Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Default Re: The Story of Souls: A Sweboz AAR

Good, I was starting to wonder that myself as well :-P

Maion
    ~Maion

Rampant psychopath Member Olaf Blackeyes's Avatar

Great. ok then TO ALL OF MY READERS:
    About this AAR/story, ever since the fourth restart of my campain was savegame corrupted and destroyed i have been using the custom battles feature to continue this AAR/story. This has of course allowed me a LOT more flexiblity in deciding what happens on my "Campain map". In order to advance certain plot elements ive had to take looks from other nations points of view. The most recent incedent of the is of course Gaul. Ive have been RPing the Romani taking over Gaul. As soon as this is done i will be shifting back to Sweboz focus and POV.
    I would also like to take this time to describe the faction layout on my "Campain map"as of 228BC.
    First the EB factions
    regular name (Name i use in game)

Romanoi(Roman Empire)-Holds Italy, Sicily, parts of the Alps just north of the Po River valley, North Africa till Kryene, All of Spain, northern Illryia up to the Danube river and the border with the Eporoites, and Most of Gaul except the lands of the Belgae which are curently under siege; Gaul of course in constant revolt due to the lack of Italian settlers that make up much of Iberia North Africa and Illryia.
    Casse(Briton)-All of Britian and Ireland
    Lusotannan- Dead
    Quartistadim-Dead
    Konion Hellenon-Dead
    Makedon-Dead
    Pontos-Dead
    Arche Seleukia-Dead
    Baktria-Dead
    Sweboz(Germania)-All of Germany Up to the Rhine river in the west, Parts of the Alps just south of the Danube, The north shore of the Danube up to where it takes that HUGE southward bend, about 1/3 of the modern Polish plains(idk their name) beyond which rebels Baltic tribes have the rest, Southern Sweden and Norway, and Denmark.
    Epiros(Arche Eporoitus)- All of Greece, all of Thrace up to the Danube River in the north, Asia Minor up the the Zaragos mountians in the east and the border with Syria; With Galatia in constant revolt, southern Illryia, and the Med sea Islands of Krete, Rhodos, and Kyprus.
    Ptolemaioi(Aiegyptos)- All of the Nile territories to the edge of the "map", all of the territories that border the great Eremos Sahara up to Kryene, and all of the Med sea bording territories up to Jerusalem; which has rebeled from their rule, and all Territories that border the Red Sea Up to Nabetea.
    Haydasan-The Armenian highlands up to the Caucasian Moutains; which are the border with the troublesome steppe tribes, and south to the Zaragos and Anti-Taurus mountains, East to the Caspain Sea, West to the lands of Por Hayk, and Trebizond.
    Aedui-Dead
    Averni-Refugees within the lands of the Belgae.
    Pahlava(Persia)-The lands east of the Caspian Sea, south into the Iranian Plateau; stopping in Media and Ectbana, east to the Hindu Kush and the former province of Baktria; stopping south of those mountains.
    Saka Rakua-The steppes north of the Baktrian Mountains, the lands north of the Caspian Sea; stopping just west of the Caspian.
    Saba-still trying to unite Southern Arabia; and going very slowly i might add.
    Sauromaete-Dead
    Gaetai-The lands of the Vampire Lords and their human subjects, the Carpathian Mountains and the lands south of them to the Danube river, West of the Carpathians to the Danube up to where it takes that huge bend to the west.

Ok now for factions that i made up for this AAR/story
    Name of made up faction(Faction i use to represent their troops)

Belgae(Aedui)-The lands of modern Belgium and The Netherlands up to the Rhine river; under near constant attack by Romans.
    Akkadian Empire(Pontos)-The Fetile Cresent, Syria, Damascus, Assryia up to the Anti-Tarus Mountains and Media+Ectbana
    Galatia(Aedui)-The area around Ancrya that makes up the former province of Galatia; under constant attack by th Arche Eporoitus due to its rebellion away from the Arche.
    Cenaria(Saruomaete)-The lands of the Centaur lords, taken from the former Sauromaete and Scythian tribes, The steppes west of the Caspian Sea down to the Black Sea; excluding the Crimean Penesula which is in the hands of Greek settlers, then west and norht to the ends of the steppe lands where the forests, and the Baltic lands, begin.
    Phonecia(Quratistadim)-Made up of the Phonecian cities of the former greek province of Phoencia.
    Liguria(Aedui)-Dead
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 11-25-2008 at 07:13.

My own personal SLAVE BAND (insert super evil laugh here)
    My balloons:
    My AAR The Story of Souls: A Sweboz AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=109013

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
    You're fighting against the AI... how do you NOT win?

Chapter Seventeen: The Battles of Gaul (Part Five)
    (From the Latin book:)
    Summer 227BC
    As i write these words we are finishing up some Belgae prisoner executions. All i can say for the Belgae is that they are incredibly fierce warriors. That and they enjoy the fires of battle. We just fought a great battle today. It was against some Belgae warriors and what was left of the Averni army. We formed up on some rather marshy ground. The two enemy armies came at us form different directions. So i had to break up my army, one to face the Averni fools, although i left them to the Gaulish Auxilia.

And one to face the Belgae, commanded by me personally.

The Averni were very eager to revenge themselves on their "traitorus bretheren"as they called the Auxiliaries. It was those lines that met first in combat. The fighting was very tough and it quickly stalled. Then the commander of the Auxiliaires charged his cavalry around the enemy lines, and crashed into the back of the Gaulish fools.

This broke nearly all of the Averni warriors. However their Verrix managed to rally them again, and again and again.
    On my side of the fight, our forces were just collididng with those of the Belgae.

We also saw their leader, with a bodyguard of Druids.

These men dressed VERY differently than their Averni bretheren. They were also using much less magic than what Averni druids that remained were using. The fight against the Belgae was far more brutal than the Averni. In fact it didnt take the foolish Averni long to start fleeing once again.

As they fled their Verrix was also killed. The Averni have been destroyed at last. Our Gaulish Auxilia did their work well.
    On the other sideof the field the fight with the Belgae was taking far longer than we had expected. These men were not only brave fighters but they were very smart as well. They almost surrounded my maniples of soldiers twice.

Howver all these attempts did was to further infuriate my Romans. These attacks left both sides devastated. My bodyguards and i did much hard fighting that day. The only reason we were able to break them in the end was because their General was lured away from the main lines by our skrimishers.

However they still managed to rip holes in my army.

Several maniples fled from the front. As soon as we catch the deserters i will have them decimated for their stupidity.
    However in the end it mattered little for we scored a victory, nonetheless.

And so we are now within the lands of the Belgae. However we ay not have as long to put them down as we thought, for there are many rumors of rebellion from the newly conquered Gauls. This may be haresay, but if we want to populate these lands with good Romans we will need to make sure that they can settle here in peace. However i must go now for i have executions to attend to.

My balloons:

Chapter Eighteen: Desperation and Joy
    (From the runic book:)
    Spring 226BC
    Sad news from the west. The Belgae have capitulated. The only major battle they fought against the Romani was one of near defeat for them and total defeat from the Averni loyalists. As such all of the lands west of the Rhine river are now in Romani hands. Germania is surrounded on two different sides by the foul Romani dogs. We are mobilizing all resources to fend off the coming invasion that i KNOW will arrive as soon as the Gauls are fully settled under their new rulers. I am sending Runic-Hand members to try and destablize those lands from within. I can only pray that it works.
    Even more bad news has arrived from outside of our lands in recent weeks. The Arche Eporoitus has officailly declared the Galatian fiasco our fault. If war comes now we cannot expect their help in the least. This will embolden the Romani still further. Im afraid to think of the conesquences of an assult upon my homeland by the full might of the Roman Empire as they call themselves now.
    I have personally visited the town and villages of Germania to garner support for any attacks against Roma that may occur in the near future. Ive even visited the Elven capital city of Guraseh and their wonderful Gardens. In the middle of the Gardens are three very ancient trees that support an orb of pure magic that glows with beautiful colors in their branches. The elves say that the Dwarves within the Mountain Holds on the south coasts of Norda ((Norway)) create such wonderous objects. I may have to visit the crafters someday and see about getting a smaller one for myself.
    Back to more inportant matters. In the east the Balts have been pushed aside and towards the northern Latvian forests by the Centaur Lords and their human subjects. We managed to halt their advance at the Wesser river, on the great plain. I was asked to see the emmisaries of the Centaur about a settlement to the conficlt in the town of Aresliez. The centaur i met was a young man/horse i guess, with chestnut hair on both his head and as his coat. His name was Acortosl. He wore a battered leather chestpiece and a leather horse skirtes upon the front of his horse.....ummm section?..... Anyways he always carried a heavy hunting spear around and had a bow and pair of quivers full of arrows straped to his sides. With him came his wife who had a light shade of brown for coat and hair color, and if i was not mistaken with my horseflesh studies, was at least 11 months pregnant. She had nothing on. I was told later that Centaur usually dont wear clothes due to their lack of need for it. Their entourage was composed of several human servants, one of whom was a female whom i could tell by he dress, or lack thereof, was the centaur's concubine. As he could not fit into any of the inns or any of the local Warriors Hold doors, we held our negotiations in the square, next to the stables where Acortosl's party slept. We began negotiatians the day after they arrived. When i walked out into the square, his party stopped dead in their tracks, stunned i guess. One of the humans in the party fainted at the sight of me. When he woke up again he refused to be near me at all. I later found out that this was the emissary's personal "Shaman" as they call their seers, and he was terrified of my powers. However as soon as the shock wore off negotiatians began in earnest. It took almost twenty days to come anywhere close to an agreement. We kept arguing over whether the Wesser or the Oder river should be the border. He is a skilled negotiator. However i kept the Wesser as our eastern border, in exchange for a trade agreement. However the day that they were leaving the town his wife collapsed in the street, making all kinds of noise. It turns out that she was giving birth right there. We managed to get her picked up and get her back to the stables. However it was the Shaman that did most of the birthing work. I watched from a distance. It was as any other foaling ((plz tell me thats the right word)) that i have seen, just with 10 times the amount of kicking and screaming. When it was over the child was declared a girl by the shaman. There was much happiness amongst the emmisary's party. So they stayed for about 15 more days after that, letting the child learn to walk and speak properly, as i later found out centaur do. When i asked him why he travelled with his wife when she was so pregnant, he told me that no right minded centaur leaves his wife unaccompained for any lenght of time, even on the battlefield, they fight togerther as one. It appears that once they are wed, centaur STAY with each other, forever.
    But i have majorly digressed. And now i must go for i am recieveing a report about Romani activities in the Alps.
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 11-25-2008 at 22:57.

My balloons:

Chapter Nineteen: Bloodrage
    Winter 226BC
    At last!!!! Soon the Senate will approve my bill for WAR!!! It took a long time to get enough evidence to gather the nessasary votes. It also took the murders of nearly eight Senators to get here. The final straw however was provided by the German pigs themselves. In the form of weapons delivered to the Belgae and other Gaulish tribes. Already we are planning our attacks. I will be building forces in Gaul. He will be crossing the Rhine river. Meanwhile Constantine be taking up the Alpine pass issue once again. This time there will be no stalling out, he has assured me of this.

Spring 225BC
    As i write these words i come back from a bloody battle. This current campain is on the eastern bank of the river Rhine. THE RHINE!!!! They have somehow managed to bridge the Rhine. It is frightening.

My husband, my son and myself are currently trying to hold back three full Romani legions and MANY Gaulish Auxilias. The first battle was at the Guerzoukz Rock.

The enemy lined up partly behind the rock. Among them were both Romani....

And Gaulish Auxilia.

My husband was in command of the army. And our son was in his bodyguard. As we could not defeat thebetter trained and armed Romani on their terms, we decide to split our force in half, and lay an ambush upon the dogs. My husband formed up many of the levies on open ground behind a screen of trees, a bait force.

My Runic-Hand bodyguards and the far more experineced men gathered to me in the trees behind the great rock, ready to charge once the Romani fools took said bait.

The battle began in earnest after the Romani spotted us. The dogs charged my husbands men with a roar upon their souls.

The Auxilia especially seemed enraged at the sight of us. However some of their scouts spotted my command. I was forced to order a charge. The ambush failed utterely. They had their best troops upon my forces even before my husband's had arrived on the scene. However the captain that was in command of the Romani must have been either blind or incredibly inexperienced, for he charged into the trees at my husbands forces with only a few bands of soldiers behind him. My hasbands men owhelmed his guards and he fled. However this brought the rest of that wing of our enemies army to the fore. And then the fool commander charged around the flank and tried to get at the back of the army. However he met some of the still hidden reserve levies.
    It did not end well for the little fool.

Even so his army did not give up very easily. In fact it was at about this point that several bands of enemies broke through the exposed center of our lines. They went after the Skutjonez and he Jungunthiz however. This lead nearly a third of the enemies forces away from our lines for the moment. I sent one or two spare bands to cover the rear then order my command forward as best as i could. We moved inches at best. However we did begin to break their Auxilia.

However they began to break my husband's men down as well. On my side of the fight things were bogged down and had devolved into fierce and bloody fighting. The Runic-Hand did what they could, as did i. But for some reason it takes nearly ten times the amount of energy to kill Romani scum than it does other men with magic. I have never figured out why exactly that is. Anyways the fighting on my end became VERY heated.

On my husband's side it became worse.

However my husband began to push them back after nearly an hour of bloody fighting. However the men before me still refused to break. And the battle at the rear was going horribly. Even so my husband came to my aid while most of his soldiers went after the routers.

Even so they still didnt break forcing more men from the chase. And at the rear things were deteriorating QUICKLY.

And of course many that had routed had by now rallied back.

The fighting became even more fierce. At one point my sonwent down under the weight of the enemy. At this i screamed and hurled much magic at the troops on top of him. To my great relief i saw him get back up out of that pile moments later.
    And still the enemy did not give up. The fighting continued for another three hours. It ended when the last of the enemy reserves at the front finally fled. We then had to turn the WHOLE army around to clean up the blood-soaked mess at the rear.

However many of the enemy got away this day.

Also much damaged was caused to our only army on this front, by only ONE legion.

They have managed to get two legions worth of Auxilia on the west bank of the Rhine and they are crossing over more everyday, as well as true Romani. So this is far from over. In the end we may lose by simple attriction. I can only hope this is not the case.
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 12-02-2008 at 01:17.

My balloons:

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

You're still using 1.1, Olaf? 1.2's out, you know, with updated Proto-Germanic from blitz.
    Last edited by gamegeek2; 11-27-2008 at 17:51.
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

Quote Originally Posted by gamegeek2 View Post
    You're still using 1.1, Olaf? 1.2's out, you know, with updated Proto-Germanic from blitz.
    Well when i tried to install it it just woudl not update it for me. if u can help me i would be increadibly greatful.

My balloons:

Ask bovi in the Technical Help Thread.

Chapter Twenty:Gambles
    Winter 225BC
    Sad news from the south. My unlce Harikillaz has been killed in battle against Romani raiders. Of my fathers generation only my uncle, the current high king remains. In the event of his death, my cousin, Harjarwulfaz, will be next in line for the throne. At nearly 70 years old many think that it will not be long. But i have faith that he will be with us for a while yet. He far too stubborn to let go just yet.
    However the war in the Alps has become a bloodbath once again. The passes are once again the stalling point. However the Romani bound Illryians have taken it upon themselves to raid our lands north of the Danube to aid their vile masters. We have also recived reports of a Romani army to the south of the Danube heading east. What their intentions are i do not know. However on the Rhine the war has ground to a halt with us having pushed the invaders out by sheer luck. After the battle of the Rock, many of their Auxilia fled for Gaul. The few Romani that had managed to get across had to go with them to bring them to heel. By the time order was restored we had destoryed the bridge and broken any abitly to build another one at that spot on the Rhine. So the stand off continued. As long as things continue like this we should not get overwhelmed. I can olny hope we can keep the balance of power on our side. I am currently putting more men together to go into Gaul itself and cause mass Gaulish revolt. The Romani hold on much of northern Gaul is tenous at best this is why they have not sent many settlers there. I hope to use this well.

Winter 225BC
    ARRRG!!!!!!!!!!! That cursed bitch!!!!! Again she has managed to keep me from my goals. She has repelled my attack over the Rhine, and broken the bridge. I must come up with another way to upset the balance of power, and catch the Germans off guard. The bridge almost worked. However they will be ready for us if we try that again. However Constantine is putting and army together south of the Danube. They are going to go across the great bend in the river, through some lands of the pitiful Gaetia confederation and attack the Germans from the south. Their only army on the Danube is scattered amongst villages trying to fend of the Illryian scum we send at them. At the same time i will cross all of my forc es at once across two bridges and on rafts in nessassary. We WILL have victory. And i WILL have my revenge.
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 11-30-2008 at 06:10.

My balloons:

Chapter Twenty-One: To Battle (Part One)
    Summer 225BC
    (Tear stains dot these pages)
    I am sorry if my writings are sloppy and if m crying but my husband has just died. Let me begin.
    We recieved a report that told us the Romani built two bridges across the Rhine and many, MANY troops were pouring across. We marched forward to meet these fools. We halted their advance near the Gawjam-Geruzoz, across the main path to Swebozaltestruz, the capital. Our scouts reported that we faced two legions worth of men and Auxilia. The Legion standards were those of the III and the VI. I know that these legion were under the direct command of that monster Germanicvs. However our scouts told us he was not among the army before us. We believe that he is still in Gaul waiting for news that it is safe to cross. As it was we formed up in an ambush formation. Looking back i think the Romans knew what we were up to at this point.
    I was with the Runic-Hand members and several of our elite forces.We hid amongst the southern trees on the field.

Some of our other forces were hidden to the north of the main army, in another attempt to ambush our foes.

My husband and son were with the main force, which arrived "late" and in poor order to make the Romani we were ill-prepared and make the dogs overconfident.

We spotted the Romani to the far north. They saw my husbands force as well. They began their march into a trap. At least we hoped it was a trap.

My husband force continued to march towards the enemy trying to draw them towards his force and complete the trap. However the thrice-dammed dogs turned and headed for the woods. We saw them head for my ambush force. I dont think they knew we were there but they probably had their suspicions and were trying to flush us out.

Unfortunatly we were forced to break the ambush. The advance force broke cover to attack the newly exposed Romani rear.

My husbands force continued to advance towards the foe trying to pin them so the advance forces could attack the Romani rear with full force.

However the bastards turned on a dime and began flanking my husbands forces while meeting both the advanced and main army with their heavy elites. This forced my hand. I ordered my forces to blitz out and hit the flankers with all speed.

The enemy general charged into the center of the main army hoping to break them. My forces got held up at the left flank, while the right flank was BARLEY held by the advance command. However in the center the enemy general's charge faltered. He soon fell from his horse and was ripped to shreds.

The center of the enemy army was left WIDE open. And several bands poured into the gap.

At this point the enemies left flank shattered. I figured that it was only a matter of time before the enemies right also collapsed. So most of my command, myself included, went after the routers causing incredible casualties amongst them. However the Gaulish Auxilia had among them some heavy warriors that did not break along with the rest of the left flank. These swordsmen were incredibly resilent.

However they eventually broke as well. My command also charged the skirmishers that were behind the lines of the enemy. We chased far across the field. However i began to hear cries of panic from our men under my husbands command. I turned only to see many of them fleeing for their lives. I saw my husband and son trying to rally the warriors back into the fray. The men had had the Enemy elites surrounded. However the Romani elites cut their way out. I saw my husband go down under the press of the Romani. He did not get back up. I......Screamed in..agony. The men under my command turned at this point and saw what had happened. They got scared. I looked at them and told them to hold. I looked back and saw my son and two of the remaining bodyguard infantry drag my husband out from the pile of Romani. I saw them flee with the rest of his command.

I turned my command around, and ordered our scattered warriors together on me.

The elites went after my command before we could fully pull together. However we managed to break many of them due to the fact that half of them went after the remnants of my husbands force. However the bastard Triarii once AGAIN fought like mad dogs that needed to be put down.

However put them down we finally did. After that i finally got all of our warriors left on the field together.

Few Romani escaped the bloody field.

The rest of their elite forces Were within the woods crushing some more of our warriors. However they finished them off quickly and emerged to face us.

I ordered my forces forward with all speed. We had to end this battle NOW!

It ended quickly for we outnumbered them by a huge portion and their stomachs couldnt take anymore of the slaughter.

It was a victory. However we had lost almost 2/3 of our forces.

After it was over i ordered the other warriors to tear the bridges apart and then went back to the camp to see how my husband was doing. As i opened the tent he breathed his last. I collapsed into my son's arms, crying my heart out. It still hurts as i write this. When i find that bastard Germanicvs i WILL KILL HIM! That much i promise.

My balloons:

Chapter Twenty-One:To Battle (Part Two)
    (From the Runic book:)
    Summer 225BC
    As i write these words we have concluded negotiations with the vampire lords of the Getai. It seems that we owe them a debt of honor, for they beat a Romani army that was attempting to attack us from the south through their lands. The apperence of these men-servants of the vampires is frightening. They look like normal humans. However, they have fearsome paint-patterns on their skin. The emissary told me about these patterns when i asked about them. He said that these were the marks of the vampire lords, and that every man and woman that served them had them put on at their coming of age ceremony. The patterns are a strangeblue-black color, and form into worls and spikes all over the bodies of these men.
    However i digress. The Getai apperently had Romani attack their lands for no reason. It only became apperet was they were doing when they turned north after a week of pillaging. So in the time that the Romani were raiding the lands of the Getai for supplies for their campain, the getai managed to put together a large force to halt them. The two forces met at the foothills of the Iron Sky mountains ((Carpathians)). The Getai infantry formed a small ambush scenario.

However their main forces were composed of Human and Vampire horse-archers, they formed up at the far right.

The Romani formed up on a ridge and began to advance upon the Getai infantry.

However the horse-archers began to avance upon the back of the Romani forces, firing many arrows in them as they moved. This forced the Romani to turn nearly all of their army to follow them.

When this happened, the Getai infantry hurtled forwards to take on the suprised Romani. And the Romani did not see what was happeneing until the infantry hit the Romani reserves. When they had cut the reserves to shreads however the main body came after them. Only the cavalry went after the horse-archers. It was their mistake for the horse-archers cut the Romani cavalry to shreads. And killed their general.

However back at the infantry things were taking a turn for the worse. The main body of Romani infantry proved to be far superior to the light Getai infantry.

The infantry broke and the horse archers seeing this knew thatthey were next. However the managed to empty all of their quivers into the Romani broke they withdrew, causing many causalties amongst the Romani.

The amount of bloodshed that the Romani absorbed made their campain an utter failure. They fled the Iron Sky mountains in shame. We are giving much tribute to the Getai in return for their support. I must go now and finalize the treaty.

Summer 225BC
    Things are going according to plan. The assult on German postions on the eastern bank of the Rhine will soon begin, if it has not already. And im sure that the attack on thesouth if Germania will soon be under way. I hope Constantine managed to find a worthy commander to lead the assult. In the meanwhile i am keeping under the radar as i proceed through Germania, my Legio IX having crossed the Rhine without resistance on rafts. We have already burned the Gawjams, as the German pigs call them, of Heruskoz and Eruzsgoz. I am currently heading full speed toward the German capital. Once ive broken the center of Germania, the rest will fall like a house of mud. I must go now for there is much to do on the march.

My balloons:

At this point we close the Latin book. We also see a change in the runic handwriting once again.
    Chapter Twenty-Two: At the Last.
    (From the Runic book:)
    Spring 224BC
    My name is Reliskaz. I am an apperentice of the Runic-Hand and i have been tasked to write the last entry into this codex by my master, for the White Lady is resting in a giant crystal, and we dont think she will wake up for a long, long time.
    The story of how she got that way begins after the bloody battle at Wolburzoz Forest. We managed to destroy two whole legions of Romani and their Auxilia. A few days after that we recieved news that the Romani had gotten another legion across in the chaos after the battle and they were heading for the capital, Swebozaltesruz. They had already burned two large Gawjams and they were charging like lunatics for the capital, with murder and death on their minds. The capital was nearly undefended and our army was still battered from the battle that we had just fought and we had lost our leader as well. The White Lady grieved the loss of our leader, Aragisalaz, whom was her husband. But she knew her daughter was in the path of those vile dogs. So we began our own mad rush back across Germania to reach the great Gawjam before they did.
    I think the Romani knew we were aftwer them at some point for their Gaulish Auxilia seprataed from the main Romani body. We formed battle lines on the main path to the capital. However the White Lady went forward under the sign of truce. The Gauls were terrified of us and just wanted the fighting to be over so they could go home. We told them that if they did not harm anymore Germans we would let them pass without bloodshed. Their commander told us that the Romani had other armies in the area and that they wouldnt be let past them. We then told them of the battle that had just taken place. The Gauls were overjoyed to hear this for those legions were what was stopping them from going home. We also let them the weapons of the fallen and told them to go and defend their homes from the Romani. They gladly agreed.
    With the Auxilia out of the way we made excellent time to the capital. However when we got there the Romani had already captured most of the great Gawjam. Only the main Hall remained in our hands. When the Romani saw our army approach they started cursing and yelling ill fortune upon us. They locked all of the gates against us. So we began to besiege our own capital.
    As the lines were drawn up the enemy commander march out onto the walls of the settlement, dragging a young girl behind him. We looked again and realised it was Methenalasa, The White Lady's daughter. The vile bastard held the girl out over precipise of the walls. Then he called to the White Lady. I will record the conversation here.
    "So, here we are again.", the enemy commander said. The White Lady said,"Germanicvs PLEASE, please dont kill my daugther. If you have any shread of humanity left in you you will let her go." At this Germanicvs laughed. "And why would i do that you filthy whore? Soon my other legions will arrive and you will be crushed.",he said. "No Germanicvs they wont be coming. I have seen to that.", the Lady said. She then ordered a man to bring forth the two Eagles that we had captured. He flung them to the base of the wall. Germanicvs looked at them and became enraged. His grip on the girl tighten to the point that he was strangling her. The Lady screamed at him to stop it. "GERMANICVS!!!! I will give you one warning let her go and leave these lands. If you do i will give you back these Eagles and let you go home in peace, for your invasion has failed." At this Germanicvs laughed and said,"My dear bitch, it is the destiny of Roma to rule the world. My invasion has not failed only suffered a minor setback. Soon you will all be crushed. And i will make sure to take "Special" treatment with you." "You are a fool Germanicvs. If you follow this course of action to it conclusion then you will do naught but die a horrible death.",the Lady said. Germanicvs laughed again. The Lady said, "Last chance Germanicvs. LET...HER...GO!!!!" Germanicvs looked at the poor girl, then back at the Lady and said,"As you wish." Then he dropped her. The girl screamed, as did the Lady. However several of the Runic-Hand members used their magic to slow the girls fall so she could land safely. Germanicvs became enraged at this point grabbed a javelin and threw it at her, then offered an entire provincd to the man that could bring Methenalasa down. However the Lady had recovered from her near apoplexy and used her magic to shield the girl, and told her to run away from the walls. The girl did just that, blindly stumbling and running from javelins, arrows and even a balista. When she got back to our lines she hugged her mother tight. After the embrace the Lady looked back up at Germanicvs. He was livid, so incredibly angry that his fun or whatever he was trying to accomplish escaped him that he killed several of his own men.
    The Lady then ordered the siege to commence.
    She went to the siege tower that the Romani had left behind.

While our commander, Jurgowulfaz, whom was also her son, grabbed the leftover siege ladders.

It didnt take us long to recover the walls from the vile dogs. When Germancvs saw this he ordered his men to advance upon our postions on the inside of the wall....

...while he fled for the center.

We easliy dispatched the poor dog fools that he sicked upon us. Even the commander was doing well, he cleared quite a few maniples off of the north wall.

After he had cleared the Romani off, both of our commands marched off to the center to end this war once and for all. For Germanicvs was the one whom began this, and with his death it would end, at long last, we prayed, it would end.

We got up to the top of the hill and there, on his horse, surronded by bodyguards, was Germanicvs.
    He looked at us, then spoke to the Lady.
    "You are a fool, little bitch for, i WILL have my revenge.", he said. Then he hurtled his cavalry forward, into our ranks.

He went for the Lady as best as he could but we would not let that monster touch her. "He then saw the commander and immediatly went for him. The commander and Germanicvs went at it in a duel. The circle opened and the two fought a hard battle. However we though it was over when Jurgowulfaz managed to knock the filthy bastard off of his horse. However he rose with surprising speed, drew his sword again and managed to take our commander down. He then had his remani bodyguard watch his back as he drug our commander back behind his wall of Triariielite that was in the square. He then called upon a man in a black cloak. It took me a moment to realise that this was a Romani seer. Its not everyday, or even every lifetime that you encounter one of these men. However encounter him we did. Germanicvs then turned to the Lady and said,"Now then watch, WATCHAND DESPAIR AS I DID!!!!!, you filthy whore." He then commanded the seer to destroy Jurgowulfaz.
    The Lady immediatly turned all of her magic to fighting of the demon's attempt to destroy her son. However the dog was very good at what he did, and managed to set the poor boys skin ablaze in black flames. Then Germanicvs started laughing, laughing like a demon possesed. Our commander was only a boy not even 15 winters old but, he was being ripped apart and spat on. He started to scream, and all Germanicvs did was watch with a pleased smile upon his foul face. Then the Lady finally began to counter the foul magics and the Demon at Germanicvs's back. Seeing this Germanicvs became enraged and said,"NO I WILL NOT BE DENIDE MY REVENGE!!!" He then drew his sword and sliced the boy's head off. Seeing this the Lady went abosolutely berserk. She started screaming and crying, and said, "First my father, then my husband, and now my SON?!!? I WILL KILL YOU!!!" She then absorbed an amount of magic i though impossible and hurled even single last ounce of it she could at Germanicvs with a roar of "DIE BASTARD!!!" on her lips. When it hit him there wasnt even any dust left behind.

And with that Germanicvs, the bane of Germans everywhere, died.

After that the remaining Romani tried to surrender but the Lady obliterated them in her rage. However she absorbed so much magic that it began crystalize around her form. She lay down and said, "Tell my daughter that i will be...fine, and that i ...am..so... sorry." And with that the crystal encased her and she was gone. We retook the capital, but at an unbalieveable cost. The Lady stayed in the crystal for nearly a month before the All-Thing could figure out what to do with her. And it was the Elven council that came up with the final solution. We sent her to the Dwarves to see if they could get her out of there. It took them nearly a month to figure out that all they could do was smooth out the crystal so that we could gaze upon her. It turned out that she was still alive. However, she was in an incredibly deep sleep. We prayed to Odin for guidance. The vision that we recieved was that her time amongst this gereration was over and that someday in the future she would reawaken to save our people once again.
    And thus the war finally ended. We recovered all of the parts of Germania that the Romani taken had control over and have begun rebuilding them. The Auxilia that we had lent weapons to, well on their return to Gaul they incited a mass revolt upon most of northern Gaul. The Romani Senate had to beg for peace so they could put the revolt down before it spread into the remaining Gauls of southern Gaul and threaten the Romani settlers there. We managed to lose the northern alps during the war but we are now using the Danube in its entirety to block the foul Romani. However we are devastated by the losses that we have encountered. I can only hope that the wars dont come again for a long, LONG while.
    -------------------------
    The old man puts the book down on the endtable by the roaring fire, and looks up at his grandchildren. "Did you enjoy that part of the story little ones?", he asks. "Yes Grandpa it was interesting", the little boy answers. "Good then tommorow i will get the next book for you ok?" "YAY!!!!!", squeals the little girl.
    END OF ACT 1
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 12-01-2008 at 10:07.

My balloons:

I'm already curious to see what Act II will be all about. Good story Olaf.

Well i am having a small problem with that part. You see the nextpart of the story jumps ahead in time by almost 500 years. Im pretty sure that EB doesnt cover 300AD +

My balloons:

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf Blackeyes View Post
    Well i am having a small problem with that part. You see the nextpart of the story jumps ahead in time by almost 500 years. Im pretty sure that EB doesnt cover 300AD +

Well in that case congratulations for writing one of the most interesting and original AAR's

Good job. I really liked reading it

Well im wondering if its illegal to post anything on this part of the forum thats not EB. If so i may need a place to finish this.

Btw thanks to all of my readers that have stuck with me so far.

My balloons:

Ok to all of my readers i will be contuning this in the MH at some point so plz see that for future installments

My balloons:

Just an idea: maybe when you start the next part of the AAR you should post a link to it here in this thread to make it easer to find

ill be putting it in my sig

My balloons:

Well i have finally decided to continue the story here rather than try to move it to another part of the forum. However the timing set requires the game to be BI rather than EB due to the fact that we move forward to the Age of Migrations, about 500+ years. So without further ado, i present....

ACT 2: The Times of Chaos
    "Ok, ok, please settle down now little ones, settle down.", the old man says to his grandchildren. As he sits in his big chair by the fire, his two grandchildren settle in as well and he opens the next book up.
    Chapter One:A Great Tale
    (The handwriting is in runic, abiet a more modern form than the previous book.)
    Autumn 354AD
    My name is Aioulfuz. I am writing this journal due to my recent appointment by the High King as one of his Jarls and his appointment of me as the Great Historian of our people, the first we have had since the Lady. Too many bards are corrupting the history of our people, so the High King has decided to ordain a new Historian.
    My father was the Jarl of the Danmarr ((Denmark area)). However he died last year due to a duel that he lost after he slept with one too many wife that wasnt his. But what can i do. To be honest im lucky that the All-Thing approved me to the position after what my foolish father did and the way he died.
    However that is not what this Codex is for is it? No i must write about what has happened since the end of the War of the Bane. Since the recapture of the capital at the end of the war, Germania has prospered. The size of our lands has not increased very much, due to the fact that on one side we are surrounded by the Twin Empires of Rome, and on the other tribes of nomads, centaurs, vampire slaves, Slavs, Balts, and evem some women warriors that call themselves Amazons that seek to overthrow our lands and take our women, children and freedom. The lands that we possess are not as good as they once were either, due to our prosperity having increased our numbers beyond what even the vast tracts of land that we have can produce. There are many Things that would love to try and conquer the world or try and take lands from the peoples around us. Many of the old tribes have also fallen away, with new ones replacing them. All of these people owe their loyalty and power to the All-Thing and High King. However there are many amongst the newer tribes that wish to take what has belong to other tribes since we became a single people, including the High Kings throne. In the recent past there have been several attepmts on the lives of five previous High Kings. And noone is really happy anymore with the current High Family. The blood of Ansuharjaz the Mighty has indeed fallen far from what it once was. The High King Asrhuz, the Pig as some call him, marrying his daughter after his wife died is but one example of this. Our current High King Harmazez seems to be far more stable than most of the recent ones however. I hope he can bring the glories of old back to our proud people. The Runic-Hand continues as it always has, helping the Free People and awaiting a sign that the Lady would one day awaken again. No such sign has come as of yet. But we keep waiting.
    In the world outside Germania, Rome has gained more and more power. Aftert their defeat in the War of the Bane, they stopped trying to take us on. Instead they focused on rebuilding. It took them almost 50 winters to put down all of the rebellions, repopulate the territories and they had to reform their ENTIRE army into a far more effective machine of war and death to do so. For a while we thought that we would be attacked once again. However they moved on to what they considered easier targets. After the end of the rebellions their first target was the Arche Eporoitus, which due to the ineptittude of Alexandra's successors had fallen into near constant civil war and near ruin. It took them a scant 20 winters to bring the whole thing crashing down. The Greek peoples were enslaved and sufficently passified as to not want anymore war against Rome. Then amries of Rome then turned on Syria and the rest of Asia Mikra taking them from the Haydisan and Akkadians. In fact the Haydisani people were so beaten by the war that they surrendered their freedom to the Roman bastards. The Akkadians had far more luck while they did lose Syria they manage to stop the Roman advance at the west bank of the Euphrates. The border has stood there ever since. The final target of Rome need for conquest was Egypt. In the year 79BC Rome invaded Egypt in spite of previous agreements to keep them as a client state. The kingdom, which had been weaken by years of infighting, confusing royal marriages and the empowerment of the minor landholders, was quickly destroyed. However, their Empire had grow incredibly large. The Senate which hey had started out under has become increasingly weak and ignored. The power had passed to the generals of the army and other powerful landowners. This increasing weakness within the worlds largest empire caused many of the leading generals to fight for the powers that came with total rule. This resulted in the Civil Wars. The first general to try and rule it all was a man called Gauis Marius, the same man wh reformed the Roman army. He held the reigns of powers for barley 5 winters before he was challenged by a man called Sulla in the year 177BC. The much older Marius was easily overthrow by the vigorous Sulla. The man managed to hold on much longer due to the fact that he passed laws forbidding other generals from challenging him. The other generals banded together to overthrow him in 152BC, then began to fight amongst themselves. This patterned continued until 70BC when three Generals formed the Grand Triumvirate to rule Rome together. They were Regius Gallus, Gaius Julius, and Destius Magna. Thigns began to improve until Regius tried to take all of Akkadia. During that campaign he was killed. The two remaining Generals began a great Civil War to take control after that. The fighting between them continued until Destius was killed in a battle against Gaius in Greece. After that Gaius managed to untie the empire for the first time in a long while. However he was murdered in cold blood by a group of people still loyal to the Senate. This sparked off the final civil war. Gaius's adopted son Octavian came out on top at last. He was renamed Augustus for this feat. His fist act was to empower the throne he sat upon and passed many different laws that helped the soldiers and the common people, thus winning his throne the stability that was nessasary for it to survive. With his reign became what has come to be known as the Pax Romanum. His reign also eliminated the last vestiges of magic in the Roman world, for he did not trust it at all the powers that it gave to people. After his death his family took control of the empire. They were for the most part good emperors, however there were several bad ones as well, for all of that power in one mans hands is incredibly corrupting. The last of the Augustan line was a demon named Nero, whom ate the flesh of slave children, burned the city of Rome and played the lire while watching, and even had the people of his empire give almost all of their money so he could build himself a house of gold. He was deposed by a general whom became emperor. His name was Vespasian. The pattern has continued for a long time now. The only real conquest that they have made after Augustus was the Invasion of the Britons. It was a smashing success. The only thing that stopped them were the northern and western montains.

The empire itself continued on for a long while. In the West Roman culture became the standard. However the far more established cultures of the Eastern half of the empire did not really mix with the Roman culture that had been introduced to them. If anything it only reinforced the greek and semetic cultures that always existed there. The big change came after the rule of the Five Good Emperors. The last of them had a son whom was crowned in 296AD. This man was an utter fool. He managed to undo many of the works that kept the empire united. His death caused the first civil war in centuries. The next sets of emperors were uneducated men that have risen from military backgrounds. Taxes became weak, soldier riots have become common all over both empires. The final split among the Roman world came after the death of the emperor Julian the Apostate. He is so named that he tried to reverse the spread of a reigion called Christianity. The religion preaches the exisistance of only one god. It started as an oppresed cult until the regin of Constantine Magna has spread through much of the empire like wildfire, Most of the east is Christian. Only in the west are there large holdouts of "pagans" as the non-Christians have come to be known and these shirnk everyday. The fools have even tried to overthrow the High Gods in our lands. However they have met with little success. Anyways he was the last man able to hold the Greek East and the Roman West together. After his death they spilt into two empires, the Eastern Roman empire, centered at Constatinople and the Western Roman empire, centered at Rome. Of the two the East is far more powerful and stable but the West is more culturally unified and has more lands to tax and such. We will see if in the end who will win out.
    Out on the steppes there is an evil brewing that i dont think this world has ever seen before. Many of the nomads and centaur are fleeing further and further west with each coming winter. There are rumors at the High Kings court that demons have exploded out of the Great Pits of Hel herself and trying to kill all mortals. The Runic-Hand seesrs do not deny this. I think the recent inter-tribal conflicts that have been slowly consuming Germania are a side-effect of this. I can only hope the High King can solve this before things become too troublesome, or before this nation breaks apart.
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 12-04-2008 at 06:56.

My balloons:

I can barely wait for the next part.

Chapter Two: Tensions
    Spring 359AD
    It has been at least five winters since i was given this appointment. I have faithfully recorded what few events have happened within Germania, mostly more tensions and political ploys. However i have noticed a disturbing set of occurences within my Jarldom as of late. A tribes that is called the Saxonz has been migrating in en-masse for nearly 50 winters and have recently started to try and take my Jarldom from me, in abiet subtle terms. For instance there have been four attempts on my life, three to try and prove me unfaithful to my marriage, and even one attempt on my wife's life. This is getting more and more out of hand.
    I am also finding evidence that there may be more than meets the eye when looking at these Saxon bastards. We have already discovered five weapons caches out in the swamps that do not belong to me or my Karls. This is not a good sign at all.
    Across Germania there are other stories like mine. On the Rhine Jarldoms two tribes, the Franx and the Alemannez are fighting each other for the right to hold all of it. The fighting is small-scale, but even so it is a troubling sign of things to come. In the eastern Jarldoms a tribal called the Subiez fled Germania for the steppes almost a hundred winters ago. However they have begun to return and try to conquer us. Battles have sprung up all along the Wesser river. However for the moment they are small. I can only hope that we can reason with these fools, for i would hate to have to crush my kin, no matter how badly corrupted they have become.

Autumn 359AD
    I have been forced to call upon royal troops to help keep order within my Jarldom. Last week there was a full-scale riot in the streets of Gawjam-Arhus. The causes were the people were hungry once again. I give them what food i can after i pay the tributes to the High King, but its still not enough. In the Gawjam-Stockozaz there are food riots too. But my brother Jarl must deal with those himself. I have been trying to find the cause of the food shortages, because i know that we are able to produce enough food for both the tax AND feed my people, abiet without any surplus. However my inquires have been stalled by obstinant Saxon officials. Its frustrating, especially the way they speak. Some of their words dont even sound German, at least to me. But its not my place to start throwing such accusations about, not if i dont want to start a war at a time that we NEED to be united.

My balloons:

Chapter Three: High Treason
    Spring 360AD
    It has finally happened. Three weeks ago there was an attepmt on the High Kings life. Even though it failed many tribes have taken this as a sign of the king's weakness, and that he is unfit to rule. As a result of these events some of the tribes have started to revolt. The main aggresors are the Langozbarad, Alemannez, and Frizez Tribes. I fear the Saxonz may soon join them. The only tribes we are sure of are the Semmonzez, Swebozez, Franx, Macromannez and Gauts. The Silengoz, and Skandza wish to remain out of this conflict for their lands are fine, as they put it. I fear that it will not remain that way for them for very long if this keeps up. I accompanied the High king with what warriors remained loyal to me. We met the first of the rebel Jarls about five days ago. The King's warband assumed its standard defensive postion. It was assembled in no time, even the shield wheel was ready quickly. That is not something easily done.

The nature of warfare in our day and age has become VERY different from what it was nearly 400 years ago. Back then cavalry was for fools and idiots. The sword was an impossible weapon to get at without being rich. You were luck to get a sharpened stick that passed for a "spear". However almost 100 winters ago the nomads of the steppes introduced us to an new invention called the stirrup. This allows the men on horseback to be FAR more stable and flexible on their mounts. This opens up the possiblity of DEVASTATING cavalry charges, which have become the norm amongst most armies of Germania, and even the Eastern Roman Empire appercitaes the new power of horsemen, even though they still use the legion format as their main tactic. The Western Roman Empire considers this great invention to be worthless. Only their mercenaries use it at all. But i digress, dont i?
    The Langozbaradez began a madden rush towards us.

However soon we began to hear strange noises coming from the enemy ranks. Then one of the scouts cried out in fear. I looked at what he was pointing at and almost threw up in horror. I saws something that had only been described in nightmares. Men turned into blood-drunk dogs of death and pain, their souls taken from them, in exchange for unbalieveable power and rage. They wore not but skins of wild animals, and were armed with gigantic swords that ordinary men could not even dream of holding. They could not longer speak but instead howled like rabid wolves and dogs. And their eyes.... their eyes had become pure black with hatered and rage. These men had become Ulfkinz ((Beast-Men)).

I could only look upon them with pity, for no man, no matter how evil he was, no human deserved such a horrible fate as that.
    However soon the battle was joined. The first blood was drawn by the cavalry that i was a part of. The High King lead us into the thick of the fray. On his noble charger the King hit the first of the enemy that day. It was a clean kill, a good sign. The band we hit melted away like the great ice of the north upon the coming of summer. So did a few other after that. However then the Ulfkinz spotted us. They began to howl in rage and pain, and hurtled after us like mad dogs. We knew that if we got too close the would tear us and our horses to shreads. So we tore out of there. The poor bastards followed us.

The main lines finally joined up. And the first great problem was that the Housekarls of the Langozbarad Jarl began to cut a hole in our line forcing our Runic-Hand members into the fray, swords aflame, and battle cries upon their lips. Even the elven warriors fought like mad-men. It was barley enough.

The idiot then decided that it would be a good idea to attack our Dugundiz head on. It didnt end well for him. He filped off of his horse and onto the spears of a few of the interlocked Dugundiz. This didnt even cause his army to faulter. They kept up the attack, if anything they began to fight EVEN HARDER. All the while the Ulfkinz kept after us. However we ran back thorugh some trees to get back in the fight and surround his remaining warriors. However wwe encountered another unit of our Dugundiz in the woods. We yelled for them to flee, but they didnt understand us over the roar of battle. It was too late for them to flee when they finally saw the Ulfkinz coming RIGHT at them. They made ready as best as they could. I turned around to watch and prayed for the men that were back there. What i saw next horrified me. It appeared as if the Ulfkinz ATE the band of men.

At that point i leaned over on my horse and threw up in horror. However at the main line the battle had swung fully in our favor. And the Royal archers had finally been freed from combat. The High king told the archers to fire upon the Ulfkinz. For the beasts wore no armor for it would only get in the way of their animalistic rage, nor did they have shields for they knew nothing of protecting themselves. The archers made incredibly quick work of the beasts. Then i saw an explosion of black fire from among the beasts, and they stopped dead in their tracks, looking confused. I realsied that the Demon that was empowering their rage had been killed. As soon as the beasts saw us they fled like rabbits. The archers did not stop firing. We put them all out of their misery.

And, somehow, much of the army survived the slaughter.

It was a victory.

The next day we made it to the camp of the foe. The retribution that the High King ordered was BRUTAL. He ordered them to be strung up and pulled apart. Other were cut to pieces to feed the dogs. The women and children were just outright slaughtered. But it was also nessassary. This kind of treatment will prevent future revolts from occuring. Im just so sorry that we have to do this to our own people. It so different from the days of goodness and plenty amongst our people, when the land was plentiful and the earth bountiful. Now it just seems as if theres never enough to go around.
    I can only hope that we can take care of the other tribes before this gets out of hand. The Western Romans, in spite of the religous unrest within their Empire will GLADLY take lands from us, for no Roman has ever forgiven Germania for the War of the Bane. The Eastern Romans are too busy trying to contain the Akkadian Empire, the Haydisan; whom have also converted to Chirstanity, and a new Empire that has overthorw most of the old Parthian one. They call themselves the Sassanid Persians. They are made up of some of the old Iranian tribes of the highlands. The people also believe in a single God, He is the fire God, Ahura Mazad. These people have become a titanic force in their own right, having taken lands up to the Oxus river and all the way up to the Fertile Cresent, where they fight the Akkadians, abiet unsuccessfully. We shall have to wait and see what happens i suppose.
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 12-04-2008 at 09:40.

My balloons:

Chapter Four:Civil War
    Summer 362AD
    Unfortunately we have not been able to contain the rising chaos within Germania. Civil War has broken out. To be honest i think we might be in for a long war. While the revolt within my Jarldom was swiftly suppressed when the rest of Germania heard about what had happened to the Langozbaradaz, several tribes that we though loyal either changed sides or outright fled the Kingdom. The Gauts, and the Alemannez have fled while the Macromannez have revolted against us. The Saxonz that were within my Jarldom fled for the coasts to get upon boats that their Frizez breatheren had provided for them. I tried to halt the Saxonz as they fled for their boats with what troops i had.

However even after a forced march we only managed to catch one of their armies on the way to their ships. And they got very close before we could deploy. As soon as they spotted us, they picked up the pace in a Hel of a hurry.

We only managed to catch a few of their bands with the royal cavalry.

What we did catch we tore to shreads. However far more of them got away due to the slowness of the infantry.

The High King was most displeased at the news that these Saxonz and Frizez Dogs could still threaten Germania. He delcared all of the tribes that had fled to be no longer Germans, due to their treachery and loss of faith. The loss of these tribes had weakened our kingdom, for we are that many troops shorter than we were before this whole mess started. And the steppe peoples are coming closer and closer by the year. We can only hope that things will improve with each victory we score.

Winter 362AD
    Well i think that we are getting closer to ending this foul conflict. The Macromannez have suffered several defeats at the royal armies' hands. The Saxonz and Frizez have left for good, heading for the old Roman province of Britannia. The province had been abandoned by the Romans after a civil war forced the emperor Constantine to pull those troops out to defend his rule and the Empire. In the time since they left almost 30 winters ago the celts of the north and west of the great isle have been pillaging non-stop against the former Romanic Britons. The weakened Britons cannot fight them off alone. I heard rumors of them hiring the Saxonz and Frizez to fight the celts for them. The fools have let a wolf into their den so that they can be protected from a rabid dog. Well they will learnt the error of their ways soon enough.
    Meanwhile, the Gauts fled south, away from Germania and Gotland Isle. They have been fleeing for months now. I can only hope they find what they need beyond the borders of Germania, for they will never be welcomed back here. The Alemannez have invaded the Western Roman Empire, in what many even here consider a foolish move, they are trying to overrun Rome and hold it for ransom. However an elite Roman legion, the Legio V i think is currently fighting them in the Po valley. We will have to see how that goes for the poor fools.
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 12-04-2008 at 08:32.

My balloons:

Very good chapters.

Just one question: is there a faction in BI that has a similar banner to the Sweboz or did you change that? I've only played BI a little so I don't know what factions there are.

The Burgundii have the similar banners to teh Sweboz thats why i picked them to be the royal armies

My balloons:

I like the fact that you even use different game versions (EB, BI etc) to tell your story. Its sad that your save games were broken (use ALX.exe!)... but its great that you didn't give up.

I have one suggestion for you: Use the campaign map pictures you can get on the main page and color the different provinces in the coresponding faction colors. That way you can give us a good image of how the campaign map would look like (at least the world map).

I admit that I didn't read too much of your story yet, only the latest chapters, so I'm still a little bit confused about the time jumps ;) I have to start the story from page 1 I guess :D
    Men create the gods in their own image. (Xenophanes)
    Do not concern yourself with my origin, my race, or my ancestry. Seek my record in the pits, and then make your wager. (Arcanis)

Finished campaigns:
    RTW Seleucid Empire

The Exile - Basileion Kydonias AAR

@ PriestLizard: Well TY for ur support. Also i really could not follow my five year a post rule after the first chapter due to the fact that i had so many plot lines that i am trying to fill.
    Firstly, Yes i AM using mutiple TW games to tell this story. I WOULD have started with Vanilla RTW for the first part, but Vanilla is not nearly accurate enough to allow me to introduce several story elements, like magic, mythological creatures, and others that i cannot reveal as of yet.
    Secondly a little TW background about me. I have played nearly ALL of the TW games, starting with STW and the Mongol Expansion pack. I beat like four factions and even Managed to BARELY hold off the mongols in that campaign. MTW i did not have too much interaction with, due to too many comp upgrades making the game stop working. And no i did not get it either, i mean UPGRADING your graphics card, ect makes a game NOT WORK?!?! Ah oh well. When RTW came out i got it for Christmas. I stayed up for six days straight playing it when i first got it. Even now it my fav of all TW games, Especially with BI expansion, because in my opinion the WRE is the most realsitic faction that CA ever produced. Never did manage to find Alexander . M2TW was a good improvment on the engine, however i have thought it too bland, for once youve played one Catholic faction youve played them all, same for muslims and others. However i did have one of my best campaigns as the HRE when i took over Western Europe and the Americas. Kingdoms......that was pretty good. Especially the Lithuanais(Teutonic) and the Norse(Britannia). Oh and beating the piss out of the mongols as Antioch...SOOOOO fun!!!!!!!! Even now i await Empire, and i WILL be doing the intro so that i can understand it better, with its fancy new engine and all, (STW/MTW------>RTW converstion all over again anyone?)
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 12-05-2008 at 00:26.

My balloons:

@ PriestLizard I would be more tha happy to find such a map to put at the end of all my posts, i just gotta find the Damn thing first and figure out how to use it. This would make describing my Story FAR more easier. Ill will have to go looking.

EDIT: I havent found the map, could someone plz tell me were on the main site i can DL it at and how i am supposed to color it????
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 12-05-2008 at 00:54.

My balloons:

Chapter Five:Happenings
    Spring 363AD
    There has been a great battle south of the Po, between the Alemannez and the Romans. Nearly two whole hordes of them have been crushed. The battle itself was short but brutal, or so our spies report.
    It began when the Roman Legio V took up postions south of the great river Po. This effectively blocked the Alemannez from Rome, their final target. The Alemannez tried to push them aside with skirmishers but to no avail.

However both hordes arrived VERY quickly after that so the battle was joined.

The first move by the Roman commander was an odd one. He himself ordered his CAVALRY forward. Of course these men were mostly steppe horsemen under the thumb of Rome, so it may not be surprising as we think it is.

They horsemen began to harrass and attack the rear elements of the Alemannez Hordes. This caused many Alemannez to break off their attack and go after the Romans that meanced the camp and their wives and possessions. This was a bad mistake, for had they attacked the main Roman line they probably could have overwhelmed them. However as it was, all they could do was a solid hit on the Roman right. They even tried to get a band of dugundiz past the Romans to hit them in their rear. However there were woods behind the Roman right that hid several bands of archers, whom promptly opened fire upon this poor band. They broke almost immedaitely under the intense fire.

However the left of the Alemannez line had managed to break a large portion of the Roman cavalry, the General had to flee back to his lines, with the Alemannez hard on his heels. Thusly the Alemannez began to hurl into the Roman lines of the left as well. However the left held handily, even against the housekarls of the Alemannez. The right had fallen back in dissary after the failure to flank the Romans.

However the Jarl of that army managed to rally many of his men for another charge. I did him little good for when his cavalry chagred he was one of the first to die. This threw the Alemannez into a panic. The Roman general saw this and order his men to break formation and crush the foolish Alemannez. It was a resounding success.

The Roman victory was total. To think that the armed men of Germania have fallen THIS far from the day of the War of the Bane is a sad, sad sight.
    The remaining Alemannez warbands have fled from the Po, heading east. It appears that the Eastern Empire will soon have some company. I hope that they obliterate those fools, for men whom lose like THAT do not deserve to live amongst the great peoples of this world.

Winter 363AD
    The attacks against the eastern borders of our kingdom have become increasingly violent and much more numerous over the past year. The Subiez are getting more and more desperate to get off of the steppes. More rumors of evils out on the steppes have reached the ears of the court. I heard tell of tribal witches that were forced out of their tents were forcible made to mate with demon out on the steppes, and of this union were born half-men, beasts that live their whole lives in the saddle, even mating and giving birth in it, and not being able to walk. Their faces are horned and twisted by demons magics. And they are excellent shots with a bow, even from horseback. What agents that we could send out have not reported back when they were supposed to and havent been heard from since. These stories have everyone terrified, even the High King is worried, even though he does not show it. The Gauts are still feeling south and we hear tell of many unsuccessful Subiez following them rather than attacking us. I can only hope this trend continues because it will make things easier on one front of ours.
    The Alemannez, meanwhile, are currently raiding the northern provices of the Eastern Empire, and are moving into the lands of the Vampire lords of the Getai. Why they are making such a move i do not know. The Vampire lords have proven stronger than the Romans even. So why would someone whom loses to Roman try to attack those CLEARLY better than them? This i cannot say. However there is nothing i can do about it either. So for now we must watch and wait.
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 12-05-2008 at 07:13.

My balloons:

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast