Poll: Do you think that, if elected, Barack Obama will be assassinated during his term?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Assassination plot targeting Obama disrupted

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Default Assassination plot targeting Obama disrupted

Federal agents have broken up a plot to assassinate Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and shoot or decapitate 102 black people in a Tennessee murder spree, the ATF said Monday.

In court records unsealed Monday, federal agents said they disrupted plans to rob a gun store and target a predominantly African-American high school by two neo-Nazi skinheads. Agents said the skinheads did not identify the school by name.

Jim Cavanaugh, special agent in charge of the Nashville field office for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, said the two men planned to shoot 88 black people and decapitate another 14. The numbers 88 and 14 are symbolic in the white supremacist community.

The men also sought to go on a national killing spree, with Obama as its final target, Cavanaugh told The Associated Press.

"They said that would be their last, final act -- that they would attempt to kill Sen. Obama," Cavanaugh said. "They didn't believe they would be able to do it, but that they would get killed trying."
    Source: http://www.abc15.com/content/news/el...2-32d47fef9c1e and many other websites
    BLARGH!

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Default Re: Assassination plot targeting Obama disrupted

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    While this is not possible, I would almost like to see both of them tattooed with the following:

WARNING: This person is too stupid to breed. To prevent species damage, please choose someone with a functional brain for procreation.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Attempts? Yes. Success? No.

The Secret Service will be pretty hardcore on this one. Serious threats to his life will be assumed 24/7 in every possible place he goes. He'll have the best security it is possible to have in this world, and the crazies who would actually want to kill him aren't clever enough to get around that.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What Tincow said.

Even these idiots didn't think they'd get close to Obama.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    While this is not possible, I would almost like to see both of them tattooed with the following:

WARNING: This person is too stupid to breed. To prevent species damage, please choose someone with a functional brain for procreation.

I wanted to vote No, but I accidently voted Yes while trying to test the poll. >_>
    BLARGH!

They couldn't manage to kill Bush, so I doubt they'll have any better luck with Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    Attempts? Yes. Success? No.

The Secret Service will be pretty hardcore on this one. Serious threats to his life will be assumed 24/7 in every possible place he goes. He'll have the best security it is possible to have in this world, and the crazies who would actually want to kill him aren't clever enough to get around that.
    If Obama goes too far in trying to change the country, I wouldn't rule out the crazies getting some help from mighty large corporations who might be too greatly affected by this "change" Obama wishes to make.
    BLARGH!

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

killing obama would be the dumbest thing anyone could do. it would set us back toth e 60's in terms of race relations......

while im against obama, if he does become prez, i wish him the best, b/c he's still my president.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

When you're talking about people who can gulp down the notion that whites are an oppressed, superior race in a sea of inferior mongrel minorities in the United States.... I think the qualification of too stupid to breed is more or less already built-in.
    Koga no Goshi

I give my Nihon Maru to TosaInu in tribute.

Yesdachi swallowed by Jaguar! Member yesdachi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hooahguy View Post
    killing obama would be the dumbest thing anyone could do. it would set us back toth e 60's in terms of race relations......

while im against obama, if he does become prez, i wish him the best, b/c he's still my president.
    Isn’t that exactly what the crazy race haters would want?

I would give this a positive maybe. I’ll bet there are already a fringe percentage making plans but if he starts doing crazy pandering you can count on the fringe growing and his safety decreasing. The secret service is only so good.
    Peace in Europe will never stay, because I play Medieval II Total War every day. ~YesDachi

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

With all of those Secret Service guards (Presumably een more would be hired) and the FBI keeping a close eye on would-be assassins I don't think there is a good chance of Obama being assassinated. That said I certainly wouldn't want to be the guy who sold him life insurance.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CountArach View Post
    With all of those Secret Service guards (Presumably een more would be hired) and the FBI keeping a close eye on would-be assassins I don't think there is a good chance of Obama being assassinated. That said I certainly wouldn't want to be the guy who sold him life insurance.
    have you ever seen "vantage point?"
    lol
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koga No Goshi View Post
    When you're talking about people who can gulp down the notion that whites are an oppressed, superior race in a sea of inferior mongrel minorities in the United States.... I think the qualification of too stupid to breed is more or less already built-in.
    Of course it's built in. I just think a warning label like those on a pack of cigs is the least we can do in the interest of public health.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

assesinated? no. Threathened? Yes.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Of course it's built in. I just think a warning label like those on a pack of cigs is the least we can do in the interest of public health.
    I agree. I'd even be for suspending the Constitution to mandate that neonazis and skinheads and white supremists get tattooed. :D

Honestly though I don't think it would work. A tattoo on their nether regions saying "Caution: Infected with Herpes" would give us a greater end result. :D
    Koga no Goshi

Quote Originally Posted by Koga No Goshi View Post
    I agree. I'd even be for suspending the Constitution to mandate that neonazis and skinheads and white supremists get tattooed. :D

Honestly though I don't think it would work. A tattoo on their nether regions saying "Caution: Infected with Herpes" would give us a greater end result. :D
    Probably true. If my High School experiences are any guide, quite a number of gals found "stupid" irresistably sexy.

Probably true. If my High School experiences are any guide, quite a number of gals found "stupid" irresistably sexy.
    That and "undereducated with possible criminal intent, and no job." It's rare to find guys like that who don't get sex... but ironically, guys with no job but are otherwise decent guys, will stay single for years. ;)

I guess evolution-wise, at least the jerk might stand a chance of providing for you by killing someone else for things or stealing.
    Koga no Goshi

German Enthusiast Member Alexanderofmacedon's Avatar

Attempts? Yes. Successful from a country bumpkin? Doubtful.

This is funny because I was just thinking the same thing today. Not in a pissed off sort of way, I just kind of pondered why exactly. Evolutionary instinct came to mind.

Now on Topic:

I do believe someone will try to kill Obama during his term(S) as president, but they will fail miserabilty. Like it's been said, secret service will protect Obama very well.

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

I voted yes. There'll definitely be at least one high profile attempt, but as for whether it will be successful - who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

German Enthusiast Member Alexanderofmacedon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeus Caesar View Post
    I voted yes. There'll definitely be at least one high profile attempt, but as for whether it will be successful - who knows?
    Yes but the poll asks whether he will be assassinated rather than whether a plot will be successful.

Arlington, Texas, United States of America.

Most presidents have assasination attempts, why would the next president be any different. I doubt they'll be successful though, the secret service is some of the best security on the planet. But even Bush has come close, saved by a defect in a grenade.
    Wine is a bit different, as I am sure even kids will like it.
    BigTex
    "Hilary Clinton is the devil"
    ~Texas proverb

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigTex View Post
    But even Bush has come close, saved by a defect in a grenade.
    And a pretzel that wasn't hard enough.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Quote Originally Posted by CountArach View Post
    And a pretzel that wasn't hard enough.
    And I know no one is forgetting the Terrorist Tree Attack!
    Last edited by Koga No Goshi; 10-28-2008 at 07:08.
    Koga no Goshi

Blog Entries

Lee Harvey Oswald was pretty hardcore trained, but even arguably he lucked out in his attempt, and that was back in the early '60s. Times have changed significantly. I can't say for sure that he won't be assassinated, so I withheld from saying no outright, though my instincts tell me it would be very very unlikely.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

It wouldn't suprise me if there was an attempt, hell I'm expecting there to be at least a few. As long as the Secret Service keeps up the good work they shouldn't be successful. (Clicked yes, but would lean more to maybe if he's unlucky).

Weird though, I watched Bobby this morning, which I enjoyed.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

I think you give their potential breeding mates far too much credit for literacy. I rather suggest some sort of universally-understood graphic, strategically placed on forehead and crotch. Red circle with a strike-thru, over, something...
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.