Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clarification please?

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Default Re: Clarification please?

PLEASE....
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post

PLEASE....
    Seconded, LOL.
    Koga no Goshi

I give my Nihon Maru to TosaInu in tribute.

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

Meet the new chimp, same as the old chimp.

What's the big deal with chimp? Yes, it may have been used as a racist term, but in this instance it's clearly not the case. I my opinion people should be allowed to call him anyway they want. They can call him chimp, gorilla, polar bear, panda, black bear, great white shark...

It's clear that this is not the case of racism. People may use derogatory terms when referring to him because they don't like him, because they believe he will be worse than Bush, because they believe they're clairvoyant and think that they know he'll be worse then Bush or because they're just being mean. If Obama (or any other politician) isn't ready for that, he should have stayed out of politics. People have a right to have a bad opinion about him, even though he's still not in the office... It is silly to do that, but hey, everyone's entitled to an opinion.

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

I'm still confused. Why can I not be as insuting and repulsive in my discussions as the liberals have been in the past 8 years? Why is it now "spamming" when having a legitamit discussion about the double standards to the respective chimps in this discussion? I really love the how all the suddon its wrong to speak ill of those in power when it was some kind of bagde of honor to act completely disrespectful to those in power for the past 8 years. This is classic. Sure, close the thread, all it will do is prove the point. Again, I find it gut-ripping hilarious listening to the fake outcry of some of you guys...
    RIP Tosa

Quote Originally Posted by Koga No Goshi View Post
    ...But, unlike you, my party is not vindictive and exclusive, and your party will not be forced into sub-basements to hold committee meetings, or threatened with the nuclear option.

It is hysterical gems like these that make me keep coming back to the Backroom for more abuse. I can't get enough!
    "Why spoil the beauty of the thing with legality?" - Theodore Roosevelt

Idealism is masturbation, but unlike real masturbation idealism actually makes one blind. - Fragony

Though Adrian did a brilliant job of defending the great man that is Hugo Chavez, I decided to post this anyway.. - JAG (who else?)

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Exclamation Re: Clarification please?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    You all disgust me.

Am I happy with the election result? No. Do I see hypocrisies present in both sides? All the time. Do I bring them up? Sometimes, but not last night and not now.

I had hoped that after this election, being without the disputes that marred that of 2000 and to a lesser extent 2004, we'd be able to band together and support our President-elect, soon to be President, and hope that he'd do a fine job in leading the country. Instead, I check the Backroom today and I find 3 or 4 threads of the same old trollish as if nothing has changed.

Come on, conservatives, we're better than this. The country means more than winning an argument or feeling better.
    Will you please stop trying to be mature, gracious and and and reasonable! Heaven forbid it might rub off on some.

Originally Posted by Koga No Goshi
    ...But, unlike you, my party is not vindictive and exclusive, and your party will not be forced into sub-basements to hold committee meetings, or threatened with the nuclear option.
    Last edited by Hosakawa Tito; 11-06-2008 at 01:46. Reason: additional irony
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar

The man is not even in the door of his new gaff and already there is a flame war on here.

He only deserves to be criticised when he actually is in office an he is doing stupid things he aint done any things in office yet so criticism is a bit premature.

An bringing up Bush does not count cos two wrongs don't make it right if yer annoyed Obama won thats is your problem apparently millions of americans had no such problem and from the looks of the electoral map they were everywhere.
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

i think this thread has done its time....
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Yes please close the thread, obviously one side of the political spectrum is completely unable to look in a mirror.
    RIP Tosa

Quote Originally Posted by Devastatin Dave View Post
    Yes please close the thread, obviously one side of the political spectrum is completely unable to look in a mirror.
    Koga no Goshi

I give my Nihon Maru to TosaInu in tribute.

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Post Re: Clarification please?

A) If you are going to call him the President Chimp you will have to distinguish him from the other one much like Bush Snr vs Jr.

B) Digs and insults should were possible be original and relevant to the candidate. Bush gets called Shrub... that is both, he also gets called a Chimp because it is relevant to his mannerisms and speech impediment (I think it is rude because he is obviously intelligent but has communication problems).

C) Don't use insults that have any religious or racial connotations for the candidate in question. Sure you can call Bush a Chimp because of his mannerisms, but because of prior racial statements calling a man who identifies himself as African+American has racist connotations. Like calling Conny Chung...Ms Ching or some other thing that could dubiously be seen as racist.

Thread closed, please think and come up with witty remarks that have no racist double meanings attached.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12