magic.
    2.Shamanic/Animistic magics: This is the most primitive form of magic. It has been in use since before the days of the Old Kingdom of Egypt, and the Babylonian Empire of Sargon. This is usually divided into elemental forms of power, Fire, Earth, Water, and Air. These are usually directly given to a follower of a god with control over said elements. For the Egyptians it the godess Nile whom gave them these magics. For the Babylonians it was he gods Tigris and Euphrates. The actual process of using the magic boils down to using your will as a seer to influence the power of nature that is within your domain. Ie. creating wind gusts and tornadoes from air, burning a city from a bonfire, creating a flood with a river, breaking the earth under a city wall to bring it down. This type of magic while powerful is easy to counter by more modern methods. As such it has mostly been abandoned by the "Civilized" powers of the world. However many tribal cultures still use this type of magic to great effect.
    3.Arcanioi: This is an INCREDIBLY powerful form of magic that can take YEARS of study just to comprehend. These flow make up the base for almost all other types of magics. They are raw energy, impossible to counter or deflect with any kind of shielding spells. You use the actual energy by gathering the power within your hand using your will. When enough power is gathered point a finger at a person and let go. The power travels through air and hits the target HARD, usually vaporizing it near instantly. It creates very flashy effects when you do this. It also causes large amounts of damage to the surrounding area. It can also be used to power large requirements of energy, you just have to gather it a LOT slower. You can then syenthisize it into fuels and pure energy for all of your daily needs. Many devices within the "Civilized" world use this magic as their powers source. From the lights within city walls to cooking ovens to even the humble processes of cleaning.
    4.Violur: This is the process of Hardening magics to do your biding. This and Shamanism are the two most common magic types in the world, for they are both easy to understand and simple to use. It works much the same way as Shamanism except you dont influence magics, you take control of them, forcing them to do your bidding. This allows for far more control at the expense of far more energy expenditure. So instead of just mastering one element you can use them all.
    5.Demonicaia: This type of magic is evil. It feeds off of lost souls and bad thoughts and deeds. When you use it it turns you slowly from a good person into a neutral person and finally an evil person. It is possible to gain massive amounts of power with these methods. You must sacrfice the souls of other in order to gain power over the flows of magic. And it will always turn you into a demon. This type of power also mainfests itself when you grows scales and demonic features upon your body, as well as having power over blackfire, body transformation and the thoughts and minds of weaker people around you. As this outcasts ALL people with said affliction upon them apart from their native people, the wielders of this magic usually expend magic to look like all the other humans or whatever spieces they were originally.

This concludes my wall of text on magics. I hope you all enjoy the read.
    END OF TRANSMISSION (Chaotic static sounds)
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 11-16-2008 at 21:07.

My balloons:

Ever play KOTOR or Fable?

Thanks for the balloon, btw. I thought you would get pissed off!
    Last edited by desert; 11-16-2008 at 18:52.

NP at al dude i wont get pissed off cuz that acutally helps me out so its cool
    also no ive never played Fable but i have read about it on wikipedia
    and what game is KOTOR?

My balloons:

Knights of the Old Republic. It's just that your magic system seemed somewhat familiar.

Ok Time for an

INTERMISSION
    A history of Earth (Part One)
    10000BC
    Humans in the areas of the Fertile Cresent and the Nile Delta settle into small villages due to the rich amounts of food their, unlike previous generations that were completely nomadic hunter-gatherers, these human have a small but steady source of food.
    8000BC
    Humans settle in the southern areas of Asia Mikra, at a place called Catal Huyuk. The humans of the Fertile Cresent develop the first types of cultivated plants and domesticate animals, to supplement the sources of food that have run out over the centuires. This quickly spreads to the Nile Delta as well, for pretty much the same reasons.
    5000BC
    A Great Flood devastates much of the world. The lower sections of the Fertile Cresent dissappear under the tides of death becoming what is today the Persian Gulf. This forces the humans in the regions to migrates northwards along the river, where they come in contact with humans fleeing south from the Anti-Taurus mountains due to the Flood as well. Catal Huyuk, once a great center of culture and knowledge is completely destroyed. The flood does inundate parts of the Nile Delta, but nowhere nearly as bad as the Fertile Cresent disaster. However this still convinces many of those on the Delta to move southwards.
    4000BC
    Within the Fertile Cresent the two previous cultures combine peacefully to from a new culture, Sumer.
    These Sumerians found the first true cities of humanity. They are Ur, Uruk, and Lagash. To the southwest the peoples of the Nile begin to coalese into a new culture. This is due to their discoverey of magic at its most primitive. The story goes that one day a little boy was playing along the riverbanks when he fell in. Even though the people of this village looked and looked fpr him he was never found. He has been saved however by the godess Nile for she had fallen in love with the boy. He grew up within her palace at the base of the great river. When he finally became a man she slept in lust with him. They sired two children together. Upon these children were the gifts of the river as well as humanity. However in time the man grew homesick. The godess understood and sent him back to his village with their two children. When he returned he was greeted with surprise and joy, for his family had thought him dead. However when he told them his story he was not believed at first. Then he summonded his two children. When the children showed their prowess to the villagers all disbelief vanished. The river was declared sacred and the godess Nile was worshiped by all of the villagers. She rewarded them for their beliefs with many children, much food, and powers over the magics of water. In time the village grew into a city, called Memphis. From this city many of the other people of the Lower Nile were conquered into a kingdom. The Upper Nile formed along similar lines except they had no magics for they did not believe the Nile was a godess. However soon they begin to do so, for magic spreads across the world at an unbalievable pace.
    3500BC
    The humans along the Indus River in India and the Yellow River in China form their first cultures and cities. Farming also spreads to them as well. Along the Nile the Great king Scorpion, unties the Lower Nile and Upper Nile together to form a single kingdom, Egypt. In the Fertile Cresent the city-states of Sumer clash constantly over border disputes. They also discover magics with the help of an Egyptian sorcerer whos name is unknown to us. The two gods Tigris and Euphrates, whom are brother gods, give to the Sumerians children, food, and the magics of water and air. The Sumerians use this prosperity to invent the wheel, more advance farming techniques, simple math, the concept of barter and wealth, writing and reading, and discover metal working in the form of copper weapons and armor. This spreads to much of humanity through the trade routes along the Levant. They also build great monuments to their gods and build mighty walls of mud-brick to protect themselves. However their two gods are very young and foolish. One day they spy the godess Nile bathing naked within the great ocean. They fall in lust for her and kidnap her to their palace at the deepest part of the rivers, where they both meet underground. They then proceed to rape the godess for ten days each. Of this union is born the godess Ishtar. The two brother take Ishtar as theirs and leave Nile upon the shores of her own river. She curses the two brothers for their arrogance. She makes sure that so long as their rivers' flow, the lands they flow through shall never know peace. And thus it is, for Ishtar being born of such a violent union becomes a godess of sex and war. She encourages the mortals to kill each other, and beds with the strongest of mortals to fullfill her sickening sexual desires. The city of Ur become her holy site, and she can often be seen at her ziggurat-temple, struting about with nothing on at all, and taking men to her chambers whenever she pleases.
    3000BC
    The area of the Levant becomes populated with cities of a people called Cannanites, due to the trade routes that pass through it. The cuture of Sumer falls to its own violent ways and the encouragements of Ishtar. To the north of Sumeria, along the River Tigris a people called the Akkadians found the city of Akkad. Their king is a man named Sargon I. Seeing the weakness of his southern neighbors he invades their city-states and conquers them with ease, creating the first empire in human history, the Akkaidian Empire. Having conquered the Sumerians they then adopt many aspect of the more advanced civilazation and proceed to conquer the rest of the Fertile Cresent. They add their god, Marduk of the Sun, to the expanding Pantheon of the Fertile Cresent. This adds fire to the arsenal of the Akkadian/Sumerian magic. Also they conquer a group of migrating barbarians to the east and take them into the Fertile Cresent area. These powerful warriors serve the Empire as shock troopers.
    2500BC
    One of the greats kings ever know to Egypt dies and a great monument, called a pyramid, upon the Giza plateau is built to be his tomb. This becomes the site of several other pyramids to other kings of Egypt. Within the Empire the death of Sargon I was the end of all the good times, as royal struggles for power over the centuries, have weakened the Empire. However none of the other minor powers within the region dare cross the Empire's might. To the far east, the Chinese built a large kingdom and develop many different types of technologies that the rest of the world wont see for a millinium, due to China's isolation. The Indus peoples Also found a large kingom however they dont develop many new types of anything due to their extreme wealth and extensive trade routes.
    2102BC
    The gods Tigris becomes angry with the people of the city of Akkad for not worshiping him enough over his brother Euphrates. In a fit of rage he sinks the city beneath the ground. However a great heor called Gilamesh manages to fit off the gods minions and save most of the citizenry. The citizens move south and with the help of Marduk and Euphrates found a new great capital of the Empire, the city of Babylon. A great ziggurat-temple to Marduk is built within the city, and life begins as normal again. Meanwhile in the Levant a people called the Urgurites invade Caanan. After many years of death the barbarians flee the lands back into the desert.
    1903BC
    The worst set of winters ever seen by humans causes much death and starvation among the peoples of the world. For almost 20 years there is no summer. Ice makes its way into the Nile and even into the deserts of Arabia. So as the world recovers barbarians begin to move south En Masse. A light-skinned people of barbarians called Indo-Europeans migrates from the steppes of Asia, and splits into five tribes while moving in three different directions. The tribe called Arians attacks the people of the Indus valley, and conquers the weakened kingdom with ease. They then conquer the people of the Ganges river as well forming many new peoples of India. They also move father south down the subcontient destroying all of the old peoples in the way. Soon they conquer everything on the subcontient. But they divided futher into other tribes as they go. They also establish a religion called Hinduism, where there are many gods in one. Another Indo-european tribe called the Iranians move into the plateaus and mountains east of the Tarus Mountains and split into serveral more tribes as well. Another group of Indo-europeans called the Hitties attack the Empire directly. However the current King of Akkadia barely manages to ward them off. As a result they invade the Mikra Asia. They found a kingdom of their own that remains united. They also invent many things, like chariots but most importantly they invent Bronzeworking. This technology spreads like wildfire among the peoples of the trade routes. The last two tribes of Indo-europeans invades a sparsely populated Europe and begin to settle everywhere, destroy what few cultures that they find there.
    1844BC
    The Hitties become and empire by conquering many of the tribes around their city of Hattsua. They then use the new resources to conquer all the way to the Aegean Sea int the west and all the way to the Medditerainian Sea in the south. However they also discover another way of performing magics. Due to the lack of a Great River within Mikra Asia there is no god/godess avaible to get their magics from. So one day a sorcerer, whose name has been struck from history due to his evil, is expirimenting with what minor magics are at his command, at a camp for criminals to be put to work for the empire. The man is trying to make his magic stronger. He then stumbles upon a dying criminal. The man knew that the power within a person left them when they died. So he wondered if he could harness that power. He chanted a spell that inadvertently sucked the mans soul out. It increase his power tenfold. This man became the first demon right then and there. He soon discovered the side effects of using this magic and how to use it properly. He soon became far more powerful than the court magicians and supplanted first them and then the king, delcaring himself king using his magical prowess to enslave the people of the Hittite Empire to his will. He then began to expand the empire once again spreading these foul magics to many parts of his empire that were already conquered.

My balloons:

A history of Earth (Part Two)
    1549BC
    The Hittite Empire controls 2/3 of Mikra Asia and all of Syria. This brings them into direct contact with the Levant and the Akkadian Empire as well. Due to long standing rivalries and the differences in culture, war is a near constant thing between the two empires, the most common site being the west bank of the River Euphrates. The Hittites also attempt to conquer the Levant. However the Egyptians, whom also have interest in this area, beat them to the punch. War here is more on and off than it is near the western Euphrates. Also a people called ther Phonecians split off from the Caanaites. They built several city-stats along the coast of Caanan. They are Tyre, Biblos, Ascalon, and Durigos. They develop a STRONG seafaring tradition, and spread across the Mediteranian Sea founding trade colonies. They also invent the modern method of ship building. However they are soon caught up in the wars in the region. Their cities are mostly conqured by Egypt.
    1302BC
    Within the confines of Modern Greece and Krete, two cultures developed. They were the Minoans and the Myceneans. They were experts in the use of bronze and the throwing spear. Also the Minoans were great ship builders, controling most of the Aegean Sea and the trade and culture of the Myceneans. In Egypt a new writing material, parchment, has been invented. And within the Levant and the western Euphrates bank there is still more war and death.
    1274BC
    There is a great battle, the first recorded in history as being a battle so great. Outside the walls of an important city called Kadesh-on-the-Orotes, the army of the Hittie Empire faces off against the armies of Egypt. The battle was hard and in the end both armies were destroyed. The battle began with the Egyptian king Ramses II attempting to take the walls of what he though an unprepared town, with barely a fourth of his army with him. The Hittite King Mutawalli III burtally ambushed the second division of the Egyptian army then pinned the first against the walls of Kadesh. However Ramses II manages to escape with the help of some mercinaires from Caanan. As he fled the Hittite charoits followed him. It was then that the third Egyptian division came upon the scene. They attacked the Hittite chariots and drove them to the river Orotes. Many of the chariots were destroyed in the flight or abandoned at the river. The next day the infantry got into the fight for the Hittites. Theybroke most of the outmanned thrid division, however the last divisionarrived at that moment and drove the wear Hittite infantry back. The battle ended after that for niether king want to commit his last reserves due to the fact that if they lost they had no support for their kingdoms. So a peace was signed. In Greece the Minoans are thrown off of the mainland by the Myceneans.
    1103BC
    The invasion of the Sea Peoples begins. The weakened kingdoms of the Hitties and Egyptians come under attack. While the Egyptians are able to beat them out to sea, their kingdom becomes so weak it collapses from within into city-states. The evil Hittite Empire is obliterated, its name wiped from the histories, and its magics destroyed or scatered to the four winds. The Minoans and Myceneans are overun by the Sea Peoples as well.
    800BC
    A full blown Dark Age has ensued over most of the known world. The only surviving center for sanity and knowledge is the Akkadian Empire. However they are under constant attack, whether its by barbarians, the remnants of former nations, or some combination of the two. In Europe many tribes are beinging to form. A culture of people called Celts, forms and spreads all over the contienent. In the far north a people called the Nords begin to form thier cultures. In Phoniciea Princess Dido flees Tyre after her brother the king tries to kill her and kills her husband, the High Priest of Baal. They go west and found a town they call Kart-Hadast. And on the shores of an Italian river, a city is being built that will one day rule much of everything.
    567BC
    The Dark age comes to any end as the Akkadian Empire soares to new heights. They conqured Egypt, the Levant, Syria, and even Mikra Asia. All of this is done by one person, their high king Sargon VIII. He magages to pull most of the world out of the darkness. In Greece new cities rise from the dust. They are Athenai, Sparte, Corinthos, Thebias, and Delphia. It is a culture divided by tribal and city-state loyalties. However noone else wants their lands so it is allowed to go on. In Italy the Romans work hard to unity Latium under their banners. In the rest of Europe the early celtic culture has imploded and become tribal once again. And in Skandia the Nords begin their migrations south, due to climate change.
    400BC
    By this point Greece as become a major player on the world stage. They beat back 2 Akkadian invasions and brought the studies of math, science and art to a height not ever seen among humanity. As theor culture grew they established colonies in Italy, Gaul, and the Black Sea shores. They also established cities throughout Mikra Asia. They also discovered the Arcanioi form of magic flows. And using it they developed many new forms of technology. However their infighting has gotten far worse, and now other seek to take over their lands and knowledge.
    340BC
    Makedonia, to the north of Greece, is united by Phillip II. He then goes on to conquer Greece and bring the whole area under his control. He has plans to conquers Akkadia as well. Meanwhile in Italy, Rome has conquered many of their opponents for regional supremeacy and are currently fighting a people called the Samnites for dominance. And in the Fertile Cresent portens of yet more death precede the people everywhere.
    322BC
    Megas Alexandros III, becomes king of Makedon after the murder of his father. He restablishes control of Greece, then in a huge upset invades the Akkadian Empire. His first real battle is at the river Granicus just on the other side of the Bosphourus. It was a shattering victory. He then marched through Mikra Asia with no opposition. He met his next battle at the River Issus. This time it was against the King of Akkadia, Mistrophes XXVIII. After a full day of battle, the Akkadians are crushed like bugs. He then proceedes to take the Levant and Egypt. While in Egypt he is declared a god. He then Marches upon Akkadia itself. It takes him five YEARS of horrific fighting to just supress the Akkadian people, and a three year siege of Babylon to end it all. The Akkaidan Empire which had stood unconquered for thre mellinia finally fell, to the armies of a god. He then moves on to conqurer the Iranians and the peoples of outer Asia and Baktria. However when he get to the Indus river his army revolts refusing to go any farther. With a sigh he marches for home. However on the march home he comes down with a fever. As he slowly fades his army makes it to Media, just east of Akkad. He then proceedes to make a speech for his troops before he passes on. However before he can begin a GREAT light appear around him. His body then disappears, leaving behind only his clothes and armor. His new empire implodes as his generals, now called Successors, fight each other for control. The Akkadians take this chance to revolt and nearly succeeeded. However the general Seleucios Nikator puts the rebels down. He then conqueres half of Alexandros's empire from Syria to Aria. Ptolomey takes Egypt as his own and Antingos Agredes takes much of Makedon as his own.
    272BC
    (You can read this above)

END OF TRANSMISSION (Chaotic static sounds)
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 11-17-2008 at 07:57.

My balloons:

Interesting alternate timeline for the world. Especially that "Akkadian" Empire.

Sorry i havent been posting much but ive been reading other parts of the .org Such as Agent Miles's story and lady Frogg's story in the MH. These are pretty damn good stories i think everyone should try and read them. Ill start posting again as soon as i can

My balloons:

Chapter Seventeen: The Battles of Gaul (Part One)
    (From the runic book:)
    Summer 229BC
    As i write these words my uncle prepares for the inevitable. Someday into the future will may have to go to war with the newly founded Roman Empire. If this was ten winters ago i would have been eager to fight them, in fact i think we ALL would have been. However the disaster in the Po, the utter dissolution of the Ligurians and the loss of terriories south of the Alps, have proven in the most horrific fashion that trying to fight Roma on its own terms would be not only insane but futile. We have also recieved more news of Romani conquests abroad. To their south a people that have had a long standing fued with the Romani, called the Carthagoains, have been wiped from the earth. Also the near unbalievable flood of Romani settlers from the south of Italia continues. Our spieshave counted nearly 1 million familes of Romani have gone to Africa, Hispania, the Po Valley, Romani Illryia and the newly conquered south of Gaul with ever more needing to leave as well. Of Gaul itself there is little good news. There have been three HUGE battles for the control of the south of Gaul. The Gauls have lost all three of them.
    The first we reicved news of was a battle north of Massalia. Two Romani Legions were involved, under the command of a man named Gaius Marius, facing off against a huge warband of Gauls under the command of a petty warchief named Piso.

The Gaul brought along many of their mystic men, called Druids, to try and strenghten the resolve of their men. These Druids use magics much like our seers do. However they have their flow vision pattern burned into their skin rather than use viewing RuneStones. All i can say is that they have DEDECATION to their arts.

In spite of their incredibly brave efforts, it simply was not enough to stop in tide of Romani warriors. And when their warchief fell it unraveled quickly.

In the next two great battles, the Gauls were under the command of twin brothers whom served the Averni tribe. Their names were Cocolitanos and Adcodravto In spite of the death of their Verrix having broken Gaul apart once again, this tribe contiues the fight for its survival. The first battle was just of the other side of the great Humins Mountains that split Gaul from Hispania. The Romani were under the command of a man named Constantine or some such.

It was a total disaster for the Gauls. The second battle didnt go very much better.

He is reported to be one of the greatest generals of the Romani, comparable to Germanicvs himself, and for good reason. it is a terrifiying prospect to face two of such men at once. However our spies tell us that there is some tension between the two men. I have ordered our spies to do their best to disrupt the relations between the two. However it is not likely to have an effect soon enough to save the Gauls, even as a buffer.
    As a result of these battles the great Gaulish city of Burgidalia as well as the town of Tousdia fell incredibly quickly.

After those towns fell, the Legio II was split into three columns to take the entire Gaulish west coast over the Autumn before the cold set in. They succeded admirably, for it only took them three weeks to march north subduing numerous Gaulish villages and even mauling a small Gaulish ambush force without struggle.

Eventually the lead part of the Legion reached the largest town in Armorica ((Brittany)), Bisellan. After building two rams over the course of a month, the siege began. It was not hard to drive the Gauls off their petty wooden palisades. However on the hill in the center of town the Gauls made a heroic stand.

In the end however it was all for naught.

And so the entire west coast of Gaul fell. It was quick, quiet and painless for the Romani.
    In the south of Gaul the Romani forces under Gaius and Constantine are going to meet up at the largest city left standing in Gaul, the capital of the Averni, Gergovia. In a classic pincer move, they will cut off a LARGE portion of the Gaulish army from their major populace base. As a result this will leave ALL of the tribes of Gaul severly weakened. We have begun tosmuggle weapons to the Gaulish tribes upon the other side of the river in case the Averni fail to halt the Romani. I can only hope it is enough.
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 11-20-2008 at 10:18.

My balloons:

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Wow Olaf, you sure have lots of free time! I just wish I had even a bit of yours solely for my own AAR, but then you can't have it all, do you? I haven't read everything you posted lately yet, but I sure will at some point. Good luck further!

Maion
    ~Maion

Well I have just finished reading everything you have written so far. I have to admit this has got to be the most unique AAR I have ever read on these forums. The way you combined an EB campaign with elves and magic makes for an excellent story. I also loved the alternative world history.

Congratulations and keep up the good work

Chapter Seventeen: The Battles of Gaul (Part Two)
    Spring 228BC
    At last! While much of Gaul as already fallen, we have just recieved a report that Gergovia has fallen to our forces. Ill record the reports from Gaius whom has taken the city here.
    As i write this we are pludering Gergovia and taken all of their people prisoner. These Gaulish fools will make great slaves across the Empire. And this victory should just about wrap up whatever resistance the Gauls have left in them. The battle was a hard one, for the Gauls had a huge number of troops within the city walls. It was a truley misty morning far more so than we had expected. We began by send the Triarii upon the walls away from many of their troops, under the cover of the fog.

We also had some of the men digging beneath the walls. We had it set up so that large sections of wall would fall down, and that would be our ticket in.

We had also built a ram and a set of ladders, but the ram didnt last long.

The maniple of men on the ram went instead to get on the ladders when their ram began to burn. However both maniples were under heavy attack. When the ladders finally did reach the wall, the men climbed up it as fast as possible. However at the top there was a surpries waiting for them. Up from behind the ramparts sprang a whole band of Celtic axemen that had been hidden within the mist, who proceeded to crush every man that was Roman on the wall itself. The slaugter was terrible, however this bought time for the miners to birng down a whole section of wall. However the enemy had anticipated this part too, for behind the wall they had a large number of troops ready to take us down as we tried to get through the ruins. Seeing the number of losses that this would inflict upon the two legions that i had under my command i instead order the rest of the army to the other side of the wall, where the Triarii had captured a LARGE portion of wall, many towers , and another gatehouse. They mounted their balistas under the cover of the fog. It would be a deadly surprised for our enemy. As we moved to the other side, so did our enemy.

However the collapsed sections of wall blocked them from easy entry to the captured sections. But the enemy once again infuriated my efforts by putting some of their heaviest swordsmen in front of the captured gates. The Triarii came down from the walls and charged into the backs of these swordsmen, as the rest of the army pourded into the city. This broke the swordsmen. However just as they broke. They fog behind us lifted. Within it had been nearly the entire Gaulish army within the city. However they did not know that the towers were taken yet. The men on the tower balistas were waiting to get as many Gauls within their sights as possible to open fire. When the fog lifted and they charged our lines the balistas opened fire. Half of their army died right there. The rest were so caught up in the charge that they didnt know their brothers behind them were dead. However they soon figured it out and made a run for it. Our cavalry chased them and killed nearly all of them.

Maybe one or two made it back to the city center. We followed them however i split the army to surround what little was left of the enemy of three sides. The enemy general, whom i later learned was the Prince of the Averni, charged his personal guard into one of my sets of men.

All it did was get him killed.

At this point we took their worship ring and found several dozen Druids within. It was these men whom were powering the large amounts of fog around us. While this trick had worked for a while, it eventually became their undoing. Even so we killed them before they had a chance to use their foul powers upon us. Then their last stand began. They had the rest of their heavy swordsmen and a unit of levies with them at the square.

In the end it made little difference. For our victory was complete.

As we burn this city to the ground, i will have a Roman one built in its place. As we have always done Roma WILL conquer all before it.

I smile as i write this for soon we will be done with Gaul. Then, oh THEN!!! Then we will obliterate the Germans. And i will PERSONALLY oversee the torture of the feathered whore-filth. However i must go now, for there are more reports of Gaulish activities that need to be procesed.
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 11-22-2008 at 08:29.

My balloons:

Chapter Seventeen: The Battles of Gaul (Part Three)
    Winter 228BC
    As i sit here and write these words we are approaching the last of the Free Gaulish armiesIt has taken almost three years of constant fighting to destroy or subdue the Gauls. However, now the remaning Gauls are attempting to flee into the Alps, where we will never find them. Only my Legio IX and the northern parts of the Rhone river stand between them and their "freedom". We will stop them when the time comes. There were many battles to get here as well.
    After the fall of Gergovia, the many Legions gathered there split up again to conquer as much as possible before the Gauls could flee again. Mainly the cavalry forces from either Italia, Hispania, or the conqured tribes of Gaul, began to hunt the Free Gauls. There were many minor battles.

We faced many different tribes of Gauls.

Whether in the field....

Or in their pitiful villages.

In the end it mattered little, for we swept them all before us. What few that mangaed to elude us either fled to the Belgae or are in the army ahead of me. We will deal with the Belgae when the time comes.
    Out in the rest of the world much has happened. In Mikra Asia, the people know as the Galatians have utterly revolted and secured their independence from the Eporoite Empire, and that bitch Alexandra. Even as she nurses triplets, she orders her armies to stop the revolts. Further to the east, the Arche Seleukia has been overthrown by its Akkadian subjects. These people then restablish the Akkadian Empire. From Media to Antiochus to start of the Tigris river, the oldest empire in the world has been reborn. To their east the Parthians are trying once again to takes the Fertile Cresent, no matter the cost. Its sad to look at really, i mean these peoples are almost brothers and yet they fight like they are different species.

My balloons:

Chapter Seventeen:The Battles of Gaul (Part Four)
    Spring 227BC
    As i write these words we are marching north, towards the Belgae tribe of Gauls, the last of the free tribes. The battle at the Rhone river crossing was rather quick and easy for a conflict of that magnitude.
    It began at night, with a massive rainstorm in the works. The river was swollen by the rain and the beggings of spring melt.

We formed up on our side of the river in a cresent formation, to cover all of the attacking horde.

The enemy began to form up so it could rush the river and, what they hoped, our unprepared defenses.

As they formed up we could hear their hatred of us and their fear, they cursed us and wished utter death upon our decendants. My scouts could make out thier general forms in the rain. They had their heaviest troops to the fore. I believe those men were going to be a battering ram to break our formation, the other troops to follow behind and finish us off. They began thier charge with a massive roar.

In the front were their armed Druids, their swords aflame, their screams of rage growning louder by the second. Behind them their heavy swordsmen. However when the rest of the horde tried to cross as well, the rivers depth and their sheer numbers forced them to slow down significantly.

Thus they fell behind the "ram". When the ram did hit us they make some headway but colud not keep going due to their lack of numbers. When the rest of the horde did arrive their advance had stalled. The extra men and their sheer weight managed to push us back.However this was only at the center. I noticed that our flanks were pressing them in. I ordered the flanks to surround the poor fools.

They saw this had happened only just after it was complete. Then most of their levies paincked and the streght of their army broke into shreads. Many died right then and there.

Then their final reserves of skirmishers proured across in a desperate attempt to save the rest of their men.

However by then it was too late. They only joined the utter destruction of their peoples hopes for freedom.

We later found out that their Druids were once again responsible for the bad weather. It was once again their attempts to stack their odds that killed them in the end, for the rains had swollen the river and had stopped their levies from coming acroos as fast as planned. Some people never learn. Ah well, their women and children will make great slaves for the Empire. Now we are going up the Rhine river and conquering the west bank for Roma. Along the way we have conquered many minor Gaulish tribes. We have also come across some tribes of German rebels that do not accept the rule of the feathered whore. Most of these tribes surrender immediately. While it would give me great pleasure to kill these German pigs, my orders from the Sentate are to treat any tribes that surrend to us with the utmost respect. This is to encourage the surrender of other tribes. Those idiots in the Senate. They dont know my pain, for most of the filthy bastards fled before the Germans burned Roma in 238. Someday i will kill all of them for this and many other betrayals they have commited against me. However that is for another time and place. For now though i must go. There are more reports that need processing.

My balloons:

I have never seen anyone post so frequently. You must really like doing this. Congratulations

Also the way you use custom battles gives your AAR a unique flexibility. Keep up the good work

I'm confused, weren't this supposed to be a Sweboz AAR?
    Likstrandens ormar som spyr blod och etter, Ni som blint trampar Draugs harg
    På knä I Eljudne mottag död mans dom, Mot död och helsvite, ert öde och pinoplats

Quote Originally Posted by Jaertecken View Post
    I'm confused, weren't this supposed to be a Sweboz AAR?
    Well yes it is but at this point in the story the action has moved away from the Sweboz lands and into Gaul. As soon as Gaul is conquered itll go back to the Sweboz dont worry.

My balloons:

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast