Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Story of Souls: A Sweboz AAR

Rampant psychopath Member Olaf Blackeyes's Avatar

Default The Story of Souls: A Sweboz AAR

Hello everyone This will be my first AAR on these forums so plz be nice to me
    anyways the rules of my AAR are the difficulty is M/M, i will fight all FM battles myself unless i or they are horribly outmatched and i will be posting in chapters of about 5 years each.
    For the first few posts i wont be able to post screens due to the fact that im working on get it to like me when i hit the print screen button
    Also i will be posting many of the names without all the marks and other things that the game uses cuz i cant get my comp to do that.
    Disclaimer: NONE OF THE PICTURES AND ARTWORK USED IN THIS THREAD ARE CREATED BY ME (except for maps and screenshots). I HAVE GATHERED MANY OF THESE PICS FROM ACROSS THE INTERWEBZ. AS SUCH IT WOULD TAKE WAY TO LONG TOO CREDIT ALL OF THOSE ARTISTS.
    ACT 1:The Story of Souls

Introduction:The rise of a tribe.
    EXERPTS OF THE GREAT HISTORY OF OUR PEOPLE

The first Winter of unity:(272 BC)

My name is Aluruno. I am ten winters old and I am the daughter of the great chief of all Sweboz and ruler of the lands between the Oder and the Elbe, Heruwulfaz. As he is the son of the unifier Swartagazaz he inherited the chieftenship from my grandfather upon his death just two months ago. My father told stories of my grandfathers conquest around the fire in the mead hall last night, and the old priest that my father assigned to me to be my tutor as he doesnt have a son yet told me to start a journal and write of momentous events within it. I will do my best to relay these event now.

My father was a great man. Great for his victories,Great for his courage, and great for his love of our people. When the Macromannez of the Elbe insulted our tribe with the sacking of one of our villages we responded with unbeliveable force. I myself rode with the Ridonez while my father and his personal guard assulted the Macromannez villages one after another fell like dust. When we got to their main village we promptly found ourselves outnumbered five to one. My father was told we should retreat. He laughed at the face of danger the had the fools who suggested it torn apart. when we attacked the village they sent most of their force after my Ridonez. As we rode i directed them into a patch of woods where our host was waiting for them. I taunted them into our trap. As the warriors shreded the foolish Macromannez, my fathers guard attacked three whole warbands of enemy spearmen and crushed them. We then proceeded to crush the personal guard of the Macromannez chieftan. My father personally fought the enemy leader in single combat. As they met the enemy chieftan roared his cruses at my father and leaped at him with his sword drawn. My father easily parried his foul blows as he searched for a weakness. When foolish man tried to cleave my fathers head from his shoulders my father ducked beneath the blow and shoved his sword straight through his heart. He then pulled it straight up spliting his skull in half. (My father laughed hard at this point for serveral minutes). Ahhh...Now upon see their chieften fall the few remaining Macromannez surrendered to my father and all was at peace in these lands. However a few foolish Macromannez were still bitter about the defeat. And one dark and bloody night the cowards poisoned my father. However my fathers will was strong and he lingered for serveral weeks as i hunted down the assassins and killed them. Unfortunelty the will of Odin dictated that he go to the hall of the heavens. As such he named ME ,Heruwulfaz, as chieften in his stead.

And with that the story has come to present. Now a few things about myself. As i stated before my name is Aluruno and i am only ten winters old. I have been told by my father that i have the most beautiful blue eyes hes seen since my mother died giving birth to me and hair as golden as the fields of wheat from the the southlands. I am currently being taught the runic script of our people by an old priest of Odin due to the fact that i am my fathers only child. I started this journal on the adviced of this priest as he said he thought id make a good historian. Im writing in a new invention from the southlands called a codex by a people called the Romani. The pages are of a material called parchment. My father says it was not easy to acquire one of these codesies for me to write in but i promised him id be careful. My teacher thinks this is a wonderous idea for me and it would be a way to make my tribe proud. However for now i must go for my father calls for me.
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 02-21-2009 at 06:51.

My own personal SLAVE BAND (insert super evil laugh here)
    My balloons:
    My AAR The Story of Souls: A Sweboz AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=109013

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
    You're fighting against the AI... how do you NOT win?

Default Re: The Story of Souls: A Sweboz AAR

Interesting start, but is Swartagazaz really the father of Heruwulfaz? I always thought he was just there because RTW demands that everyone have a father.

I can't remember off-hand, but doesn't it list his birth date as, like, 350 BC?

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Ah, finally a Sweboz AAR! I wish you the best for the future and may it last long (unlike most AArs sadly). Good intro btw, here have a balloon from me:

Maion

P.S.: You can download Fraps from the net, it's a free and easy to use picture-taking program.
    Last edited by Maion Maroneios; 10-27-2008 at 12:22.
    ~Maion

YAY I HAZ BALLOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok on a serious note
    @desert i looked on the family tree and it says he was a former faction leader so i RPed him uniting Swebozlandam and yes imma make this last ALAP so let see where this takes me.

BTW NOTE: right now its already 243 BC so im well into it ill prob start posting pics once i get to that set of posts, also according to the EB historical notes the Sweboz call years in terms of Winters passed so my years are winters
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 10-27-2008 at 03:18.

My balloons:

Alrighty now for the first set of chapters

Chapter One: The Coming of Darkness
    272-269BC
    Yesterday news of strange tidings reached the ears of the court. Messengers brought news of bear rearing up on their hind legs and dancing, of wolves howling and trying to fly by jumping off of hills and of the men of the other tribes of my people preparing for war. My father was disturbed by these omens and order the seers to try and make sence of this turn of events. While this was going on a man came to the court demanding to see my father, for he said that he had horrible news for him. When i looked at the man he turned and smiled at me thourgh the folds of his hood. I was horrified at the sight of his face. Within the hood i could see eyes blacker than coal and i though he must have been scarred in some way. When my father let him speak he first greeted him and then proceded to remove his hood as my father requested. I almost threw up at the sight of this man. His hair was Shocked white with streaks of blood red within it. He had this....well... all i can call it is hungry look on his face. And most terrifying of all he had on each eye a DEEP scar that started above his eyes and went down to stop below his eyes. And I swear on my grandfathers grave they were glowing red-black. However when i looked at the other people in the room they looked at him as if he were a normal man. Even my father said nothing to his about what i saw. He didnt even look disturbed at the sight of this man. And then he started speaking to my father. I will record the conversation here.

"My lord i regret to inform you the the combined might of the Rugoz and the Kimbroz tribess are attacking the north of SSwebozlandam. We must prepare to sstrike them at once." My father looked at the man and said to him, "But my good freeman how can you claim this? We have an alliance with these northern tribes" And the man said to him, "My lord ive brought sseveral people from my village to confirm thisss". As he said that several bedraggled looking peseants came forward and told my father the same story. And my father was grealty troubled by this ad said "I will send emmissaries immedately to the Rugoz and Kimbroz. We must find the cause of these attacks". But the Black-eyed man spoke up again and said "No ssire we must strike them down while they are sstill Celebrating their ill gotten gains." And my father looked at this man and said, "Why must this be?!?!? You would have me attack like a coward??" and the Blackeyed man said, "No no ssire why i am merely ssuggesting prudence. Am if i am not mistaken your father did much the ssame thing when he defeated the Macromannez". At this point my father stood straight up and looked at this man who i thought was insane and said "YOU DARE TO CALL ME A COWARD AND A FOOL?!?!?!?!!?! How DARE you sully my good name so....caulallsly!!!" The Black-eyed man merely stood there and waited for my father to be done, then said "SSire no thatss not what i mean at all. I also ssnuck into a camp of the Rugoz the night after my village was burned. And i heard the leader talking, he had ssaid that if this doessnt lure that fool Heruwulfaz into our trap nothing will. I believe they are trying to kill you and have left their villagess unguarded as a result." At this my father calmed down instanly, almost inhumanly, and the he smiled and said,"Stranger i know not your name but you have given me wonderous news indeed. I will proceed to attack the Gawjams of the Rugoz and Kimbroz and end this war before it starts." The Black-eyed man said, "Ah my lord of coursse how rude of me not to sssay my name before now. I am know as Parssal." Well at this point i though tha my father was done with this man and his trange lisp. But to my shock he said, "Excellent Parsal i am going to make you a wealthy, wealthy man. You will join my court of advisors and aid me in my endeavors." The Black-eyed man i now knew as Parsal said, "Ahh yess ssire may i make a ssuggesstion then?" My father nodded. He then said, "Well my i say that i dont think you sshould go becausse if they notice your missssing then they might become ssupisssiouss and hury their forcess home." My father thought about this and then said,"My brother Athawulfaz (he steps forward at this point) will lead our attack on the vile Rugoz, you will go with him to assist the campain. Meanwhile my cousin Harbranaz will attack the Kimbroz fools while they are unready". My father smiled at what he though his own cleverness. However Parsal smiled at that moment too. And his smile made me shudder. He then said' " As you wissh ssire." Then the meeting broke up.

I later had a private talk with my father and asked him if he was crazy allowing this man to live in our home and aid him in his affairs of state. He told me that this man was a treasure because he seemed to be a true freeman serving his king with his own free will. I blurted out "But hes a FREAK!". My father looked at me like i was crazy and ask what i was talking about. I told him of the Features id seen on the man. He looked at me like i was the crazy one here and said to me,"How can you say such things of him when they are clearly not true. I have seen notbing of such traits in this Parsal." I was dumbfounded, for i KNOW what i saw of him. But when i insisted my father became angry with me and yelled at me. He said that i need to learn the hard life that his men face so that i wouldnt have time to make up such vile lies. He ordered me to go with Parsal and record the campain in my journal for future generations. With that he left infuriated and yelling curses at servants left and right. I was scared out of my mind. This was not how my father acted. I hurried to ready my things so not to make him any angrier. All the while i was crying for my father had never yelled at anyone not a foe like that before.

I left with the men the next morning and we began the four month long march to Gawjam-Rugoz. All the while this Parsal was issuing orders like a general or even a king in his own right. The strange thing was that none of the warriors, Several of whom id known for year to not tolerate such treatment, obeyed insantly as if this man were my father.
    271BC
    Today we reach the Gawjam and found it more densly populated with men than was at first predicted. Athawulfaz looked at Parsal and said,"This is not as you said it would be. All of their fighting men are here." And Parsal said to him "But look none of them have weapons and they are at ease as they would not expect us." Athawulfaz looked at this an said, "i see... Well lets begin the attack." As we apporached the unsuspecting village my told me to stay back and watch. So i stood a group of archers and watched the.... well i cant really call it a battle. Rather id say it was more of a massacre. The warriors attacked the villaged from three sides and overwhelmed the poorly prepared people. The only real resistance was when the enemy chieften and about 50 of his guard charged some Dunguntiz. But they were quickly surrounded and butchered. When the chieften was killed the enemy surrendered. And Parsal ordered the warriors to raize the village. Parsal himself oversaw many of the killings himself muttering strange words the whole time. When it was over it seemed as if the lines apprently only i could see were glowing stronger. And thus the Gawjam-Rugoz was captured. I found a Rugoz woman hiding under the floor of her hut. When she saw me she screamed,"I THOUGHT OUR PEOPLES WERE AT PEACE. SINCE YOU MONSTERS KILLED MY HUSBAND AND THREE SONS I HOPE YOU ALL BURN IN THE PITS OF HEL FOREVER!!!" She was draged off broken and screaming. I was confused. Didnt they attack us?
    270BC
    Today our host has returned home yet im still shaken by the events atthe Gawjam of the Rugoz. When i got to the court i heard of similar event in the Gawjam of the Kimbroz. And i was also told by my teacher that papers had been found that linked the "attacks" to the tribe of the Habukoz in the west near the mighty Rhine. My father order his brother to attack the Gawjam of the Habukoz. I was to go with them again. However this time Parsal didnt go for the king asked him to aid him in administering the new territories. I have grown uncomfortable with the amount of influence this man holds over my father.

Spring 269BC
    Today we left our Gawjam behind, on our way to war again. My uncle had his orders. We marched out during the spirng of the fourth winter of unity, thorught the dark forests and bog swamps around the Sweboz Gawjam as we marched i once again smelled the dark earth and saw the bogs form atop the elevated roads of my homeland. I talked to my uncle and asked him what he though of all these happenings. he told me that while he though these strange his first priority was to his king. As such he march his armies out to the lands of the Habukoz and assulted their Gawjam.
    Summer 269BC
    While our enemies were unprepared once again they held out for most of the summer due to the walls around their Gawjam. However once we had built a ram we began our attack. As the ram was moved up to the wall it became stuck serveral times. However we got it up to the wall and broke the gates into splinters. And our warriors poured in to the Gawjam. The weakened enemy desperately tried to stop us five different times however when their chieften fell they retreated to the center on the Gawjam and fought to the death. In all it was a brave defense, however futile. However my uncles orders were to bring all of the inhabitants back to our Gawjam to be terminated. I found this horrifiying. However my uncle had his orders.
    Winter 269BC
    Just yesterday we arrived back at our Gawjam with many prisoners,among them the son of our enemy chieften. Parsal ordered them al to be executed, except for the boy. He is barely 12 years old and is one of the most beauitful people ive ever seen. This poor boy was brought before Parsal and he was questioned. When the boy told Parsal he knew nothing of his fathers plans, Parsal because irritated. After several hours of questioning that got him nowhere he became enraged and ordered the boy brought to his private chambers. I followed them as they shoved the boy inside. Parsal tortured him for another hour. When the boy still didnt talk, Parsal got REALLY quiet. he then put his finger up and began to mutter more of those strange words. Then he placed his finger to the boys head. What happened next brings horror to my mind as i write it down. I swear to you, Odin, Thor and all the stars in the sky, when that "man" (at this point she throws up) put his finger on this tender youths head the boy stood shock still then after a few seconds his stomach began to roll up and curl. Then it looked to me as if bubbles were forming in his stomach.Theyquickly speard to most of his body. He looked as if his were being ripped apart by monster and evil spirits from the inside out. Then he opened his mouth to scream. What came out of his mouth was not a scream but instead it was his blood and red tinted steam. Parsal had i realised caused the boys blood to BOIL. As i watched his body MELTED into a puddle. Parsal merley got a servant to wipe up the mess and then went on with his day. I cant write anymore as this weeks events have left me bone tired and frightened.
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 10-27-2008 at 15:04.

My balloons:

Wow, you have talent with this, seriously! You are now officialy a fellow AAR writer!

Maion
    ~Maion

At this point not a lot happened in my Game as i was 21k mnai in debt but thanks to all the conquests i was able to get out of it in about 3-4 years. So this is mainly a story part.

Chapter Two: Omens
    269BC-264BC
    Winter 269BC
    Today my father summoned me to his private chambers to celebrate my thriteenth winter of life. The only people in attendance were my father, my uncle and his two boys,and my new baby half-brother named Wagaztizga. The little baby had a rough time coming into this world as his mother died giving birth to him, much the same as mine did. As the only boy born to my father he was to be the heir to my fathers kingdom upon my fathers death, i pray that never happens. However i fear it may be far sooner that i think for recently my father has become pale, sickly, and weak. While he remains an able adminstrator, it is my uncle who does most of the fighting. However recently there has been peace among our lands, as well as a population boom. With all the new and empty lands that have been conquered the people have begun moving to rebuild the destroyed Gawjams and resettle the new lands. And most of our enemies fear us for our prowess (i think its the amount of buchery and shadow warfare we have engaged in) as Parsal puts it, they mostly keep to themselves. However today was a happy day and i am now proudly one winter older and only three winters away from the marriage age.

Summer 268BC
    Today we recived more strange portends. The Thing brought us news of a fallen star in the south of Swebozlandam. My uncle immediately called upon Parsal whom, as we had gradually found over the past few years, was a highly skilled seer to interpret these events. Parsal first asked if the star had been found. The Thing's messenger pulled forth a small chunk of a strange colored metal. This was VERY different than the peat bog iron that you would usually find in these lands. As most of the iron in these lands is peat brown/black, this chunk was blue and it shimmered in the light. At the sight of this metal Parsals eyes grew wider than shields. He immedialty DEMANDED the messenger give it to him. As the man did so Parsal smiled his horrible smile wider than usual and started drooling as if he had recieved services from one of his female "servants" better than usual. Then he immedialty retreated only say to my father that he had to study this portend. My father did nothing to even question him. I sometimes wonder what happened to the man i used to know and love.

Winter 266BC
    Today we got a shock. Apperently the tribe of Heruskoz were raiding our southern borders. Immediately Parsal took command of our warriors and bade them march to the Gawjam of the Heruskoz and crush them. I was not to go as it was to cold for one as young as me to be raiding.

Spring 265BC
    News from the southland raiders is not good. Apperently our forces were driven off as we tried to assult the Gawjam. Even as i write this they are apparently raiding smaller gawjams of the Heruskoz inpreparation of the next attack. Also i have noticed strange things happening within our Gawjam. At first it was minor like i though that i saw shadows moving or objects floating. But then it got worse such as several murders of young men and women where apperently their blood have been drained away. I think it is all Parsal's fault but my father says its nonsence and that these are the omens of the Gods. I simply cant understand how he can like this man so much when hes never trusted anyone but his brother and me like that before. But then i think what can i do and go to my favorite place within our gawjam. In the western side of the Gawjam there is a great old oak tree that has been there for centuries. In fact out village had been build about this Great Tree for an omen had told us it was sacred to Odin. And whenever i am sad i go there and sit in it great branches to clear my head and think things over. I also sometime see little fey (spirits) playing within the boughs of the tree.
    This is a sketch of my tree.

However when Parsal comes near they all start crying and run away. I simply dont now what it is about that man that bothers me other than his prowess as a seer. I mean yes he does have a penchant for cruelty but then most of our people are like that. However i have also noticed his strange "obsessions" such as his love of what ive come to call blood boiling. Also he seems to love very young women a bit too much. I hope he never turns his "attentions" to me.

Winter 265BC
    Today is the best day of my life!! Today my father and i celebrated my 16th winter of life. He went thorugh the ceremony of declaring me a woman before the Gods at the glade of Odin within our walls. Once he was done he immediately asked me what i though about being an adult now. I told him it was a wonderful feeling. Now i would be able to make him proud of me. After our little celebration i went to the tree again and mulled over my day. As i sit in its branches im writing this. i will have to go as there are important adult (she says this with joy and youthful impatience) matters that i must attend to.
    ------------------
    Tear stains are all over these pages

Winter 265BC
    OH horrible, TERRIBLE day! Even as i write these words iam shaking like a leaf and i appologize if my writing is sloppy. Barely a week after i became of age Parsal came to my father and askedfor my hand in marriage. I was horrified at the prospect but thankfully my father said to him, "My friend. I am sorry but i cannot grant you this favor as you are not of royal blood." As much as Parsal insisted my father gently but firmly refused. Parsal left angry but undaunted. Then just yesterday while my father was sleeping Parsal barged into my room and grabbed me by the throat and dragged me to his chambers. I kicked and screamed the whole way, cursing at him telling him my father would kill him for this. He just laughed his bone-chilling laugh and threw me onto his bed. He then stripped me down and said to me, "No matter what your father ssaid i WILL have you!!"". He then......he.....(she stops here and starts to bitterly weep)...he had his way with me. He was....(more tears)... i cant even bear to write about what he did to me. After he was done and had passed out i ran away as fast as i could i ran to the tree and weapt for several hours at what that....that MONSTER had done to me. The next day i told my father everthing but he didnt even beileve me or seem to care. When i saw that monster again he somehow froze me in place and told me that he hopped id bear good children for him. He then walked away laughing his hateful laugh. As i write this i am still crying my heart and soul out. But now i must go and get some sleep.
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 02-21-2009 at 06:57.

My balloons:

Hmmm. I see you're going more for a fantasy fanfic of EB than a true AAR, but it's pretty good. For some reason it reminds me of Doom 3.

@desert Umm i though that threr was no difference between the 2?

EDIT: Doom 3?? wow i didnt think it was all that crazy
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 10-28-2008 at 01:23.

My balloons:

I like what i see so far, it makes me want to go start that sweboz campaign that i have always wanted to play but haven't got around to yet. I will definitally stay tuned.

Ok now for an intermission

INTERMISSION

I am taking this time to explain to all those out there that are reading this some of the things that are going on in my AAR. As desert pointed out this is not a true AAR. My apologies for this but as it is my first time writing i missunderstood how broad the term AAR could be used. As it is this is a fantasy fiction story and im RPing it with the Sweboz faction. And yes there is a campain im using i just didnt take any screens till now due to comp issues (anti-alasing) How every i have worked around this problem and have take a screen of my current situation ill try to post it here

and it wont let me
    ok anyways i was going to say firstly a BIG

THANK YOU

to all those that have read this and i hope to provide you with a satsifying story for as long as possible
    secondly let me explain to you how this AAR is different from a more "real world" style one such as MAAs or Chuiregon's (btw if either of you 2 read this just let me say you guys are my heros, MAA your Makedon AAR is BEYOND epic, and Chuiregon i LOVED your Lusotannan AAR and i wish it didnt end)
    There are of course my references to magic. And no its not like the pretend magic that real life peoples of that time used its acutal magic. You know the kind that where you look at a person wrong and he turns into a goat, sheep, bursts into flames, ect...

there will also be the plot twists (i wont reveal any of these as not to ruin the story) that involve thing that are impossible in this "reality" like stuff right out of LotR (except without copyright lawsuits)

Finally i would like to say that EB is one of the GREATEST games i have ever played and the commounty here is wonderful. Well thats about it for me

END OF TRANSMISSION (chaotic static sounds)

EDIT:

there we go
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 10-29-2008 at 08:04.

My balloons:

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

It's ok. This kind of AAR is fun too. You don't necessarily stick with reviewing your gameplay in an AAR. There have been many I've read that were mostly just fiction. Keep it up!

As for screenshots, I would suggest downloading some kind of software to do the screenshots, such as FRAPS. This way, you can take screenshots without having to turn off AA.

Ive said it before and i KNOW i will say it again "TIME TO SHED THE BLOOD OF ENEMIES!!"

Chapter Three:Times of War, Times of Insanity (Part One)

Spring 263BC

It has been awhile since ive wrote in this journal. Things have gotten chaotic within Swebozlandam as of late. Firstly i will write of the conquests of our armies. In the lands of the Heruskoz to our south the warband my uncle commands has been reinforced with a few bands of Jungunthiz and even some Skutjonez. As i write these words in my tree they are assulting the Gawjam of the Heruskoz even as we speak and if the last messengers report is true to words, then we are finally succeding. Also to our far north the lands of the Skandza will soon come under the assult of our armies. Apperently there are a people to the north of the Skandza that arent human. From what minds our spies have picked these strange creature call themselves elves or something of the like. Parsal became VERY interested in these creatures when he heard of them and asked the Skandza to turn one of them over to him. Even though he offered a heavy sum the Skandza sent the messenger back in pieces saying that they would NEVER turn over any of the cherished of Frejya like some common animal. And so we go to war to try and captures at least one of these beings. I fear that he will want to preform one of his "tests" on one if he gets half the chance.

This brings me to my next topic. As of late Parsal has begun to say strange things. Whenever he speaks on his platform in the town square, he talks of a way of seeing that allows one to control the world around him and shape it to his will. Some say that this is a right only reserved for the highest of all the gods, Odin. Parsal merely laughs at this and says that he has seen visions of an even older and more powerful god than Odin, a god that grants his faithful the powers of these "magics" as he calls them. And the god allows his followers to spread his name and his powers among the peoples of the land. He says that many other peolpes have already become disciples of this god and that they follow his teachings. And he offers to teach those around him who will but dare to follow, and dare to believe. Many don't, for they cant bring themselves to abandon the gods their fathers worshiped. But a few do. The people he does manage to recruit are immediatley divided up into three groups. The worshipers are by far the largest. These are normal people who worship this new god. The second group are far fewer. However the "gifts" they recieve are sickening to look at. They have become monsters. They have grown horns and scales. Tails and forked tounges. They remind me of snakes. They are also far stronger and much, MUCH more aggresive than most of my tribe. And thats saying something for the whole of the Germanic peoples have always been angry and passionate about their battles. But i wander....Now for the third group of.....i dont think i can call them men anymore. This is a group of three or four youths that Parsal has taken under his wing. And he teaches them how to use the magics. These are the people responsible for the "gifts" of the second group.

Also i do have a little good news. After the ...... night ...... he waited for me to bear him fruit. However, and i praise Odin for this, his vileness didnt carry within me. As such he lost interest in me and moved on to ply his "passions" on other women. He has also set up the school for his students underneath my tree. As such i must be careful to NOT be anywhere near the tree when his classes are being held. Fortunatley he only holds them at night in this little hovel that he has built beneath my tree.
    So i must go and pack my things for i am expected to go on the campain to subdue the Skandza and capture one of these elf creatures.

Autunm 263BC

It sure gets cold REALLY soon here in the Skandzalandam. Our army quickly overwhelmed the Skandza and their walless Gawjam in barely a week after arriving here near the end of the spring. The battle was short and brutal. While my uncle held the front some Jungunthiz circled the gawjam and wiped it out. By the time the enemy realised this it was far too late for them. The local Thing surrendered. However my uncles orders were to butcher the inhabitants, as usual. After we burned the village we consturcted our camp upon its ashes. Then my uncle order the band to go forth and bring before him an elf creature. It turns out that these elves are VERY hard to find. And they also apper to very good at hiding themselves. we search the whole summer near and within the desnse forest to the north of our camp. All we got for it was dead warriors. We would find usually three or four a day full of arrows either on the ground or up in a tree. At the end of the summer, when the first of settlers arrived from Swebozlandam we found that an entire band of Jungunthiz had been ambushed and butchered. All told we lost half of the army hunting for one of these elf creatures. I do believe however that i managed to find of one of them. Or rather he found me. I was sitting in a tree one day outside of the camp while most of the warriors were away. I think i had fallen asleep. Well i woke with a start because i had though i had heard a noise in the branches above me. When i looked around i saw nothing but i had this strange feeling come over me. It was as if i was being watched. After a few minutes i didnt see anything, but i noticed the sun was about to set so i prepared to get down and go to the camp so i didnt get hurt or locked out after the sun set. As i was making my way down i slipped off of a branch and started falling down until something caught me. I looked up and saw a slender hand holding onto my wrist. As the hand pulled onto the brach i saw what was attached to the rest of it. He had to be the most wonderous being i had ever seen. He was about 20 hands tall, towering over me at a mere 12 hands. He had the most lustrious gloden hair i had ever seen, and his eyes were as green as the leaves that surrounded me. But when i looked at his ears i saw that they were elongated by about half a hand and ended in points. As soon as i saw that i knew he wasnt human. Thinking he was about to kill me i recoiled backwards. He grabbed me again, and sat me down, holding onto me this time. The he spoke to me in near perfect German with a lilting accent. I have recorded the coversation here.
    He said to me, "Who are you?" At this i was shocked. But i gathered my wits enough to respond. "My..my name is Aluruno", i told him. He bowed deeply before me. "Greeting to you Aluruno, my name is Kellelsin." I curstied as best i could. "Thank you for saving me Kellelsin. Now what to what do i owe this visit?" He told me,"I am trying to assertain the reason why your people butchered the Skandza and are currently hunting for my people." After a moment i looked at him. "It is a LONG story"' I told him. He said to me,"I have the time." So i sat and began telling him the tale of the coming of Parsal. Of how he had single handely taken control of my father and thusly the Sweboz tribe. And i had told him of how Parsal had used my father to declare wars with the other tribes to take control over the region. And i told him why he was interested in the elves. After i had said these things he was quiet for a very long time. Then he said to me,"All that i can say is that i pity your people for they have come under the influence of a monster. Also know this None of your men will ever be able to catch us. For we know these forests to well. We know how to hide and how to make our hunters become the hunted." I nodded. Then he saw that it was getting late so he offered to take me back to the camp. As we were on our way i told him some things of myself. When i told him of my Codex and of my histories, he looked at me for a second. Then he said to me,"If i may be so bold good lady, please write of my people in your codex under our true name so that we will not be forgotten by the world. After all we have existed in the northern lands for a very long time and we all fear that our people may one day be wipe out by our aggressors." I gladly agreed. After all he had saved my life. I asked him what their name was. He said these words to me, "Ulmor Caraz Elfroditch". After that we arrived back at the camp and said our goodbyes.
    This is, to the best of my abilities, a sketch of him.

Two weeks after this incedent (Which i told NOONE of) my uncle gave up the search and helped the new settlers build the camp into a real gawjam. After this he ordered several Jungunthiz bands at the new gawjam to remain while the rest of the army went home. We leave tommorow, so i must go and pack my things.
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 02-21-2009 at 06:54.

My balloons:

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    It's ok. This kind of AAR is fun too. You don't necessarily stick with reviewing your gameplay in an AAR. There have been many I've read that were mostly just fiction. Keep it up!

As for screenshots, I would suggest downloading some kind of software to do the screenshots, such as FRAPS. This way, you can take screenshots without having to turn off AA.
    OMG I got MAA to comment on my AAR (Does the super happy dance then goes insane and does this)

OK on a serious note
    @MAA Thanks for the advice on AAR content, also i did Download fraps and it works for me what im having problems with is uploading screens to my posts
    but thanks for posting
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 10-28-2008 at 19:28.

My balloons:

Chapter Three: Times of War, Times of Insanity (Part Two)

Spring 262BC

We have returned to the Capital. However upon our arrival we were stopped by some of the snake-men that serve Parsal. They questioned us about our exploits against the Skandza. However after we told them, they asked us if we had captured an elf creature. We my uncle told them no, them became enraged and attacked my uncle. It took 25 of the soldiers to get them off a of my uncle, and when we had done so, my uncle was forced to be bedridden for four weeks with scars and fever. He managed to beat the illness. I thank Freyja for this. Parsal was very angry when we had not magaed to capture an elf though, so relieved my uncle of his command. In his place he put my cousin Harthawulfaz.

There has been news of the assult of the Herukoz and their gawjam. Our army has yet to break down their walls. However, we have completely encircled them and are currently attempting to starve them out.
    Also there is news of the world beyond the Germanlandam. To the west the civil war within Gaul is still ongoing, with no winner in sight. To the south the Romani have taken all of the Po valley. To the far east a people called the Arche Seleukia have apperently beaten a people called the Aegyptoi in a conflict called the Syrian wars and are currently assulting the River homeland of the Aegyptoi. These messages have been sent to us by our great explorer Hargardaz. However i must go now for one of the servants is calling fior my aid.

Summer 262BC

Sad tidings! About three weeks ago Parsal was holding one of his classes beneth my tree his little hovel suddenly burst into flames killing all of his apperintices, and burning the life out of my poor tree. However that bastard escaped unharmed. When he was questioned as to what happened, he told us that one of his students tried to grasp a power far beyond his scope. It had detroyed them all. He would have died too if his skills with the magics werent so advanced. However since the incedent he has refused to take on more apprentices. After the fire i went to my tree and tried to climb into it. When i got to the spot i usually sit at the sence of comfort that i usually felt was gone, destroyed along with the life of the tree. I wept for a few hours thinking of how that monster was trying to destroy my soul. First he takes my father, then he....takes my innocense, and NOW he takes my sanctuary from me?!?!?!!? While i was crying however i saw that a Fey was approcing me. I was confused. Usually the fey leave me alone and i do the same for them. However this one came up to me and spoke to me. I will write down the conversation as best as i can.

The Fey said to me,"Young one why is it that you sit here and cry?" I told him,"Because i used to love sitting here when the tree was alive, this was a place of comfort for me. But now that monster has destroyed it too." The fey looked at me and said, "You know the being that destroyed this sacred place?" I told him i did. The Fey then said," With your permission, i would like to see what your mind has seen of this being." I though about it for a moment, then agreed. When i said this he immediately got very close to my face and stared straight into my eyes. Then i felt him sifting through my memories, searching for the images he sought of Parsal. Surprisingly enough i felt no pain as i did when the seers do this to me. He was very gentle with me. When he was finished he looked at me and immediately said, "Your people are in grave danger. The man you know as Parsal is in fact a demon. My master, Odin, to whom this tree is sacred, has been hunting this demon for he serves the giants who seek to topple The Halls of Heaven. All of the gods are threatened by the giants. This demon serves the giants and spreads their vile ways and twisted magics." I was stunned. The man whom had taken my father was a demon?!?!? The man whom had....taken my innocence....Was a DEMON?!?!? I began to cry again. The fey looked at me and told me, "Little one do not weep. For i have seen within you the potential for great good." I looked at him, very confused. He then took a deep breath, and told me,"As i was looking into your mind i saw that you have the potential for the magics too." I looked at him horrified. He saw thelook on my face and said, "Fear not young one i do not mean magics like that of the demon. Let me tell you a truth of magic. Magic is only as evil as the person who uses it makes it to be. Odin himself is a master of the magics. He has created Three Laws for those whom have the talent to use the magics. Disobdince to these laws are what makes the magics the demon uses evil. He has become a Waerlinga, a foul oath-breaker. He feeds on living souls to increase his powers. He takes the slain souls of your peoples military conquests and feed hem to his foul masters for more powers." I shuddered horrified at what this meant. All the years of death, bloodshed, and hatred, all of that, were for nothing more than to feed this power-mad beast. Then the Fey spoke to me. He said,"If you wish it i can teach you the ways of proper magics so you may defeat this demon and save your people. I will not be easy and i cant promise you it will be enough. but its the best chance your people have for freedom. And i will require a life-long pledge to Odin, for he will be the one to gift you with the magics to use as you will." I though long and hard on this. I though of what that demon has done to my father, to my people and to me. Then i agreed to it. The fey smiled and told me the oath i was to take. When i had done so he began to speak in a strange language that sound similar to but less meancing than those of the demon. After he had finished i felt a surge of what i can only call pure power within me. I could see the world far more clearly. I could feel the earth beneath me within my bones. I could taste rain that had not yet formed. Then i felt a shield go up around me. I looked at the fey and realised he was shielding me, i asked him why. He said to me," I am protecting you from the sight of the demon. For he can sense the powers around him just as you can. If he were to discover you had recieved power then he would not hesistate to destroy you before you became a threat. But now i must teach you your most important lesson. How to shield yourself from the sight of others with the power. For the first law of magic is that where a magical entity tries to change the world around it, the scope is very limited to the immediate area around the entity. However, two magical entities can fight each other across contienents."
    I learned that lesson quickly. I went home that night sore but feeling very safe and finally, for the first time since that demon came into my world, like i had some control. For the rest of the summer i learned of magics and how to use them from the Fey. From him i learned of the other two laws of magic, That magic given freely may be used for whatever purpose but that stolen magic, which is usually far more powerful, cannot be used without care, for if it were to get out of control then it would destroy the wielder. The other law is that when the user of magic becomes powerful enough it physically manifests upon the user, in the form of how the magic is used. I also learned of the abilties to manipulate the wind to carry object to where i wanted to go, of how to use even the tinyest light of a candle to heal even the most greivous wounds. I also learned of how to form light into a holy weapon to smite my foes. As i learned of magics i also began to study my opponent to see what i could learn of his weaknesses, to see if i could use them against him. Now as the leaves turn golden-brown i prepare to enter the hardest part of my studies. How to define the magics as a part of my soul and of my being. I must go now my master, the Fey whose name ive come to know as Ridougud, to begin it.

Winter 262BC

There is news from the southlands. The gawjam of the Herukoz has finally fallen. The enemy warchief, a man named Athagaraz, finally saw that he had to drive our forces away before his people starved to death. However when almost all of his forces were outside the gate, a group of our snake-men, cut them off and took the settlement. The people there were bound in chains and sent all over our kingdom to serve the Sweboz. And more settlers are going to the newly conquered gawjam to live there as our lands are rather poor. However, this is not enough for Parsal. He wants more conquest. More chaos,and more death. Also my brother seems to have developed a fever as of late. My father sends Parsal to heal him. And yet when Parsal leaves him he seems only to have gotten worse. So i use my meager healing power to try and remove the damage to my brother that that monster has done. However i am losing, for that monster is doing far more damage than i can correct. (There are tear stains here) I fear i may lose him.

Now onto happier news. I have learned of a spell that may defeat the demon. However i will only get one chance to use it, for when cast upon him it will reveal his true shape and nature for but a brief time. This will weaken him for as long as the spell lasts, and he will know whom cast it upon him instantly. So i must bide my time until i am strong enough to take him on. I must go now for my father calls me.
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 10-29-2008 at 05:37.

My balloons:

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf Blackeyes View Post
    what im having problems with is uploading screens to my posts
    What problems are you having?

It probably how im trying to upload my screens. See im thinking that i can copy/patse them onto my posts if anyone know how to get them on to the posts plz tell me

Thanks in advance

My balloons:

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

I didn't even know I was famous.

Usually, the image hosting website will give you a series of windows with code in them after you upload your picture. Find the the one with [ IMG ] [ /IMG ] , copy it, and put it in your post.

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

It probably how im trying to upload my screens. See im thinking that i can copy/patse them onto my posts if anyone know how to get them on to the posts plz tell me

Thanks in advance
    You cannot just paste the picture from your computer, the pasted picture has to be caopied from some place on the Internet, whether it be an image-hosting website, a personal webpage, wikipedia, etc.

You have to upload them onto your account at some image album website such as PhotoBucket Picoodle(?), Picasa, etc. Then, when posting on .Org forums, you have to click the "Insert Image" button (a small yellow icon with a picture of two grey triangles and a grey square in the corner). A small screen will pop up, prompting you to insert the image URL. When you get to this point, you go to your newly-created album at an image-hosting website, right click the particular picture and one of the options will be "copy the image location". Click on that and you will have the image URL on your clipboard. Then just Ctrl+V the address into the "small screen" that appears when you click the Insert Image button. After this post whatever you have written/pasted and the URL magically turns into the picture you wanted!

Hope this helps; PM me if you need clarification.

EDIT: Oh well, MAA beat me the post. That's what I get for being so wordy!
    Last edited by Aemilius Paulus; 10-29-2008 at 06:11.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    I didn't even know I was famous.
    As for that, you sure are. As a matter of fact you're my personal .Org hero. No joke intended there.

i DID IT WOOT

This is my current situation
    No that ive figured that out i would like to know where id get one of hose faction symbols for my sig plz??
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 10-29-2008 at 08:12.

My balloons:

No that ive figured that out i would like to know where id get one of hose faction symbols for my sig plz??
    You go here: https://www.europabarbarorum.com/downloads_artwork.html and copy&paste the picture into your signature slot.

Chapter Four: Rebirth (Part One)

Spring 261BC
    There is news of our army. Parsal has order the troops to march out under his direct command to the gawjam of the southern Heruskoz. Many winters before we invaded the northern tribes lands, the Heruskoz had grow VERY large. So large that their tribe had split in half. Some stayed in their gawjam in the north. However many instead chose to migrate and invaded the lands of a celtic tribe to the south. The land that we are about to try and take still bears the name of Mroc Arcouge. They took EXTREME offense at our invasion of the northern Heruskoz gawjam and are preparing to fight us. As Parsal goes to subdue them, he has replaced many of my fathers guard with his snake-men. I beleve this is to try and keep my father n line while he is away. He has also ordered my cousin, Harjarwulfaz to go east. To the east there is a tribe of Germans called Silengoz. They live in a remote area to the southeast of Swebozlandam. So the fight will be hard however i have every confidence that he can win. However that is far from my mind at the moment. When Parsal leaves i am not going with him. As long as he is away from the capital i can practice my magics far more freely and i can get stronger far quicker. I WILL also be using this time to heal my brother of the illness. While i was trying to correct the damage the Parsal had cast upon him before however i began to suspect that it had been Parsal whom had if fact infected him in the first place. Now that Parsal is leaving i can try to correct the evil that is within my little brother rather than just ease his symptoms.

Also news has come in from the west apperently the Gaulish tribes met in a huge battle that destroyed both armies. It may be some time before either side can recover. I believe Parsal will attempt to crush them underfoot after he has conquered everything on this side of the Rhine. I hope i can destroy him before he has the chance to envolve us in an insane attempt to conquer the rest of the world.

Spring 261BC
    As i am writing this Messengers are coming in from the east. My cousin has succefull managed to subdue the Silengoz. It was a hard fight, but the tribe was underequipped and heavily outmaned, so my cousin just ran them into the dirt. As he works to set up and local Thing, loyal to Swebozlandam, he is also going to spare them any unesassary butchering and enslavement. My cousin has always been a kind man, just like my uncle was. However, when Parsal hears of this, he may relieve my cousin of command. My uncle tried his best but he had been under the direct influnce of the demon, so there was little he could do. My cousin however is advocating unity and not bloodshed for the people of Germanlandam. He thinks we should unite and crush our enemies rather than each other. I think that if this happened we'd be nigh-unstoppable. But as long as Parsal exists this cannot happen, for the demon's very nature is to cause suspsion and hatred. So i still bide my time, getting stronger and preparing for the day when i can susecfully overthrow the demon. I have also been securing the loyalties of those dissatisfied with the demons rule. I currently have under my command a whole band of Skutjonez. It will be up to these men to suppress the followers of the demon and destroy the snake-men whom serve him when the time comes. I am also in communications with the remaining human royal guards, many of them are dissatified with how Parsal has made my father into an ill and broken shell of the great man he once was. They are also pissed at the fact that Parsal is ordering many of them to step down. This may just work in my favor. I am also happy to report that i have managed to remove most of the cursed illness the the demon put upon my little brother. However i suspect he may have been irrepribly harmed by the disease. Only time will tell i suppose.

Autunm 261BC
    Messengers have come in from the south. Apperently Parsal had an attempt made on his life by an assassin of the Heruskoz. However he used his magic to capture the man. Then he brought the poor man before the walls of their gawjam. He applauded the Heruskoz for the attempt however commented to them that resistance to his rule was foolish. He then took the man and did a PUBLIC display of his ability to boil someones blood. Now while this assassin was probably not the best of men he did NOT deserve that fate. When Heruskoz saw this they were HORRIFIED the messenger told us, and he believed so were most of our own men. The Heruskoz have been disheartened and will soon fall. The messenger told my father that Parsal expected to be home by the snowfall. Upon him saying this i made up my mind about something. I cant wait any longer. I have no more time, for if i let this go on he will become too strong. The more souls he gets his hands on, the more powerful he becomes. Once hes done with the Heruskoz he will learn of the Silengoz's survival. He may have my cousin killed for his insolence. And then he will order the massacre of the Silengoz putting him permanently out of my ability to stop. So i must kill him this winter or DIE trying.
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 10-29-2008 at 23:47.

My balloons:

And here it is

Chapter Four: Rebirth (Part two)

Winter 261BC
    Let me begin.
    Three weeks ago Parsal arrived back from the Heruskoz battle, flush with victory and his own invincibilty. Having obliterated the last of the truely free Germanic tribes he immediately sent many Sweboz settlers to the new lands. He then asked for news of the Silengoz. When he was told that my cousin had spared them, he became enraged and immediatly ordered him to come back to the capital. He was to be tried for treason. At this point i began to develop the plan to overthrow the demon. With most of the garrison supporting me, we began to gather supplies and weapons for the upcoming battle. The plan was that when the demon (and none of them knew the full extent of what Parsal was) brought my cousin to trial a signal would be given. When the signal went off the garrison was to attack and arrest all of the demons followers, suppporters, and converts. As for the snake-men, we knew they would never give up so we planned to kill as many as we could. The captain of the human guard, a man named Tharokoz would bring as many men that dared to defy the demon. If he could be arrested then so be it otherwise he must be killed. It took the captain a long time to convince me not to just have him killed on the spot. My part in the battle was too say the spell that would weaken him so hopefully we would bring him down without too much loss of life. However, that plan changed as soon as my cousin reached the capital. For instead of giving him a trial, the demon ordered my poor cousin brought to his private chambers. I knew instantly that he would kill him right then and there. So i put on this wonderfully light scale mail armor that the good capitain had provided for me. Then i went and put a scrying spell upon my cousins person and viewed the events from within the braches of my tree. My master Ridougud sat and watched with me. We waited for the right moment to strike. The demon questioned him for about an hour trying to figure out why my cousin had done it. I didnt let the torture go on any longer than that I immediatly told Captain Tharokoz to signal the attack and began to chant my spell. I shall record what happened next here to the best of my memory.

As the captain sounded his horn, and ran to join his men, my spell began to reach fever pace. I knew i had to hurry because as soon as i had started the demon knew instanly that something was wrong. It didnt take him long to realise that someone was tampering with his magics. He raced out of his chambers, the human form around his body shimmering and dimming. I could tell he was heading straight for me. So i increased the pace of my spell still further. And though i could no longer see him i knew he was desperatley racing towards me. My master knew he would make it before i could finish by myself so he joined in adding his magics to my own. At this the demon wailed a horrific cry of terror and pain and tripled his speed. However as he turned the corner at the section my tree was in the spell was completed. Suddenly, he stopped, as the visage of humanity around his vanished. What was in its place i could hardly believe. There stood before me What i would have at first mistaken for a snake-man. Except this one, in addition to the scales, claws, tail, and forked tougne, were eyes as black as the pits of Hel's domain.He also had huge, leathery wings not unlike those of a cave bat, except far larger. Also his feet were clawed and elogated into a shaped not unlike that of a swamp frog's. Also his mouth had become like a bear's muzzle but wider and scaled, and full of razor sharp teeth. He seemed to drool fire. And eminating from serveral pores on his body were flames as black as night. They seemed to consume the light around them. I stared at this horrific being for several seconds before he located me as the source of his exposure. Villagers around him screamed and began to flee for their lives. He then did a strange thing. He killed three of the villagers around him and while doing so spoke more of the words i had come to realise were waerlinga magics. I watched in horror as the poor souls were shacked and the thrust into his pocket of his trousers, which were the only thing on him to survive the transformation. I thought this odd so while he was busy i used a little of my magics to see what was inside. To my surprise it was the blue stone that the local Thing had delilvered nearly seven winters ago. I realised to my shock that he was using the Stone to hold the souls of his victims and feed off of their power. I realised that my revealment spell had knocked loose his hold on the Stone. So i figured that if i could break it he would be helpless against me. As he finished his "meal" he turned to me and spoke. His voice was completly different. It has become a low roar with deep undertones. He said, "Foolish witch, you have exposed me. So now you will die." I laughed at him, desperatley trying to keep the fear out of my voice and said to him, "NO DEMON! It is YOU whose turn has come to die. The blood of many tribes are on YOUR hands. And i WILL deliver the justice that is due unto them." I began to climb down from the tree while i spoke this. As i did so i could feel him gathering all of the power that my spell had not sapped from him to the fore. He then laughed his hateful laugh and said to me,"You speak of doing your "justice" upon me!?!?!?! HA! You couldn't even hurt a fly without your little friend there." He then pointed at Ridougud. I realised something else at that moment and it gave me hope for the coming fight. He though that my magic had not been bound to my soul yet. He believed that if my master were to die i would be left powerless, and defensless. I yelled at him, "Its time to see justice done!! FOR ODIN!!FOR THE HALLS OF THE HEAVENS!!!" At this he laughed, and then let out a huge roar. He then proceeded to wait for a few moments. When no sound was heard in return he became confused and angry. I realised that he was trying to summon his snake-men and worshippers. I was realieved and scared at the same time. For this told me that the garrison and the human royal guards were doing their job but that was also on my own with this monster. He then roared at me and charged with fireballs forming in his hands. I immediatly began to bufferet him with the power of the winds. And then when he had slowed i took the rubble of a building he has broken, and sent them fly around him, putting him in a mini-whirlwind. However he almost immediatley burned thorugh it and threw three fireballs at me in VERY quick sussecion. The first two i managed to fling away from me with the wind, but the third one i ducked under as it flew over me and hit a building behind me. The building..well i cant really say it any other way. It EXPLODED! Then as i was recovering the demon charged me throwing blackfire at me. I was struggleing to deflect his flames. He was far stronger than i thought, even after i had drained so much of his energy. He was still far more powerful than i was. Then Ridougud joined the fray. The fight evened up almost immediatley. Sensing this the demon cast a buffet of flames and cast me to the side so he could take on this new threat. I flew almost 10 hands into the air. I landed with a thud far to the side. As i got up i realised i had lost a LOT of energy. About 15 hands away from me the demon and Ridougud were battling it out, the demon throwing fireballs and making snare trails of flame, while my master was hurtling gusts of wind and ice barbs at him. I began to run back towards the battle. However, he began to throw fire over his back at me. He probably wasnt trying to hit me, just keep me away from the fight for long enough to kill my master. As i ducked and dodged the fireballs, i could tell the demon was begining to win. I tripled my pace but at this point my master was bound in the painful flame snares. Then the demon laughed and said to my master, "Little fool, it is time for you to join the others within my Stone." As he said this, he began to rip my masters soul apart and feed it into his Stone. I screamed, and formed the last of my remaining energy into a single blot of pure light. With a momumental effort i threw it at the Stone. With most of his defenses drained away and his concentration on my master, the bolt hit the Stone dead on. It shattered into little pieces. The demon threw my master's body away and began shrieking a baleful howl. As the souls within the Stone began to tear the demon apart, he grew more and more, until his own energy detroyed his body. He exploded, and the fire poured from his corpse into the town. And when the heat hit me, i blacked out and knew no more.

When my eyes opened again, i was in a high hall with pure white light everywhere. The hall was made of solid stone. Around me were warriors, women, chlidren, and above me were flows and flows of magic. And then i heard a voice. What happened next i will record here.

"Arise Child.", the voice said to me. This voice was deep and rich. I could tell it was also kind and gentle. As i rose, i heard the voice again. It said to me,"Come forth and approach us." As it spoke the sea of people parted and to my front was an open door, with incredibly bright light eminating from it. As i moved towards the doori looked at the people around me. I then noticed that they were staring at me thorugh sightless eyes. I suddenly realised i wasnt among the living anymore. As i realised this another voice spoke. It was feminie, beautiful and lilting. It said,"Yes child these are the Halls of Heaven. Now come forth and approach us." As i approached the door i slowed unsure of the light before me. The deep voice spoke again. "Do not fear for if you are pure of heart and mission the light will not harm you." I took and deep breath and plunged into it. When i emerged on the other side i found myself in a room of the whitest stones i had ever seen. The room was circular and at regularly spaced intervals were 5 large thrones. On the throne directly in front of me was an old man with a gray beard. He was dressed into old leather armor with a battle axe by his throne. One of his eyes was missing and upon each shoulder was perched a raven. To the direct left of him was a stunningly beautiful woman with nutbrown hair and beautiful blue eyes. She was dressed in a leather chestpiece with chainmail trousers. On either side of her throne was a shield and spear. To her left was a awesomely beautiful man that looked much like her with the same shade of nutbrown hair and blue eyes. He was dressed in a cloth jerkin with leather trousers. Leaning on his throne was a large poleaxe. They looked like siblings. To the right of the old man was a man with a mane of red hair he was dressed in solid chain-mail and he had on his head a winged helm. Upon his lap was a HUGE battle hammer. To his right was a smaller man with golden-brown hair. He was dressed in the clothes of a mountaineer at his feet was a small sword. And upon his lap was a long horn that looked like it had seen much use. After looking around i realised that these were the high gods Odin, Freyja, Frejyer, Thor, and Tyr. I immediatley fell to my knees and STAYED that way. Odin began to chuckle.I stayed were i was. Then Odin said, "Please child rise, you have more than honored us this day." I did so. Then i asked, "Excuse me my Lord, but am i dead?" When i said this they all started to laugh. After a few minutes, (and much embarassment for me) Thor spoke to me. He said," No, no little one you are not dead. We are just restoring you to your true potential. Ahem... now Odin has some words for you." I turned to the mighty God. He said to me," Aluruno you have saved your people from a fate FAR worse than the pits of Hel's kingdom. As such i am here to offer you a reward. In exchange for continuing your service i will promise you more power to help those around you, to heal the hurts of the world around you. However it will come at a price. Just as i lost my eye at the Well of Knowledge, so you must lose your human sight." I though long and hard on this. I though of my father, of all the people slain in the demons mad lust for power. I asked mighty Odin a question. "If i do this will i be able to continue to live as i once did? With my father my family and my people?" The God said to me,"You will be FOREVER HONORED amongst your people and you shall be immortal so long as your are not killed by sword and spear. Also yes you shold be able to continue as you once did." Then i though about it some more. Finally i said, "I agree." Odin smiled at me then his two ravens whom i now knew to be Truth and Wisdom flew off of his shoulders and towards me. They stopped just in front of me and each one touched their beaks just above both of my eyes. Then the world slowly faded away. However i was still consious. Then i heard Odin speak to me. "Now GO child. Return to YOUR PEOPLE!!! Bring them the peace of the Gods."
    Only then did i know no more.

As i awoke the first thing i noticed was that i was resting on a bed. It was very comfortable, full of down feathers and straw. I looked up and saw a wooden roofed hall. However something was different about everything. Then i realised that everything was in a different shade of color than it would normally be. It was purer, more vivid, and far more thrilling than my normal magic sight was. I realised that this was true vision. Then i looked to the left and saw a man with his head down on the edge of the bed. I noticed that he was asleep. So i nudged him with my foot. His head shot up and i was staring into the face of my father. He had been crying, VERY HARD apperently. The first thing he did was to hug me and start crying again. I could tell immediatly that my father was back. He then said to me,"Can you ever forgive me for what that bastard has done to you." I hugged him just as tightly back, and i told him that it was fine that i had done everything for him and for our people, and that i still loved him. He then said to me,"Im so so sorry for what has happened to you my daughter. So sorry for the years of anger, of murder, and of was has happened to your beautiful eyes." I looked at him confused. Then he pulled a basin of water towards me. When i looked into it, i almost immediatly recoiled away HORRIFIED at what i had seen. From above each of my eyes to below each of them, there were the same kind of scar that had decroated the demons face. The only difference between his scars and my scars were that his scars had been emeniating red-black light mine glowed very light-blue. I began to cry. My father hugged me again and told me that it would be alright. He still loved me and i could tell it too. We sat there for a while and then he called in several guardsmen. He spoke to them and told them to stand guard over me so that he could get the festivities ready. I asked him what festival. He told me the one in my honor for i had saved our people from the grip of that demon. Then he left my codex by me and walked out.
    Last edited by Olaf Blackeyes; 10-30-2008 at 05:36.

My balloons:

Wow, you really have some inspiration writing all of this! I really admire you, as I don't get such inspirations (I get bored soon :-P). Anyway you keep on rocking

Maion
    Last edited by Maion Maroneios; 10-30-2008 at 14:10.
    ~Maion

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

Nice. Haven't seen the Sweboz in action since my second AAR, which died out a while ago due to lack of interest. Oh well.
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

This is excellent. I always thought there weren't enough Sweboz AARs.
    Completed campaigns:
    Vanilla Carthage
    BI Sassanids
    EB 1.1 Casse

"I don't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."
    -Nancy Reagan at an anti-drug rally.

Use the soul cube!
    lol

Chapter Four:Rebirth(Part Three)

Winter 261BC

Today i am to be honored by all of the people of Germanlandam. Today i am also celebrating my 20th winter of life. There have been festivities all month long of me but today is the greatest of them all. Ive even been given a new name apperently. The people have taken to calling me the White Lady. I know not were they got such a name from. Im very embarassed, all of this attention..... Oh well i guess theres nothing i can do.

There have been many things going on within Germanlandam since the demon was killed. Firstly the few remaining tribes have been given there rights back. There are only four tribes remaining within the Germanlandam, out of the 15 that were here before the demon came. They are the Sweboz, the Silengoz, the remains of the Heruskoz and the Skandza. Each of these tribes have been given the right to form their own tribal Thing. My father is also putting together something he is calling an "All-Thing". This will be were people from all of the tribal Things will come together and discuss the important issues, and decide upon what to do about them. The Heruskoz from Mroc Arcuogue were wiped out by Parsal when he defeated them. However the northern Heruskoz magaed to survive and are currently thriving. The Skandza went into hiding with the elves after my uncle defeated them. However the elves sensed the great change in the power of the world upon the death of the demon. It was only then that the Skandza came out of hiding. After all the years of bloodshed, hatred, chaos and evil commited by the demon against all Germans,My fathe had a decsion to make. When the first All-Thing met my father offered to give up all of the territorial claims that the demon had pushed my tribe into. While there were delagates of the Heruskoz that really wanted this to happen in the end the five man delegation split two for and three against. The Heruskoz decided that it would be better to stay within the umbrella of the Germanlandam than fall under a truly foreign power. The other three tribes agreed that it was how things needed to be.
    Also of note in the middle of these proceedings a VERY tall man burst into the chambers. What happened next i will record here.
    As the man entered the committee turned and looked confused. The man was dressed in a deep green cloak with the hood up. His armor was dark leather. At his side was a short sword. However the thing that caught the attention of the committee the most was the fact that on the sides of his hood were two holes. And out of those holes there were elongated ears that ended in points. My father spoke to the man. "Who are you and why have you barged in on us stranger?" However i recognised him immediaelty. I said to the man,"Hello there Kellelsin". I got up and walked over to him. He bowed before me. And then he spoke with his lilting voice," Ah and greetings to you Aluruno. I trust you have been well?" At this i laughed and said,"Why yes of course, in fact that monster has finally left us did you know?" At this my father spoke again,"Aluruno whom is this man and how do you know him? In fact WHAT is this man?" At this Kellelsin removed his hood and revealed those same deep green eyes to the council. I spoke to my father. "Father this ones name is Kellelsin and he is an elf." At this the whole council stared at him shocked. For as far as i could tell none of them had ever seen an elf. "And as for how i know him father, this elf saved my life once.", i said. Then i old him the story of how we met. When i had finished the tale my father looked at Kellelsin and said,"Good elf i thank you from the bottom of my heart for saving my daughters life and i wish to honor you." Kellelsin then said,"My lord it was nothing at all. After all i did get what i needed that day. Now i have a messeage for you." He then pulled a scroll out of the flods of his cloak. As he unfurled it he began to read. "To the most esteemed leaders of the Germans, We of the elves have recived signs that the former evil among you has been removed. As a result of said events we wish to join our peoples together as one nation, for there is safety in numbers. There have been many threats to our race over the years. We have had a poilcy of "Leave well enough alone" for most of those years. However the recent events of the invasion and the rise of the demon have shown us that we are vernerable to the events of the outside world. So our people have chosen a new course. We will side with the Germans due to the fact that you honor our mother Frejya. So as leader of the elves, i, Erllashe Trir Mourtague, do humbly request to be accepted among the people of the greater Germanlandam, my people, The Ulmor Caraz Elfroditch." As he finished my father and the other delegates looked deep in thought. Then one of the Silengoz delegates spoke. "I would support this inclusion into our great nation, for if any free people, human or not, would like the protection our armies can give them, then by the Gods we should support them!" Many among the council agreed. However the Heruskoz didnt like the idead of non-humans being allowed within Germanlandam. Arguments began to break out. Then my father said,"Noble delegates im sure this can be solved reasonably. I suggest this be put to a vote." It was agreed. A vote was held, and the final total was 12 for 11 against so the motion BARELY passed.
    After the vote Kellelsin was sent back to the Elves with a list of requirements that would be required for them to be accepted. Meanwhile other votes were passed. Such as army reform, mutual defense treaties, crop and hunting laws and boundaries, and of course trade treaties. As the night wore on and i got tried and left for the evening.

Summer 260BC
    Since the demon was killed, the Germanlandam has prosepered. The dead fields of previous winters have been replaced by lush and bountiful crops. The fields of wheat, barley and other fruits of the earth have become large and plentiful. I can only hope this time of prosperity lasts.
    There is news of the southlands as well. Apperenlty there are many rumors of revolt among the celts of Mroc Arcugoue. The death of the demon has left them thinking we are pitiful and weak. Well if they should try anything then we will show them.

My balloons:

At this point very little either story wise or campain wise actually happened so imma skip ahead a few years.

Chapter Five:Changes

Summer 256BC
    It has been many moons since ive written for the times of peace have been busy and fun. But there is great news. Many of the gawjams that were crushed by the demon have been fully rebuilt and are growing at an incredible rate. In fact the gawjam of the Kimbroz has prospered under Germanlandam rule. Many new villages are being built. In fact my father has begun extensive work on the Warrior's Hall. Soon it will become a true Hall of a Warlord. I must go now for there is still much work to be done.

Winter 254BC
    There is news. Filthy celts from the south have begun to raid the Mroc Arcogue. Despite past treaties, the celts of the....i believe the word i "Oppida".. of Vindccoples have begun butchering the southern Germans and encouraging revolt among our celtic subjects. Meanwhile to the East there have been tribes of Balts, Gaetians, Celts, and even rumors of a People called Makedonias, the bastard children of the Gaetians raiding and butchering the Silegoz gawjams. Several armies under the command of some of my distant family have been sent to control the situation. I can only pray for their safety.

Spring 252BC
    There is Horrific news from the east. Apperently almost all of the troops we sent there were.....well if reports are correct they were flatly ANNIHILATED. A huge army of incredibly skilled celts under a Traitor Makedonian general named Diazenis ambushed our army and utterly obliterated them.

(and no i didnt spawn this with code. it fricken hit me like a train)
    All of the members of my family that were there were either killed our captured and put to death in HORRIFIC ways. Ive even heard reports of one of my cousins having been tied up in a tree and torn limb from limb by a flock of flesh eating birds. As the news is coming in i can only pray for the safety of the Silengoz. My father is raising an army to be sent to the eastern front. I can only hope that the remain of the first army can hold the gawjam of the Silengoz long enough for our army to arrive.

Summer 252BC
    Apperently the east has stablized....for now. The huge celtic force is having to deal with the highly expasionistic Gaetians. However in the south the celts that remain within Mroc Arcogue have risen in revolt and fled to the forests. It will take a LONG time to flush them out. However the army that my father raised to fight in the east willl instead go south and i will go with them. For in the area of the revolt i can sense powerful shields of magic. So i guess that the enemy has seers within their army. I can only guess as to how many and how strong. I must go now and prepare for battle.

My balloons:

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast